Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/11-trading-discussion)
-   -   False Prophets (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/612779-false-prophets)

timos Oct 28, 2016 7:44pm | Post# 41

1 Attachment(s)
He is very stable with his one and only strategy thoughhh

Click to Enlarge

Name: 5b8f5da64df24dd9844a820d398cf689.png
Size: 139 KB

goldfinger Oct 28, 2016 10:01pm | Post# 42

Ghostbiker is SHE not HE

Temujin Oct 28, 2016 10:03pm | Post# 43

Have you ever seen a Fundamentals thread? I never have, all technical B.S. No CFTC weekly data, no correlations to the currencies with oil, gold, S&P. No central bank policy chat. No themes that the market is focusing on for the week. No thesis, all technical systems. That is partly why all these systems don't work. Because the authors have no comprehension of the market, no understanding of why it is moving in the direction it is moving.

JAKammus Oct 28, 2016 10:20pm | Post# 44

I respect your opinion but I don't think fundamental analysis is any less biased then technical analysis. It's all manipulated. I have a masters degree in finance with emphasis in investment, portfolio management and so on. I had to write several papers for work about risk management in several investments the company was undertaking. My conclusion: it's all rigged. The news you receive its late, it's deceiving, and can be manipulated. Enron is an example of how they manipulate their numbers. Increasing income by firing staff, and many others tricks. So how can you trust it? Even inflation and unemployment numbers are misleading. You probably know that a soon as the fed raises the interest rate the market goes to shit. They have been postponing this for years. I wonder if they are waiting to drop this in the next presidents term. They say inflation is stable.. Is it? Go check the prices of things and tell me if there is no inflation. All you have to do is change the basket of goods that are used to calculate inflation. So I honestly don't think fundamental analysis is any more trustworthy than technical. At the end is all gambling with an educated guess.
My humble opinion anyway.

mrhigurashi Oct 28, 2016 10:57pm | Post# 45

Go to one of these get rich quick holy grail threads and type something intelligently questioning the method and see how quick you get banned and attacked by the newbie trader noobs who will probably blow their accounts quicker then you can say "ohhh so that's why 95%+ people fail!"

JAKammus Oct 28, 2016 11:01pm | Post# 46

Go to one of these get rich quick holy grail threads and type something intelligently questioning the method and see how quick you get banned and attacked by the newbie trader noobs who will probably blow their accounts quicker then you can say "ohhh so that's why 95%+ people fail!"
that's funny lol. But deep inside you know you always wanted to get rich by watching some lines crossing or arrows flashing lol. We all do. That's why so appealing. I always give those systems a try. At the end of the day They might work. Who am I to say it won't? But it always disappoints me. Today I decided to open my own thread and share the trading strategy I've been using. It requires some work but gets the job done.

skyway Oct 28, 2016 11:24pm | Post# 47

Ghostbiker is SHE not HE
How'd you know ?

TerryTibbs Oct 29, 2016 12:09am | Post# 48

B
{quote} I don't care about ghostbiker either way, but nobody owes you anything. Maintaining all of these accounts takes time and effort, time which many of us do not have Frankly, if I DID have a system or a tool which was profitable (I don't), and some knuckle-dragger came into my thread asking ... nei, demanding some other proofs or fx book trail, etc, I would simply tell him to fuck off. If you don't feel like what I or ghostbiker or whoever is selling worth your time and money, then don't trade it/don't use it. It's a free internet and all...
Honestly, it's people like you who are the real problem. People like you are worse than the prophets themselves.

It is absolutely ludicrous to think that asking for some sort of proof over BOLD claims is somehow "overstepping" some line. Are you some sort of idiot? If you don't want to prove anything then don't go round boasting and making bold outlandish claims! If you have bold claims then back them up! Otherwise just go back to your corner and continue on with whatever you're doing.

