Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Pivot Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=588764)

Davit Apr 27, 2016 9:44am | Post# 1

7 Attachment(s)
General guidelines
Trolls,Time Wasters,Spoon feeders,disruptors will be removed without notice.Thread will stay clean and on principles it is shared.

1st page under construction
Disclaimer
Pivot trading is advance trading requiring both psychological and technical experience in Forex.
I require 2 yrs minimum trading experience trading my system.What it may appear easy its very deceptive, in reality you can lose your account without proper account management.Not responsible for your gains or losses!
Violators will be removed!

Any indicator other then on this system uploaded without permission will result your immediate removal from the thread.

"In the time of your life, live—so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.”

William Saroyan,The time of your Life

At Pivot Trading we slay the price------ Judith Beheading Holofernes by Caravaggio

Indicators
If your pivots are off more then 10pips you can adjust it by going to settings -set broker candle false and adjust time zone -/or +1234567 whichever number gets you close then you are good.
Not sure on pivot levels then go here and check (make sure its weekly and fibs)
News indicator

Please use my template and indicators so we can be all on same page
Offenders using other indicators will be removed without notice
Stop Loss
This is advance trading hence I am going to let you decide this for yourself.What I do is not relevant since my account is larger then typical retail trader which is 2-10k and I manage it what works for me.Having said this letting 500 loss become 10k loss is idiotic no matter what size the account is.You must have exit plan.

How to trade pivots
Zone 61-100 usually areas where swings fail and you can counter trade or trade with the trend.Works both ways
Weekly Pivots are equilibrium creating bias below sell above buy.I usually trade 61-100 however have made trades above or below WP
Watch PA its the queen (chess analogy) !I prefer to see minimum 15-30 min candles red or green before entering a trade however this is aggressive and I have years of experience and more conservative approach is wait for 1hr to h4 candles.You may lose some pips waiting out but could also save you pips by not getting in early.

Calendar Events
I maybe only trader here at FF in systems who combines technical with fundamentals.By knowing in advance what's coming up I can tailor suit my trades for greater edge! Example post 5062 how I go around Calendar analyses.Its recommended you do this before Monday every week or don't expect to have my results.
Great site for Price Action highly recommend to read.

I stopped using TDI but if you feel comfortable using its fine just letting you guys know I don't anymore.
post https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...1#post11905061

Pairs I often trade and recommend

All majors minus (USD/CHF) if you don't know what is major you should not be here
Favorite Crosses often traded

CJ AJ NJ NC AC
AN EC EG EA

Commodity pairs and their relevant crosses are my favorites.

Pairs don't recommend
GN GJ GA all variations of CHF should be avoided.
Hyper pairs like I mentioned are in my experience don't fall into position building well and if got it wrong can be account draining.Ironically where lots of noobs get killed.I seriously think if you don't have solid experience and know what you are doing you should not even have GJ GN GA on your charts.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Caravaggio-Pintura-Francia-Arte_115499794_3402427_1706x960.jpg
Size: 208 KB
Magnified Market Price.ex4
Pivot_Voty.mq4
Davits Pivot V3.2 Auto.mq4
pipsometer_decimal_edit_2.mq4
ADR_v2(1).ex4
Pivot Davit.tpl

Davit Apr 27, 2016 9:47am | Post# 2

1 Attachment(s)
EG is at support now
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURGBPDaily.png
Size: 38 KB

Davit Apr 27, 2016 9:58am | Post# 3

1 Attachment(s)
March,April gain 60% combined hit average above 10% a month
I trade aggressively by building positions.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 5 KB

Davit Apr 27, 2016 10:05am | Post# 4

1 Attachment(s)
note GU not being able to break 78R
Could after the Feds but so far not.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDH1.png
Size: 38 KB

Arshamv Apr 27, 2016 10:15am | Post# 5

would you please put one of your 15min trading chart?

