Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Pivot Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=588764)

Hutch Apr 7, 2020 5:34pm | Post# 36361

Hello Pivoters , Truth in the numbers behind Forex as a fantastic opportunity to earn a fantastic income from home, Start trading with $1000.00 in a LIVE TRADING ACCOUNT , AFTER you have spent many , many hours of "chart time" , thoroughly understanding where the SUPPORT and RESISTANCE LEVELS are on a chart in concert with Davit's Pivot Point Trading System. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF YOUR DECISIONS AND RESULTS FROM ALL OF YOUR TRADING DECISIONS. YOU OWN YOUR SUCCESSES AND YOU OWN YOUR FAILURES. Davit's Pivot Point Trading System rules followed...
I wish you good luck GreenEarth although you don't really need it by following Davit's strategy. You are right saying that the banksters basically steal money from people but this is mostly made through charges and interests that people agreed to pay. Please totally forget your goal of turning 10K into 369K this year. The reason I say this is that setting goals is one of the biggest enemy of traders. This is because when traders don't make their goals they have a tendency to either over trade or taking less than ideal trades and this can lead to lesser profits or worse losses and this cycle can repeat.

Davit Apr 7, 2020 5:57pm | Post# 36362

{quote} I wish you good luck GreenEarth although you don't really need it by following Davit's strategy. You are right saying that the banksters basically steal money from people but this is mostly made through charges and interests that people agreed to pay. Please totally forget your goal of turning 10K into 369K this year. The reason I say this is that setting goals is one of the biggest enemy of traders. This is because when traders don't make their goals they have a tendency to either over trade or taking less than ideal trades and this can...
There are realistic goals and there are extreme. Human mind is motivated by aim a goal a destination.Trading is no different.
Obviously there will be days you make no money or lose money but the goal should always be there.
Most trading books dont recommend goals same reasons you mentioned but I disagree motivation is far more important then aimlessly hoping to make it!
Nothing comes from simply hoping.Goals set in motion set of actions which make the goal possible and without these actions wont happen why its important to have a destination.

Let me share personal experience. I wanted better performance out of myself after virus spike wiping out good chunk of my account and slept basically 4hrs a day traded shitload and hit over 300% in less then 3weeks. I could not have done it if I didn't have this aim!
All I am saying your mind materializes what you are intensely focused upon.This has been true on all human activities.You can't focus without aim.

GreenEarth Apr 7, 2020 6:51pm | Post# 36363

{quote} Hi GE maybe modest .5% to start with that's 2.5% a week 10% a month then build it more once confidence and skill set increases. I dont want to give impression its walk in the park.Its not! Takes serious commitment. You've been doing this for awhile and are ahead of the game then most beginners.Took me 8yrs to be where I am now. cheers

I should have qualified my post a bit more but I was basing my post on the belief that almost 100% of our pivoters already have at least 2-3 years of trading experience.
Definitely is not a "walk in the park" , however , when I REALLY TUNED IN TO YOUR SYSTEM and followed your rules to a tee , the trading became so much easier for entries and exits.
Thank you for everything ,
GE

GreenEarth Apr 7, 2020 6:57pm | Post# 36364

{quote} There are realistic goals and there are extreme. Human mind is motivated by aim a goal a destination.Trading is no different. Obviously there will be days you make no money or lose money but the goal should always be there. Most trading books dont recommend goals same reasons you mentioned but I disagree motivation is far more important then aimlessly hoping to make it! Nothing comes from simply hoping.Goals set in motion set of actions which make the goal possible and without these actions wont happen why its important to have a destination....
100% agreed.
Mark Douglas really opened up my mind to my own psychological makeup and I honestly worked hard to UNLEARN SPECIFIC BEHAVIOURS which were in my psyche that absolutely were sabotaging my mindset for trading success.
YOU showed us the tireless work ethic that is required in all aspects of life to be successful.
GE

