Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   EA: SyFirst_Grid 2.06a - Source Code Available (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=616970)

Symphoenix Nov 22, 2016 11:48am | Post# 1

EA: SyFirst_Grid 2.06a - Source Code Available

1 Attachment(s)
Hi there,

I decided to publish an EA I spent 6 months coding.

It works on EUR/USD M15 with at least 100.01 currency units as the account balance.

Hoping somebody will improve it

SyFirst_Grid uses 6 indicators

1- Center Of Gravity
It allows the EA to perform a price action analysis on 3 different units of time (defined in the settings) in order to decide if market is trending/ranging.

2- BBflat
This indicator gives the EA an information on the current volatility as it seeks excessive behaviours to enter a trade.

3- ADX
The EA uses this one as a signal filter.

4- ATR
The purpose of integrating ATR in this EA is to allow adaptative behaviour according to market conditions. It impacts, for example, Trailing Levels and Grid Activation Levels.

5- Pivot Steam
The interpretation of this one is de-activated for now.

6- Iris Index (integrated in the EA)
This indicator processes M5 data and defines when there is an interesting activity based on price action.

The way it works

Computing all these data gives this EA the ability to screen dozens of different patterns in order to obtain an edge.
Once it spotted one of them, a countdown is set for a duration defined by the user in the settings. During this period, the EA waits for a spike in volatility before opening an order.
If the trade goes against us, a grid system is initialized to manage the recovery.

Backtests

I backtested SyFirst_Grid using TickStory and achieved a 99.90 % quality one. I prefer not to give you the results and let you discover the power behind it by yourself.
All I can say is that it's pretty impressive !

I wish you the best...

Symphoenix
SyFirst_Grid 2.06a.zip

Britishbry Nov 22, 2016 12:16pm | Post# 2

Downloaded.
What are your settings please?

Symphoenix Nov 22, 2016 12:18pm | Post# 3

@Britishbry
First post updated, sorry for that !
Defaults are good for this pair...

eghbaleh Nov 22, 2016 3:03pm | Post# 4

Thank you for share

Egosuma Nov 22, 2016 4:03pm | Post# 5

thanks !
Can you describe the way it is supposed to work, how it was tested, etc....
I think grids can be very interesting, but find risk management and scalability tricky. can you tell something on how you deal with those topics?

tillionaire Nov 22, 2016 4:42pm | Post# 6

thanks ! Can you describe the way it is supposed to work, how it was tested, etc.... I think grids can be very interesting, but find risk management and scalability tricky. can you tell something on how you deal with those topics?
Same here, plus what's the strategy behind it?

Symphoenix Nov 23, 2016 2:21am | Post# 7

First post updated

DifferTrader Nov 23, 2016 4:42am | Post# 8

Nice Work And Good Explanation... Subscribed

Looking For More Updates In Future...

Good Luck

Strom Nov 23, 2016 9:08am | Post# 9

Thank you for share your EA. I've got a problem. No trades - TF M15, default settings. Thank you in advance.

Symphoenix Nov 23, 2016 4:18pm | Post# 10

Thank you for share your EA. I've got a problem. No trades - TF M15, default settings. Thank you in advance.
Hi !

Did you put all the indicators provided in .../MQL4/Indicators ?

Do you have any error notification in the journal ?

bazze Nov 23, 2016 4:36pm | Post# 11

{quote} Hi ! Did you put all the indicators provided in .../MQL4/Indicators ? Do you have any error notification in the journal ?
Tried it since yesterday, no trade opened so far...Running it OOTB. All indis in their folder, no alerts/messages.

Symphoenix Nov 23, 2016 5:18pm | Post# 12

I forgot to mention that Account Balance must be at least 100.01 currency units.

Do you see some bars looping in the control panel, next to "POWER", at each tick ?

mayer Nov 23, 2016 11:55pm | Post# 13

Hi there, I decided to publish an EA I spent 6 months coding. It works on EUR/USD M15 with at least 100.01 currency units as the account balance. Hoping somebody will improve it SyFirst_Grid uses 6 indicators 1- Center Of Gravity It allows the EA to perform a price action analysis on 3 different units of time (defined in the settings) in order to decide if market is trending/ranging. 2- BBflat This indicator gives the EA an information on the current volatility as it seeks excessive behaviours to enter a trade. 3- ADX The EA uses this...
Thank you for share!
And if I put EA work in two currencies to at the same time, he will work at the same time?

Symphoenix Nov 24, 2016 12:58am | Post# 14

{quote} Thank you for share! And if I put EA work in two currencies to at the same time, he will work at the same time?
Sure !
The only thing you need to do is to change each Magic Number for the new pair because every orders must have a different ID...

sebytim Nov 24, 2016 1:08am | Post# 15

Thanks for your share.

I aded EA on eurusd 15 mts chart, on a 50k demo acct, but from yesterday evening till now there was no trade.
No errors, no notification in journal. also i have bars looping next to power.
am i doing something wrong ?

Symphoenix Nov 24, 2016 1:42am | Post# 16

Thanks for your share. I aded EA on eurusd 15 mts chart, on a 50k demo acct, but from yesterday evening till now there was no trade. No errors, no notification in journal. also i have bars looping next to power. am i doing something wrong ?
Hi !
After loading the EA, do you have a happy smiley or a sad one in the top right corner of your chart ?

sebytim Nov 24, 2016 1:55am | Post# 17

happy face.

sebytim Nov 24, 2016 1:56am | Post# 18

1 Attachment(s)
Attached is a screenshot.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 08.55.44.png
Size: 106 KB

Symphoenix Nov 24, 2016 2:17am | Post# 19

@sebytim
Everything seems OK.
Let's see what it will do today...

alperado Nov 24, 2016 2:25am | Post# 20

1 Attachment(s)
@Symphoenix

The blue box is empty after starting the EA.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 296 KB

© Forex Factory