Davit Apr 27, 2016 10:17am | Post# 6

1 Attachment(s)
would you please put one of your 15min trading chart?
sure its the same chart I use on all time frames.Zooming out you can see S/R pivots better then drop down to 15min for entry
Beauty of pivots don't change until week is over unlike repainting indicators lines are there no matter which TF you look.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDM15.png
Size: 42 KB

Arshamv Apr 27, 2016 10:25am | Post# 7

{quote} sure its the same chart I use on all time frames.Zooming out you can see S/R pivots better then drop down to 15min for entry Beauty of pivots don't change until week is over unlike repainting indicators lines are there no matter which TF you look. {image}
thanks, how you enter and exit of a trade with this system,,which of your tools confirm a buy or sell signal after price hit the pivots

cchersia Apr 27, 2016 10:25am | Post# 8

Hi guys love pivots! love TDI which is RSI+MA rest of fluff I took it out. Here is how to trade pivots. As price travels progressively away from weekly pivot it becomes more likely to go into correction. 61 S/R key zone 78R/S is Scott Carney's last chance for reversal (spikes stops taken before reversal) 100R/S another major zone. Should price smash 100 S/R then you are in strong trend supported by fundamentals. Pivots can be traded both with the trend and against.I personally don't subscribe to typical bookish mentally that if previous H4 is bear...
Thanks Davit for opening an Excellent thread.
Good Luck and we keeping touch !

CC

Davit Apr 27, 2016 10:29am | Post# 9

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} thanks, how you enter and exit of a trade with this system,,which of your tools confirm a buy or sell signal after price hit the pivots
TDI lines green crossing the black 15-30min chart and Price action agreeing

I will post few of my latest trades to show
Its important to understand that pivots are zones and not exact number.Often price can fluctuate 10-20pips before turning.
I trade UC a lot so here is a trade I gained over 300pips in 2 positions.
Note price testing 100R again
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCADH1.png
Size: 47 KB

Davit Apr 27, 2016 10:30am | Post# 10

{quote} Thanks Davit for opening an Excellent thread. Good Luck and we keeping touch ! CC
Lets pile the $$ welcome

cchersia Apr 27, 2016 10:40am | Post# 11

{quote} Lets pile the $$ welcome

Thanks again !

mosiskv Apr 27, 2016 10:47am | Post# 12

[quote=Davit;8895665]Hi guys love pivots! love TDI which is RSI+MA rest of fluff I took it out.

Hi

Good Luck!

Cheers

fibosniper Apr 27, 2016 10:49am | Post# 13

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, Davit

I'm interested using your Davits Pivot V2 - Copy and TDI.
I compare your GU chart and mine.
There's a different position for every pivot line.
I'm using default setting for Davit's Pivot indicator.

Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpusd-h1-trading-point-of.png
Size: 39 KB

Which broker do you use?
Are you using different setting for pivot indicator?

Thanks.

Davit Apr 27, 2016 10:50am | Post# 14

2 Attachment(s)
Pivots are road signs just like driving.Price never goes straight up or down (look up Elliot Wave theory)
Pivots places grid over price hence makes trading more successful.
No different then in archeology or arts
Name:  archeology-dig-3146561.jpg
Views: 380614
Size:  80 KB
Name:  Artist-Painting-A-Portrait-Over-A-Grid-For-Accurate-Proportion.jpg
Views: 379885
Size:  63 KB

Davit Apr 27, 2016 10:55am | Post# 15

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, Davit I'm interested using your Davits Pivot V2 - Copy and TDI. I compare your GU chart and mine. There's a different position for every pivot line. I'm using default setting for Davit's Pivot indicator. {image} Which broker do you use? Are you using different setting for pivot indicator? Thanks.
I use Oanda NY and if you trading from East like New Zealand Australia day starts earlier and may effect the pivots.There is broker time adjustments on inputs.You can play with it see if yours match with mine.If fails try broker time false
Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 377419
Size:  19 KB

cchersia Apr 27, 2016 10:58am | Post# 16

Hi, Davit I'm interested using your Davits Pivot V2 - Copy and TDI. I compare your GU chart and mine. There's a different position for every pivot line. I'm using default setting for Davit's Pivot indicator. {image} Which broker do you use? Are you using different setting for pivot indicator? Thanks.
I have Same here Fibos!

