Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/71-trading-systems)
-   -   Multi Stoch - expanding upon 'Spud's Stochastic Thread Theory' (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/618040-multi-stoch-expanding-upon-spuds-stochastic-thread)

Ryder Dec 30, 2016 1:03pm | Post# 161

{quote} Hi hharrington, First of all, please don't take offense to this but by posting a different system and your last post you're violating Kirk's 1st rule which is mentioned in his first post: 1) Respect: This system has been designed over countless hours, as previously mentioned. The indicators that are utilised in the strategy do the job well enough to not require further tampering, and there is certainly no need to introduce new ones. Just like the old saying goes, Why fix it if it ain't broke? So please do not post additional indicators or...
For what it is worth, hh has been posting to FF for a long time ans has been trading live for a long time. I see no disrespect in his posts. Think you might be wise to listen to him.

kirkleaforex Dec 31, 2016 5:22am | Post# 162

{quote} For what it is worth, hh has been posting to FF for a long time ans has been trading live for a long time. I see no disrespect in his posts. Think you might be wise to listen to him.
As far as I am concerned, it doesn't matter whether somebody is a newbie here or has been a long-time high impact member...if you don't respect the thread rules, you get kicked.

hharrington may be a long-time and well-respected FF member, but posting his own method AND questioning the integrity of the strategy that I am presenting offers nothing of any positive impact.

Not only this, it had the additional negative impact of other members posting their requests for his indicator and template files. This only serves to distract from my one of main objectives which have been clearly outlined at the start of the thread, i.e. I am trying to get across the need for consistent focus on a single strategy, as we should all know that jumping from system to system and indicator to indicator offers absolutely no hope to anyone becoming profitable.

As the thread OP I have already made it perfectly clear what I will and will not tolerate here. I don't care if my ignore list grows to 50 people; the integrity of the thread and its' direction is of paramount importance and any unwanted distractions will be weeded out as soon as possible.

I don't like being the "thread Nazi", but I feel it is necessary to keep this thread on track.

All that aside, I look forward to getting back on track myself from January 3rd. In the meantime, I wish you all a wonderful New Years' celebration and let's all make plenty of green pips in 2017.

Peace

Ryder Dec 31, 2016 8:15am | Post# 163

{quote} As far as I am concerned, it doesn't matter whether somebody is a newbie here or has been a long-time high impact member...if you don't respect the thread rules, you get kicked. hharrington may be a long-time and well-respected FF member, but posting his own method AND questioning the integrity of the strategy that I am presenting offers nothing of any positive impact. Not only this, it had the additional negative impact of other members posting their requests for his indicator and template files. This only serves to distract from my one...
If you are afraid of having the "integrity of the strategy that I am presenting" questioned, you are in big trouble as a trader. Soliciting questions and comments on the strategy should be the major purpose of a thread. No need to respond -- I will not be back.

KalC Dec 31, 2016 8:59am | Post# 164

{quote} If you are afraid of having the "integrity of the strategy that I am presenting" questioned, you are in big trouble as a trader. Soliciting questions and comments on the strategy should be the major purpose of a thread. No need to respond -- I will not be back.
That's not the case at all here come on man, Kirk already said to quote post #1:

"Having said all that however, if you honestly feel that there is a "bug" in the system somewhere, I am open to you sending me a PM and I will investigate. If I deem your suggestion will enhance the indicator or strategy in some way, I will work on it and post an update."

The thread cannot become a mish mash of everyone's input where the original strategy posted is a completely different one by page 500 like I see happen in so many threads here.

It's just a matter of keeping the thread clean and following direction, shoot Kirk a PM if you feel you can add something of substance I'm sure he will look in to it.

DreamwalkeR Dec 31, 2016 9:28am | Post# 165

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." - Plato.

kelvinyun Jan 5, 2017 10:21pm | Post# 166

The reason i like this system is because of its simplicity.

Having tons of indicators would not increase the efficiency.

The result is just simple as well - Profit, or Loss.

any updates on your development kirk?

DreamwalkeR Jan 9, 2017 8:45am | Post# 167

2 Attachment(s)
To break the silence in here until further updates from Kirk, and to encourage interested subscribers in testing the strategy with the available temporary indicators & template, I'm attaching an immediate before and after screenshots of an entry.

Instrument: XAUUSD
Time frames from left to right: M5 - M15 - M30
Entry: Long on M5 in bias with M15 & M30
Profit: 91 pips = $91 for a 100 ounce Standard Lot, it's more than enough for me as I'm a high volume scalper.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_1.png
Size: 97 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_2.png
Size: 93 KB

mackem73 Jan 9, 2017 9:30am | Post# 168

To break the silence in here until further updates from Kirk, and to encourage interested subscribers in testing the strategy with the available temporary indicators & template, I'm attaching an immediate before and after screenshots of an entry. Instrument: XAUUSD Time frames from left to right: M5 - M15 - M30 Entry: Long on M5 in bias with M15 & M30 Profit: 91 pips = $91 for a 100 ounce Standard Lot, it's more than enough for me as I'm a high volume scalper. {image} {image}
Good on you, great job...

