Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   CCFp weekly signals (set and forget basket trading) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=635569)

xmess7 May 5, 2017 11:35am | Post# 4141

{quote} The set file on Xmess's server has the open time at 11:00 GMT, that is my guess of why.
Yep that is my preference. Time is based on my observations..

scali May 5, 2017 11:37am | Post# 4142

Can someone tell me how to set up this system? I wanna try it but i read too much and im a bit confused. Where is the last updated files? Thanks
http://xm7.info/ea/ccfp_weekly/

xmess7 May 5, 2017 11:38am | Post# 4143

{quote} hi xmess7, So far... which TFs is ideal for Trade level 7? {image} kindest regards, v2v

Good question, don't know. I have only used the original rules on pg1 to trade once a week.
I won't get into analyzing data until I am done with the EA. Perhaps then I may consider testing the MTF... maybe..

divakarraju May 5, 2017 11:44am | Post# 4144

Hi
i went through this tread completely and it really good! I want to know what settings is good to use and have a huge confussion on setting the time. What would be your ideal settings to use

Netgold777 May 5, 2017 11:44am | Post# 4145

{quote} Can I see this issue on a demo account or is it exclusive to a live account? This bother's me. There is a solution but I can't find it until I get to see the error myself. Like I said we could do a desktop share I would take me no time to find the solution. Or if the demo account shows the same error that would also do it for me.
Hi Xmess. It is fine on my Live account Bro. No prefix or suffix. The problem is on my demo account with ADS Securities in London. They have several types of account. I am using their Spread Betting account and the pairs in that have a suffix of .SB

It did however work fine up until version v37

I want to have a good look into it at the weekend if possible and try and get the ADS Demo account onto v37.7.2 It is currently back on v37.5

Will update you with progress bro when I get my one remaining Brain Cell back on line ))

xmess7 May 5, 2017 11:45am | Post# 4146

Same situation here I think. My broker uses no suffix for the main pairs, but uses a v suffix for the remaining pairs. My basket opened last night but only trading the non suffix pairs. If I load the EA on the suffix pair chart, then it will not trade the non suffix pair right? Is there a way to get both? Only way I can think of is to run two instances of the EA and filter out the pairs. Hopefully there's a cleaner solution to be found. Fortunately, its a good thing I am limited, since my demo basket that runs all pairs is down 500 pips right now...
I was just on desktop share with montego. I was able to see the problem clearly.
Have u tried 37.4? That sort of helps

The update will contain the fix I plan to implement.

This issue is the broker and how they are not consistent in the way they handle the suffix and non suffix pairs.

In montego's case he can only open the indicator on a chart with a symbol that has no suffix. Cause those are the only ones with DATA. Yet when he trades manually the symbol is changed to that of one with a suffix. But he can't run the indicator on a chart with a symbol that has a suffix (no data).
37.4 kinda fixes that in that it looks at aLL the broker's pairs and goes and grabs the one that has a suffix. Even it there is one with no suffix it will grab the one with the suffix. This sort of helps but in the end what if is the other way? Then you get screwed.

The more recent EAs are faster in that they don't go an look at the list the broker has. What the EAs do is look at the symbol chart and extract the suffix from there.

Ok so that is fine as LONG as you place the indicator and EA on a chart that has the symbol that is valid for your account and it has the correct suffix. Right?
But NOOOOO the brokers have to do their mis and match and all that stuff. So you get screwed again LOL.

Anyhow after some testing on montego's account I think I found a way to detect the correct suffix ... so expect this for the next update.

This is the LAST major item. The rest are not that complicated.

xmess7 May 5, 2017 11:49am | Post# 4147

{quote} Hi Xmess. It is fine on my Live account Bro. No prefix or suffix. The problem is on my demo account with ADS Securities in London. They have several types of account. I am using their Spread Betting account and the pairs in that have a suffix of .SB It did however work fine up until version v37 I want to have a good look into it at the weekend if possible and try and get the ADS Demo account onto v37.7.2 It is currently back on v37.5 Will update you with progress bro when I get my one remaining Brain Cell back on line ))
Bro you have the same issue as montego. I'll have v37.8 out so that next week we can test and see.

We'll get this fixed... it;s a broker thing... tis all.

Beamen May 5, 2017 12:16pm | Post# 4148

Thanks mate, really appreciated!

Netgold777 May 5, 2017 12:19pm | Post# 4149

{quote} Bro you have the same issue as montego. I'll have v37.8 out so that next week we can test and see. We'll get this fixed... it;s a broker thing... tis all.
Cheers Bro You are Bloomin MarvelMoose as always

I'll just keep dancin around in the spaces Bro

v2vboni May 5, 2017 12:22pm | Post# 4150

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Good question, don't know. I have only used the original rules on pg1 to trade once a week. I won't get into analyzing data until I am done with the EA. Perhaps then I may consider testing the MTF... maybe..

Thanks for the prompt response....

