Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Monthly Profit - Daily Trading using SMA (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=600112)

mizi123 Dec 29, 2016 3:40am | Post# 7581

1 Attachment(s)
Hi traders if anyone like some 25 pips (because market has no power) EUR/CHF short is good setup under 1.07100
Berish engulfing just take place on 15m
Click to Enlarge

Name: bb.png
Size: 26 KB

Waddah Dec 29, 2016 6:49am | Post# 7582

this is one of the best strategies , in this crazy week , I made 400 pips , thanks Bk8 , thanks so much

shimmering Dec 29, 2016 8:23am | Post# 7583

this is one of the best strategies , in this crazy week , I made 400 pips , thanks Bk8 , thanks so much
Would you mind sharing what trades you took - at what price and how many pips for each.

huguet2004 Dec 29, 2016 4:14pm | Post# 7584

Hi All, any setup for today?

Monokl Dec 29, 2016 8:12pm | Post# 7585

What happen Eur and Gbp ?
wild run! Like just the super power momentum at Asian time

CLTrader Dec 30, 2016 2:42am | Post# 7586

Hi Fellows, Wish you all a very Happy Christmas and Happy New Year !!! Special Thanks to BK8 for his sincere efforts to educated trading in true sense. His efforts are no doubt commendable. I have just closed all the open trades in my account opened on 12 Dec 2016. Attaching report for everyone to built true confidence in the strategy rather than loosing hard earned money with wrong and hasted tries. All the best to all. Regards Enzee 2017 I will be using my live account. {image}
You may want to paper trade this longer. 5% of your trades accounted for 71% of your profits. One trade out of 57 accounted for 35% of your profits.

Filipo1 Dec 30, 2016 6:18am | Post# 7587

What happen Eur and Gbp ? wild run! Like just the super power momentum at Asian time

Hi Monokl, nothing special to mention on GBP but all pair in EUR were having a big move up probably due to some sound year-end profit taking from EURUSD bears.

Filipo1 Dec 30, 2016 6:20am | Post# 7588

{quote} Hi Monokl, nothing special to mention on GBP but all pair in EUR were having a big move up probably due to some sound year-end profit taking from EURUSD bears.
And of course same move observed on the CHF satelite.

mizi123 Dec 30, 2016 3:16pm | Post# 7589

How To Use The 80/20 Rule For Goal Setting
The 80/20 rule is one of the most helpful concepts for life and time management.
According to this principle: 20 percent of your activities will account for 80 percent of your results. It can change the way you set goals forever.
The 80/20 rule is also called the “Pareto Principle” named after it’s founder, the Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto from 1895. He noticed that people in society seemed to divide naturally into what he called the “vital few,” or the top 20 percent in terms of money and influence, and the “trivial many,” or the bottom 80 percent.
Later, he discovered that virtually all economic activity was subject to this principle, in that 80 percent of the wealth of Italy during that time was controlled by 20 percent of the population.
We can take Pareto’s 80/20 rule and apply it to almost any situation. In particular, we can apply it to goal setting and productivity.
80/20 Rule In Action
If you have a list of ten items to accomplish, two of those items will turn out to be worth more than the other eight items put together.
The sad fact is that most people procrastinate on the top 10 or 20 percent of items that are the most valuable and important, the “vital few,” and busy themselves instead with the least important 80 percent, the “trivial many,” that contribute very little to their success.
How To Apply The 80/20 Rule
Here’s what you should do in order to effectively apply the 80/20 rule to goal setting and to your overall productivity.
First, take a piece of paper and write down ten goals. Then ask yourself: If you could only accomplish one of the goals on that list today, which one goal would have the greatest positive impact on your life?
Then pick the second most important goal. What you’ll find is, after you complete this exercise, you will have determined the most important 20 percent of your goals that will help you more than anything else.
You should continue to work at those goals that you’ve chosen as the most valuable all the time.
Eat The Biggest Frog First
You often see people who appear to be busy all day long but seem to accomplish very little. This is almost always because they are busy working on tasks that are of low value while they are procrastinating on the one or two activities that could make a real difference to their companies and to their careers.
The most valuable tasks you can do each day are often the hardest and most complex, but the payoff and rewards for completing them can be tremendous.
Before you begin work, always ask yourself, “Is this task in the top 20 percent of my activities or in the bottom 80 percent?”
The rule for this is: resist the temptation to clear up small things first.
If you choose to start your day working on low-value tasks, you will soon develop the habit of always starting and working on low-value tasks.
Work Towards Your Main Goal, All The Time
Finally, I want to tell you about a study that has just been done about the attitudes of rich people versus poor people in regard to goal setting. What they found is that 85% of rich people have one big goal that they work on all the time.
So, if you want to be wealthy, do what wealthy people do. Pick one big goal and work on it all the time, and if you do, it will change your life.
Author: Brian Tracy

Bsmile44 Dec 30, 2016 4:57pm | Post# 7590

{quote} You may want to paper trade this longer. 5% of your trades accounted for 71% of your profits. One trade out of 57 accounted for 35% of your profits.

