Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   CCFp weekly signals (set and forget basket trading) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=635569)

Netgold777 Jun 8, 2017 6:00am | Post# 6401

Greetings, Not sure what is wrong. Tried to setup everything using daily settings. I want to test both weekly and daily settings. Setup using EA v.37.6.5 and not trades opened up when I woke up this morning. Do the trades need to manually opened? Is there setting that I've not set correctly. Please check out the images and let know me what I'm doing wrong? There might be a perception that my questions for help are from a beginner trader, I've been trading for over 10 years in FOREX, futures and the stock market. Using many manual and semi-automated...
Change your opening day to Thursday Dude

kannyjie Jun 8, 2017 6:05am | Post# 6402

2 Attachment(s)
How to make the expert open and close trades as per new suggestions automaticaly? {image} Regards
Hi dadadada
This is a new idea. What was the result of your test? Need to increase the filter condition, as Gvc says?
This EA is a variant of my own EA. Xmess7 has written a very good EA, I didn't mean to make a mess, but I use xess7 EA have difficulty, and my native language is not English so it is difficult to know xmess7 instructions. So I wrote some EA for myself.
The EA will check CCF every minute.
I tested it at ICMarkets.
I haven't had a long test yet. Please give me feedback.
Most of the sentences come from SteveHopwood and his BBS, thanks.
Thank you for all the people who contribute here.
kanny
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 426 KB
CCF dadadadaVer.ex4

Abah5 Jun 8, 2017 6:30am | Post# 6403

1 Attachment(s)
couldn't even get 100 pips/basket. anybody got good result today?
Click to Enlarge

Name: d1.JPG
Size: 84 KB

jenbols Jun 8, 2017 6:37am | Post# 6404

{quote} So this. {image}
yeah exactly. that is what i use daily so no need for me to ask that function to add pairs ,,, Eax does it all
more over i got the Option which "Only Adds Pair" if profitable _
Ohh wow, i just reminded of something ..

Kezz23 Jun 8, 2017 6:39am | Post# 6405

1 Attachment(s)
couldn't even get 100 pips/basket. anybody got good result today? {image}
Just a quick scalp at LO with from two baskets, 1440 TF and FT MA 5-12. I hate the pips values, the ones in profit have little pip value, the ones in dd have bigger pips value..
But is news day, UK elections so I would normally stayed out this day.

Cheers!
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot4.png
Size: 52 KB

FxMadness Jun 8, 2017 6:44am | Post# 6406

couldn't even get 100 pips/basket. anybody got good result today? {image}
Just wait for it...

So far "Triple Threat Thursday" has been a dud. In the day with the greatest concentration of market-moving risk events so far in 2017, market action - at least for the time being - has been a whimper, with European stocks and US futures modestly higher ahead of the ECBs rate decision and Comey's testimony, as the U.K. voting is underway.

firewight Jun 8, 2017 7:14am | Post# 6407

{quote} Just wait for it... {quote}
LOL yeah today and tomorrow really arent the best days to be expecting big green baskets...

Abah5 Jun 8, 2017 7:19am | Post# 6408

{quote} Just a quick scalp at LO with from two baskets, 1440 TF and FT MA 5-12. I hate the pips values, the ones in profit have little pip value, the ones in dd have bigger pips value.. But is news day, UK elections so I would normally stayed out this day. Cheers! {image}
a profit is a profit right? keep up the green pips

Abah5 Jun 8, 2017 7:25am | Post# 6409

{quote} Just wait for it... {quote}
i'm already waiting from Sydney open, given up and let the market take control

