Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Al System (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=606164)

Albertdkpllh Sep 8, 2016 9:20am | Post# 1

1 Attachment(s)
I want to share my little system. Inspired by this thread "http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=435149" started by Eurusdd.
Please read it. Digest it, then we can be on the same page.

Instructions will follow soon.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDH1.png
Size: 51 KB

stoxos Sep 8, 2016 9:27am | Post# 2

Please provide additional info about rules risk etc... thanks

aaven Sep 8, 2016 9:31am | Post# 3

I want to share my little system. Inspired by this thread "http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=435149" started by Eurusdd. Please read it. Digest it, then we can be on the same page. Instructions will follow soon. {image}
Good Luck and looking forward to it.

Albertdkpllh Sep 8, 2016 10:27am | Post# 4

Things to note about the zigzag indicator:::

1: It repaints because -by definition - it has to. Therefore, the length of a leg can increase with time!

2: It is possible to know where a leg of the ZZ must be drawn - relative to another indicator. So, those who say it is impossible to determine where/when a new leg will be drawn are a little behind time!

3: ZZ is directly connected to the stoch indicator and there is a way to know how far price will retrace, using both indicators.

4: The ZZ is time-dependent. It is possible to know When a leg will stop growing with precision!!!
These are the four things you need to know

Structure
This system is based on the relationship between the Zig zag and the Stochastic.

"Consider stoch with the following settings; %k =X, slowing = 1, %d = 1, Close/Close, where X is any positive integer.
Consider the last X bars - including the current one. Let the High/Low value of price be A/B resp..

This stoch =0 <=> the current price = lowest over the period.
This stoch =100 <=> the current price = highest over the period.
This stoch =50 <=> the current price = mid-way between the highest and the lowest price over the period.
Other values of stoch can be calculated in this way.

THE STOCH = 0/100 => A LEG OF THE ZZ MUST APPEAR . A LEG OF THE ZZ APPEARS => stoch is at 0/100 almost surely. probability here = 90%+

Therefore, the ZZ repaints because the stoch repaints. (That is the stoch above can stay at 0/100 for a while or leave 0/100 and return there without first going to 100/0.
So, the last time stoch is at 0/100 before going to 100/0 is the end of the current ZZ leg!!!

Albertdkpllh Sep 8, 2016 10:46am | Post# 5

1 Attachment(s)
Things to note about the zigzag indicator::: 1: It repaints because -by definition - it has to. Therefore, the length of a leg can increase with time! 2: It is possible to know where a leg of the ZZ must be drawn - relative to another indicator. So, those who say it is impossible to determine where/when a new leg will be drawn are a little behind time! 3: ZZ is directly connected to the stoch indicator and there is a way to know how far price will retrace, using both indicators. 4: The ZZ is time-dependent. It is possible to know When a leg will...
The picture will try to explain the statements.
Numbers three (3) and (6) is what we want to exploit. We have very high winning probabilities taking these setups
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPAUDH1.png
Size: 54 KB

Albertdkpllh Sep 8, 2016 10:50am | Post# 6

2 Attachment(s)
These were setups I traded.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURJPYH1.png
Size: 47 KB
Click to Enlarge

Size: 51 KB

aaven Sep 8, 2016 11:54am | Post# 7

Things to note about the zigzag indicator::: 1: It repaints because -by definition - it has to. Therefore, the length of a leg can increase with time! 2: It is possible to know where a leg of the ZZ must be drawn - relative to another indicator. So, those who say it is impossible to determine where/when a new leg will be drawn are a little behind time! 3: ZZ is directly connected to the stoch indicator and there is a way to know how far price will retrace, using both indicators. 4: The ZZ is time-dependent. It is possible to know When a leg will...
Thanks Albert for the system,

Questions from a noob coming your way and if you could answer them it would be great.

1. "Consider stoch with the following settings; %k =X, slowing = 1, %d = 1, Close/Close, where X is any positive integer."

How is the value of X related to Zig-Zag?

2. When you say 0/100 do you mean stoch is at 0 and when you say 100/0 do you mean stoch is at 100?

3. "Therefore, the ZZ repaints because the stoch repaints. (That is the stoch above can stay at 0/100 for a while or leave 0/100 and return there without first going to 100/0.)"

The stoch can stay at oversold and overbought levels for quite a while. Could you please elaborate on the underlined portion if possible with an example.

Once again thank you for the system kind sir.

Albertdkpllh Sep 8, 2016 11:59am | Post# 8

2 Attachment(s)
I hope we can move on to business.

Zigzag setting: 25,1,1 and Stock:18,1,1 close/close. Default settings for parabolic.

Entries.
1. It is true that almost anytime the stockastic closes on 100 or 0 a new zigzag leg appears or repaints.

