Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   London close trading system for currencies (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=598223)

xmess7 Nov 6, 2019 4:12pm | Post# 2201

1 Attachment(s)
Ok time to start posting results.
Still testing with smaller account

Got 1%. Today. Once I get this on a larger account I will post my preset...made minor changes..
J
Name:  0london.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  40 KB

ursinho4711 Nov 6, 2019 4:45pm | Post# 2202

...made minor changes..
I hope these minor changes will awake the EA on my account ;-)
No idea why it did not trade today. But no problem, anyway it was a good day...

ghostbiker Nov 6, 2019 4:58pm | Post# 2203

NO ! The EA fullfill the orders full auto with the rules on page 1 16:56 GMT

- TP per order 20 Pips

- I change only manually after the number of orders the day profit
and the EA closed automatically when the day profit is reached

today 3 orders + 1.8% win

ghostbiker Nov 6, 2019 6:18pm | Post# 2204

1 Attachment(s)
here us example the Chart from today GBPAUD order closed with TP 20 Pips

please note: the time for orders by London close trading must now 17:00 GMT = 18:00 London time + 1 hour is the Broker time

Click to Enlarge

Name: Londonclose.png
Size: 157 KB

ursinho4711 Nov 7, 2019 1:39am | Post# 2205

the time for orders by London close trading must now 17:00 GMT = 18:00 London time + 1 hour is the Broker time
Good morning!

Never I would question your expertise, but just one doubt (always a matter of discussions):

London is back on GMT since end of October, end of summer time. Means, that London time=GMT now.
Means, that the setting in the EA should be 16:00 GMT as London closes at 16:00 local time...

Might it be, that you made you nice wins despite wrong time settings?

Have a successful day @all!

ghostbiker Nov 7, 2019 7:40am | Post# 2206

yes now is London and GMT the same time

he he :-) my EA have not wrong time settings !! The EA start order 17:00 GMT (18:00 german time, 19:00 Broker time)

but 17:00 GMT / London = time for London close now / in the summer time 16:00 GMT / 17:00 London time

my time settings are every very well 17:00 GMT (18:00 german time the EA work with german time)

xmess7 Nov 7, 2019 9:53am | Post# 2207

{quote} I hope these minor changes will awake the EA on my account ;-) No idea why it did not trade today. But no problem, anyway it was a good day...
If it did not trade then it didn't find any signals.
U can verifying this by looking at your log. In the log the EA shows the fib levels and other stuff for each pair it analyzes. You can then compare that to the actual pair by opening one chart, setting up the indicator, then u just drag each pair on to the chart. Your eyes will immediately know if the EA was correct or not.
This was tested extensively before. Go to the
https://github.com//xmess7
And select the London close section. There u will find videos. In one of the videos I show how to do this and how to test if the EA missed trades.

Jess

xmess7 Nov 7, 2019 9:54am | Post# 2208

yes now is London and GMT the same time he he :-) my EA have not wrong time settings !! The EA start order 17:00 GMT (18:00 german time, 19:00 Broker time) but 17:00 GMT / London = time for London close now / in the summer time 16:00 GMT / 17:00 London time my time settings are every very well 17:00 GMT (18:00 german time the EA work with german time)
Hey ghost. Thnx for the confirmation on gmt start time

ghostbiker Nov 7, 2019 9:55am | Post# 2209

No orders no signals

I click only on a pair in front and I have the pair chart with the london close indicator
so I can control all pairs if I wanted

I have the distance to 23.6 / 76.4 with 8 Pips and TP 20 Pips

xmess7 Nov 7, 2019 9:56am | Post# 2210

{quote} I hope these minor changes will awake the EA on my account ;-) No idea why it did not trade today. But no problem, anyway it was a good day...
Hey missing trades is not a bad thing.
It should be part of every traders plan to skip trades that just don't meet requirements.

ursinho4711 Nov 7, 2019 3:35pm | Post# 2211

{quote} Hey missing trades is not a bad thing. It should be part of every traders plan to skip trades that just don't meet requirements.
Totally agree... missing Forex trades gives time for taking a look on other opportunities. Like Gold today... ;-)

xmess7 Nov 7, 2019 5:06pm | Post# 2212

1 Attachment(s)
Profit for today 3.4%
Profit for the week 4.79%
Name:  0london.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  49 KB

ursinho4711 Nov 7, 2019 5:13pm | Post# 2213

Profit for today 3.4%
What the *** did I do wrong today... ah, did you enter one hour later again? 18:00 GMT is one hour later than the time we just discussed about in the above posts...