Shaun

decidence Jan 9, 2017 4:14pm | Post# 169

To break the silence in here until further updates from Kirk, and to encourage interested subscribers in testing the strategy with the available temporary indicators & template, I'm attaching an immediate before and after screenshots of an entry. Instrument: XAUUSD Time frames from left to right: M5 - M15 - M30 Entry: Long on M5 in bias with M15 & M30 Profit: 91 pips = $91 for a 100 ounce Standard Lot, it's more than enough for me as I'm a high volume scalper. {image} {image}
Thanks DreamwalkeR! One question, how did you get those vertical lines to show up in the Stochastic window, I can't seem to get them to appear.

DreamwalkeR Jan 9, 2017 5:13pm | Post# 170

{quote} Thanks DreamwalkeR! One question, how did you get those vertical lines to show up in the Stochastic window, I can't seem to get them to appear.
hey decidence, I've drawn them manually in reference to strategy's setups, note that I'm not marking the complete set of alerts as it supposed to be.

The idea is to fully comprehend the concept and be able to extract setups visually, because Later on when Kirk release the indicator with its alerts, it will do most of the work for you but instead of following it blindly you'll be able to verify the logic of each setup.

DreamwalkeR Jan 10, 2017 7:56am | Post# 171

1 Attachment(s)
Another quick fresh 89 pips made by shorting Gold on M5 with a directional bias of M30 & M15 all done in 10 minutes.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_3.png
Size: 99 KB

DirkH143 Jan 11, 2017 10:14am | Post# 172

1 Attachment(s)
Here a good trade this morning. 12 pips. Was late to the party.

D.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.jpeg
Size: 338 KB

felixthecat Jan 11, 2017 10:33am | Post# 173

Hi All

Its all gone very quiet, do you think this system is SO good the programmers run off with Kirk.

DreamwalkeR Jan 11, 2017 12:47pm | Post# 174

Here is what I think...we have a comprehensive strategy here which can be traded like any other strategy, the indicator Kirk's working on is only an addition of alerts. Also, I think that Kirk and the programmer are busy coding and testing to provide us with a flawless system.

Moreover, I think instead of running out of patience, it's better to start interacting with what we have in here, and last I think the awaited indicator will be worthless if we can't simply trade it without the alerts.

Ok enough thinking for one day!

DreamwalkeR Jan 11, 2017 12:54pm | Post# 175

Here a good trade this morning. 12 pips. Was late to the party. D. {image}
Not bad Dirk, me too sometimes I get in a bit late or earlier but experience plays a big role in trading. Keep it up

reteid2222 Jan 11, 2017 12:57pm | Post# 176

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All Its all gone very quiet, do you think this system is SO good the programmers run off with Kirk.
Programmers? Is there an EA for this strategy?
Name:  Screenshot1.png
Views: 1831
Size:  335 KB

DirkH143 Jan 11, 2017 3:46pm | Post# 177

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Not bad Dirk, me too sometimes I get in a bit late or earlier but experience plays a big role in trading. Keep it up
Thankx.

I am working on one template that shows all 3 settings.
So far it's ok but when you have 57 indicators on one template, the CPU has a little more to do than normal. Especially when you have 9 different currencies that you are watching.

Just see.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.jpeg
Size: 256 KB

Ygr Jan 11, 2017 4:45pm | Post# 178

{quote} Thankx. I am working on one template that shows all 3 settings. So far it's ok but when you have 57 indicators on one template, the CPU has a little more to do than normal. Especially when you have 9 different currencies that you are watching. Just see. Screenshot1.jpeg;2136114 {image}
Can you please upload?

DreamwalkeR Jan 11, 2017 9:43pm | Post# 179

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Thankx. I am working on one template that shows all 3 settings.
3 settings?! or do you mean to show 3 time frames on one template? because your screenshot is M5 and the middle indi window shows M15 and bottom window is M30.

Actually that is a great idea, but with Kirk's indicator it won't be possible because some formulas requires data from price, BB & MA. So in your example the future indicator will only show alerts for the M5, however still you'll be able to monitor the other 2 TFs without alerts. So it can be a good option.

Perhaps Kirk might consider adding an optional MTF setting into the code, as in the attached mtf stoch.
#MTF Stochastic v3.0.mq4

DirkH143 Jan 11, 2017 11:18pm | Post# 180

{quote} 3 settings?! or do you mean to show 3 time frames on one template? because your screenshot is M5 and the middle indi window shows M15 and bottom window is M30. Actually that is a great idea, but with Kirk's indicator it won't be possible because some formulas requires data from price, BB & MA. So in your example the future indicator will only show alerts for the M5, however still you'll be able to monitor the other 2 TFs without alerts. So it can be a good option. Perhaps Kirk might consider adding an optional MTF setting into the code,...
I have the 5min, 15 min and 30min timeframe on that template. The 5min though, I reduced to only the 14/3/3 because the rest is basically just a shoadow of that one. But, the 30 min in not right up to the point in displaying to the exact candle. I still have to wait and see if I can use this setup or return to the same one you have. CPU power is also an issue.

D.

© Forex Factory