Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   CCFp weekly signals (set and forget basket trading) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=635569)

jenbols May 7, 2017 6:43pm | Post# 4301

Can someone more knowledgeable please advise why the Bar end time is different between Single time frame and Multi using the same settings? This is from a P'Stone Demo account, yet to check the live account. Live account also different. Thanks {image} {image}
In Ccfp-diff (Single Tf) V2.0 / The Bar End cannot be changed and it displays according to the Tf you have chosen
In Ccfp-diff (Mtf) v2.0 it is a Multi TF and the Bar End can be selected as there are different Tfs
You can have the same Bar End counting and you can change it on the Mtf Version_
According to Ferrux Instructions given in the whole Thread of "Relative strength" more than 2 years ago
the Bar End does not have any influence on the calculations and it is only a display_
Also the Tfs can be chosen in no particular order ... _

freedom48 May 7, 2017 7:08pm | Post# 4302

maybe maybe maybe? the whole system is designed and tested here on daily , weekly monthly signals and trade methods....what would be happen if I try all this on hourly time frames and current true , adjusted lower TP SL levels, and so have a possibity to re-open closed baskets several times on daily course...hmm not so complicated to adjust the idea, maybe I will test this out later on on a different account.....wish all a nice profitable week....

yanerfei May 7, 2017 7:23pm | Post# 4303

Here is a very basic quick start guide for anyone that has just joined, and is confused by Post 1 and Post 2. I believe it not clear in those posts which is an Indicator and which is an EA and which is something else. Only 1 chart is required to actually start trading; it will have only 1 indicator and only 1 EA From there you can open more charts to watch the price action, run Trade Report, whatever you need to do Remember, it is a Weekly method, you are responsible for any changes you make, read the thread. My FAQ will be published next. ...

thanks ur guide very clear

PayItForward May 7, 2017 7:34pm | Post# 4304

{quote} In Ccfp-diff (Single Tf) V2.0 / The Bar End cannot be changed and it displays according to the Tf you have chosen In Ccfp-diff (Mtf) v2.0 it is a Multi TF and the Bar End can be selected as there are different Tfs You can have the same Bar End counting and you can change it on the Mtf Version_ According to Ferrux Instructions given in the whole Thread of "Relative strength" more than 2 years ago the Bar End does not have any influence on the calculations and it is only a display_ Also the Tfs can be chosen in no particular order ... _
Thankyou
FerruFX says in Post 1,079 that "the timer is for the TF watched by the indicator" so if the timer ends sooner then the output is calculated sooner.
Will write to FerruFX so as not to distract this thread.
Thanks again.

shg May 7, 2017 7:45pm | Post# 4305

Here is a very basic quick start guide for anyone that has just joined, and is confused by Post 1 and Post 2. I believe it not clear in those posts which is an Indicator and which is an EA and which is something else. Only 1 chart is required to actually start trading; it will have only 1 indicator and only 1 EA From there you can open more charts to watch the price action, run Trade Report, whatever you need to do Remember, it is a Weekly method, you are responsible for any changes you make, read the thread. My FAQ will be published next. ...
Excellent and thank you for your effort and help...

best regards

jenbols May 7, 2017 8:23pm | Post# 4306

{quote} Thankyou FerruFX says in Post 1,079 that "the timer is for the TF watched by the indicator" so if the timer ends sooner then the output is calculated sooner. Will write to FerruFX so as not to distract this thread. Thanks again.
No Problem .... I am a Ferrux fan so have saved all the links where he had explained "Ccfp-diff" ...
I did ask the same question in the past and i was redirected to these same links ... hope that could be helpful
Cheers J.

It's very important to set the Timer_Timeframe ... as your need !!! No restriction. You can even set a TF which you don't have set to trade.
In others words, set it as you want! It has nothing to do with the calculation. Just a bar end alert.
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...73#post2296973

No, the Timer just give you the time left to the end of the bar you set in Timer_Timeframe.
The suggestions taken from the 4 TFs selected are completely separate from the Timer. Timer is just here to help visualise when a given bar will end.
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...06#post2297006

The timer doesn't give any signal for Buy/Sell. It is just a timer to tell you that the bar end. That's all.
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...75#post2297075

As stated in an earlier post, the timer is for the TF watched by the indicator, not the one where it is attached.
If you set in the inputs Timeframe = 60, even on a H4 chart the timer will alert each H1 bar because the indicator watch and display the results for a H1 chart.
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...62#post2281362

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=8640843

PayItForward May 7, 2017 10:01pm | Post# 4307

1 Attachment(s)
Would it be reasonable to determine that if a Pair and the Direction appeared in both False and True outputs then the probability of success would be greater?
Click to Enlarge

Name: False_True.png
Size: 95 KB

Erebus May 8, 2017 12:36am | Post# 4308

1 Attachment(s)
Interesting that signals are still changing as we approach morning in Europe

GBPCAD popped up as a SELL ? it's in a huge uptrend

Name:  2017-05-08_14-31-58.png
Views: 1906
Size:  77 KB

Lhd May 8, 2017 1:00am | Post# 4309

Interesting that signals are still changing as we approach morning in Europe GBPCAD popped up as a SELL ? it's in a huge uptrend {image}
I shoot for 5% at 00:00, FF lvl9, hit TP after 1 hour, GBPCAD buy is the biggest loser.