Davit Apr 27, 2016 11:01am | Post# 17

Not recommending trading now. With Feds coming up markets will go in erratic spikes so not worth it.Wait after the FEds.Market will be there

Davit Apr 27, 2016 11:10am | Post# 18

1 Attachment(s)
Nice 30min textbook trade
Missed it,was sleeping.Potential to go higher
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURGBPM30.png
Size: 41 KB

Caa Apr 27, 2016 11:41am | Post# 19

Hi Fibo,

My pivot lines look exactly like yours. I am also using Davits Pivot V2..

hi Davit,

I am having trouble with TMS Angleator v3 rt2, whenever I put it on my chart it "eats" the last part of the TDI graph and I can't see the background of the indicator window.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Davit Apr 27, 2016 11:45am | Post# 20

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi Fibo, My pivot lines look exactly like yours. I am also using Davits Pivot V2.. hi Davit, I am having trouble with TMS Angleator v3 rt2, whenever I put it on my chart it "eats" the last part of the TDI graph and I can't see the background of the indicator window. Any suggestion? Thanks
Use transparent color on background
Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 376276
Size:  17 KB

Caa Apr 27, 2016 11:47am | Post# 21

{quote} Use transparent color on background {image}

Thanks Davit

fibosniper Apr 27, 2016 12:25pm | Post# 22

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} I use Oanda NY and if you trading from East like New Zealand Australia day starts earlier and may effect the pivots.There is broker time adjustments on inputs.You can play with it see if yours match with mine.If fails try broker time false {image}
{quote} I have Same here Fibos!
{quote} Hi Fibo, My pivot lines look exactly like yours. I am also using Davits Pivot V2.. hi Davit, I am having trouble with TMS Angleator v3 rt2, whenever I put it on my chart it "eats" the last part of the TDI graph and I can't see the background of the indicator window. Any suggestion? Thanks
I'm trying to adjust a new setting for pivot. And it looked like below (M15):
Click to Enlarge

Name: VoAxPmo.png
Size: 71 KB

lafemo Apr 27, 2016 1:06pm | Post# 23

Hi Davit, really appreciate your effort.

Please, these levels, i mean the R, and S are they for the month or for the week?

Thanks.

Davit Apr 27, 2016 1:20pm | Post# 24

Hi Davit, really appreciate your effort. Please, these levels, i mean the R, and S are they for the month or for the week? Thanks.
Trading is about paying attention.The answer is on my 1st post 3rd sentence.By you asking this it looks like you just skimped reading which makes me feel you are not taking trading seriously.
Its all good only handful of you will make it.That's just stats.Guys who pay attention look at Price action follow fundemetal news cut losses early are all winning attributes which contribute to having an edge.Nothing comes without effort.

"As price travels progressively away from weekly pivot it becomes more likely to go into correction."

Lots of great set up anticipating after the Feds either direction.Should USD get too strong then we sell and VS
Generally like Canadian dollar and my favorite pairs are UC AC AU NU

Davit Apr 27, 2016 1:57pm | Post# 25

live fed coverage
http://www.bloomberg.com/live

Davit Apr 27, 2016 2:09pm | Post# 26

1 Attachment(s)
so far bulls and bears fighting and no clear direction
Feds throwing mixed signals.Will wait to see the winner of this battle
If you had stops this is what happens! Look at the spike on GU interestingly exactly on pivot
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDM30.png
Size: 41 KB

Davit Apr 27, 2016 9:20pm | Post# 27

1 Attachment(s)
Closed NU shorts +148pips in 5positions.
Feel its going to go up ranging so taking my $$ out
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDUSDM15.png
Size: 30 KB

Kmw Apr 28, 2016 12:01am | Post# 28

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Use transparent color on background {image}
I use a way that moves angleator across to the other side of the screen getting it completely away from that tdi leading edge. On placing the indicator into the chart adjust Panel x-axis offset, mines currently at 1200. I did have it set on 1500 but I noticed if I wanted the indicator panel showing angleator would be covered by that. I've left the background set on because I don't like the messy look of tdi showing through angleator.

Panel location just above Panel X-axis offset is the other way of adjustment I tried but it has a few weird effects, one of which showed angleator upside down, and the other had the background separated from the rest of the panel. Dunno what's going on there

Note; This indicator because it is an mq4 can also be altered via metaediter.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2016-04-28_1540.png
Size: 22 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2016-04-28_1600.png

Kmw Apr 28, 2016 1:17am | Post# 29

Okay, back to topic, I digress

sjam.achmadi Apr 28, 2016 2:23am | Post# 30

EG is at support now {image}
Hi David, nice to read your sharing in this thread...I have download all your indi, unfortunately mine can not read file .ex4
Could you help convert it to mq4 please, thx

Davit Apr 28, 2016 12:13pm | Post# 31

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi David, nice to read your sharing in this thread...I have download all your indi, unfortunately mine can not read file .ex4 Could you help convert it to mq4 please, thx
check 1st page done.
AU testing 38S potentially again.Hope you guys cashing on this.
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDUSDM15.png
Size: 40 KB

catalin_eros Apr 29, 2016 3:47am | Post# 32

Nice 30min textbook trade Missed it,was sleeping.Potential to go higher {image}
Hi, Davit!