Hi CLtrader, Thats how the best traders make their fortunes. Do you honeatly believe that if you just stick to 2% trades all of your life you will make it out of the depths? Discipline is more important as per when as it is per how much. The greats like Jesse Livermore and the likes of Warren Buffet trade this way. They are very disciplined in their strategy but recgonize when the stars align and go in for the homerun. Im not going to tell anybody how to manage their accounts but it has been said before and I'll say it again for the benefit of others. If you want to great, mimic the great. If you want to make a fortune, mimic those that have made a fortune before you.

shimmering Jan 1, 2017 6:22pm | Post# 7591

How To Use The 80/20 Rule For Goal Setting The 80/20 rule is one of the most helpful concepts for life and time management. According to this principle: 20 percent of your activities will account for 80 percent of your results. It can change the way you set goals forever. The 80/20 rule is also called the Pareto Principle named after its founder, the Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto from 1895. He noticed that people in society seemed to divide naturally into what he called the vital few, or the top 20 percent in terms of money and influence, and...
Than you for that. Another way of saying it is 'stiletto heel' focus. It works, especially when you talk about your future achievement in the present tense.

Bobcat2 Jan 1, 2017 9:36pm | Post# 7592

Bk8, please change page 1 to reflect the SMA 5,0 to SMA 5, 3, unless you are currently using a different setting.

Thanks.

Filipo1 Jan 2, 2017 4:31am | Post# 7593

Bk8, please change page 1 to reflect the SMA 5,0 to SMA 5, 3, unless you are currently using a different setting. Thanks.
Hi Bobcat2, SMA 5,0 is the current setting after it was established by Bk8 and other members it is more efficient than the initial 5,3 setting.

ricki72 Jan 2, 2017 5:10am | Post# 7594

No setups today?

I started with:
EURGBP short,
AUDCAD short (already 40 PIPS in profit)
EURCAD short

I am observing:
AUDUSD (is on a support line, waiting for break threw)
GBPUSD (doesn´t move in the right direction now)

Bobcat2 Jan 2, 2017 7:06pm | Post# 7595

{quote} Hi Bobcat2, SMA 5,0 is the current setting after it was established by Bk8 and other members it is more efficient than the initial 5,3 setting.
Somehow I missed the change back to 5, 0. Thanks for the correction, Filipo...

Have you experimented with the other obvious variants of 5, 1 or 5, 2 ? Trader nanningbob has traded the SMA5 with settings of 5, 1 with linear weighting with excellent results.

mizi123 Jan 3, 2017 5:05am | Post# 7596

Goodaftenon traders market is full of mushroms acording to rules of strategy see and find with wich pair you gona be more confortable
Eur/aud, eur/usd, usd/chf, aud/jpy, nzd/jpy, aud/chf, eur/gbp,cad/jpy, gbp/jpy, eur/cad, usd/jpy.

Filipo1 Jan 3, 2017 8:36am | Post# 7597

{quote} Somehow I missed the change back to 5, 0. Thanks for the correction, Filipo... Have you experimented with the other obvious variants of 5, 1 or 5, 2 ? Trader nanningbob has traded the SMA5 with settings of 5, 1 with linear weighting with excellent results.
What I have positively experimented is a close strategy to this one encouraging the use of both SMA 5,0 and 5,1 based on typical price or (H+L+C) / 3.
Waiting for the crossing of 5,1 by 5,0 helps to filter out better setups.

Enzee Jan 3, 2017 12:17pm | Post# 7598

2 Attachment(s)
Today's entry signals
CADCHF Long
EURAUD Short
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 94 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 92 KB

mizi123 Jan 3, 2017 1:26pm | Post# 7599

Market is not prepered for trading on daily timeframe basis..... to much wick's in all pairs....

Filipo1 Jan 3, 2017 2:39pm | Post# 7600

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Somehow I missed the change back to 5, 0. Thanks for the correction, Filipo... Have you experimented with the other obvious variants of 5, 1 or 5, 2 ? Trader nanningbob has traded the SMA5 with settings of 5, 1 with linear weighting with excellent results.
Hello Bobcat2, coming back on 5,1 linear (on top) vs. 5,0 simple, here is a comparison done on Android MT5 which conveniently allows to have multiple charts on the screen obviously for phablets only.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_2017-01-03-20-36-51.png
Size: 234 KB

© Forex Factory