Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Best Indicator Ever based on ATR (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=599743)

anhkklun Jul 22, 2016 11:40am | Post# 21

My friend it only match when they both have the same settings set them to 40 and check again look my chart {image}
hello stoxos you could just help me, how can you give up so there are two lines, I had to download and install your indicator but did not see it works, thank you for sharing.

stoxos Jul 22, 2016 2:42pm | Post# 22

{quote} hello stoxos you could just help me, how can you give up so there are two lines, I had to download and install your indicator but did not see it works, thank you for sharing.
Hi can you be more specific ? two variations of my indi or the combination of mine and TSVR ?

1. for the first case unfortunately you cant for some reason to have two or more Supertrendprofit4 at the same chart with different periods
  2. Second case i just use them with the same period which is 40

Hope i helped feel free to ask!

eaglefaith7 Jul 24, 2016 9:42am | Post# 23

Hey techlover can you display your trading rules with this indi.
1.)TP
2.) Stop loss
3.) Time frame traded ect.

techlover Jul 25, 2016 1:17am | Post# 24

Hey techlover can you display your trading rules with this indi. 1.)TP 2.) Stop loss 3.) Time frame traded ect.
Using M5 and M15 TF depending on the volatility of the pair

iam not using any TP or SL, closing trade if signal reverse

wwfool Jul 27, 2016 1:42pm | Post# 25

{quote} Using M5 and M15 TF depending on the volatility of the pair iam not using any TP or SL, closing trade if signal reverse
What pairs do you trade with this indicator most successfully?

Butterscotch Jul 28, 2016 2:16am | Post# 26

The ATR is a powerful tool, which I use in both my day trading and swing trading activities. So with which pair you use this indicator for more accurate results??

techlover Jul 28, 2016 2:44am | Post# 27

The ATR is a powerful tool, which I use in both my day trading and swing trading activities. So with which pair you use this indicator for more accurate results??
getting good results in GBPUSD, GBPJPY and USDCAD

Tekkies Aug 13, 2016 7:17pm | Post# 28

1 Attachment(s)
HI

Have a look at NonLagMA v71
It is the same as supertrendprofit
Play with the settings especial the Length
Length is the main setting to change. Set it to 34

NonLagMA v71.mq4

enjoy

hayseed Aug 13, 2016 9:00pm | Post# 29

1 Attachment(s)
Hello, I have been using a Indicator based on ATR from last 3 months
//----

hey techlover..... your post here was from long ago but perhaps your still around.... that indicator is really not based on the atr.... i used the atr to offset the arrows which are used to calculate the gain or loss between them.....

the base indicator is the hma, hull ma, which was adapted by wizard serg and igor.... i adapted their work by adding the moveable arrows, and later labels and later lines to teach peyton to trade..... she was little and needed something simple.....

mckayla's video below explains the functions..... it's rare that a single indicator on a single timeframe will be profitable standing alone..... such is the case with the tsr.....

every summer the girls must trade differently, but the tsr is always included.... this year peyton could only buy and makayla could only sell based on the self evident chart below.... mckenzie could buy or sell but had to trade a different pair other than the signaled pair..... such as if the eurusd diamonds chart below gave a sell signal, she had to sell something other than the eurusd.....

the tsr seems to work best when used in tandem with something.... at least that is my experience.....h

//------
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDUSDM2 diamonds.png
Size: 55 KB

ronguan Aug 14, 2016 2:47am | Post# 30

{quote} //---- hey techlover..... your post here was from long ago but perhaps your still around.... that indicator is really not based on the atr.... i used the atr to offset the arrows which are used to calculate the gain or loss between them..... the base indicator is the hma, hull ma, which was adapted by wizard serg and igor.... i adapted their work by adding the moveable arrows, and later labels and later lines to teach peyton to trade..... she was little and needed something simple..... mckayla's video below explains the functions..... it's...

Ohhh Man... Really..you want us to see this videos???

Please. What is this? Is it that simple. The Guy teaching a little Girl to Buy & Sell Forex with those lines.

