Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   CCFp weekly signals (set and forget basket trading) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=635569)

alesridl May 23, 2017 1:27pm | Post# 5361

Today 4th week in a row to reach 10% TP on a tuesday. Settings: lvl2, 10080, TF, start 1 hour after LO.
Did you started your weekly basket on Tuesdays or Mondays?

Chake May 23, 2017 1:38pm | Post# 5362

{quote} Very nice! How has your drawdown been on the way to 10% each week?
Yeah.. good question, i was affraid someone would ask this.. The answer is i don't know exactly, i recall last week was rough i but i have no records anymore, sorry.
I trade this without SL just to see what would happen, my idea is to start live trading with a small account so the SL would be the account going zero.
Any profits would be withdrawn untill i got my starting money back, after wich i would allow the accout to grow for a while..

Chake May 23, 2017 1:39pm | Post# 5363

{quote} Did you started your weekly basket on Tuesdays or Mondays?
Tuesdays

montego May 23, 2017 1:39pm | Post# 5364

1 Attachment(s)
Ok folks Done for the week. Today it took 11hrs. Settiings: W1 T,F level 2 mode:weekly 11gmt Wow one more profitable week and the account doubles. This is the 10th straight profitable week and yes it is live. Started with $2000.. current balance; $3912 Enjoy {image}
Well done Xmess, Finished for the week also, i took your advise, same settings and times but wasnt around to close at 7% and lucky for me it hit my 10% a few hours ago
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 25 KB

scali May 23, 2017 2:43pm | Post# 5365

{quote} Yeah.. good question, i was affraid someone would ask this.. The answer is i don't know exactly, i recall last week was rough i but i have no records anymore, sorry. I trade this without SL just to see what would happen, my idea is to start live trading with a small account so the SL would be the account going zero. Any profits would be withdrawn untill i got my starting money back, after wich i would allow the accout to grow for a while..
Very Good Chake!

Hi everyone,
I would like to see some discussion about SL for Daily Baskets...

1st option: Setup a fixed SL, pips or % - basket stay open until get TP or SL.
2nd option: Open a second basket on next day to try to average positions - baskets stay open until get TP or SL.
3rd Option: Close the basket at the end of the day with loss.

Is there any others ideas and how are you guys dealing with SL?

Thank you!!!

xmess7 May 23, 2017 4:36pm | Post# 5366

UPDATE:
Just wanted to let you know that we are working on v37.8. We found several bugs and will be working on these.
In addition I am going to make this the last version I will be involved with. After this is released and no more bugs are found the source code will be released under the open source license. The source release will allow for future developers to improve the code or add ideas that we did not get to. Plus this way with the source code you have the certainty that no funny business is being done behind the scenes. If you are not a programmer just find a coder you know and trust and that way they can verify for you that the code is proper. Lastly.. if I get hit by a beer truck and get totally drunk and forget who I am and live in total drunken bliss, you will be ok cause you will have the source code LOL.

Peace
Jess

Chake May 23, 2017 4:54pm | Post# 5367

UPDATE: Just wanted to let you know that we are working on v37.8. ... if I get hit by a beer truck and get totally drunk and forget who I am and live in total drunken bliss, you will be ok cause you will have the source code LOL. Peace Jess
That's great news Jess!
Can't thank you enough for developing the EA and giving away the source code for free, that's very generous of you!
I hope a beer truck never hits you LOL, but i wish you lots of beer money trading this system.

bojack34 May 23, 2017 4:57pm | Post# 5368

UPDATE: Just wanted to let you know that we are working on v37.8. We found several bugs and will be working on these. In addition I am going to make this the last version I will be involved with. After this is released and no more bugs are found the source code will be released under the open source license. The source release will allow for future developers to improve the code or add ideas that we did not get to. Plus this way with the source code you have the certainty that no funny business is being done behind the scenes. If you are not a programmer...
I think Michael Jordan just announced his "stepping down" and is moving on to his next GREAT ADVENTURE. Only his wonderful human imagination knows where that will take him!!! Where is Kobe??? LOL Thank you VERY MUCH for all of your hard work and countless hours spent implementing other traders thoughts/ideas into the AWESOME EA we now have!

rammer13 May 23, 2017 5:08pm | Post# 5369

Hi I have been following this thread and regard it as the best I have seen so far and would like to thank xmess7 for his most generous offer to this trading forum.Regards from NZ

Husky77 May 23, 2017 5:13pm | Post# 5370

UPDATE: Just wanted to let you know that we are working on v37.8. We found several bugs and will be working on these. In addition I am going to make this the last version I will be involved with. After this is released and no more bugs are found the source code will be released under the open source license. The source release will allow for future developers to improve the code or add ideas that we did not get to. Plus this way with the source code you have the certainty that no funny business is being done behind the scenes. If you are not a programmer...