"Oh look guys I just won a million dollars! Oh what's that? You wanna see the lottery ticket? You wanna see my lamborghini?.... oh umm oh yeah?! Well I dont need to prove anything to you! So neh!" - it's so Goddamn idiotic it's unbelievable. You don't want to prove anything? Then keep it to yourslef!

maxwell-eqtn Oct 29, 2016 12:12am | Post# 49

@Crackpot.
So how are you helping others trade a winning system here? Are you just gonna wave a piece of meat before a dog's nose and not let him have the meat. What is the need teasing members with your own winning rates here?

pipshaman Oct 29, 2016 12:45am | Post# 50

Namaste!!! With all respect guys I have never understood this atacks on the person but...nevetheless, there are False Prophets with false trading systems.

All the best guys and enjoy your weekend!

Mingary Oct 29, 2016 12:50am | Post# 51

Do you mean: "False prophets" with false profits are traders that are traitors ?

mrhigurashi Oct 29, 2016 2:29am | Post# 52

Idiots guide to create a popular thread on FF:

- Post a strategy, any strategy. I like the mention some where of the Cock Drop strategy. Make sure to give it a name like 90% win, or $10,000 weekly profit!
- Post some charts and rules.
- Trade on a Demo account.
- Never show that you trade on a demo and never post history or trading journal.
- Continuously post good results and tell everyone what a great day/week you had trading.
- Never use a SL.
- Show history from your MT4 that only shows the profit trades and no losses or the total balance. Maybe include a loss here or there just to make it seem all that more real.
- And finally, ban and remove any doubters.

Easy, anyone can do it.

fsm Oct 29, 2016 3:48am | Post# 53

B{quote} Honestly, it's people like you who are the real problem. People like you are worse than the prophets themselves. It is absolutely ludicrous to think that asking for some sort of proof over BOLD claims is somehow "overstepping" some line. Are you some sort of idiot? If you don't want to prove anything then don't go round boasting and making bold outlandish claims! If you have bold claims then back them up! Otherwise just go back to your corner and continue on with whatever you're doing. "Oh look guys I just won a million dollars! Oh what's...
Exactly!

Thank you for this thread Crackpot.

Halley Oct 29, 2016 5:25am | Post# 54

I do not mind there are gurus spreading their wisdom. I remember a saying - those who can, they do. Those who can't, they teach.

ScuFX Oct 29, 2016 6:56am | Post# 55

Idiots guide to create a popular thread on FF: - Post a strategy, any strategy. I like the mention some where of the Cock Drop strategy. Make sure to give it a name like 90% win, or $10,000 weekly profit! - Post some charts and rules. - Trade on a Demo account. - Never show that you trade on a demo and never post history or trading journal. - Continuously post good results and tell everyone what a great day/week you had trading. - Never use a SL. - Show history from your MT4 that only shows the profit trades and no losses or the total balance. Maybe...
Yes, and it makes no sense. The only outcome is that people with no or few experience follows them, wasting time and money.
Would you agree that the core thing in the trading business is risk management? Those prophets don't have a risk management...

But on the other hand... let the people follow them, it's just another way to get dumb money into the market

CrocodileRex Oct 29, 2016 8:06am | Post# 56

B{quote} Honestly, it's people like you who are the real problem. People like you are worse than the prophets themselves. It is absolutely ludicrous to think that asking for some sort of proof over BOLD claims is somehow "overstepping" some line. Are you some sort of idiot? If you don't want to prove anything then don't go round boasting and making bold outlandish claims! If you have bold claims then back them up! Otherwise just go back to your corner and continue on with whatever you're doing. "Oh look guys I just won a million dollars! Oh what's...
Thanks for saying that out loud.

I am a victim of scam and fraud myself. That is why i very much hated those who make bold claims and provide false hopes to others. They are actually committing a crime here in my opinion. They give others false hope. And hope, when destroyed, can lead to a very big disaster. Broken homes, broken families and the severe cases, it can be fatal.

