Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/71-trading-systems)
-   -   'Snap Crackle Pip' System (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/61357-snap-crackle-pip-system)

Longboat Dec 27, 2007 11:16am | Post# 81

USD/JPY

This one is one to watch. My Tradestation EMA's just about to cross but not my mt4..hmmmm wonder why. TS has no Sunday candle either. Oh well one to watch.

Bdisiplined FYI just go to the left side under indicators, left click Moving Average hold and drop on your chart then just change the period to 18 or 45 and the color. make sure it says exponential not simple. Easy.

Ibuks Dec 27, 2007 2:29pm | Post# 82

USDJPY Triggered

Hi all,

USDJPY triggered @113.71 to short. Closed out the long position for a small profit to go short at the trigger.

Happy pips to all...

Bdisciplined Dec 27, 2007 4:53pm | Post# 83

Bdisciplined

This one is one to watch. My Tradestation EMA's just about to cross but not my mt4..hmmmm wonder why. TS has no Sunday candle either. Oh well one to watch.

Bdisiplined FYI just go to the left side under indicators, left click Moving Average hold and drop on your chart then just change the period to 18 or 45 and the color. make sure it says exponential not simple. Easy.

LONGBOAT,
Thanks for the help!!
bdis

slade15342 Dec 27, 2007 8:18pm | Post# 84

EURUSD blunder

I have to get this off my chest. I missed the last entry on the EURUSD. In fact, my last short position was not closed, AND I missed the buy signal. That means I had a trade that didn't get closed when it should, and a very nice position that should have been opened. What have I learned from this? That I must at all times keep a mobile trading device with me. I had a great holiday, but this was not fun to come home to. That being said, I hope everyone else got in on this.

I really am not angry at all, more happy that the system picked it up, presented a great trade for everyone, and made others smile. I'm also very pleased with the positive response from new people. Now if we could only get that USDJPY pair to continue south..

johnedoe Dec 27, 2007 9:27pm | Post# 85

I have to get this off my chest. I missed the last entry on the EURUSD. In fact, my last short position was not closed, AND I missed the buy signal. That means I had a trade that didn't get closed when it should, and a very nice position that should have been opened. What have I learned from this? That I must at all times keep a mobile trading device with me. I had a great holiday, but this was not fun to come home to. That being said, I hope everyone else got in on this.

I really am not angry at all, more happy that the system picked it up, presented a great trade for everyone, and made others smile. I'm also very pleased with the positive response from new people. Now if we could only get that USDJPY pair to continue south..
Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda,,,,,, what you need to get off your chest is the feeling that you have to be in every trade........Don't sweat the small stuff.....there will be plenty of trades to come that will more than make up for what you think you lost........

icpip Dec 27, 2007 10:09pm | Post# 86

1 Attachment(s)
Another great day at 1845.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1845_dec27.jpg
Size: 572 KB

Gmoney Dec 27, 2007 11:57pm | Post# 87

1 Attachment(s)
Another great day at 1845.
I still have no arrow. I wonder why can anyone assist. Im using Alpria on a demo account. http://www.forexfactory.com/images/icons/icon8.gif

Click to Enlarge

Name: 56ema-1.gif
Size: 23 KB

Gmoney

icpip Dec 28, 2007 12:34am | Post# 88

Gmoney

I have Alpari demo too. Look like it about to cross around 115.

Ibuks Dec 28, 2007 1:30am | Post# 89

Never Bother Buddy!!

Like my mentor used to say..."the market will always be there".... Opportunities will always abound in the market. More opportunities abound out there.

Thanks again for sharing the system....its really working cool for me.

On alpari, I use Alpari and there seem to be no problem from my end.

Happy pipping day!!!!

TEB63 Dec 28, 2007 6:47am | Post# 90

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: 3.gif
Size: 19 KB

This is very like one of the best known trading systems
10, 20,50 emas

I played with it a little I think your emas work better them 20 & 50
you are in & out better

But the 10ema seems to work well in this system as an exit

use the 18 & the 45 as river & trend
& the 10 as the trigger (2nd inns) & exit and a bird dog of a trend change

with good MM this should do well
esp. on the trending pairs like the Eur/Usd

TEB

slade15342 Dec 28, 2007 7:59am | Post# 91

Thanks for sharing

Attachment 74930

This is very like one of the best known trading systems
10, 20,50 emas

I played with it a little I think your emas work better them 20 & 50
you are in & out better

But the 10ema seems to work well in this system as an exit

use the 18 & the 45 as river & trend
& the 10 as the trigger (2nd inns) & exit and a bird dog of a trend change

with good MM this should do well
esp. on the trending pairs like the Eur/Usd

TEB
TEB,

Thanks for sharing your exit strategy, I know alot of people in this forum have been looking for some guidance in regards to this. By the looks of your chart it appears that you have programmed in an alert when the 10 crosses the 18 EMA (?) Or are the X's just where you closed trades and added them to the chart yourself?

