Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   How to predict markets, Catch the moves at value (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=605011)

Dennis1468 Sep 2, 2016 11:02am | Post# 101

{quote} I will cut it went is reach $1500, i will take the lost there. I will stop trading and try to learn as much as possible from you till I see the light.

Ah i mean monthly is r 1 the great big red line on the chart - 78 90

Dennis1468 Sep 2, 2016 11:09am | Post# 102

{quote} Pivot is calculated yesterdays high + low + Close / 3. But different timezones have different Pivots. The London Time Pivots are different to the NY Time Pivots! Just my 2 Cents....
Oh yes thats correct us pivot purist fix to NY open Close, your broker daily open may be different from others so you need time adjuster on your indi to fix open has eastern and close as eastern.

The easiest way to get the extended-session data values (high, low, and settlement) is to flip to a daily chart of the instrument you are trading. Most data providers and charting software automatically include extended-session data when presenting the daily bars. Just take the high, low, and close from the daily bar, and you'll have the inputs for the next day's pivots.

So for the Monthly pivots then pivot purists are using the close of last months bar to calculate the preceding months play by play. Same for the Weekly.

Most MT4 charting packages wont carry Time adjustable Floor pivot indicators, D, W, M as those are considered professional trading tools. Platforms like think or Swim or other advanced plat forms include Professional Floor trader tools such as Pivots and Market Profile.

AstroStudent Sep 2, 2016 11:10am | Post# 103

{quote} Ah i mean monthly is r 1 the great big red line on the chart - 78 90
Thanks Dennis and mattkirby. I was re-reading all your post and trying to take note so that I can follow as your lessons develop.
Sorry, if and ever I ask too much newbie and basic questions.

Dennis1468 Sep 2, 2016 11:11am | Post# 104

{quote} Pivot is calculated yesterdays high + low + Close / 3. But different timezones have different Pivots. The London Time Pivots are different to the NY Time Pivots! Just my 2 Cents....
Will sort out good indicators all for you next week

Dennis1468 Sep 2, 2016 11:12am | Post# 105

{quote} Thanks Dennis and mattkirby. I was re-reading all your post and trying to take note so that I can follow as your lessons develop. Sorry, if and ever I ask too much newbie and basic questions.
Im here to help anyone 16 years ago i was a newbie to

Dennis1468 Sep 2, 2016 11:29am | Post# 106

"Your ability to determine which market participants are influencing price will allow you to judge the conviction and behavior of price movement"

1 Investors
2 Position Traders
3 Swing Traders
4 Day Traders

So today we did live trading on the NFP. I did number 4 Day trade entries with day trade targets. all whats left to wrap up the play by play is for me to post current UJ chart with clear enntries printed by my broker on the chart with some notes. To summarize before I work on the chart notes:

Trade entry 1 at 103 40 closed at 103. 60
Trade 2 entry at 103 60 closed at 104 .12

Those to trades are at the CPR

Trade 3 entry 102 90 closed at 103 80 half take profit and its remaining balance closed at 104 .40 Those are S1 entry take profit R! and R 2
Trade 4 104 close 104 30 heavy long scalp

Chart to follow

All entries apart from Trade 4 were pre planned by market orders based open range and initial balance .. let me do this chart

Dennis1468 Sep 2, 2016 11:42am | Post# 107

1 Attachment(s)
"Your ability to determine which market participants are influencing price will allow you to judge the conviction and behavior of price movement" 1 Investors 2 Position Traders 3 Swing Traders 4 Day Traders So today we did live trading on the NFP. I did number 4 Day trade entries with day trade targets. all whats left to wrap up the play by play is for me to post current UJ chart with clear enntries printed by my broker on the chart with some notes. To summarize before I work on the chart notes: Trade entry 1 at 103 40 closed at 103. 60 Trade 2...
Todays NFP Play by play in the charts. See we are dead here. Because we closed the file. Professional day traders are on the same plan with similar results.
Click to Enlarge

Name: nfp all trades closed Chart_USD_JPY_30 Mins_snapshot.png
Size: 71 KB

kef2138 Sep 2, 2016 11:50am | Post# 108

{quote} Todays NFP Play by play in the charts. See we are dead here. Because we closed the file. Professional day traders are on the same plan with similar results. {image}
Thanks for the visual explanation!
1. What does CPR stand for?
2. Would you please explain the logic behind every trade (conditions for entering the trade, calculating TP and SL (if you use any)? Except trades 3 and 4, they are very clear

Pipglutton Sep 2, 2016 12:03pm | Post# 109

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Will sort out good indicators all for you next week
Hi Dennis.

Are these any good....?
z---MurreyMath-TimeFrame.ex4
Murrey_Math_Line_X.ex4

Dennis1468 Sep 2, 2016 12:05pm | Post# 110

{quote} Thanks for the visual explanation! 1. What does CPR stand for? 2. Would you please explain the logic behind every trade (conditions for entering the trade, calculating TP and SL (if you use any)?
CPR is Central Pivot Range, (Normally on Daily Eastern Time) This is normally used by Professional Day traders to view its relationship with prior rolling days and its band width. If you look at the CPR yesterday on the NFP chart is has a lower inside value then today. Then the initial balance to day broke to the upside above the level of yesterdays CPR and todays CPR.

