Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   CCFp weekly signals (set and forget basket trading) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=635569)

divakarraju May 8, 2017 5:55am | Post# 4321

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Nice! Afaik True/True seems to be the worst performing settings all the 4 configurations. Looking forward to your update on the basket later on.
here you go
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.JPG
Size: 152 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture11.JPG
Size: 113 KB

johnsmith2nd May 8, 2017 5:56am | Post# 4322

{quote} Dont worry too much. Its reasonable to say after the high impact volatility of the French elections, that we probably shouldn't have been trading today anyways... Pick you battles!
Exacta mon! My intention was to see how my Monday-Fri open baskets will differ from my Tuesday-Fri baskets, with potential volatile news on the Mon.
Will this be a draw-down and can I see my pips reverse, or should I have abstained completely from trading? These sort of conditions I will explore, to get an idea of the functionality. Realistically I wouldn't trade given the volatile currency strengths, but this isn't realistic, it's a demo..

nangkring May 8, 2017 5:58am | Post# 4323

Morning all, so far all red pips, but very early days! 3 Weekly (10080) baskets open. TF - Level 2 TF - Level 4 TF - Level 6 and one daily (1440) TF - Level 2 No stops and no TP. I've set profit lock at 200 pips, 50% Let's see how news will affect these signals, and it looks like from previous posts there's been some last minute signal changes... I'm wondering if my signals are not matching with others? {image}
I think it just short movement.

bleeze May 8, 2017 6:00am | Post# 4324

3 Attachment(s)
i sold the EUR basket, sold the JPY cross and Bought the NZD.......
an offline chart for confirmation would be nice....this would boost confidence to take trades also
Click to Enlarge

Name: eur.PNG
Size: 39 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: jpy.PNG
Size: 43 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: nzd.PNG
Size: 47 KB

Scrambleguy May 8, 2017 6:15am | Post# 4325

{quote} Dont worry too much. Its reasonable to say after the high impact volatility of the French elections, that we probably shouldn't have been trading today anyways... Pick you battles!
Gotcha i think i will limit trading days for tues - thurs with this system as a trial. I do like Claudia's take on it, 40 pip daily tp

Mlessandro May 8, 2017 6:21am | Post# 4326

i sold the EUR basket, sold the JPY cross and Bought the NZD....... an offline chart for confirmation would be nice....this would boost confidence to take trades also {image} {image} {image}
Bleeze

How do you get these chart? It's very interesting

stevefx67 May 8, 2017 7:38am | Post# 4327

Hello everyone. I started following this thread some time ago as I like the idea of buying strenght and selling weakness. I started reading the thread from the beginning agian at the weekend as it has grown so much and to be honest as I was not following it everyday I lost my way and missed a lot of the information that has been added to the thread over time. Last night I watched the signals and could not get the ea started. Discovered this morning a simple mistake I was making was that when I was entering the time I wanted the ea to start I was entering a . instead of a : what a fool. Anyway I was thinking back several years when I first became interested in the forex market and remebered one the first rules I read about not entering the market on Sunday night or Monday morning as the market is feeling its feet as it were and many times due to gaps ect will reverse from trend into a pullback. Also not to trade Friday past uk midday as positions being closed in advance of the weekend market closure. So this morning I thought I would go with the signals of 10080 time frame on true false setting level 4 trades which I have no doubt are valid but felt I would be stopped out by stop loss due to it being Monday. Of course I was stopped out. I am now waiting to re enter the market when the Monday reversal is over to try and catch the continuation of the trend and the signals that were given this morning. I know this does not help the set and forget original thoughts of forex pinbar but for someone who hates draw down this may be my way forward of using the signals to day trade or indeed get in to the weekly trade with minimum draw down. Just my thoughts.
Thanks to all that have worked so hard on the ideas on this thread. Good stuff.

nihilist23uk May 8, 2017 8:26am | Post# 4328

My first test of the EA,
I decided to wait a bit today because of elections so set ea to open at 9:00GMT so 10:UK TIME ( 2HRS AFTER LONDON OPEN) still in trades at the moment but running at -100 pips ,lets see if it helped with a few hours delay...
true-false level 2.