2. We use this to our advantage whenever the stockastic is at 100 or 0 and there is no zigzag leg.

3. We always take the trade in the direction of the Parabolic.
Al Syst.tpl
Click to Enlarge

Name: AAA.jpg
Size: 200 KB

Albertdkpllh Sep 8, 2016 12:12pm | Post# 9

{quote} Thanks Albert for the system, Questions from a noob coming your way and if you could answer them it would be great. 1. "Consider stoch with the following settings; %k =X, slowing = 1, %d = 1, Close/Close, where X is any positive integer." How is the value of X related to Zig-Zag? 2. When you say 0/100 do you mean stoch is at 0 and when you say 100/0 do you mean stoch is at 100? 3. "Therefore, the ZZ repaints because the stoch repaints. (That is the stoch above can stay at 0/100 for a while or leave 0/100 and return there without...
Hi Aaven,
1.X is any integer say 30 for the stock......... Zig zag should be 30, then they are similar and directly related.
2. Yes
3.Okay, lets say the stock is at 100 now, so long as it remains there without closing at 0, you may keep having the zigzag leg making newer Highs.... but when the stock closes at 0 we expect a new ZZ leg to appear low and probably continue going low if the stock keeps closing at 0 without going to 100.

I hope it helps.

Albertdkpllh Sep 8, 2016 12:48pm | Post# 10

2 Attachment(s)
Missed these
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCHFH1.png
Size: 50 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDJPYH1.png
Size: 49 KB

aaven Sep 8, 2016 1:25pm | Post# 11

{quote} Hi Aaven, 1.X is any integer say 30 for the stock......... Zig zag should be 30, then they are similar and directly related. 2. Yes 3.Okay, lets say the stock is at 100 now, so long as it remains there without closing at 0, you may keep having the zigzag leg making newer Highs.... but when the stock closes at 0 we expect a new ZZ leg to appear low and probably continue going low if the stock keeps closing at 0 without going to 100. I hope it helps.
Hello Albert,

I appreciate you for taking the time to answer my queries.

One doubt though,

Zigzag setting: 25,1,1 and Stock:18,1,1 close/close. Default settings for parabolic.

To have direct relation the Zig-Zag and Stoch needs to have the same value, isn't it? Here Zig-Zag is 25 and Stoch is 18.

Kindly help me to understand.

Once again thanks a bunch for starting the thread and taking the time and effort to help the people.

Have a glorious day.

Albertdkpllh Sep 8, 2016 2:49pm | Post# 12

{quote} Hello Albert, I appreciate you for taking the time to answer my queries. One doubt though, Zigzag setting: 25,1,1 and Stock:18,1,1 close/close. Default settings for parabolic. To have direct relation the Zig-Zag and Stoch needs to have the same value, isn't it? Here Zig-Zag is 25 and Stoch is 18. Kindly help me to understand. Once again thanks a bunch for starting the thread and taking the time and effort to help the people. Have a glorious day.
You are absolutely right Aaven.
The ZZ and Stock having the same value will give a direct relation with a win rate of about ++90% as stated in previous posts. However my settings give more entries but exposes you to more fake setups. My settings only reduce the probability slightly but its good enough.

Regards
Al

aaven Sep 8, 2016 2:52pm | Post# 13

Thanks Albert for the quick reply. Will study in detail and seek your guidance for further doubts.

Thanks once again for your generosity.

Albertdkpllh Sep 8, 2016 3:00pm | Post# 14

Thanks Albert for the quick reply. Will study in detail and seek your guidance for further doubts. Thanks once again for your generosity.
You welcome Aaven. Those settings are my little tweak.

Al

kleybenny Sep 8, 2016 3:27pm | Post# 15

Hello, really interesting strategy. Thank you very much! One question: Is it only a setup when stochastic reached 100 or would it be enough when it reaches for example 97 or 98. I made some backtests and I saw that stochastik often reaches "nearly" 100 but not exactly. Would you ignore this trades or not?

Thank you

stevox Sep 8, 2016 3:37pm | Post# 16

1 Attachment(s)
Sell on the red arrow, am i correct? but in this case a big news cause a spike that would have hit stop loss, but if no stop loss would have been a profit trade.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GU.JPG
Size: 79 KB

Albertdkpllh Sep 8, 2016 4:15pm | Post# 17

Hello, really interesting strategy. Thank you very much! One question: Is it only a setup when stochastic reached 100 or would it be enough when it reaches for example 97 or 98. I made some backtests and I saw that stochastik often reaches "nearly" 100 but not exactly. Would you ignore this trades or not? Thank you
The best setup is for stock at 100 or 0.

Albertdkpllh Sep 8, 2016 4:19pm | Post# 18

1 Attachment(s)
Sell on the red arrow, am i correct? but in this case a big news cause a spike that would have hit stop loss, but if no stop loss would have been a profit trade. {image}
Your entry is right and you may have lost about 35 pips. However the setup was still valid for the second entry for +100 pips.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 61 KB

wolero7 Sep 8, 2016 5:32pm | Post# 19

{quote} The picture will try to explain the statements. Numbers three (3) and (7) is what we want to exploit. We have very high winning probabilities taking these setups {image}
I believe you mean 3 and 6 here and not 7.

Nice Thread.

Albertdkpllh Sep 8, 2016 5:36pm | Post# 20

{quote} I believe you mean 3 and 6 here and not 7. Nice Thread.
Ooops!!!!! you are right.

Thanks

© Forex Factory