Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Simple RSI & EMA high Profitable ratio Strategy (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=599061)

emmanuel7788 Jul 18, 2016 8:10pm | Post# 41

{quote} emmanuel how do you avoid fake signals?? Lot of fake signals look closer: {image}

one way is to know when the market is sideways in a range, you avoid taking any trade setups and also look at recent swing high/low as support and resistance.
most trading methods are designed to trade in trending market condition but will not work efficiently when market is sideways.
that is obvious on that M5 chart you posted. that 1st 'negative' vertical line 2016.07.18 10:45 shows a big candle and after that the market went sideways.
avoid trading until there is breakout of that range.

emmanuel7788 Jul 18, 2016 8:40pm | Post# 42

{quote} ​Hi Emmanuel, Thanks for sharing back teste results what is the difference in both testing. sorry I was not able to understand . What is the Target Profit / SL or close criteria in 2nd testing Thanks

Hi MKFX,

both back-testing with GU and EU used the same parameters. important that the 3 timeframes Weekly, Daily and H4 RSI(21) must be above or below the level-50 as the basic rule to define the Buy or Sell condition.
Both the TP and SL set to use the market volatility ADR-100 days.
I use a minimum TP = 50pips, this means when the market is trending in favor of the trade, I will trail after the min TP 50pips is reached. The trade(s) will exit when the RSI M15 cross in the reverse direction.

regards,

harrah Jul 18, 2016 9:40pm | Post# 43

What's your backtest result of this strategy, because it is important to validate the consistency and profitability over the long term.

mkfx Jul 18, 2016 9:58pm | Post# 44

{quote} Hi MKFX, both back-testing with GU and EU used the same parameters. important that the 3 timeframes Weekly, Daily and H4 RSI(21) must be above or below the level-50 as the basic rule to define the Buy or Sell condition. Both the TP and SL set to use the market volatility ADR-100 days. I use a minimum TP = 50pips, this means when the market is trending in favor of the trade, I will trail after the min TP 50pips is reached. The trade(s) will exit when the RSI M15 cross in the reverse direction. regards,

Hi Emmanuel,

I belive both testings were based on SE/SE.
I am learning lot and progressing inch by inch not in hurry. i reached to 5% for this month till now and will see where i land end of month.

Thanks Emmanuel for your help.

Thanks

MK

ELgenius Jul 19, 2016 1:18am | Post# 45

hello Ahmed
thank you for sharing you strategy
My question .. is there time to use this strategy or not ??
what is the best time frame (1H or 4H) ?

Kubiasty Jul 19, 2016 5:29am | Post# 46

{quote} one way is to know when the market is sideways in a range, you avoid taking any trade setups and also look at recent swing high/low as support and resistance. most trading methods are designed to trade in trending market condition but will not work efficiently when market is sideways. that is obvious on that M5 chart you posted. that 1st 'negative' vertical line 2016.07.18 10:45 shows a big candle and after that the market went sideways. avoid trading until there is breakout of that range.
Can you mark on my print screen which range ??

avibe Jul 19, 2016 6:50am | Post# 47

2 Attachment(s)
2 ma cross - alerts & mtf nmc.ex4

3 MA Cross with alert mtf 3.02.ex4

ahmedabbas Jul 19, 2016 9:13am | Post# 48

hello Ahmed thank you for sharing you strategy My question .. is there time to use this strategy or not ?? what is the best time frame (1H or 4H) ?
Welcome Elgenius , better trading time is after open the London , NY markets and time frames both are compatible but its depend on pairs i.e H1 is better for EU/US and H4 for GBP/US , but you also need to check ADR

izeik Jul 19, 2016 10:54am | Post# 49

{quote} Thank you lghr
hi emanuel..pls share nur tpl..tq

emmanuel7788 Jul 19, 2016 3:24pm | Post# 50

1 Attachment(s)
GBPUSD July 19 H4 trade setup during London session.

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSD Week 29 Jul 19 H4 LS entry.png
Size: 32 KB

emmanuel7788 Jul 19, 2016 9:11pm | Post# 51

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Just wondering were do you see the set up? I would see 3 things against taking this trade cheers

Hi TEB63,

I look at the candles price action for the setup and using the RSI 21 and 5/12EMAs.
There were risk with that trade setup.

