Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   New Martingale EA (logic like Mathtrader EA) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=614739)

edge0xc Nov 12, 2016 5:05am | Post# 1

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Guys,

i was a bit disappointed, when Mathtraders EA (http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=598198) stopped working, so i tried to program the logic of that EA by myself. So far, i am pretty happy and maybe with your support we can improve/implement new things.

This EA is based on Martingale Strategy so i can happen, that you blow your account. Use with caution!

Cheers
Alex

Small description:
Inputs:

TakeProfit: Takeprofit in €. Closes Order when Profit is reached.

StopLoss: Closes all Orders when the Drawdown is bigger then this value.

Lots: Startlot of this EA.

Grid: Pointsdistance between Orders.

Gridmulti: If set to 1, the distance is always the same. For example = 2: first Gridvalue is 100, third order will be placed after 200 Points.

MartMulti: Same like GridMulti but for Lots.

useSMART: I used a method to squeeze the last points out of every Order. There is no disadvantage, so better use it.

MaxOrders: Number of MartingaleSteps.

EntryLogic:
-Bollinger: Places an Order when price touches the outer Bands
-MA Sells, when fastMA<slowMA and the other way around
-Candle: follows previous Candle
-Spearman: tries to follow the trend with the spearmancorrelation
-CCI/EMA: tries to follow the trend with CCI and EMA

distanceMA: minimum distance between the MAs to Sell/buy

The EA only opens new Orders on new Candles!

Edit: Uploaded a corrected version

MartingaleEAv3.5.ex4

kornrogers Nov 12, 2016 6:29am | Post# 2

Thanks for sharing Will try it...

kofix11 Nov 12, 2016 6:33am | Post# 3

Thanks, will try as well.
Does it matter on what timeframe and currency?

Tobib80 Nov 12, 2016 7:01am | Post# 4

Strom Nov 12, 2016 7:40am | Post# 5

I'll try on Monday Thank you!!!!!!!

jb747 Nov 12, 2016 8:03am | Post# 6

I'm pretty new at this. How do I apply this program? I downloaded it, and Windows asks what to use it with. Thanks for your help!

edge0xc Nov 12, 2016 8:22am | Post# 7

Hey,

i recommend to use it on 1H, but so far, i cannot tell you.

Cheers

DerBerliner Nov 12, 2016 9:10am | Post# 8

@edge0xc

But are you willing at some moment to share the code to have a look behind the scene for understanding the strategy ?
To understand me right, I'm not a coder (a friend of mine is) ..... but it's always a bit uncertain to use a black box ! Who knows, may be this bot will work pretty good - and more and more people start to use it successfully .... the developer/coder disappears (may happen !), metaquote will post a fu...ng update - the pretty good EA wont work now anymore bcz a littlle only detail dont work anymore with a new MT4 update (that happened already !) ... hmmm ... so all the users of that pretty good EA are sold down the river ! So, no offense my friend .......

rogelio11 Nov 12, 2016 6:42pm | Post# 9

hopefully get this work on more. so then this ea can be a minimum risk while using it

Piphoarder Nov 12, 2016 7:33pm | Post# 10

Hey, i recommend to use it on 1H, but so far, i cannot tell you. Cheers
Perfect sir.. thank you!!
Does it have expiration date?

bent78 Nov 12, 2016 11:31pm | Post# 11

thanks. im gonna try this tom. :-)

edge0xc Nov 13, 2016 3:22am | Post# 12

@edge0xc But are you willing at some moment to share the code to have a look behind the scene for understanding the strategy ? To understand me right, I'm not a coder (a friend of mine is) ..... but it's always a bit uncertain to use a black box ! Who knows, may be this bot will work pretty good - and more and more people start to use it successfully .... the developer/coder disappears (may happen !), metaquote will post a fu...ng update - the pretty good EA wont work now anymore bcz a littlle only detail dont work anymore with a new MT4 update...
Hey,

i can understand you, but i will not share to source atm. The EA still is not very much tested and with your help, i want to make it better. so please report me the bugs/wrong things and i will upload the corrected version.

Regarding the Entry Logic:
Bollinger Bands
MA Cross
Candle

i tried out some new strategies:
Spearmancorrelation
EMA8 Cross with CCI filter

Cheers

Cheers

poweromania Nov 13, 2016 4:59am | Post# 13

Hello Guys, i was a bit disappointed, when Mathtraders EA (http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=598198) stopped working, so i tried to program the logic of that EA by myself. So far, i am pretty happy and maybe with your support we can improve/implement new things. I will write some more details later, so just try it out (please on demo account). Cheers Alex {file}
I don't know if this will help but here is a interesting thread http://www.binaryoptionsedge.com/top...y-a-holygrail/ although is about binary options i think it can also work for forex with this martingale EA..

kofix11 Nov 13, 2016 5:11am | Post# 14

{quote} Hey, i can understand you, but i will not share to source atm. The EA still is not very much tested and with your help, i want to make it better. so please report me the bugs/wrong things and i will upload the corrected version. Regarding the Entry Logic: Bollinger Bands MA Cross Candle i tried out some new strategies: Spearmancorrelation EMA8 Cross with CCI filter Cheers Cheers
So far I have tested on many pairs (EMA2, CCI24 filter) is good on 1 and 5 min.
But the testing on "long or short only" failed. It has an error.

NorthStar Nov 13, 2016 5:12am | Post# 15

Hello, thanks for sharing your ea.
I tested in my mt4 tester and it opened only two martingale step on sell orders, like 0,02 and 0,02 lots size and no more steps even if market have rise 500 pips above the last sell order.
The buy orders works good 0,02 , 0,02 , 0,03 , 0,05 and 0,07 lots size.
Have you get the same problem?

NorthStar Nov 13, 2016 5:23am | Post# 16

I think you are in good way of this ea. but it most trade buy and sell at same time. Independent of each other.
If a sell order is opened it should trade buy order at same time, if it have right maket timing.

tillionaire Nov 13, 2016 10:51am | Post# 17

I'm pretty new at this. How do I apply this program? I downloaded it, and Windows asks what to use it with. Thanks for your help!
You can't open it as it's a MT4 program!

Place it in your "MetaTrader 4\MQL4\Experts" that you can open from File in MT4 then click Open Date Folder.
Then refresh your Navigator, go to experts and drag it to your chart and it will work!

Welcome

tillionaire Nov 13, 2016 10:52am | Post# 18

Hello Guys, i was a bit disappointed, when Mathtraders EA (http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=598198) stopped working, so i tried to program the logic of that EA by myself. So far, i am pretty happy and maybe with your support we can improve/implement new things. I will write some more details later, so just try it out (please on demo account). Cheers Alex {file}
Nice, what strategy is it based on?

edge0xc Nov 13, 2016 12:33pm | Post# 19

{quote} So far I have tested on many pairs (EMA2, CCI24 filter) is good on 1 and 5 min. But the testing on "long or short only" failed. It has an error.
i will upload a new version, where you set the EA to only BUY or SELL.

edge0xc Nov 13, 2016 12:34pm | Post# 20

{quote} Nice, what strategy is it based on?
please read the thread from mathtrader, it is very similar

© Forex Factory