Big thanks to forexpinbar and xmess7 and others for your hard work...Hope I can contribute a bit buy posting results.

alexforex541 May 8, 2017 8:30am | Post# 4329

{quote} Mr Forexpinbar is the originator of the idea as well as this thread .
Hi Xmess7
Thank you for your wonderfull work on this tread and EA
I start testing the system on (demo) from last week
Can you be so kind and considering to ad to the EA

- CLOSE individual trades on opposite signal

- MM on account %

if is it not too much to ask
All the best
Alex

Jhlewis10 May 8, 2017 8:56am | Post# 4330

{quote} Hi Xmess7 Thank you for your wonderfull work on this tread and EA I start testing the system on (demo) from last week Can you be so kind and considering to ad to the EA - CLOSE individual trades on opposite signal - MM on account % if is it not too much to ask All the best Alex
Read the rules:

3. There's no free lunch here, go and do your homework, STUDYING about the CCFP strategy. This EA is meant as a helping hand but cannot substitute in any way trader's knowledge. Any questions referring to xmess7 EA please direct message him so as not to clutter up the thread.

claudia1 May 8, 2017 10:07am | Post# 4331

{quote} Read the rules: 3. There's no free lunch here, go and do your homework, STUDYING about the CCFP strategy. This EA is meant as a helping hand but cannot substitute in any way trader's knowledge. Any questions referring to xmess7 EA please direct message him so as not to clutter up the thread.
lol couldn't agree more. But this is FF and if you post a simple system/strategy that works then everyone wants to change it. Best thing xmess can do is post the source code and let them get on with it.

ckyon1 May 8, 2017 10:27am | Post# 4332

{quote} lol couldn't agree more. But this is FF and if you post a simple system/strategy that works then everyone wants to change it. Best thing xmess can do is post the source code and let them get on with it.
Exactly. I've seen countless threads getting abandoned because more and more people started requesting to add this filter, add that indicator bla bla etc etc. Why can't they just stick to what is given and practice until perfected.

v2vboni May 8, 2017 10:33am | Post# 4333

1 Attachment(s)
Not bad for start... Going green all the way, I hope so!
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 35 KB

Husky77 May 8, 2017 10:36am | Post# 4334

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi Xmess7 Thank you for your wonderfull work on this tread and EA I start testing the system on (demo) from last week Can you be so kind and considering to ad to the EA - CLOSE individual trades on opposite signal - MM on account % if is it not too much to ask All the best Alex
you CANT wait to close a trade at opposite ,think again cos big TF are used in calculations.until W1 signal change for you to have opposite you can be in big DD for some bad trades.and MM i think if i'm not blind i saw it in trade manager EA and is really nice with % sl/tp and even individual trades sl/tp and some kind of jump lock profit,really enough for a very decent MM plan anyone can have.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_1.jpg
Size: 104 KB

alexforex541 May 8, 2017 10:44am | Post# 4335

{quote} you CANT wait to close a trade at opposite ,think again cos big TF are used in calculations.until W1 signal change for you to have opposite you can be in big DD for some bad trades.and MM i think if i'm not blind i saw it in trade manager EA and is really nice with % sl/tp and even individual trades sl/tp and some kind of jump lock profit,really enough for a very decent MM plan anyone can have. {image}
Got it thanks

Jhlewis10 May 8, 2017 10:44am | Post# 4336

1 Attachment(s)
Manually closed at 5% as I have other things to attend to at work and can not monitor it.
Name:  2017-05-08_1043.png
Views: 1596
Size:  14 KB

olisavictor May 8, 2017 11:00am | Post# 4337

I have noticed one thing peculiar with Monday trading, every monday there is a deep correction or reversal. The DD of my weekly basket was over -700pips, now it has reduced to -300pips now i will have to change my entry time for monday trading from 8am GMT to between 10 & 11 am GMT. This will greatly reduce the DD.

agagukalex May 8, 2017 11:08am | Post# 4338

I have noticed one thing peculiar with Monday trading, every monday there is a deep correction or reversal. The DD of my weekly basket was over -700pips, now it has reduced to -300pips now i will have to change my entry time for monday trading from 8am GMT to between 10 & 11 am GMT. This will greatly reduce the DD.
yES , SINCE 6 OR 7 WEEKS I ALSO OBSERVED THAT ON MONDAYS TOO , I EVEN THINK ABOUT OPENING MY BASKETS ON 00:00 MONDAY NIGHT !!
JUST SAYING ...

alesridl May 8, 2017 11:10am | Post# 4339

{quote} yES , SINCE 6 OR 7 WEEKS I ALSO OBSERVED THAT ON MONDAYS TOO , I EVEN THINK ABOUT OPENING MY BASKETS ON 00:00 MONDAY NIGHT !! JUST SAYING ...
or on Tuesday....

gotpips1 May 8, 2017 12:03pm | Post# 4340

2 Attachment(s)
Hello All this is looking good but I cant seen to get it to take trades.
I followed the guide and setup exactly as it said.
Please help
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 103 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 103 KB

© Forex Factory