Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Generic Breakout EA 7 (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=594169)

Cizz Jun 9, 2016 4:28am | Post# 1

Generic Breakout EA 7

Cizz Jun 9, 2016 4:31am | Post# 2

1 Attachment(s)
This is my best 4 year back test
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 48 KB

blamshakk Jun 9, 2016 8:08am | Post# 3

what timeframe and pairs?

shadowfear Jun 9, 2016 8:22am | Post# 4

can you post SET file, timeframe, pair used and reference to the original site of the EA or at least a manual?

Thanks in advance

putrimawarfx Jun 9, 2016 10:05am | Post# 5

nice breakout
but can you show me your set, timeframe and pair?

Cizz Jun 9, 2016 10:38am | Post# 6

1 Attachment(s)
I will share the settings soon, although I would prefer that you find your own settings for the good of the community and post them here, these only trade once a day so it's nice to have 5 or 6 setups running

Heres the manual
Generic breakout ea settings.pdf

NorthStar Jun 9, 2016 12:06pm | Post# 7

What timeframe do you use, itīs not in the manual and pair

NorthStar Jun 9, 2016 12:15pm | Post# 8

Canīt you share one set file, itīs so many settings possibilities inside the ea

suneth2 Jun 9, 2016 12:35pm | Post# 9

Hello
can you share your set file and whats the best currency pairs sofar, i'm going to add this EA to my VPS and check the results,
If you can provide settings set file i highly appreciate that.

Cizz Jun 9, 2016 7:30pm | Post# 10

I trade 15 minute time-frame and try to use low spread pairs.

If I give away away my settings then there's no real point to this post, don't be lazy guys run your own backtests learn how it works (like i did) then we can talk about sharing ideas.

suneth2 Jun 10, 2016 11:50am | Post# 11

I tried to run EA on GBPUSD pair but for past 48 hours it didn't open trades, I'm not sure it because of settings or something else

Cizz Jun 10, 2016 7:03pm | Post# 12

I tried to run EA on GBPUSD pair but for past 48 hours it didn't open trades, I'm not sure it because of settings or something else
Try putting enc broker true

turn tick database false

and 5 digit broker true

vhk.fxt Jun 11, 2016 3:59am | Post# 13

Hey's guys I have been trading this EA for about 3 months and have had some solid returns at least $5000 profit Generic Breakout EA 7 Ronald Raygun created it and props to him! Its a basic Channel breakout EA but with many filters I'm posting this as I have only been trading off this years backtest data and im sure they won't work this well forever I would like to find some more longer term settings backtesting well over 5 years This takes time maybe 2 hours per backtest so I would love some input from you guys and share your settings Attach profitable...

I get this in my journal Generic Breakout Version 7 [TD] GBPJPY,M15: Alert: Please enable DLLs any ideas?

EDIT: it was the min max range

ygnhzeus Jun 13, 2016 1:47am | Post# 14

{quote} Try putting enc broker true turn tick database false and 5 digit broker true
Not working , I can't get any open order neither.

vin86 Jun 13, 2016 3:04pm | Post# 15

I can help to do backtest or optimization

PainKillerRO Jun 15, 2016 12:39pm | Post# 16

1 Attachment(s)
I trade 15 minute time-frame and try to use low spread pairs. If I give away away my settings then there's no real point to this post, don't be lazy guys run your own backtests learn how it works (like i did) then we can talk about sharing ideas.
Hi, I've been looking for something like this for some time now, and I'm optimizing it.
Do you have ant clue about why does it take a lifetime to make an optimization pass? I mean, I'm optimizing 3 years of data.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 22 KB

Cizz Jun 15, 2016 8:22pm | Post# 17

{quote} Hi, I've been looking for something like this for some time now, and I'm optimizing it. Do you have ant clue about why does it take a lifetime to make an optimization pass? I mean, I'm optimizing 3 years of data. {image}
Cool man I just run mine manually
When it optimizes it runs dozens of backtests over and over changing the settings to find the best combination

© Forex Factory