Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/11-trading-discussion)
-   -   What Would You Do Differently Today for Better Trading Results? (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/589295-what-would-you-do-differently-today-for-better)

KeenPips May 1, 2016 6:05pm | Post# 1

What Would You Do Differently Today for Better Trading Results?

Trading better today, and every day, is key to consistent trading success. As past performance is no guarantee for future results, what would you do differently today for trading success? Which one thing would you focus on today to be a better trader? What did you learn last week that you would apply this week for better trading results?

I am starting this thread to focus on the central purpose of FF: To learn and to share. Over 90% of FF members joined FF primarily because of that purpose. However, along the line some members tend to come to a dangerous position of overconfidence, to the point that there is nothing else they feel they can learn; and worse, demonizing other fellow traders for taking positions contrary to theirs. This thread wants to be different. The thread is open to FF members who share the value of continuous improvement and careful trading to share their trading experience and ideas. But let's keep things simple and direct; let's avoid being recklessly judgmental, exhibitionist or offensive/abusive. Let's do things by the FF code of ethics, with emphasis on respect for fellow members. If you are sharing videos, charts, pictures or any form of attachments, please add a summary statement that simply makes the point you are conveying.

KP

KeenPips May 2, 2016 1:25am | Post# 2

Trading better today, and every day, is key to consistent trading success. What did you learn last week that could enhance your trading this week? For me, one thing I learnt last week is to maser a few pairs and trade less of them.

KP

KeenPips May 3, 2016 7:56am | Post# 3

Trading better today, and every day, is key to consistent trading success. What would you do differently today for trading success? For me, earlier today, I failed to get clarity on the EG I went southward on before I did. A lesson for me, which I need to apply for trading success in future is: Wait for clarity; let the market decide what it wants to do.

KP

KeenPips May 4, 2016 5:04am | Post# 4

As past performance is no guarantee for future results, what would you do today for trading success?

KP

KeenPips May 4, 2016 12:57pm | Post# 5

What have you learned today that could help you trade better tomorrow? For me, today I learn how to use fewer MAs. As I have not yet mastered trading naked charts, I rely on the use of MAs. I am now learning to use two MAs instead of four.

KP

KeenPips May 5, 2016 4:44am | Post# 6

Did you learn anything last week for better trading today? If yes, share your experience here. Green pips to you.

KP

ValentinoFx. May 5, 2016 5:00am | Post# 7

I should never trade when I'm emotionally unstable - meaning if i'm under stress, or I just had a fight, or generally in bad mood. Because my emotions overshadow the logic and clear thinking resulting in bad trading habits and losses.

KeenPips May 5, 2016 5:06am | Post# 8

I should never trade when I'm emotionally unstable - meaning if i'm under stress, or I just had a fight, or generally in bad mood. Because my emotions overshadow the logic and clear thinking resulting in bad trading habits and losses.
Thanks for sharing.

Aussi May 5, 2016 5:07am | Post# 9

What have you learned today that could help you trade better tomorrow? For me, today I learn how to use fewer MAs. As I have not yet mastered trading naked charts, I rely on the use of MAs. I am now learning to use two MAs instead of four. KP
go and find a indicator called flo2 and put it on your chart allways room for learning on forex keenpips good luck

KeenPips May 5, 2016 5:09am | Post# 10

{quote} go and find a indicator called flo2 and put it on your chart allways room for learning on forex keenpips good luck
Thanks Aussi.

Tpak May 5, 2016 5:37am | Post# 11

plan the trade and then execute as per plans

KeenPips May 5, 2016 5:42am | Post# 12

plan the trade and then execute as per plans
Trading your trading plan is key; and it requires discipline. Thanks Tpak

Fadhl May 5, 2016 5:43am | Post# 13

For your awareness, I already published this idea in an another thread "Really Useless Thread" (which I encourage you to visit because there is a Master person Mr Sisse who provides an amazing stuff). It's only my view, a view of a newbie with little experience.
I learned that the market is so manipulated by big players and we, retailers, have to find our way to have a "nano" profit with them.
For instance I think the current market context has one thyme: weakening/devaluating the US $ until Fall (US election).

KeenPips May 5, 2016 5:48am | Post# 14

For your awareness, I already published this idea in an another thread "Really Useless Thread" (which I encourage you to visit because there is a Master person Mr Sisse who provides an amazing stuff). It's only my view, a view of a newbie with little experience. I learned that the market is so manipulated by big players and we, retailers, have to find our way to have a "nano" profit with them. For instance I think the current market context has one thyme: weakening/devaluating the US $ until Fall (US election).
Thanks Fadhl. This thread is for sharing pertinent lessons of practical trading experience and focusing on doing better at Forex trading for consistent trading success. Green pips to you.

KP

Fadhl May 5, 2016 7:00am | Post# 15

{quote} Thanks Fadhl. This thread is for sharing pertinent lessons of practical trading experience and focusing on doing better at Forex trading for consistent trading success. Green pips to you. KP
​That's fine, I see your point! GL

LizardGizzard May 5, 2016 7:38am | Post# 16

Never deviate from your system. After some success, you will be tempted to outsmart the markets (which you can't). Have a definable set of rules and stick with them. Being consistent, slow and steady is vital.

KeenPips May 5, 2016 7:42am | Post# 17

Never deviate from your system. After some success, you will be tempted to outsmart the markets (which you can't). Have a definable set of rules and stick with them. Being consistent, slow and steady is vital.
Thanks LG. This is much in line with the success stories of some market wizards I read about. Green pips to you.

KP

mrhb30jr May 5, 2016 8:11am | Post# 18

Keep journal your trade, learned from ur journal ...

KeenPips May 5, 2016 9:01am | Post# 19

Agreed; journalling one's trade is key. Green pips to you.
Keep journal your trade, learned from ur journal ...

mytrader1961 May 5, 2016 9:33am | Post# 20

1 Stick to your plan - not easy but can be done
2 Screenshot every trade, winners and losers, review your trading each day, week and month.
3. Print your losers out and see if you can find any patterns

Tip - looking back over periods of trades, you will see a different perspective

Tip - after decades of trading- there are 2 reasons a trade has not worked out - the markets proved you wrong or the trader did something wrong. Occasionally there will be brokers issues.

MT

© Forex Factory