Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   CCFp weekly signals (set and forget basket trading) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=635569)

FerruFx May 23, 2017 9:18am | Post# 5341

{quote} To be honest, due to being a big fan of Thailand i love the 7/11 food shop there so guess of what i was thinking lol ?
I'm living there since 12 years ... and 7/11 is part of the daily routine

firewight May 23, 2017 9:21am | Post# 5342

{quote} I'm living there since 12 years ... and 7/11 is part of the daily routine
haha seems like a few of use are here

FerruFx May 23, 2017 9:25am | Post# 5343

{quote} haha seems like a few of use are here

jenbols May 23, 2017 9:28am | Post# 5344

{quote} I'm living there since 12 years ... and 7/11 is part of the daily routine
Ehya Ferrux, well done...
I am going there in September
and will bring Ccfp-diff with me

jenbols May 23, 2017 9:31am | Post# 5345

2 Attachment(s)
It looks like the 5-12 not so nice on 10080 FF, but the Pip count better
wonder if i really should start to stop manually
grab pips when i can and go ....
and i have seen the same result from someone else ...
Ah well the day is not over for other set ups ...
Click to Enlarge

Name: basket mixed1.jpg
Size: 714 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: basket mixed2.jpg
Size: 1.0 MB

mrdfx May 23, 2017 9:36am | Post# 5346

It's really amazing how many variations there are and just a slight change in settings will produce quite different results. I've been following everyone's test settings and trying to see which have more consistency over other. From starting with 6 baskets, I'm now testing 12!

I see that depending on what GMT time you set the EA to start will give very different results. Someone starting at 09:00 will profit and someone starting at 07:00 will have loss or vice versa etc. Today I had most of my baskets start at 09:00 and they all hit SL. I set my SL to 200/250 pips so I'm not sure if my SL was set to tight and I should make it bigger.

I found that most are having better results testing with TF, and FF, and Level2 is the most common filter setting.

I'm also still figuring out whether setting the CCFp-Diff indicator to 10080/weekly or 1440/daily mode will produce better results when trading the EA on daily. So many combinations to try!

mrdfx May 23, 2017 9:44am | Post# 5347

It looks like the 5-12 not so nice on 10080 FF, but the Pip count better wonder if i really should start to stop manually grab pips when i can and go .... and i have seen the same result from someone else ... Ah well the day is not over for other set ups ... {image} {image}
Do you think perhaps the GMT starting time of your baskets had any effect on your results? I've seen you having pretty good success with the 5-12 setting, perhaps its something else?

I'm really starting to think that the opening time is very important factor when it comes to the baskets.

jenbols May 23, 2017 10:02am | Post# 5348

{quote} Do you think perhaps the GMT starting time of your baskets had any effect on your results? I've seen you having pretty good success with the 5-12 setting, perhaps its something else? I'm really starting to think that the opening time is very important factor when it comes to the baskets.
Yes starting time it is also very important
but what i do i keep a card for each set up
and note down at the end of the day all results also the
Mode / Weekly / Daily
Timing
SL/TP used and
Max/Min pip count
Open and Close
Any Major News
I am always looking for Indicators that show a better past history price
as i see that past teaches about future behavior or sort of ....
When i see that a setup went to negative i look also at the Max pip count and if pip count if over 200 +
then i got something to think about .. not of course that i am gonna reduce the SL, no, no ....
but helps to see an average of things generally and form ideas ....
With all these testing we are now forming our own Rules //
For example: We tested many times FF TT TF FF, and we got better results with TF/FF so using that only / Rule 1 (for me)
then we saw that Monday and Friday we got our fingers burnt many time and lost
so .... no more Mon and Fri .. or there about ... Rule 2 ... and so on there will be rules
and they make us feel better and offer a guide on how to behave_
Ia m not being funny when i say that being like a disciplined Human-Robot "when trading time comes" makes life better, at least when there is money at stake ... yeahhhh

Depare72 May 23, 2017 10:10am | Post# 5349

{quote} Yes I understand. I like to leave the bad setups in just to test over a long enough period, but on a live account you gotta cut the deadwood away fast! Take a look at the 5-12 and 9-12 comparisons above on the 10080, they are producing nice results!
yes looking at your charts 9-12 especially seems to give good results...for a newbie like me..9-12 are the trade set up levels? unlike the standard default of 2?
Thanks for your help.

firewight May 23, 2017 10:27am | Post# 5350

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} yes looking at your charts 9-12 especially seems to give good results...for a newbie like me..9-12 are the trade set up levels? unlike the standard default of 2? Thanks for your help.
Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1921
Size:  85 KB

acit May 23, 2017 11:39am | Post# 5351

4 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

I feel we are getting overloaded and overboard to try all possible settings of the CCFp. (I think I am going crazy,lol)

I believe all settings, esp using different MA values will result in the same inconsistent result.i.e.some weeks are red pips and some will be green pips. This is because there are some weeks where we will have correction from the trend.

Since CCFp is a trend indicator, and the best trend follower from my experience is by looking at the color of the current weekly or monthly body candle.

Is the current weekly candle turning from red to green or is the monthly candle turning from green to red? Is the current weekly and monthly candle both in green?

Therefore with this idea in mind, I had setup another indicator to tell me if all 3 (daily/weekly/monthly) current body candles is a green or red. If all green then we have a very strong up trend and vice versa.