Abah5 Jun 8, 2017 7:25am | Post# 6410

{quote} LOL yeah today and tomorrow really arent the best days to be expecting big green baskets...
oh well there's always next week

rumbaut Jun 8, 2017 7:28am | Post# 6411

{quote} HI Rumbaut ... If i understand well ,,,when you say < enable the EA to continue monitoring the list even the time start expired > so basically you are asking something like a dashboard ... it could be , because i see you are using Eax like me _? i think i know what you mean and you would like the EA to keep on opening trades, "if and should" new Pairs be displayed by the Ccfp-diff when market conditions are changed ... _/ Also you would like all those pairs ("you say, expired ?") which were displayed in the Ccfp-diff "before the Ea starts...
Hi Jenbol

Here is what I would like to have

a) Basket continue monitoring new list to be traded
1) Started Basket ( using time ) >>> the list is empty in the ind >>> wait for new list to add pairs to trade by basket
2) Started Basket ( using time ) >>> the list is ready in the ind >>> add pairs to trade by basket
3) Hit the target >>> close the basket until next day at the same time

b) Basket continue monitoring new list to be traded until range hours end
1) Started Basket ( using range hours ) >>> the list is empty in the ind >>> wait for new list to add pairs to trade by basket
2) Started Basket ( using range hours ) >>> the list is ready in the ind >>> add pairs to trade by basket
3) Hit the target or end the range of the time >>> close the basket until next day at the same time of the range hours

Note:
In both scenarios the basket will take each NEW list and check to see if a trade is in place already. If it is the same symbol with same operation then leave the trade alone but if it is the same symbol with different operation then basket close trade and open new trade with new operation. In that case we don't duplicate any pair in same direction. Only one BUY , or SELL, new BUY close previous SELL, and new SELL close previous BUY

Regarding previous list ready before time start ( time or range ) we don't trade those because were signals before our time. Is the same as EAX do, when appear criteria in the dash and time expired or amount of basket are met, the dash highlight the pair but not make new entry

Thanks
Jose

paul72 Jun 8, 2017 8:23am | Post# 6412

{quote} Hi dadadada This is a new idea. What was the result of your test? Need to increase the filter condition, as Gvc says? This EA is a variant of my own EA. Xmess7 has written a very good EA, I didn't mean to make a mess, but I use xess7 EA have difficulty, and my native language is not English so it is difficult to know xmess7 instructions. So I wrote some EA for myself. The EA will check CCF every minute. I tested it at ICMarkets. I haven't had a long test yet. Please give me feedback. Most of the sentences come from SteveHopwood and his BBS,...
HI there your EA is very good

Cheers Paul

notreally Jun 8, 2017 8:36am | Post# 6413

1 Attachment(s)
Xmess,
I noticed today that GBPCAD had dropped to around -70 pips and my individual trade SL was set at 50. Are any of these settings interfering with this?
Thanks and thanks for all the nice work.

{quote} forexmercury: Thnx alot for helping out. I got in touch with him and found out exactly what he was looking for. Yep... update is coming soon LOL.
Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1321
Size:  59 KB

xmess7 Jun 8, 2017 8:37am | Post# 6414

Xmess: Any updates on v37.8?
Thor: The development is going slow due to other commitments. So what I am doing is slowly adding parts of v37.8 that already work and releasing them as updates.

There also have been some conditions that have had to been worked on. For example the recent one is that the use of the hour range to have the EA continue to add trades during that time. The code for the EA to do just that was already in place it just wasn't organized properly. Another was displaying the Multi Basket stats. In the previous version 37.7.5 the user had no way of seeing what the total gains or number of trades was for all the baskets, other than knowing which chart the option was activated on. v37.7.6 will now show the user on the chart that the feature was activated the totals for all baskets. Then there were little things like closing certain internal flags once a basket was open. This was necessary so folks could use other scripts to control MM, other wise the EA would keep opening new baskets after an attempt to close it using an external script/EA.