So the next time you make some claims like you are generating 90% win rate, back it up. Let others criticize you if you have nothing to hide. Don't go around giving others false hopes.

Anyone trading long enough should have known of trade explorer here in FF and myfxbook account. Very easy to setup, very easy to prove your 90% win rate. But nope, i only see screenshots showing all the winning trades. Not even one screenshot of losing trades.

Seriously guys, if you want to be a guru and teach others, back it up or make the claim that you are just starting, trade at your own risk etc. Don't give others false hope.

skyway Oct 29, 2016 8:48am | Post# 57

{quote} Thanks for saying that out loud. I am a victim of scam and fraud myself. That is why i very much hated those who make bold claims and provide false hopes to others. They are actually committing a crime here in my opinion. They give others false hope. And hope, when destroyed, can lead to a very big disaster. Broken homes, broken families and the severe cases, it can be fatal. So the next time you make some claims like you are generating 90% win rate, back it up. Let others criticize you if you have nothing to hide. Don't go around giving...
Making preposterous claims that give others false hope is far more damaging than the typical scammer who sells useless indicators, EAs or signals. Those ego-maniacs are the worst scumsbags!

Davit Oct 29, 2016 9:18am | Post# 58

Have you ever seen a Fundamentals thread? I never have, all technical B.S. No CFTC weekly data, no correlations to the currencies with oil, gold, S&P. No central bank policy chat. No themes that the market is focusing on for the week. No thesis, all technical systems. That is partly why all these systems don't work. Because the authors have no comprehension of the market, no understanding of why it is moving in the direction it is moving.
Good post.I get attacked a lot for insisting people trading on my thread to focus on news and fundamentals in addition to technical aspect of trading.To me people who trade purely looking at the charts and are oblivious to market fundamentals are sketchy.
Takes both fundamentals and technical..For OP I have a disclosure on my thread.Refuse to work with newbies.I don't consider myself a guru and have no motives as far as ego boast or anything.I just shared some insights that helped me and my claims are modest.
regards

TerryTibbs Oct 29, 2016 2:28pm | Post# 59

@Crackpot. So how are you helping others trade a winning system here? Are you just gonna wave a piece of meat before a dog's nose and not let him have the meat. What is the need teasing members with your own winning rates here?
I hope you are being sarcastic....

cristol86 Oct 29, 2016 2:50pm | Post# 60

I personally do not trade Ghostbikers systems but I do read his threads along with many others. All his screen shots of his account are not only winning trades. There are some losses in there and I have read posts where he/she has spoken about those losses. Everyone does not have the mental strength to continue trading successfully after posting up a trade explorer.Posting a TE can be mentally distracting and increase performance anxiety for many traders, myself included. I have been trading forex for over 10 years and have 2 successful systems that I created that do good for me and have been contemplating sharing them on this forum but even thinking about adding a TE makes me feel stressed emotionally and that's something I have to get over and work on. If someone is taking pictures, real not fake pictures of their live or demo account and they are not trying to sell you anything, I think that should be enough. You can decide intelligently for yourselves whether or not you want to try their system and see if it will work for you. As long as no one is selling you anything or holding a gun to your head its wrong to call them a scam or unethical.

I can get a high winning rate with a system but another trader may not. Maybe that system is not for you or maybe there is something you need to learn or correct to get the same results. It doesn't matter, we are all different and different things will work for each of us. Dont bash or be angry with someone because they dont conform with your idea of posting correctness. Its their prerogative if they want to post a TEor not, they are not doing anything wrong by not doing so.try his system or don't try it. Who cares? I would advise we each focus on finding what works for us, hone it and stick to it. Consistency + good MM=Success.

