Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   False Prophets (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=612779)

v2vboni May 9, 2019 4:21pm | Post# 1821

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Mine is more rudimentary but funnier... {image}
...what happened to your system that you were working on?

About mine... It seems like Doctor Strange put it in perpetual motion of continuous updates lol! ; )─ Now, I can't settle.. never settle approach... and looks like it may take longer than forever to finish ; )─
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUD-USD_1.jpg
Size: 531 KB

braintheboss May 9, 2019 4:29pm | Post# 1822

{quote} ...what happened to your system that you were working on? About mine... is like a perpetual motion of continuous updates lol! ; )─ I can't settle.. never settle... and it may take longer than forever to finish ; )─ {image}
Its a swing system. But my tools are not finished then even i can filter strong trends, i still suffer some fakes. If you see my TE you will see trades normally happpens when movement didn't finish making me some DD. Failed pullbacks kill me too. At the end the problem it will solved using stoch/rsi. But is not easy port patterns until now...

I follow your threads and as i told you more one time your stuff looks cool. You don't code "common" tools

v2vboni May 9, 2019 4:34pm | Post# 1823

{quote} Its a swing system. But my tools are not finished then even i can filter strong trends, i still suffer some fakes. If you see my TE you will see trades normally happpens when movement didn't finish making me some DD. Failed pullbacks kill me too. At the end the problem it will solved using stoch/rsi. But is not easy port patterns until now... I follow your threads and as i told you more one time your stuff looks cool. You don't code "common" tools

I visit your thread too... just to see if I could pick something or steal some ideas from you ; )─ lol. Anyway, good luck with your work. BTW, yours is far more advanced, mine is a work of an amateur, one bug after another ; )─ I fixed or add something... a new bug appears. But I guess, just part of the process of learning more.

braintheboss May 9, 2019 4:36pm | Post# 1824

{quote} I visit your thread too... just to see if I could pick something or steal some ideas from you ; )─ lol. Anyway, good luck with your work. BTW, yours is far more advanced, mine is a work of an amateur, one bug after another ; )─ I fixed or add something... a new bug appears. But I guess, just part of the process of learning more.
You are free to take ideas if are useful for you. About bugs i understand you. Only coders knows how difficult and frustrating is make software...

EcoTrader May 9, 2019 4:46pm | Post# 1825

{quote} I visit your thread too... just to see if I could pick something or steal some ideas from you ; )─ lol. Anyway, good luck with your work. BTW, yours is far more advanced, mine is a work of an amateur, one bug after another ; )─ I fixed or add something... a new bug appears. But I guess, just part of the process of learning more.
If you are referring to coding then that's the norm and in all areas of coding throughout different industries. Bugs are good because you learn from them so don't under sell yourself

v2vboni May 9, 2019 4:48pm | Post# 1826

{quote} You can but I don't as I have enough I formation to make trading decisions. That futures contract is a good measure of market expectations of future volatility but market expectation is often wrong and actually, it is the scenario that I use to make money (trading events where expectations and actual data diverge)
... got it!

EcoTrader May 9, 2019 4:55pm | Post# 1827

{quote} ... got it!
Its not quite as simple as reading it at face value. This can work but isn't consistent. Take last nfp for example, good employment numbers that beat expectations but wages were softer than expected and wages have a relationship with consumer spending which drives inflation and the Fed are all over inflation so the $ sold off. You won't get that info from scanning and trading calendar events, you need to do the research (digesting central bank communication, aggregate market research etc). This is stuff Davit doesn't do and why he gets nailed by placing more emphasis on pivots than what is really moving the market (news flow). This China trade issue is significant and selling yen is not something that should be done until the market gets positive news.

v2vboni May 9, 2019 5:09pm | Post# 1828

{quote} Its not quite as simple as reading it at face value. This can work but isn't consistent. Take last nfp for example, good employment numbers that beat expectations but wages were softer than expected and wages have a relationship with consumer spending which drives inflation and the Fed are all over inflation so the $ sold off. You won't get that info from scanning and trading calendar events, you need to do the research (digesting central bank communication, aggregate market research etc). This is stuff Davit doesn't do and why he get nailed...
...I meant I got a tiny bit of your approach... so I understand from afar only. The VIX I am looking at is... the EuroVIX and VIX... and then the VIX futures data, so overall these are just a fraction of overall volume/data or information ... not a complete one.