PayItForward May 8, 2017 1:19am | Post# 4310

2 Attachment(s)
Interesting that signals are still changing as we approach morning in Europe GBPCAD popped up as a SELL ? it's in a huge uptrend {image}
I am assuming that you are using TT, using FF it still shows Uptrend as you said, however the Sell maybe because using True/Current it has fallen to it's Support and now will turn for Buy again within the Channel? Is your opinion this is the right path?
Thanks
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPCAD_FF-Buy_TF-Sell.png
Size: 27 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPCAD_Chart.png
Size: 28 KB

Erebus May 8, 2017 2:19am | Post# 4311

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} I am assuming that you are using TT, using FF it still shows Uptrend as you said, however the Sell maybe because using True/Current it has fallen to it's Support and now will turn for Buy again within the Channel? Is your opinion this is the right path? Thanks {image} {image}
Using True / False as that seemed to be the consensus of the majority of the testing result I have read

Anyway, it's back to 12 positions as we get very close

Will open smack on London Open and see, if any of my analysis says it's going down, there is a little " x " to click on to get rid of doubtful trades

Good luck to all.........

Click to Enlarge

Name: 2017-05-08_16-15-12.png
Size: 63 KB

shg May 8, 2017 3:13am | Post# 4312

1 Attachment(s)
I was waiting for london to settle...i didnt open the trade yet but the pairs been changed now...

As per rules when london open we have to open the trade but i am still waiting...

Click to Enlarge

Name: eurusd-m1-axicorp-financial-services.png
Size: 28 KB

W4rri8r May 8, 2017 4:36am | Post# 4313

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All..new here and testing the strategy in demo account. Im in Australia and did the timezone suggested changes but noticed got different setup.

I have also read that in live account you get different closing bars, Im in the right track or missing something?
If you can point me right direction will appreciate it.
Click to Enlarge

Name: ll.PNG
Size: 56 KB

Forexpinbar May 8, 2017 4:42am | Post# 4314

1 Attachment(s)
#FOOD FOR THOUGHT...Wishing us all a GREEN week.
Name:  VANTHARP.jpg
Views: 1922
Size:  101 KB

divakarraju May 8, 2017 4:46am | Post# 4315

1 Attachment(s)
Trades going good
settings true true
Click to Enlarge

Name: IMG_4960.PNG
Size: 165 KB

johnsmith2nd May 8, 2017 5:02am | Post# 4316

1 Attachment(s)
Morning all, so far all red pips, but very early days!
3 Weekly (10080) baskets open.

TF - Level 2
TF - Level 4
TF - Level 6

and one daily (1440)

TF - Level 2

No stops and no TP. I've set profit lock at 200 pips, 50%

Let's see how news will affect these signals, and it looks like from previous posts there's been some last minute signal changes...
I'm wondering if my signals are not matching with others?
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 96 KB

ckyon1 May 8, 2017 5:11am | Post# 4317

Trades going good settings true true {image}
Nice! Afaik True/True seems to be the worst performing settings all the 4 configurations. Looking forward to your update on the basket later on.

Scrambleguy May 8, 2017 5:32am | Post# 4318

1 Attachment(s)
My first go has ended with a loss
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDM1.png
Size: 75 KB

firewight May 8, 2017 5:44am | Post# 4319

My first go has ended with a loss {image}
Dont worry too much. Its reasonable to say after the high impact volatility of the French elections, that we probably shouldn't have been trading today anyways...

Pick you battles!

Erebus May 8, 2017 5:51am | Post# 4320

Hi All..new here and testing the strategy in demo account. Im in Australia and did the timezone suggested changes but noticed got different setup. I have also read that in live account you get different closing bars, Im in the right track or missing something? If you can point me right direction will appreciate it. {image}
EA settings look okay; did the trades open okay?

Are you Spanish or what broker is that?

The trade signals were fluctuating right up to and beyond London open, some have 8 trades, some have 12 trades.

What do you mean by "different closing bars" ???? different time ? different price ?

© Forex Factory