Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Monthly Profit - Daily Trading using SMA (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=600112)

xoxo12 Jul 26, 2016 10:46am | Post# 21

Nice to see some-one else trading this system. I only use the halftrend indicator & CCI candles, with SL 2 daily candles back. Otherwise pretty much the same. {image}
can you upload your indicators here

Bk8 Jul 26, 2016 11:10am | Post# 22

{quote} Hi BK8, I really like D1 trade, because it is low touch,however I have questions: 1. Will you please mark using vertical line where you enter the trade? 2. Previous Candle does it includes the wick or just the body? Thanks & Regards
Hi laikos,
I have uploaded some more screenshots, let me know if that does not help. I use MT4 on iPhone.
Also I prefer to include wick of previous candle for stoploss.

s1mm014 Jul 26, 2016 12:01pm | Post# 23

Thanks for these. So if I understand your method correctly did you (or would you) have shorted AUDCAD when the candle opened on the 17th July? The candle on the 16th clearly passes through the SMA as a sell signal on this day?

Bk8 Jul 26, 2016 1:03pm | Post# 24

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for these. So if I understand your method correctly did you (or would you) have shorted AUDCAD when the candle opened on the 17th July? The candle on the 16th clearly passes through the SMA as a sell signal on this day?
Yes, I have multiple accounts.. I just double checked it should be 15th Jul
But I do not spend more than 10% so I opted to sell NZD instead, please attached screenshot
Click to Enlarge

Name: image.png
Size: 154 KB

Bk8 Jul 26, 2016 1:19pm | Post# 25

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Size: 147 KB

Bk8 Jul 26, 2016 1:33pm | Post# 26

1 Attachment(s)
Few more from other accounts
Click to Enlarge

Size: 133 KB

Bk8 Jul 26, 2016 1:35pm | Post# 27

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Size: 156 KB

rajkumar3192 Jul 26, 2016 1:43pm | Post# 28

1 Attachment(s)
good and clear rules to follow .. may i know whats the max draw down of this system till now . and you told sma 3 and 5 but your chars shows only 1 sma .
and what will be your idea for this circled area
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 29 KB

bcmaggs Jul 26, 2016 1:55pm | Post# 29

Hi Raj,

I agree with you. KISS is always best.

If I am not mistaken its SMA 5 with shift of 3.

Correct me if I am wrong Bk8.

Regards

Bk8 Jul 26, 2016 2:04pm | Post# 30

good and clear rules to follow .. may i know whats the max draw down of this system till now . and you told sma 3 and 5 but your chars shows only 1 sma . and what will be your idea for this circled area {image}
@Raj - @bcmaggs is right, I have only one SMA (Period - 5, Shift -3).
Normally I ignore small candle but if I do not find better opportunity then I take risk with small candle too.
To be honest with you, I am still learning..thats why I tried to experiment something unique during BREXIT and lost all previous profits but recovering very fast now..
I think there is no short cut formula for long term profits. So I decided to trade on D1 chart only and spend 10% max of account value.

rajkumar3192 Jul 26, 2016 2:05pm | Post# 31

Hi Raj, I agree with you. KISS is always best. If I am not mistaken its SMA 5 with shift of 3. Correct me if I am wrong Bk8. Regards
will check it out . and thanks for your conformation regarding the settings of sma ,

rajkumar3192 Jul 26, 2016 2:07pm | Post# 32

{quote} @Raj - @bcmaggs is right, I have only one SMA (Period - 5, Shift -3). Normally I ignore small candle but if I do not find better opportunity then I take risk with small candle too. To be honest with you, I am still learning..thats why I tried to experiment something unique during BREXIT and lost all previous profits but recovering very fast now.. I think there is no short cut formula for long term profits. So I decided to trade on D1 chart only and spend 10% max of account value.
thanks and how many trades a day you take and do you have any take profit levels

Romax Jul 26, 2016 3:36pm | Post# 33

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} thanks and how many trades a day you take and do you have any take profit levels

Confirm the entry?
Click to Enlarge

Name: entry.jpg
Size: 237 KB

olvus Jul 26, 2016 3:52pm | Post# 34

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} can you upload your indicators here
Here are indicators from screen showed in post #13
In CCI ind set period 14 and oversbough 1 oversold -1 (maybe other - try to open UJ daily chart and choose the parameters so that the picture in your terminal will be coincided with the picture on the screenshot)
I want to wish success to thread creator, but i cant believe that this can be successful in lоngterm. If it were that simple - buy candle above sma3, sell candle below sma3 - we all could be like a Soros in few years. Like 1000`s other trend strategies it can be profitable in trending period and lose in ranging period.
HalfTrend-1.02.mq4
CCI CustomCandles2_alerts.mq4

xoxo12 Jul 26, 2016 4:31pm | Post# 35

{quote} Here are indicators from screen showed in post #13 In CCI ind set period 14 and oversbough 1 oversold -1 (maybe other - try to open UJ daily chart and choose the parameters so that the picture in your terminal will be coincided with the picture on the screenshot) I want to wish success to thread creator, but i cant believe that this can be successful in lоngterm. If it were that simple - buy candle above sma3, sell candle below sma3 - we all could be like a Soros in few years. Like 1000`s other trend strategies it can be profitable...
thanks

Bk8 Jul 26, 2016 5:06pm | Post# 36

{quote} thanks and how many trades a day you take and do you have any take profit levels
Depends on my account value but not more than 4-5 pairs

Bk8 Jul 26, 2016 5:08pm | Post# 37

{quote} Confirm the entry? {image}
Looks good, only concern is long wick.. so little risk there

Bk8 Jul 26, 2016 5:10pm | Post# 38

1 Attachment(s)
This screenshot is to explain how I keep moving my stoploss every day
Click to Enlarge

Size: 97 KB

Bk8 Jul 26, 2016 5:16pm | Post# 39

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the best example of stoploss, this is only pair ditched me this week.. but I will let it trigger stoploss inspite of SMA corss
Click to Enlarge

Size: 105 KB

Bk8 Jul 26, 2016 5:19pm | Post# 40

1 Attachment(s)
Profit - 150 pips so far
Click to Enlarge

Size: 98 KB

© Forex Factory