By the way, earlier.. I was thinking if CFFp indicator can have a feature wherein it can generate or show the top (minimum of 1 pair or maximum 3) correlated pairs of at least above 80% (if there are any) for each buy/sell signal pair. Then maybe, your EA can have an option to trade those (+/-) correlated pairs as well or it can be turn-off by default. Maybe with an option for negative or positive correlation only or both ( + & - )

Correlation rules: (from Mataf.net)
Attachment 2296854

Example:
At the moment... EURJPY correlated pair is XAUUSD (Gold) at around -80% negative correlation level (M15-M30-H1-H4) but on D1 currently at -71.7% and W1 is at -84.6%
Name:  Image2.png
Views: 1525
Size:  4 KB

bgntrs May 5, 2017 12:51pm | Post# 4151

{quote} TT based on my personal experience I noticed its a regular loser.But maybe its too early too say...In my personal opinion , the higher the Trade level the stronger the signal..All my results I posted this week are Trade levels 5 to 10 settings.
lovely! Looking forward to many more tests!

Namor May 5, 2017 12:56pm | Post# 4152

{image}{quote} firewight Please see below. I have attached indicator but no currency shown and EA not found indicator
I've got the same problem. I wrote to FerruFx the creator of this indicator and this is our interaction:

Hi FerruFx,
I want to use your indicator CCFp-Diff_[v2.0], but my broker uses suffix
_ecn and so the indicator does not display in my chart. Pleas can you help me?

Dear Namor,
Yes the problem is the 4 caracters suffix ... The indicator is coded to look at the 3 caracters after the pair name to find the suffix ...

Dear FerruFx,
Can you repair it in the 4 caracters suffix, or should I forget it?

FerruFx replied:
The problem is that it's a very old code. I developped it almost 10 years ago and any change now implies an adaptation of the entire code to suit the new programming language requirements ... Since MT4 build 600, the language is different and the new compiler can't compile old code ... unless after these adaptations. That would take a lot of time and I don't have currently the time ... Busy coding for my clients!

I hope it's now clear for you.

bazze May 5, 2017 12:56pm | Post# 4153

{quote} May I ask your Trade_Level input?
I use Trade_Level 2...

bazze May 5, 2017 12:57pm | Post# 4154

{quote} Boy!I love green here , there and everywhere.Who doesnt lol?Well done..

firewight May 5, 2017 1:02pm | Post# 4155

{quote} I've got the same problem. I wrote to FerruFx the creator of this indicator and this is our interaction: Hi FerruFx, I want to use your indicator CCFp-Diff_[v2.0], but my broker uses suffix _ecn and so the indicator does not display in my chart. Pleas can you help me? Dear Namor, Yes the problem is the 4 caracters suffix ... The indicator is coded to look at the 3 caracters after the pair name to find the suffix ... Dear FerruFx, Can you repair...
Well at least you have an answer now. I'd personally just find a broker who can handle this particular method, IF you want to actually trade it...

At least you can demo it on ICM etc and work it out first before making any decisions.

hovedguy May 5, 2017 1:39pm | Post# 4156

1 Attachment(s)
Hello friends

Could somebody pls clarify the operation to be performed by EA with the given parameters as shown in the pic?

<50 pips ---------Do nothing
+50 pips--------- Lock at profit 50*0,75, next locking target 60 pips
+60 pips--------- Lock at profit 60*0,75, next locking target 70 pips
+70 pips--------- Lock at profit 70*0,75, next locking target 80 pips
..and so on
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 73 KB

henri2500 May 5, 2017 2:18pm | Post# 4157

Hello friends Could somebody pls clarify the operation to be performed by EA with the given parameters as shown in the pic? <50 pips ---------Do nothing +50 pips--------- Lock at profit 50*0,75, next locking target 60 pips +60 pips--------- Lock at profit 60*0,75, next locking target 70 pips +70 pips--------- Lock at profit 70*0,75, next locking target 80 pips . . . ..and so on {image}
That is correct! However I would advise you to give the basket more room to 'breath'

olisavictor May 5, 2017 2:23pm | Post# 4158

1 Attachment(s)
this ea works, i have just tasted it for a few days and i have been recording great success. My daily basket for today hit my tp during the nfp release, this is my forth trade without any loss. My weekly basket is still running, i will leave it to close by its self before the market close for the week.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDmM1 5.5.17.png
Size: 38 KB

hovedguy May 5, 2017 2:35pm | Post# 4159

{quote} liruso: Not to worry my friend.. The last version is coming soon and all those previous version will basically be void. I have someone writing up a manual that explains inputs and etc. So there will be the final version and a reference manual. Plus there will also be a vanilla version. That is a version that mimics the pg1 rules. No baskets, no profit lock, no daily mode, just 5 simple inputs and you watching how the EA gets profit for ya automatically. lol.
Just wondering is it joke too

{quote} That is correct! However I would advise you to give the basket more room to 'breath'
Thanks henri, i will soon upload a screenshot with a real time case study.

olisavictor May 5, 2017 2:55pm | Post# 4160

1 Attachment(s)
This is my weekly basket.... just decided to close it manually.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDH1 weekly.png
Size: 44 KB

© Forex Factory