Gladly subscribed to your new thread! I am just trying to gather as much knowledge as I can from many different good traders.

My question is: in this EG trade that you posted, if after PA broke the pivot, the TDI would have given a bounce to the downside, would you have gone short? Or you just use PP as trampoline and you only expect trades to bounce back?

Davit Apr 30, 2016 8:17am | Post# 33

{quote} Hi, Davit! Gladly subscribed to your new thread! I am just trying to gather as much knowledge as I can from many different good traders. My question is: in this EG trade that you posted, if after PA broke the pivot, the TDI would have given a bounce to the downside, would you have gone short? Or you just use PP as trampoline and you only expect trades to bounce back?
Hi Catalin
Your question is good one.I would say depending how EU and GU doing. EG is combination movement of both.
ATM Euro is gaining but its closer to weekly pivot so I would wait to see if PA breaks north to get in on bull side however fundamentally I don't see a good trade on EG ATM
So will stay on sidelines on EG.I often build positions when I see a good set up and don't see one on EG right now.
regards

I am waiting basically for May.Achieved my % for April.Should be exciting.

leescofield Apr 30, 2016 12:03pm | Post# 34

Nice 30min textbook trade Missed it,was sleeping.Potential to go higher {image}
great Davit!

Nostromo Apr 30, 2016 8:15pm | Post# 35

{quote} Trading is about paying attention.The answer is on my 1st post 3rd sentence.By you asking this it looks like you just skimped reading which makes me feel you are not taking trading seriously. Its all good only handful of you will make it.That's just stats.Guys who pay attention look at Price action follow fundemetal news cut losses early are all winning attributes which contribute to having an edge.Nothing comes without effort. "As price travels progressively away from weekly pivot it becomes more likely to go into correction."...
Davit,

I like the highlighted advice!
I keep seeing people talking about having an edge but no one seems to say what they feel gives a genuine edge. "Not any specific trading system" is all most people say.

cheers
N.

Davit May 1, 2016 10:29am | Post# 36

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Davit, I like the highlighted advice! I keep seeing people talking about having an edge but no one seems to say what they feel gives a genuine edge. "Not any specific trading system" is all most people say. cheers N.
Thanks N
Join us next week! Lots of good set ups in works.My style of trading is aggressive position building but one can trade pivots normally as well.

UC is looking like it wants to go north,Will be watching WTI crude which is peaked perhaps little too far.
We may see USD gained a little after aggressive selling post Feds event.
My philosophy is to be open to what market does that's why I don't like using "go with trends" or against it often because within every trend there are multiple swings that can travels over 50pips hence my focus is on swings.
regards
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCADH4.png
Size: 35 KB

Davit May 1, 2016 10:34am | Post# 37

1 Attachment(s)
Should EU drop next week I am certain that would have a domino effect on EA which is seating at very good level 38R
Should it break 38R north I most likely will wait to 5150 61R
It is overextended ATM
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURAUDH4.png
Size: 37 KB

Davit May 1, 2016 10:41am | Post# 38

2 Attachment(s)
one of my most profitable pairs AC is showing signs of going North after declining for weeks.
H4 divergence showing as well
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDCADM30.png
Size: 46 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDCADH4.png
Size: 36 KB

heispark May 1, 2016 10:52am | Post# 39

1 Attachment(s)
Should EU drop next week I am certain that would have a domino effect on EA which is seating at very good level 38R Should it break 38R north I most likely will wait to 5150 61R It is overextended ATM {image}
Yes, it looks EA would complete harmonics next week....
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2016-05-01_23-50-55.png
Size: 97 KB

Davit May 1, 2016 11:04am | Post# 40

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Yes, it looks EA would complete harmonics next week.... {image}
We'll see
Welcome!
AN is at 161S and showing signs of going north.This has huge potential.Watching this keenly
Drop H4 to H1 you'll see TDI turning north
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDNZDDaily.png

© Forex Factory