JAKammus Oct 29, 2016 3:47pm | Post# 61

I personally do not trade Ghostbikers systems but I do read his threads along with many others. All his screen shots of his account are not only winning trades. There are some losses in there and I have read posts where he/she has spoken about those losses. Everyone does not have the mental strength to continue trading successfully after posting up a trade explorer.Posting a TE can be mentally distracting and increase performance anxiety for many traders, myself included. I have been trading forex for over 10 years and have 2 successful systems...
Well said. I personally don't care about the explorer or the fxbook because at the end of the day the strategy can behave completely different on the hands of another trader. What I do look for is the persons action. How well do they explain their strategy. Because think about it, if you are confident it works and you know your strategy in&outs why not share? If you decide not to share its ok, but if you do why not help others to understand it? GB doesn't explain shit. That is why is suspicious. You share your strategy online, but dont explain it properly.. what is the point on that? Are you trying to show off or what?

There was one time my father and I were talking about how everybody in US had a BMW and he said they were all posers and nothing more.
I asked how come and he said if they had money they would have a Porsche, Bentley, etc. As I grew up I noticed how easy was to get a BMW lease. No wonder the average american credit card debt is 15k dollars.
Years later we were driving passed by a Bentley and the guy didn't speed up to pass us again. So my dad said this guy had money. I asked how come? he said. He didn't speed up to pass us. He know he has nothing to prove.

The bottom-line is, if you have to tell people about your success is because you are not successful. Does Warren Buffet showed you his trades? his bank account? but you know who he is.. I came to find out throughout the years that a successful person is humble. If they were egocentric they would think they know it all and would have never open themselves to learn and truly master what they do.

Mr. Pips seems like a great guy. He shares what he knows for example. It may not make you millions, but if you get a piece of knowledge here and there you can increase your mastery.

So to me is very clear: GB is after followers. He doesn't care about his strategy one bit. He doesn't care if you understand or not, as long as you are still on the hook.

Roszey Oct 29, 2016 4:44pm | Post# 62

Are you gonna share the system,?

DowJames Oct 30, 2016 8:18am | Post# 63

I´am also banned from Gb threads, but doesn´t matter. All you need is to watch her trades on screenshots and compare it to her rules. After that you have to ask yourselves, if it makes sense to hold a trade for 17 days because at entry time candles show up/down and strength is weak/strong. And if you are stupid believe her and risk about 300pips to win 5....really clear guys! You never will get any track from her or her fans, that´s for sure!

bloodpoodle Oct 30, 2016 9:09am | Post# 64

Don't expect a "PROFIT or FALSE PROFIT" to hand you a winning system. It won't work.. Even if you find a winning system, it will be impossible for you to duplicate exactly.
The thing you must understand is trading is individual. Nobody's system will work for you, but your own. You can learn stuff from other systems, yes.. But you can never trade somebody else system and win constantly. Some traders can take deep draw downs, some can't. Some can trade daily.. others need to be on the 5min. Some want mostly winning trades... others can take 4 losses then a huge homerun.
Find out what type of trader you are... Find things you seem to connect to in the market.. Then plan on making your own system one day out of the things you have learned along the way.
I Also recommend looking at price behaviors at certain times of the day rather then trying to find a magical combo of indicators, or holy grail.
Its a long journey to get consistent, too many don't realize how long it takes.... Years and years in most cases. Good luck!

goldfinger Oct 30, 2016 12:15pm | Post# 65

crackpot- you got us all banned for posting in your thread man.

Temujin Oct 30, 2016 12:20pm | Post# 66

{quote} Good post.I get attacked a lot for insisting people trading on my thread to focus on news and fundamentals in addition to technical aspect of trading.To me people who trade purely looking at the charts and are oblivious to market fundamentals are sketchy. Takes both fundamentals and technical..For OP I have a disclosure on my thread.Refuse to work with newbies.I don't consider myself a guru and have no motives as far as ego boast or anything.I just shared some insights that helped me and my claims are modest. regards
Thanks. Yes, we are in the era of HFT, Black Box algos, microwave towers. The time of the Quant. What system addicts they don't get is that persistent themes create the medium term technicals. If you can know not only what the banks are doing but why then the technicals become easier and your odds of success are far greater. Takes a more comprehensive approach that they don't want to learn.

