Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What Would You Do Differently Today for Better Trading Results? (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=589295)

KeenPips Nov 20, 2016 10:47am | Post# 361

{quote} Thank your kindness, sir.
Nice spirit, Noorx.

KP

TooSlow Nov 20, 2016 11:30am | Post# 362

{quote} Price behaves differently in different timeframes.
Really?
When price is going up in M1, is price going down in another time frame?
Please, show me an example of this!
Then all I have to do is switch to another time frame and loss becomes profit!!

TooSlow Nov 20, 2016 11:34am | Post# 363

{quote} The most rudimentary comparison of volatility,standard deviation. USD/JPY in different TF {image}{image}{image}
You are comparing apples to oranges.

TooSlow Nov 20, 2016 11:36am | Post# 364

{quote} Hi, Tardi! You have no need to prove anything to anybody in FF. You have your rules and you trade by them. If anybody wants to try your rules, he should respectfully ask you for details. It is unethical, by FF code of conduct, to put fellow members to ridicule. I made this clear in my #1 post at the beginning of this thread. Let's respect one another, we are all in the same boat. Trade safe. KP
Traders need to separate fact from fiction/opinion and concepts from reality.
False beliefs can cause losses when applied.

Tardigrade Nov 20, 2016 11:53am | Post# 365

{quote} Really? When price is going up in M1, is price going down in another time frame? Please, show me an example of this! Then all I have to do is switch to another time frame and loss becomes profit!!

LMAO

KeenPips Nov 20, 2016 12:52pm | Post# 366

{quote} Traders need to separate fact from fiction/opinion and concepts from reality. False beliefs can cause losses when applied.
Yes, but respect is to be shown to all. You can point out your disagreement with others in a respectful manner. Btw, we seem to be getting personal, which is not the focus of this thread. Let's focus on sharing what we have learnt recently that can help other fellow traders.

KP

KeenPips Nov 20, 2016 2:29pm | Post# 367

One of the things I learned recently is to review the criteria I use for the pre-week scan and analysis of the pairs on my watch list. This has resulted in making my analysis more efficient and the pairs that I select more amenable to my trading techniques. Trade safe.

KP

The Fool Nov 20, 2016 2:32pm | Post# 368

Be more patient, more selective; trade less, take only the very best trades.

fighterdude Nov 20, 2016 2:33pm | Post# 369

Cut my losses shorter!

KeenPips Nov 20, 2016 2:35pm | Post# 370

Be more patient, more selective; trade less, take only the very best trades.
Thank you, your solid experience testifies to the wisdom in your input.

KP

TooSlow Nov 20, 2016 4:40pm | Post# 371

{quote} Yes, but respect is to be shown to all. You can point out your disagreement with others in a respectful manner. Btw, we seem to be getting personal, which is not the focus of this thread. Let's focus on sharing what we have learnt recently that can help other fellow traders. KP
Respect can be given or earned.

whateveridon Nov 20, 2016 7:45pm | Post# 372

{quote} Whatever, thanks for trying to help others. However, let us show respect in our language; even if you believe some people here are dumb, I think you should keep it to yourself or wait for them to show they are dumb. Trade safe. KP
Say that someone is dumb is not an offense, I respect the people. Thanks keen for the information.

KeenPips Nov 25, 2016 12:59am | Post# 373

Have you tried reducing the number of indicators on your chart to the barest minimum? For me, as I still believe in using moving averages, particularly for direction, I still use EMAs. How many? I now use only one EMA, purely for direction and alignment of direction across the higher time frames.

KP

whateveridon Nov 25, 2016 2:14am | Post# 374

Have you tried reducing the number of indicators on your chart to the barest minimum? For me, as I still believe in using moving averages, particularly for direction, I still use EMAs. How many? I now use only one EMA, purely for direction and alignment of direction across the higher time frames. KP
No. I not tried reducing the number of indicators on my chart to the barest minimum. How many about what?. But I think that I can see if I can kick the candlestick indicator to see only the numbers of prices. Excellent idea for investigation. I will watch the price direction and low speed relativity of prices from different angles and different ways.

KeenPips Nov 28, 2016 12:14pm | Post# 375

One of the things I learned in the last few weeks is to improve on the accuracy of my market reading and technical analysis. What about you, what you have learnt recently that could make you a better trader? Trade safe.

KP

aediaz1 Nov 28, 2016 5:19pm | Post# 376

I should never trade when I'm emotionally unstable - meaning if i'm under stress, or I just had a fight, or generally in bad mood. Because my emotions overshadow the logic and clear thinking resulting in bad trading habits and losses.
That is actually a good tips that will save people from a lot trouble in life - including losing money. The trick is to recognize when one are operating from a busy mind.

Try to i.e play Chess or cash games like Poker in good mood vs bad mood. The results are stunning.

KeenPips Dec 2, 2016 6:14am | Post# 377

Make sure you are not guilty of this, system-perfectionism. Read this article: Perfectionism?

KP

mohsinali Dec 2, 2016 7:07am | Post# 378

Try to be consistent....

KeenPips Dec 2, 2016 7:10am | Post# 379

Try to be consistent....
To be consistently profitable is key. The issue is 'how to become consistent.' A lot has to do with efficiency and discipline in trading and continuous improvement.

KP

Mu Umer Dec 2, 2016 8:51am | Post# 380

I started my trading career in August 2012 , what I know after 4 years of trading if I had known it , at that time ( August 2012 ) I would have done following things.

1--I would have worked only on weekly, daily, H4 charts only, any time frame below these TFs are just noise.
2-- I would have payed more attention to Elliot wave analysis, for the sake of Analysis it is the best method.
3-- I would have never risked real money without first having a sound verified system, a system without proper SL and crystal clear exits.
4-- I would have never listened to analysts who work for various brokers like fxcm etc.
5-- I would have taken only 1% risk on all my trades.
6-- I would have never downloaded any trading system from forexfactory or any other website .

© Forex Factory