Hopefully this Friday I will have time to sit down and iron out the last remaining things. In the mean time as time allows I will continue to release parts of v37.8 so you guys can start using them.
Jess

berrypop Jun 8, 2017 8:51am | Post# 6415

Hi Kannyjii. What CCp did you use the CCP from Forexpinbar??

xmess7 Jun 8, 2017 8:53am | Post# 6416

Xmess, I noticed today that GBPCAD had dropped to around -70 pips and my individual trade SL was set at 50. Are any of these settings interfering with this? Thanks and thanks for all the nice work. {quote} {image}
Hey notreally:

You forgot to set SetProfitTargetsTo = Individual Trades. Your images shows that it is set to Basket.

Now you have an interesting version (37.5). That version will use the profit lock on the basket and on each trade (I think it will I never tested it).
So let me know if you test it to see if it works and how it works on either the whole basket or each trade.
This should be interesting cause as the individual trades get stopped out the whole basket gets smaller and if it already has a lock the basket may take longer to reach the next lock or get stopped out sooner cause it's number has changed. Should be an interesting setup.

Jess

fibo38 Jun 8, 2017 8:56am | Post# 6417

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: basket8.png
Size: 56 KB

dadadada Jun 8, 2017 8:58am | Post# 6418

{quote} Hi dadadada This is a new idea. What was the result of your test? Need to increase the filter condition, as Gvc says? This EA is a variant of my own EA. Xmess7 has written a very good EA, I didn't mean to make a mess, but I use xess7 EA have difficulty, and my native language is not English so it is difficult to know xmess7 instructions. So I wrote some EA for myself. The EA will check CCF every minute. I tested it at ICMarkets. I haven't had a long test yet. Please give me feedback. Most of the sentences come from SteveHopwood and his BBS,...
Thanks a lot for your response.
I am not " writing type ". After following/lurking silently for long time, amass enough courage, (yes right, Courage), I write. That too not only for me but for general development. If you go to FF " Alien extraterrestrial visual system https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=463573 " you would know what I meant by "staying on right side of the trade". This thread is a gold mine. We are sitting right on the top of a gold mine.
As for following suggestion, this would reduce draw down. Churn all the butter from milk without leaving anything. Regards.

notreally Jun 8, 2017 9:01am | Post# 6419

Thanks, it was more I was hoping to have individual SL along with basket.

{quote} Hey notreally: You forgot to set SetProfitTargetsTo = Individual Trades. Your images shows that it is set to Basket. Now you have an interesting version (37.5). That version will use the profit lock on the basket and on each trade (I think it will I never tested it). So let me know if you test it to see if it works and how it works on either the whole basket or each trade. This should be interesting cause as the individual trades get stopped out the whole basket gets smaller and if it already has a lock the basket may take longer...

xmess7 Jun 8, 2017 9:03am | Post# 6420

{quote} HI Rumbaut ... If i understand well ,,,when you say < enable the EA to continue monitoring the list even the time start expired > so basically you are asking something like a dashboard ... it could be , because i see you are using Eax like me _? i think i know what you mean and you would like the EA to keep on opening trades, "if and should" new Pairs be displayed by the Ccfp-diff when market conditions are changed ... _/ Also you would like all those pairs ("you say, expired ?") which were displayed in the Ccfp-diff "before the Ea starts...
Jenbols:

Basically Rembaut pointed out that when the EA is selected to use the Hour range (xx:xx - xx:xx) that it should continuously monitor the ccfp-diff trade list.
Then after it has established the first basket that it will continue to look at the list for either new pairs or for pairs of same symbol but with opposite suggestion. The EA would then continue to form the basket during the hour range. Aside from it stopping when the hour range is over, the EA would also take into consideration % margin.
The % margin would be set by the user. This along with the end of the hour range, would be the limit of number of trades that the EA would open up to form the basket.

Oh I decided to use the hour range as a trigger, cause that is where a user selects a time range. This would not work using the other hour inputs, no range.

Another thing, Rumbaut is using the MTF ccfp-diff indicator. That indicator is more pro-pensive to not having any pairs in it's list due to the MTF conditions. Thus you need to have the EA capable of "building" a basket as it produces "new" trades suggestions.

© Forex Factory