With this info, minutes before the EA open hour, I will compare the signals from the CCFp and did not trade those pairs that are not all 3 red/green.

Results:

So far so good:

- 2 baskets (One running 10080/FF/lvl2/8am gmt and the 2nd one on 10080/TF/lvl2/8am gmt)

- I aim for 2 baskets of total tp=200pips/ sl=200pips

- Monday = TP 200 pips
- Tuesday = TP 200 pips
- Wednesday = Ongoing tomorrow...

Below is my chart screen for Tuesday:

Basket 1:
Only USDCHF/USDCAD/GBPCHF/GBPCAD are valid pairs.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 50 KB

Basket 2:
Only USDCHF/USDCAD/GBPCHF/AUDNZD/NZDUSD/GBPCAD/GBPNZD are valid pairs.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot3.png
Size: 52 KB

Green pips all!!

Trend indicator_LuXingMod_AUD.mq4
Trend indicator_LuXingMod_AUD.ex4

firewight May 23, 2017 12:13pm | Post# 5352

Hi guys, I feel we are getting overloaded and overboard to try all possible settings of the CCFp. (I think I am going crazy,lol) I believe all settings, esp using different MA values will result in the same inconsistent result.i.e.some weeks are red pips and some will be green pips. This is because there are some weeks where we will have correction from the trend. Since CCFp is a trend indicator, and the best trend follower from my experience is by looking at the color of the current weekly or monthly body candle. Is the current weekly candle turning...
Thats an interesting and valid approach! It does take away from the set and forget methodology we are trying to attain though, but hey, whatever works!

I do find that the whole monthly/weekly/daily candle thing can be less reliable at certain times of the month, for instance, day 1 of the month on the new monthly candle would be less reliable, etc.

Definitely worth a look though, cheers!

acit May 23, 2017 12:18pm | Post# 5353

{quote} Thats an interesting and valid approach! It does take away from the set and forget methodology we are trying to attain though, but hey, whatever works! I do find that the whole monthly/weekly/daily candle thing can be less reliable at certain times of the month, for instance, day 1 of the month on the new monthly candle would be less reliable, etc. Definitely worth a look though, cheers!
I understand your concern regarding the day 1 of the month and have thought about it but, hey, that is why we have the CCFp indicator to show us the light if that is a good trend. So I though let the indicator be the 2nd gate to not let bad trades go thru...and the 3rd gate to eliminate bad trades is to opening trades at LO where usually it gives us the best volatility and also the direction for the day...and so let see how it goes...

If you were to look at my screens, look at those pairs not selected to trade today and look at the chart where they are now...we would have been losing pips if we took those trades...

Md.romanuddi May 23, 2017 12:51pm | Post# 5354

Acit, at beginning of this strategy I am reading all thread. But your idea fairly better than other thinking. At first forexfinbar was posted weekly trading idea via Dashboard EA then all green pips. I am astonished seeing this results of Forexpibar. I cannot but believe. Then he starts this strategy on those results. l like Dashboard trading totally manual with different indicator that you have understood . I think that needs many many practices by all traders but to show negative and positive trading results to away aside different problem traders. I request all members post negative/positive results to understand. What happened? Which is the best setting Daily, weekly, monthly different trade lebel 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and TF, FF, FT. Post results continually.

firewight May 23, 2017 12:55pm | Post# 5355

Acit, at beginning of this strategy I am reading all thread. But your idea fairly better than other thinking. At first forexfinbar was posted weekly trading idea via Dashboard EA then all green pips. I am astonished seeing this results of Forexpibar. I cannot but believe. Then he starts this strategy on those results. l like Dashboard trading totally manual with different indicator that you have understood . I think that needs many many practices by all traders but to show negative and positive trading results to away aside different problem traders....
Sure, and you will show us your results, yes?

Thank you.

Chake May 23, 2017 1:04pm | Post# 5356

Spot the difference.
Besides some settings on the trade monitor.. you use two different trade monitors: 37.7.1 and 37.7.2

Chake May 23, 2017 1:15pm | Post# 5357

Today 4th week in a row to reach 10% TP on a tuesday.
Settings: lvl2, 10080, TF, start 1 hour after LO.

Netgold777 May 23, 2017 1:18pm | Post# 5358

Hi guys, I feel we are getting overloaded and overboard to try all possible settings of the CCFp. (I think I am going crazy,lol) I believe all settings, esp using different MA values will result in the same inconsistent result.i.e.some weeks are red pips and some will be green pips. This is because there are some weeks where we will have correction from the trend. Since CCFp is a trend indicator, and the best trend follower from my experience is by looking at the color of the current weekly or monthly body candle. Is the current weekly candle turning...
I really think you may have hit the nail on the head there acit. You have written down something I have been feeling, in me waters, almost since the start of this thread.

firewight May 23, 2017 1:23pm | Post# 5359

Today 4th week in a row to reach 10% TP on a tuesday. Settings: lvl2, 10080, TF, start 1 hour after LO.
Very nice! How has your drawdown been on the way to 10% each week?

mrdfx May 23, 2017 1:26pm | Post# 5360

So basically you'll look at the trend indicator to see which pairs are matching from the CCFp indicator and confirm them, then the ones which are not confirmed you'll take out from the trade manually in the CCFp indicator settings just before the EA opens the basket? And you do this daily?

© Forex Factory