Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   CCFp weekly signals (set and forget basket trading) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=635569)

nihilist23uk May 12, 2017 11:59am | Post# 4701

Not sure why my ea wont close out my trades at the -200pips set.It done that yesterday so this morning i changed start time and stop to -200pips,reset ea and relaunched mt4.ea started at new set time but ignored -200pips stop again, strange !

UPDATE....think i spotted it,I had put -200 and my other baskets had -200.0
Ill try that on monday.
Have a good weekend everyone !

Embry1 May 12, 2017 11:59am | Post# 4702

Quite good for one day..Basket was opened today at 9AM Gmt and will be closed at New York close..Settings here https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...35#post9832535 {image}
My indicator only shows 6 pairs at trade level 5. Also on 10080 setting. My broker is a GMT +3 which should match the NY daily close bars. Is yours different?

Also I assume the TF referse to the Use Current option and use Bar over MA. But what are you referring to with the entire TF, FF, FT in your settings?

montego May 12, 2017 12:00pm | Post# 4703

Quite good for one day..Basket was opened today at 9AM Gmt and will be closed at New York close..Settings here https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...35#post9832535 {image}
Hi Forexpinbar, brilliant
What i do want to ask is have you tradeded and had possitive days for all of this week with this 18 basket setup, cheers Jon.

Catalin68 May 12, 2017 12:03pm | Post# 4704

1 Attachment(s)
Weekly signals on daily mode..Quite good for one day..Basket was opened today at 9AM Gmt and will be closed at New York close..Settings here https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...35#post9832535 {image}
Objective accomplished, for this week ... CCFp D1/Lv1 TF
Click to Enlarge

Name: WTIH4.png
Size: 54 KB

firewight May 12, 2017 12:15pm | Post# 4705

Basket was opened today with settings as seen in screenshot..Drawdown is pretty impressivve.. {image}
Trade level 9 had a lot of super strong signals, almost a guaranteed win!

interaliam May 12, 2017 12:19pm | Post# 4706

Weekly signals on daily mode..Quite good for one day..Basket was opened today at 9AM Gmt and will be closed at New York close..Settings here https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...35#post9832535 {image}
Forexpinbar:

What was the DD for this?

Thanks
Jon

ectaco May 12, 2017 12:19pm | Post# 4707

{quote} Trade level 9 had a lot of super strong signals, almost a guaranteed win!
Yes, strong signals but contradicting. We have to figure which combination of TF or FF or FT works better.

In one chart with weekly signals, FT (or TF) and trade level 9 I see at histogram GBP strong sell

In other chart with weekly signals, FF and trade level 9 I see GBP green for strong buy

firewight May 12, 2017 12:22pm | Post# 4708

{quote} Yes, strong signals but contradicting. We have to figure which combination of TF or FF or FT works better. In one chart with weekly signals, FT (or TF) and trade level 9 I see at histogram GBP strong sell In other chart with weekly signals, FF and trade level 9 I see GBP green for strong buy
well seeing he got +428 pips for a -19 pip drawdown, I'd say it went pretty strongly in his direction

Forexpinbar May 12, 2017 12:23pm | Post# 4709

1 Attachment(s)
Weekly signals on weekly mode..Basket was opened on Monday and will be closed today on NY close..Settings here https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...35#post9832535 ..Has been a roller coaster week for the mentioned settings ..Basket went as high as +3000pips during the week after a -1000pips drawdown and declined from +3000pips to about -3900pips and to current pips -1254 as seen screenshot .This is not quite a big deal in my opinion because last week alone the same settings made about 9667 pips here https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...56#post9835856 .Total net pips for this month(last week+this week) using the settings in the link is 9667-1254 = 8413pips .As I always say this is not a Holly grail ..You will have winning weeks and loosing weeks ..Win some lose some lol. ..It feels good and profitable when your wins(pips) outweigh your losses(pips) .. Be patient when you open a basket on Monday and wish to close it on Friday..Dont forget to use proper money management ..The power of proper money management cannot be underestimated in successful trading.
Click to Enlarge

Name: WEEKLYSIGNALSWEEKLYMODE.png
Size: 34 KB

ckyon1 May 12, 2017 12:25pm | Post# 4710

{quote} My indicator only shows 6 pairs at trade level 5. Also on 10080 setting. My broker is a GMT +3 which should match the NY daily close bars. Is yours different? Also I assume the TF referse to the Use Current option and use Bar over MA. But what are you referring to with the entire TF, FF, FT in your settings?
I'm thinking you need to read the previous post again to understand what the EA is doing. The TF he is referring to was the 10800 "timeframe" while the TF FF FT refers to the indicator settings.

Forexpinbar May 12, 2017 12:32pm | Post# 4711

{quote} My indicator only shows 6 pairs at trade level 5. Also on 10080 setting. My broker is a GMT +3 which should match the NY daily close bars. Is yours different? Also I assume the TF referse to the Use Current option and use Bar over MA. But what are you referring to with the entire TF, FF, FT in your settings?
Questions have already been answered...You wont be warned the next time but banned..Goodluck.

Forexpinbar May 12, 2017 12:35pm | Post# 4712

{quote} Objective accomplished, for this week ... CCFp D1/Lv1 {image}
Well done Catalin68 ..Making at least 1000pips a week with CCFp strategy has become the order of the day..