well... this is really job done WELL.
my hat off for this man!

ordosgoitia May 23, 2017 6:19pm | Post# 5371

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, i am using since last week in my real account
1440 timeframe
level 2 FF. Tp 200 SL 200 Lock profits in 100 pips
7:00 gmt
i went from 30 usd initial to 83 since wedneday.
every 100 usd i will increase the lot from 0.01 to 0.02
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2017-05-23.png
Size: 39 KB

smahil May 23, 2017 6:43pm | Post# 5372

Hi, i am using since last week in my real account level 2 FF. Tp 200 SL 200 Lock profits in 100 pips i went from 30 usd initial to 83 since wedneday. every 100 usd i will increase the lot from 0.01 to 0.02 {image}
What time frame you using weekly or daily?

paradoxical May 23, 2017 7:00pm | Post# 5373

Hi guys, I feel we are getting overloaded and overboard to try all possible settings of the CCFp. (I think I am going crazy,lol) I believe all settings, esp using different MA values will result in the same inconsistent result.i.e.some weeks are red pips and some will be green pips. This is because there are some weeks where we will have correction from the trend. Since CCFp is a trend indicator, and the best trend follower from my experience is by looking at the color of the current weekly or monthly body candle. Is the current weekly candle turning...
Very good post. thanks.

Erebus May 23, 2017 7:13pm | Post# 5374

Hi guys, I feel we are getting overloaded and overboard to try all possible settings of the CCFp. (I think I am going crazy,lol) I believe all settings, esp using different MA values will result in the same inconsistent result.i.e.some weeks are red pips and some will be green pips. This is because there are some weeks where we will have correction from the trend. Since CCFp is a trend indicator, and the best trend follower from my experience is by looking at the color of the current weekly or monthly body candle. Is the current weekly candle turning...
Thanks for sharing this great idea, and the indicator. I'm sure it can be the way to very good extra confirmation, might even keep out of bad trade direction.

As I'm looking right now for example, EURUSD is green monthly, red weekly and green daily, so no short trade

However, price is not far below weekly open, and if it moved up by Europe session, the weekly would become green

Now, no guarantee that would continue up if it happened, but if it stays red and goes down, it has prevented a loss happening

Good luck to all

PS: If any coders here can check that indicator, the corner position setting doesn't work, it only stays in " 1 "

blamshakk May 23, 2017 8:05pm | Post# 5375

hey chrisdk2017

nice going. can you please specify which of those daily settings you used? maybe with a screenshot if possible ie trade level, FF/FT etc?

thanks,blam

+1032 pips today! Using forexpinbar's settings https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...41#post9867141 daily closure, manually so far until I find an EA that do it for me.

firewight May 23, 2017 9:02pm | Post# 5376

Great work xmass7! Im sure you know that it is highly appreciated and everyone here thanks you for your generous efforts!

firewight May 23, 2017 9:03pm | Post# 5377

Hi, i am using since last week in my real account 1440 timeframe level 2 FF. Tp 200 SL 200 Lock profits in 100 pips i went from 30 usd initial to 83 since wedneday. every 100 usd i will increase the lot from 0.01 to 0.02 {image}
Nice results! What is your start time please?

paradoxical May 23, 2017 9:04pm | Post# 5378

{quote} Thanks for sharing this great idea, and the indicator. I'm sure it can be the way to very good extra confirmation, might even keep out of bad trade direction. As I'm looking right now for example, EURUSD is green monthly, red weekly and green daily, so no short trade However, price is not far below weekly open, and if it moved up by Europe session, the weekly would become green Now, no guarantee that would continue up if it happened, but if it stays red and goes down, it has prevented a loss happening Good luck to all PS: If any coders here...
I am having the same issue with the indicator as well as it not showing all pairs and being "scrunched" too close.

countpips May 23, 2017 9:14pm | Post# 5379

{quote} Great work xmass7! Im sure you know that it is highly appreciated and everyone here thanks you for your generous efforts!
Yes. Thank you Jess for all your great work!

Erebus May 23, 2017 10:28pm | Post# 5380

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} I am having the same issue with the indicator as well as it not showing all pairs and being "scrunched" too close.
I can guarantee you that is not the indicator fault make it easy for you, copy & paste this. Check other settings, should be able to get similar

AUDCAD,AUDCHF,AUDJPY,AUDNZD,AUDUSD,CADCHF,CADJPY,CHFJPY,EURAUD,EURCAD,EURCHF,EURGBP,EURJPY,EURNZD,EURUSD,GBPAUD,GBPCAD,GBPCHF,GBPJPY,GBPNZD,GBPUSD,NZDCAD,NZDCHF,NZDJPY,NZDUSD,USDCAD,USDCHF,USDJPY

Click to Enlarge

Name: 2017-05-24_12-24-57.png
Size: 51 KB

© Forex Factory