Please continue to participate in this thread, I would love to have some more people who add their personal strategies to this system. All opinions are worthwhile, and I think you might have something here.

Cheers and good luck. Did anyone get in on the EURCHF at 5:00 GMT? I didn't. Guess I need to where an earpiece to bed for alerts!

popisdead Dec 28, 2007 1:48pm | Post# 92

great..

hi guys..

im really new at forex..

i managed to use your template..however my TF is M30.

and forward test on 5000USD demo account.

and now the account is 5234.61 in just 12 hours trading!!

7 trade with 2 losses and no floating since i put trailing SL at 20pips.

i believe this is a good sign..that the system is really working!!

i will forward test untill 100 trade so that i can workout the statistic!!

good job mate!!

Bdisciplined Dec 28, 2007 2:06pm | Post# 93

Bdisciplined

hi guys..

im really new at forex..

good job mate!!
I'm new too. I placed 3 trades this morning using this strategy and there all positive pips!! thank you slade and longboat for your help. I have to work on the exit strategy too. HAVE A HEALTHY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!!
BDISC

slade15342 Dec 28, 2007 4:34pm | Post# 94

Good to hear

1 Attachment(s)
hi guys..

im really new at forex..

good job mate!!
Pop,

Glad things are working out for you. Maybe in the future you can tell us how many pips you made, and not the dollar amount. Pips tell everyone how much money they could make based on the lot size they trade. And be careful of those stop losses. I think that is way too small for a system like this considering you are looking for long swings. I just don't want to see you get cut short on good trades. An example is the EURGBP spread right now which I am actively holding a long position that is up to +450 pips. If I would have used a stop loss of 20 pips with this position it would have closed out several times for minimal profit. I have attached a chart, and this is my personal prefence, so take my comments about stop-losses with a grain of salt and do what you may. I have been rather successful with no stop-losses, so I will continue to report on how this goes for me.

Cheers heading into the weekend.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 6.jpg
Size: 102 KB

Ceco-Ku4ev Dec 28, 2007 4:46pm | Post# 95

lol, i think that systems with indicators are doomed this one also. U never know how long could the range continue, and the blind following of EMAs, Stochs and so on will guide you to the state of psychic and financial crysys.

i hope i'm wrong

best wishes from Ceco

tourderob Dec 28, 2007 5:37pm | Post# 96

So what is you alternative wise one Ceco? What do you do?

Ceco-Ku4ev Dec 28, 2007 5:43pm | Post# 97

only price and time analysis.

Ibuks Dec 28, 2007 6:55pm | Post# 98

EA finally found

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

I found this EA for the system. It runs as per the rules. Just got it tonight and will start testing from Monday. I found it on this website: http://www.getforexsoftware.com/cate...pert-advisors/.

Pls download it along with the pdf file so that you can understand the settings.

You only need to change the moving averages as well as the mode (Simple=0, expenential=1) and the lot size.

Happy pipping...
simplefx.mq4

popisdead Dec 28, 2007 9:29pm | Post# 99

good job ibuks

Hi all,

I found this EA for the system. It runs as per the rules. Just got it tonight and will start testing from Monday. I found it on this website: http://www.getforexsoftware.com/cate...pert-advisors/.

Pls download it along with the pdf file so that you can understand the settings.

You only need to change the moving averages as well as the mode (Simple=0, expenential=1) and the lot size.

Happy pipping...
very nice of u ibuks,
will try this ea as well...
slade15342,
any comment on the ea ?

popisdead Dec 28, 2007 9:38pm | Post# 100

salute to slade..

Pop,

Glad things are working out for you. Maybe in the future you can tell us how many pips you made, and not the dollar amount. Pips tell everyone how much money they could make based on the lot size they trade. And be careful of those stop losses. I think that is way too small for a system like this considering you are looking for long swings. I just don't want to see you get cut short on good trades. An example is the EURGBP spread right now which I am actively holding a long position that is up to +450 pips. If I would have used a stop loss of 20 pips with this position it would have closed out several times for minimal profit. I have attached a chart, and this is my personal prefence, so take my comments about stop-losses with a grain of salt and do what you may. I have been rather successful with no stop-losses, so I will continue to report on how this goes for me.

Cheers heading into the weekend.
slade
thanks for sharing this promising system..
as a newbie..i cant ask for more..

yes..i will try to comment on pips rather than dollar amount

SL..any suggestion..because im using 30TF, and its a bit noisy signals all the way..anyway as time goes by..ill try bigger TF with bigger SL.

Wow..u r looking for 450pips..
cant wait to know the result..

again thanks slade..

© Forex Factory