Seriously. Grow up man.

hayseed Aug 14, 2016 8:27am | Post# 31

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Please. What is this? Is it that simple. The Guy teaching a little Girl to Buy & Sell Forex with those lines. Seriously. Grow up man.
//-----

hey ron..... no.... your correct..... it's not that simple..... but a person must start learning somewhere and usually that somewhere is with simple moving averages..... rarely do we begin with the most complex aspects.... peyton, who was just 4 at the time, was for some reason fond of that particular indicator ..... so it seemed to me to be a good first step toward learning.... we slowly built from there.....

and even now, 2 years later, they really do not comprehend most information that is on most charts we commonly see..... but they can grasp the colors red, green, yellow and buying or selling if everything agrees.... they do surprisingly well.....

in any event, my intent was not to imply trading was simple, again your correct, it's not.... removed the video's so not to offend anyone else..... but their trading chart stands..... i can back that up with their live trades.....h
//-----
Click to Enlarge

Name: stop.png
Size: 65 KB

Squiggles Aug 14, 2016 9:41am | Post# 32

{quote} //----- hey ron..... no.... your correct..... it's not that simple..... but a person must start learning somewhere and usually that somewhere is with simple moving averages..... rarely do we begin with the most complex aspects.... peyton, who was just 4 at the time, was for some reason fond of that particular indicator ..... so it seemed to me to be a good first step toward learning.... we slowly built from there..... and even now, 2 years later, they really do not comprehend most information that is on most charts we commonly see..... but...
Hi H , shame you took the vid down, sure most, like me, understood it for what it was and thought it was really cool. Hope all is well JJ

GalShafat Aug 14, 2016 11:16am | Post# 33

{quote} //----- hey ron..... no.... your correct..... it's not that simple..... but a person must start learning somewhere and usually that somewhere is with simple moving averages..... rarely do we begin with the most complex aspects.... peyton, who was just 4 at the time, was for some reason fond of that particular indicator ..... so it seemed to me to be a good first step toward learning.... we slowly built from there..... and even now, 2 years later, they really do not comprehend most information that is on most charts we commonly see..... but...

hi buddy where can i get your temp ?

hayseed Aug 14, 2016 9:17pm | Post# 34

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} hi buddy where can i get your temp ?
//---
..... hey g..... might try iceland or one of the poles..... bet iceland would be real nice to visit..... take care.....h

//------
{quote} thought it was really cool. Hope all is well JJ
//----

hey j.... me too.... but then i'm just a hayseed..... all is well here, hope yall are fine also..... stay cool.....h

ps..... peyton says hi and the lines and diamonds are red..... subject to change.....

//------
Click to Enlarge

Name: sell.png
Size: 51 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: sells.png
Size: 61 KB

TheDream Aug 14, 2016 9:29pm | Post# 35

{quote} //--- ..... hey g..... might try iceland or one of the poles..... bet iceland would be real nice to visit..... take care.....h //------ {quote} //---- hey j.... me too.... but then i'm just a hayseed..... all is well here, hope yall are fine also..... stay cool.....h ps..... peyton says hi and the lines and diamonds are red..... subject to change..... //------ {image} {image}
Nice indicator Hayseed, can you upload it ? I would like to have it too.

TheDream Aug 14, 2016 10:14pm | Post# 36

2 Attachment(s)
I have nice indicator too named buysellarrowscaper it need to come with moving average period 100 to filter the signal
Click to Enlarge

Name: indicator picture.jpg
Size: 260 KB
indicator power.rar

hesron Aug 14, 2016 10:39pm | Post# 37

1 Attachment(s)
thanks for share......
Click to Enlarge

Name: gj2.png
Size: 2.1 MB

COGSx86 Aug 14, 2016 11:59pm | Post# 38

Has any one thought of turning this into a trailing stop EA ?

metta87 Aug 16, 2016 10:53am | Post# 39

Does the tsr repaint ? I put it on renko with the smallest value and it seems it does repaint a lil, especially during consolidations. I dont know if it is cause im using renko or just a small value ( tsr 2) but i did see some repainting.
The HMA shared in this thread( which is the same as tsr) by diamondddw seems not to repaint when you switch the "price" parameter from 0 to 1.
Those are just my observations, im still playing with it.
Thanks.

ramzam Mar 29, 2017 7:19am | Post# 40

really nice one.... will follow this method.. 85 percent is amazing return

© Forex Factory