Any other different settings compared to the set-files from the github-download?

Gold made my day... hope ya'll can sleep well!

xmess7 Nov 7, 2019 5:20pm | Post# 2214

{quote} What the *** did I do wrong today... ah, did you enter one hour later again? 18:00 GMT is one hour later than the time we just discussed about in the above posts... Any other different settings compared to the set-files from the github-download? Gold made my day... hope ya'll can sleep well!
I been trying one hour later on purpose. I started before the hour change. Plus I now have a set stop loss's where before l would manually stop it. So far the stats are showing consistent. Yes there are losing days but so far they are few compared to the winners.

I have always liked trading in the quiet low volume hours. Don't know why but I always tend to see profit during these times and the LC seems to be th perfect fit for it.

ursinho4711 Nov 7, 2019 5:24pm | Post# 2215

Don't know why but I always tend to see profit during these times and the LC seems to be th perfect fit for it.
Yeah, I tried the EA in the morning (German time), just to see whether it works. Had 0,47% in half an hour...

******edit********
Hi Jess!

I realized that you are using V33 already. Any substantial changes in code and/or setup?
Is there anything I can do to help you with the coding or testing?

Have a great day @all!

xmess7 Nov 8, 2019 3:16am | Post# 2216

{quote} Yeah, I tried the EA in the morning (German time), just to see whether it works. Had 0,47% in half an hour... ******edit******** Hi Jess! I realized that you are using V33 already. Any substantial changes in code and/or setup? Is there anything I can do to help you with the coding or testing? Have a great day @all!
The only real changes concern the open hour. On the current version, once in a while you may find that no trades are taken, even though some pairs showed signals. One thing you can do for now is load the EA manually each day or once a week (beginning preferable), then you should be ok. I noticed this discrepancy cause I run the EA 24/7,and when the market re-opens on Monday (or Sunday), sometimes the gmt variables get shifted. That can cause the open hour to be shifted so you will miss possible valid signals etc etc.
That is the major change with v33. The other's are cosmetic. Like for example the button and panel can now be Minimized, so you can use the space if you need it to see other indicators or whatever.

The core operations of the EA with all of the rules of pg1 and the money management have been tested many times and those are spot on. Its little stuff like what I mention above that I want to finish up.

The idea is to have the EA perform as per pg1 and have its money management place for when orders are opened. The other thing that the EA takes care of is analyzing any number of pairs you tell it to. So hence automated . The only thing you should do is just monitor its operation, make sure it is ON, LOL and control your risk and profit levels.

Peace
Jess

ursinho4711 Nov 8, 2019 2:25pm | Post# 2217

3 trades, 11,1 pips (0,86%)
Opened the EA twice, at 17:00 GMT and 18:15 GMT. Closed the orders manually.
It was an interesting week again.

C y'all on Sunday evening and enjoy your weekend!

xmess7 Nov 8, 2019 3:07pm | Post# 2218

1 Attachment(s)
3 trades, 11,1 pips (0,86%) Opened the EA twice, at 17:00 GMT and 18:15 GMT. Closed the orders manually. It was an interesting week again. C y'all on Sunday evening and enjoy your weekend!
I just closed my basket for a profit of 0.62%. Total profit for week 5.44%

When I opened the terminal I found that 1 trade had already closed for a 1.15% gain. There were still 4 open trades and floating at around -0.7 to -0.6%.
Typically I will use the good ole SEE PROFIT CLOSE PROFIT approach but I let the open trades run a little more and sure enough they moved up to a floating loss of -0.5%. Closed it right then.

Nice week. lets see what the new week brings us...

Peace
Jess
Name:  Screenshot2.png
Views: 165
Size:  25 KB

ghostbiker Nov 9, 2019 8:35am | Post# 2219

London close EA

- 11.07.2019 3 orders TP closed + 3.3%

- 11.08.2019 2 orders TP closed + 1.6%

good week ended

ursinho4711 Nov 9, 2019 2:53pm | Post# 2220

good week ended
Congrats!

Sorry if I have to bother y'all again... but if we use the same strategy (which is implemented in the EA) we should have more or less the same results.
If not, there must be deltas in the settings, right?

I also had two orders on Friday evening and I followed the development of the profit. But I never came close to the 1.6% that Ghost finally had.

Which parameters of the EA-setting made the difference?

Thanks and enjoy your weekend!

© Forex Factory