So easy day to anticipate the play by play. Get filled on Pull backs to CPR then add news/nfp = Put long additional orders S1 and S2 to get filled on other people stops

Trade Conditions are the most complexed, will get through this some how over time , you have to go back to my notes on initial balance. I have only covered really one market day which is Double distribution. Its so massive I dont know if I can plot it all but I will. Will take time, a lot of time. Becuase Market conditions also relate to professional Position, Swing and Day traders. Marketers say for example dont get filled on sideways days, however sideways days are massive get filled zones for the break away play. Subject is huge will get it all plotted.

For Stops I use reverse correlations / i.e. if I was long and wrong, then i double size on opposite correlation long to, give myself time to work it all out/huge massive subject to, will cover in time. Physical stops no way.

Dennis1468 Sep 2, 2016 12:11pm | Post# 111

{quote} Hi Dennis. Are these any good....? {file} {file}
I have no idea all the professional traders I know do what I am doing. I am limited to what I do and not an expert on other stuff.

All I can say is professional traders have very few indicators in there tool box. However technical analysts have plenty of tools to make nice flashy looking reports for us Floor traders. On the other hand, if you know your participants and the levels and your fundies it is quite possible to make most things work for you.

I used to have a RSI system with Pivot points that helped me to identify the initial balance IB. opening balance study it......its all u have on open

Dennis1468 Sep 2, 2016 12:16pm | Post# 112

{quote} I have a real bad trade for AUDJPY since 25 July I bought from 79.1XX to 79.3XX, there are recovering a bit. Should I continue to hold till they turn profit. TIA

Bro we reached your target 20 pips more its ur call r 1 monthly aj

kef2138 Sep 2, 2016 12:28pm | Post# 113

{quote} CPR is Central Pivot Range, (Normally on Daily Eastern Time) This is normally used by Professional Day traders to view its relationship with prior rolling days and its band width. If you look at the CPR yesterday on the NFP chart is has a lower inside value then today. Then the initial balance to day broke to the upside above the level of yesterdays CPR and todays CPR. So easy day to anticipate the play by play. Get filled on Pull backs to CPR then add news/nfp = Put long additional orders S1 and S2 to get filled on other people stops Trade...
Great! Thanks for clearing that up!

Dennis1468 Sep 2, 2016 12:29pm | Post# 114

{quote} I have no idea all the professional traders I know do what I am doing. I am limited to what I do and not an expert on other stuff. All I can say is professional traders have very few indicators in there tool box. However technical analysts have plenty of tools to make nice flashy looking reports for us Floor traders. On the other hand, if you know your participants and the levels and your fundies it is quite possible to make most things work for you. I used to have a RSI system with Pivot points that helped me to identify the initial balance...

Going to wrap it up here until I have some energy to input more:

I will leave you with this thought as it ties in with everything else.....................

Trading is a game of repetitions. Traders that can consistently trade the best repetitions are those that have mastered the markets

Your ability to determine which market participants are influencing price will allow you to judge the conviction and behavior of price movement"

Julian9191 Sep 2, 2016 1:26pm | Post# 115

Keep doing what you are doing, and u will garner success.

Dennis1468 Sep 2, 2016 1:36pm | Post# 116

Keep doing what you are doing, and u will garner success.
your right thats what it means........................takes time to reconise repetition

Trading is a game of repetitions. Traders that can consistently trade the best repetitions are those that have mastered the markets

and that all we did today same old NFP same stuff just a different market day...............Expanded Typical Day

Dennis1468 Sep 2, 2016 1:45pm | Post# 117

1 Attachment(s)
Lets get to some meat..................Your CPR what it tells you as below then go back to my UJ NFP trades and do eye tuning for bucks
Click to Enlarge

Name: TWODAYRELATIONSHIPSPIVOTSCHARTS   11.png
Size: 313 KB

Dennis1468 Sep 2, 2016 1:54pm | Post# 118

1 Attachment(s)
trading OUTSIDE VALUE..........................dAY 4 OR 5 IS ALWAYS AN INSIDE DAY
Click to Enlarge

Name: TRADING OUTSIDE VALUE (2).png
Size: 134 KB

Dennis1468 Sep 2, 2016 1:56pm | Post# 119

Same old repetition 5 days plotted

so now go back to my uj NFP chart and recognize the repetition of the overlapping higher value of the mornings open central pivot range - Candle opened below value right? yes it did, So I ignored it as the CPR is higher value............................................repetition no doubt! thats why I make the calls, left is left right is right. There are times when I am not certain, Monday trading day. Tuesday back on track. I dont trade on Mondays, Footprints plant on Tuesdays, No paper sellers on Monday, everyone does there balance sheets as Friday Late night close is after Europe is already closed! tickets cant be switched until Monday. Therefore a empty pot.

AstroStudent Sep 2, 2016 2:05pm | Post# 120

{quote} Bro we reached your target 20 pips more its ur call r 1 monthly aj
yes, eyeballing it. Now absorbing your teaching, trying to understand your last 2 attachments. totally, new insight for me.

© Forex Factory