Crackpot Oct 30, 2016 1:05pm | Post# 67

crackpot- you got us all banned for posting in your thread man.
You can thank me later for doing a favor - maybe you waste less time there now and do something more useful.

corrman Oct 30, 2016 1:29pm | Post# 68

It'a all about the hype, if the hype threads weren't started often enuf, someone from the industry would start them, draw them in, they need the liquidity. I have a thread, I've posted modest gains, and I mention that I'm either BE or down a bit but improving. 2 weeks here, only one like, very few care about the hard work and hours of soul searching and self-analysis and journaling and very small incremental gains and frequent setbacks and the rest of the stuff, oh, yea, and the years.... This stuff doesn't sell, and isn't hype, but I'm a heck of a lot better than last month, last year, last 5 years, but not much better than last week, who wants to hear that? No one does, they want to hear 100% profits in an hour, etc. Biz as usual.

JAKammus Oct 30, 2016 1:41pm | Post# 69

I agree with you. I also created a thread where I pretty much handed my whole strategy.. Step by step. I don't expect much attention, especially here where people look forward r instant gratification with no work. It doesn't matter anyway, if anything we shouldn't be worried about that. I think the thread will help us stay on track and become more confident in our strategy. When you post regularly if improves your eyes when looking for your setup so if anything you should keep doing for yourself l and not others.

corrman Oct 30, 2016 2:02pm | Post# 70

Yea, I don't really even mind seeing the nonsense, it shows me where I once was and how far I've come and even posting our time-tested modestly successful methods wouldn't matter to anyone since it's not hype and who the heck could follow that which is not their own anyway? I know I couldn't. but some small ingredient can help a lot. Like that arrogant guy who had a thread a while back who loves to pontificate about his stratospheric abilities that "everyone here" could never possibly even comprehend... he was drawing funky boxes around price action, well I didn't copy it, but I saw some value to it and added it to my analysis and it actually helped me to clear up the methods I was already using. So if I can pick up stuff here and more importantly, ***attempt to organize that which I am doing methodically, in order to be able to post it, it actually helps me.

kraven Oct 30, 2016 4:31pm | Post# 71

I just stumbled across this thread and it echoed my thoughts from last week. Even experienced traders are drawn to these 'holy grail' threads in the pursuit of easy money. But lets face it if these people had a sure fire 95% trading system they could turn $50 into a million in no time with little worry.

Last week I participated on '90%' Ghost thread and the 'help me grow my account' thread where BWforex claims 95% accuracy. I posted a bunch of great results just to show how easy it is to do this. You should have seen the posts 'how did you do it?' 'amazing' 'please share your system', and then the p.m's started.

For my own amusement I explained it here and call it the 'cock drop method' lol

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...33#post9222833

the truth is its easy to promise, create and post such amazing results. Especially if you post 'cropped' pictures of the results (like i posted, like Ghostbiker and a thousand before him have).
But what amazing me is the 'sheep' on the threads, ready to attack someone who asks for proof from these 'guru's'. They gather and protect their new guru to seek favor from him just in case he has something special to share. it's not the creators of these threads that piss me off, it's the idiots who follow without thinking! however, pretty soon they will turn on him and the thread will die away when they try the system without success.....only for the guru to rise again with something different.

I have been on FF for many years now and have to say it's become part of my daily life. However the last few years it's got worse and worse. maybe there should be more 'moderators' who can challenge these people

kraven Oct 30, 2016 4:43pm | Post# 72

{quote} Well said. I personally don't care about the explorer or the fxbook because at the end of the day the strategy can behave completely different on the hands of another trader. What I do look for is the persons action. How well do they explain their strategy. Because think about it, if you are confident it works and you know your strategy in&outs why not share? If you decide not to share its ok, but if you do why not help others to understand it? GB doesn't explain shit. That is why is suspicious. You share your strategy online, but...
Have to some what disagree with this. If ALL traders use an ALL INDICATOR system on a LOWER time frame (stops brokers time messing with results) then everyone should get same results.