Anyway, I have always been doing research... that is why I asked a question about VIX (was posting about CFTC data here before) because besides the basic fundamental principles... Intermarket relationships and sentiment... it comes (or begs) with a question of what to do with (identify) market expectations and how it can be used in FX. Here at FF, News/Events... there's a tiny bit of information about what you said in terms/or which are inflationary in relation to consumer spending (via click of a mouse on an icon beside the upcoming news event)... and Yes, how the Fed is all over inflation and it can't be seen that easy... But not after the fact though ; )─

EcoTrader May 9, 2019 5:28pm | Post# 1829

{quote} ...I mean, I got a tiny bit of your approach... so I understand from afar only. Anyway, I have always been doing research... that is why I asked a question about VIX (was posting about CFTC data here before) because besides the basic fundamental principles... Intermarket relationships and sentiment... it comes with a question of what to do with (identify) market expectations and how it can be used in FX.
Most people think its long term only and find it difficult to interpret because they don't know where to start or what to focus on. What to focus on is easy because the central banks lay it out in black and white in addition to discussing it at press conferences or speeches. Sentiment is driven by news and most of the time this is economic data but times like now it is driven by politics. You won't make any money trading fundamentals if you are trying to predict the future (this is the flaw In the pivot points thread where they build a bias). That doesn't work in charts and it also doesn't work with fundamentals. The way to make money with fundamentals is by using flawed market prediction models that drive expectations and trading events where actuals diverge. The key to making it a success is educating yourself on what's going on fundamentally and how any data point or unscheduled news might affect expectations. The rest is just trade execution and trade management.

EcoTrader May 9, 2019 6:16pm | Post# 1830

The magnitude of the trade issue and why holding positions now is more risky than it was 2 weeks ago.

https://reut.rs/2H8pOqn

If this goes south, hang onto your hats and prepare for a bumpy ride. Risk off and the effects on global growth as we have seen. You get distortions in the data as well. Gdp was huge beat but the gain was mostly made up of inventory buildup. It's either stockpile from front running tarrifs, or a serious miss judgment of demand expectations. This skew could further be extended by Boeing halts to production in next data release. When the US data turns south, you have to remember it has held the position of being the best of the bunch of developed nations for a while now. Where will the money flow and for how long. Safe havens is the first stop. This is why it is bad to be holding positions now overnight as it all could kick off in the Asia session and you don't want to be short risk off flow destinations.

Tarrifs go into play at midnight to the tune of 200 billion. Tarrif man has more bring written up and we all know,he will do it

Wolfy.trader May 9, 2019 6:48pm | Post# 1831

{quote}.... The way to make money with fundamentals is by using flawed market prediction models that drive expectations and trading events where actuals diverge. The key to making it a success is educating yourself on what's going on fundamentally and how any data point or unscheduled news might affect expectations...
Could you show a path for traders who are struggling on how to digest or identify flawed data a starting point where we can Educate ourselves ?

for example, how to start or where to start learning/reading/studying

WT

pgr45za May 9, 2019 6:57pm | Post# 1832

{quote} I have told him as welll.
Mundo got removed from Davit's thread.

Oh this is too funny ... ROFL.

Sorry mate ...

Stay green

Ss45 May 9, 2019 7:18pm | Post# 1833

{quote} Mundo got removed from Davit's thread. Oh this is too funny ... ROFL. Sorry mate ... Stay green
Ahh this is funny indeed.....he is like a rabid dog now, can't tell who is on whose side, just bites everyone.