Please share what the 3 things you saw against taking that trade.

Below is my updated chart. I changed the background/foreground colors to have better color contrast.

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSD Jul 19 RSI 21 setup.png
Size: 33 KB

regards,

emmanuel7788 Jul 19, 2016 10:37pm | Post# 52

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Can you mark on my print screen which range ??

here, see my comments made on your UJ M5 chart posted.

always pay attention to big candles when we trade.
a big candle is one which high-low is largest when compare to the previous 3 to 5 candles before it.
These big candles are commonly known as Wide Range Bar aka WRB ( it is the price bar High - Low, not the body which is the Open and Close)

Use the WRB High - Low as support and resistance, i.e.

we sell at resistance and

buy as support in the direction of the higher timeframe 'trend'/direction.

Be patient when the price action is within the WRB High-Low range. Pick only the best setup to trade.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Kubiasty USDJPY M5 chart.png
Size: 245 KB

hsn100 Jul 20, 2016 5:47am | Post# 53

1 Attachment(s)
Just entered long, let's see??
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpusd-h1.png
Size: 43 KB

closed +12 pips

Kubiasty Jul 20, 2016 4:28pm | Post# 54

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi Ahmedabbas, I love trading strategy using the RSI and since I trade using RSI for more than 20 years. However, using the EMA crosses may not be the best add-on to the RSI strategy. Since you use the 5EMA, you may want to consider using the same 5-period MA but set that to show as a Price Channel instead. This way, you will eliminate the 'weak' crosses using the 5EMA /12EMA when market volatility is low and you can rely more on the price action and volatility. You do not need to rely on the EMA crosses but look at the price candles closing...
Emmanuel, hi
is this a correct entry on GOLD : ?
Consolidation breakout confirmation candle closed below consolidation, and below RSI 50
Click to Enlarge

Name: xauusd.png
Size: 51 KB

emmanuel7788 Jul 20, 2016 9:54pm | Post# 55

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Emmanuel, hi is this a correct entry on GOLD : ? Consolidation breakout confirmation candle closed below consolidation, and below RSI 50 {image}
market was sideways in the raneg of that H4 Wide Ranage Bar WRB.
possible entries which fit the RSI(21) 5EMA cross 12EMA rules, but with risks...
Click to Enlarge

Name: XAUUSD Week 29 H4 Jul 20.png
Size: 36 KB

rkkgs Jul 21, 2016 2:29am | Post# 56

Time frame : H1 , H4 In this Strategy , indicators are: 5-period Exponential Moving Average (EMA 5) applied to the Close. 12-period Exponential Moving Average (EMA 12) applied to the Close. 21-period RSI (RSI 21) Entry Rules for Long Trades: Its simple. We enter a long trade when EMA 5 crosses above EMA 12 to the upside AND our RSI 21 > 50 level and RSI Candles Green Entry Rules for Short Trades: Enter short when EMA 5 crosses EMA 12 to the downside AND RSI 21 < 50 level and RSI Candles Red SL/TP as you perceive feasible according to market/Pairs...
its possible create ea (robot)

thank you

advance

ahmedabbas Jul 21, 2016 5:15am | Post# 57

{quote} its possible create ea (robot) thank you advance

Yes its Possible

rkkgs Jul 21, 2016 1:18pm | Post# 58

{quote} Yes its Possible
dear coders

doing create ea

thank you

advance

TEB63 Jul 21, 2016 3:06pm | Post# 59

{quote} dear coders doing create ea thank you advance
I never seen an ea work with this system

But make sure you only code between 4am and 10am est
and make sure you code out major news events
these two things I have seen kill at least 20 ea

cheers

TEB

ahmedabbas Aug 27, 2016 2:29am | Post# 60

{quote} I never seen an ea work with this system But make sure you only code between 4am and 10am est and make sure you code out major news events these two things I have seen kill at least 20 ea cheers TEB
i have update the strategy , now result are more better and EA will be profitable

© Forex Factory