E.g> 15min TF. if indi 1 and 2 are green buy. TP 20 SL 10. (depending on spread) 95% should get the same result as you take human judgement out of it.

.....also a trade explorer, even on a demo, would show how many trades are open. This is vital when trying to prove a system.

JAKammus Oct 30, 2016 10:55pm | Post# 73

You might be right as I don't have evidence to back me side, but consider this: you are assuming that all traders will enter at the same time when the green candles shows. Now, how many times you seen a thread start with one strategy and 10 posts later people already changed the strategy adding their own shit, like MA, RSI, etc. the truth is, traders are not satisfied with 60% accuracy they think they have the magical solution to improve on it. That is just psychology. Not only that, if I get a signal to go long and I see it go down 15 pips in the 15M chart eurusd you know it probably is wont come back so ou have the discipline to stick to your 20sl? Maybe you do, but look around here on FF. Do you think they have discipline. If they had they wouldn't be jumping from one strategy to the other. So that is what I meant by working different for every trader. I do agree with the guy that said that the explorer adds extra pressure in the trader, so not everybody would feel comfortable. No doubt it would make the strategy more interesting though.

KJdude Oct 31, 2016 12:56am | Post# 74

Strange enough there're hundreds of viewers that're interested and glued to both threads and similar threads that promise such ludicrious stuff. That many desperate losers clutching at straws on ff ?
Meeeen hol' up!
Did u just use my own pic as ur profile pic too? oh ooh. I never even come around forums, bt I clicked on the link(cause it was said its a hot thread), and someone is using my pic?.

well, its ok, I guess some more peeps are as well.

Helloooooooo

uncletrumpet Oct 31, 2016 3:49am | Post# 75

Don't expect a "PROFIT or FALSE PROFIT" to hand you a winning system. It won't work.. Even if you find a winning system, it will be impossible for you to duplicate exactly. The thing you must understand is trading is individual. Nobody's system will work for you, but your own. You can learn stuff from other systems, yes.. But you can never trade somebody else system and win constantly. Some traders can take deep draw downs, some can't. Some can trade daily.. others need to be on the 5min. Some want mostly winning trades... others can take 4 losses...
Discover yourself and carry on with what works for you, you need your eyes to see not another man's own...read ECCLESIASTES 2:14

HeyYou Oct 31, 2016 9:40am | Post# 76

To distinguish a guru from a real person just look how many subscribers he has: 100+=guru.. I have none, I'm the best !

p.s. just kidding.

goldfinger Oct 31, 2016 10:08am | Post# 77

I am putting my magic indicator here later. get ready Muppets

mrhigurashi Oct 31, 2016 10:31am | Post# 78

1 Attachment(s)
HaHa, this guy really cracks me up. Dont know why he banned me from his silly thread, i never said anything about his system. I enjoyed reading his reactions.

Click to Enlarge

Name: pic1.png
Size: 22 KB

Maybe it was because i said his ranting reminded me of this:

Inserted Video

goldfinger Oct 31, 2016 10:55am | Post# 79

some bull shit other s smell the shit. That is BS factor for you.

kraven Oct 31, 2016 7:26pm | Post# 80

I just came from reading 'ghostbikers 90%' thread. I nearly choked on my beer when he posted in bold blue writing that he has said 20 x not to enter GBP trades, then posts a bunch of 'cropped' GBP trades lol

Someone wrote here that it shows him how far he has come. I think that's a great way to look at it.

At the beginning of the week his followers will blame themselves for not entering correctly. By the end of the week they will realize that they are just entering a short market move too late to capitalize on repeatedly and reliably.

© Forex Factory