Mundo May 9, 2019 8:12pm | Post# 1834

I am sure he has his reasons...I will not question them nor sit here and bash him nor start blaming others for being ignored (pgr45za).

I truly appreciate the years he invested that helped me in learning what otherwise I might not have learned on my own. I have nothing but gratitude for Davit. I can trade on my own now and quite frankly it will be less distracting to stop and worry about posting. I can still read the thread, I am not a minion I need not follow anyone. Just need to pick everyone's brain and add to my toolbox.

milicentfx May 9, 2019 8:31pm | Post# 1835

I am sure he has his reasons...I will not question them nor sit here and bash him nor start blaming others for being ignored (pgr45za). I truly appreciate the years he invested that helped me in learning what otherwise I might not have learned on my own. I have nothing but gratitude for Davit. I can trade on my own now and quite frankly it will be less distracting to stop and worry about posting. I can still read the thread, I am not a minion I need not follow anyone. Just need to pick everyone's brain and add to my toolbox.
Nicely said

mistakesr May 9, 2019 9:42pm | Post# 1836

I am sure he has his reasons...I will not question them nor sit here and bash him nor start blaming others for being ignored (pgr45za). I truly appreciate the years he invested that helped me in learning what otherwise I might not have learned on my own. I have nothing but gratitude for Davit. I can trade on my own now and quite frankly it will be less distracting to stop and worry about posting. I can still read the thread, I am not a minion I need not follow anyone. Just need to pick everyone's brain and add to my toolbox.
You are a Gentleman and a Scholar Sir.

wasntme May 9, 2019 9:46pm | Post# 1837

you guys are the worst...u have him talking to himself LOL and i dont know whos left to listen since he gets rid of people everyday....pretty soon noone will be left to post LOL

Capitalone1 May 9, 2019 10:14pm | Post# 1838

I got removed too from Davit threat, but wait a minute here.....who needs a forum, threat or davit to trade? Well i guess does beginners not me as a matter of fat him and his members need me i do not need anyone if need be i can find a way and open my own threat because i have come to understand that i am unique in this business and my ideas and concept is 100% different from what is available in this enter FF. I am a disruptor and i do not abide or allow myself to be caged by any rules in this business and i will remain a big disruptor to the market and to any forum because believing and doing things differently is what that has made me money in this business.

I see you guys don't get it, the golden goal here is to make profit consistently not to be concern if you are removed or allowed from threats, the truth is that you can not find a good strategy in a public forum because any good trading strategy is so precious to the owner and i do not believe anyone can release it so publicly and so easily to people who do not know the value.

My advice is for every trader to work heard on their own run their race because is all about you and you are alone in this journey do not hope that any public stratagem will make you rich in this business.

God Bless all of us

neilsdigest May 9, 2019 10:20pm | Post# 1839

you guys are the worst...u have him talking to himself LOL and i dont know whos left to listen since he gets rid of people everyday....pretty soon noone will be left to post LOL
Who here was he going to sue.. I think he was German. I forget his name..

Well I laughed so loud my ceiling fell down when he called me a psychopath in his thread... One thing he forgot he posted where he lived. Won't take long for some private eye to find him.. washing the dishes in some run down restaurant.

I don't want your money David. Oh sorry Davit. Just give some to The Red Cross. It will make Pipsy7 happy ;-)

wasntme May 9, 2019 10:46pm | Post# 1840

{quote} Who here was he going to sue.. I think he was German. I forget his name.. Well I laughed so loud my ceiling fell down when he called me a psychopath in his thread... One thing he forgot he posted where he lived. Won't take long for some private eye to find him.. washing the dishes in some run down restaurant. I don't want your money David. Oh sorry Davit. Just give some to The Red Cross. It will make Pipsy7 happy ;-)

neils..thats hitting below the belt davit is an artist, scholar and gentleman...he wouldnt be washing dishes im sure hes the short order cook (chef) of a diner....lets give him the credit that he's due

© Forex Factory