Catalin68 May 12, 2017 12:41pm | Post# 4713

{quote} Well done Catalin68 ..Making at least 1000pips a week with CCFp strategy has become the order of the day..
Then, I will endeavor in the next week to do more

claudia1 May 12, 2017 12:49pm | Post# 4714

{quote} Well done Catalin68 ..Making at least 1000pips a week with CCFp strategy has become the order of the day..
Don't get so hung up on pips it's matters. Down over the week on pips but up over 2k profit - what's more important ?

Forexpinbar May 12, 2017 12:54pm | Post# 4715

{quote} Don't get so hung up on pips it's matters. Down over the week on pips but up over 2k profit - what's more important ?
Whether pips or dollar amount , doesnt really matter in my personal opinion..What matters is being profitable in the long run without loosing your shirt/blowing your account.I prefer trading with small lot size as small as 0.01 fixed lot size for all trades with a $1000 account and collect as many pips as I can that way I am playing it safe at the same time my account will grow steadily. $2000 account with 0.02lot , $3000 with 0.03lot and the list goes on in that order..8413 were collected from the beginning of this month with the settings here https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...35#post9832535.. 8413pips with 0.01 lot is about $800 and that is 80% increase on a $1000 account in just 2 weeks .Wish you green pips with your method

claudia1 May 12, 2017 1:01pm | Post# 4716

{quote} Whether pips or dollar amount , doesnt really matter..What matters is being profitable in the long run without loosing your shirt/blowing your account.
Agree with that.

johnsmith2nd May 12, 2017 1:34pm | Post# 4717

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Nice touch. I am not trying to hijack or detract from golden rules, just thought I'd attach this indi for those who could benefit as purely sign of confirmation of the CCfp signals. In this circumstance, I may avoid trading the weaker signals (NZDJPY/GBPAUD/NZDCHF) as they will more than likely remain less volatile and therefore less movement. I will test this out. This currency strength dash can calculate on different time frames, daily/h4/weekly etc. So can be used MTF or weekly basket trades. {image} {file}
In reference to my last post. I tried out red news trade.
Two baskets. Both settings as 1440 - T/F. Trade level 2.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 63 KB

The only difference was the 2nd basket I manually filtered out the currency pairs which had a low currency strength.
Interestingly the basket where I manually filtered the weaker pairs (from the CCFp signal) I got LESS pips, but also a smaller DD.
Now I did apply this filtering technique whilst trading the 'red news' that xmess7 mentioned, which may be slightly poor of me.
Next week I will see what the CCfp signals show for weekly, and correlate this with currency strength, and place 2 baskets, 1 with filtered pairs and one with 'vanilla' CCfp selections and see if this has ANY bearing at all on the longer time frames.

My weekly baskets from Tuesday-Friday has still provided me with green pips, however I had some obstacles when testing. Lets hope for a good next week start. I'm still deciding whether I open on Monday LO/NY OR wait for Tuesday.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 31 KB

I want to reiterate if forexpinbar doesn't want me to share this as it is slightly away from the main strategy. I will respect that totally. In the end of the day I may be barking up the wrong tree entirely as CCFp inatepy focuses on currency strength albeit varying calculation methods. Thanks to all!

csternfx May 12, 2017 2:00pm | Post# 4718

Weekly signals on weekly mode..Basket was opened on Monday and will be closed today on NY close..Settings here https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...35#post9832535 ..Has been a roller coaster week for the mentioned settings ..Basket went as high as +3000pips during the week after a -1000pips drawdown and declined from +3000pips to about -3900pips and to current pips -1254 as seen screenshot .This is not quite a big deal in my opinion because last week alone the same settings made about 9667 pips here https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...56#post9835856...
It would be interesting to look at how using various trade levels affect this. For example, for trade level 5 to 10, you should have some pairs repeating in each trade level. This is essentially doubling up, tripling up, etc. I know it won't work exactly like that as it takes in to account the opposing currency to create a pair, but it should be similar.

This probably has a lot to do with the wild swings as well when you have 5 positions of some pairs and 1 of others. I think your approach has the best chance though simply due to probabilities.

Curious how opposing buys and sells will work for US traders.

claudia1 May 12, 2017 2:38pm | Post# 4719

From Investopedia - worth a quick read:

What is a 'Basket Trade'
A basket trade is an order to buy or sell a group of securities simultaneously. Basket trading is essential for institutional investors and investment funds who wish to hold a large number of securities in certain proportions. As cash moves in and out of the fund, large baskets of securities must be bought or sold simultaneously, so that price movements for each security do not alter the portfolio allocation. In order for a trade to be considered a "basket trade," it must typically involve the sale or purchase of 15 or more securities.

BREAKING DOWN 'Basket Trade'
For example, an index fund aims to track its target index by holding most or all the securities of the index. As new cash comes in that could increase the value of the fund, management must simultaneously buy a large number of securities in the proportion they are present in the index. If it were not possible to execute a basket trade on all of these securities, then the quick price movements of the securities would prevent the index fund from holding the securities in the correct proportions.

nihilist23uk May 12, 2017 3:38pm | Post# 4720

1 Attachment(s)
finished up this week,trading every session using t/f 100pips target - 200pip stop loss indicator weekly-10080
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 299 KB

© Forex Factory