GreenEarth Apr 7, 2020 7:33pm | Post# 36365

{quote} I wish you good luck GreenEarth although you don't really need it by following Davit's strategy. You are right saying that the banksters basically steal money from people but this is mostly made through charges and interests that people agreed to pay. Please totally forget your goal of turning 10K into 369K this year. The reason I say this is that setting goals is one of the biggest enemy of traders. This is because when traders don't make their goals they have a tendency to either over trade or taking less than ideal trades and this can...
Hutch , I totally respect your opinion. I fail to agree with you that goal setting is an enemy of traders.
If I use this system and make the exact decisions today , tomorrow , next week , etc. , then to my mindset , the numbers in the account don't matter , the repeated consistent execution of the system is the most important ingredient of the goal. MENTAL DISCIPLINE IS KEY. A NASCAR DRIVER does not have to have the fastest car to win a race provided that the driver executes lap after lap with the same decision making process , (so I have been told) , by local race car drivers. This is how I approach my trading. KNOWING the psychological enemies that we face are greed , fear , overtrading , revenge trading , and impatience , is our mental edge and our strength.
Maybe it's due in part to my martial arts background , I can be so patient to wait for the market to come to me. Something I never did until I found this thread.
Proper account management has been the saviour of many of my trades when a trade has gone against me. My win ratio is 89% on my trades. I don't view this as , wow look at what I'm accomplishing. I see it as a personal challenge for me to get at least another 1% better in my entries each hour , day , week.
Less than ideal trades will be a problem if a trader does not have a solid knowledge of where major support and resistance zones are in relation to the pivot points on any given time frame chart. We are traders , NOT GAMBLERS !!!! We are looking with laser focus for an EDGE. I was actually falling back toward an investor mindset when I should be functioning at a trader's mindset , LUCKILY , DAVIT PICKED ME UP ON IT THIS WEEK and posted it. Davit is keenly , mentally aware of what is going on because he genuinely wants to see everyone succeed. His daily posts of his charts show it time and time again.
I will keep everyone posted of my progress at midyear.
Thanks for the post Hutch.
Sincerely ,
GE

GreenEarth Apr 7, 2020 7:39pm | Post# 36366

{quote} Thank you for that. It definitely helps I think itís all about keeping things simple and not worry too much about those extra few pips long as you're achieving your daily goals.
Chahal , those last few pips have been the undoing of a successful trade for me many times UNTIL I had my EXIT ZONE defined BEFORE I ENTERED THE TRADE.

You said it yourself , "keep it simple....don't worry about those extra few pips.

Green Pips To You
GE

YoungET Apr 7, 2020 9:36pm | Post# 36367

If you can get excited about trading as this guy is excited about new BMW R1800 stunning work of ART then you are golden This is my goal GET THIS BIKE! LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. I just need to focus harder to make $$$ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbzOzLxN_4Y
Grew up around motorcycles, specifically sports bikes from as early as I can remember. Absolutely love seeing the beauties you have posted throughout your thread, noticed you have a slight soft spot for the cafe racer & cruiser variety

Hickson Apr 8, 2020 2:16am | Post# 36368

Yesterday at the groceries ... crowded, people shopping for easter, no toilet paper ... people coughing with open mouth in my direction ... people pushing through a narrow corridor towards cashier right next to me. When I said this was a bad thing, the reply was: "I need to pass here!" My reply was: "Of course, that is the most important thing!"

So people do not change! My thesis is, that they carry their ego on to the markets and this is why it stays interesting to trade. Most people do not adapt to changing situations - a thing Douglas already mentioned in his book "The disciplined trader".

renkotop Apr 8, 2020 2:21am | Post# 36369

Yesterday at the groceries ... crowded, people shopping for easter, no toilet paper ... people coughing with open mouth in my direction ... people pushing through a narrow corridor towards cashier right next to me. When I said this was a bad thing, the reply was: "I need to pass here!" My reply was: "Of course, that is the most important thing!" So people do not change! My thesis is, that they carry their ego on to the markets and this is why it stays interesting to trade. Most people do not adapt to changing situations - a thing Douglas already...
west
Hello Hickson, I also live in Germany (South west closed to the French border) and I had seen the same Situation.
Renko

Hickson Apr 8, 2020 2:31am | Post# 36370

{quote} west Hello Hickson, I also live in Germany (South west closed to the French border) and I had seen the same Situation. Renko
So if we are honest, we know the world is lost ... at least if a situation gets so bad that it requires reason and discipline from society as a whole. But let us enjoy spring a bit for now ...

langtoni Apr 8, 2020 2:54am | Post# 36371

The UC 1hr chart perfectly resembles the 'Understanding Market Structure' poster that Cryptosurf always posts. Watching keenly for signs of bear control to continue the decline!

Davit Apr 8, 2020 5:30am | Post# 36372

2 Attachment(s)
GC
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 5 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPCADM30.png
Size: 37 KB

Davit Apr 8, 2020 5:41am | Post# 36373

2 Attachment(s)
During NY likely USD bulls come out to play hence dont be early bird special buying GU EU and rest of majors now. GU could drop below 23 and EU reach 830
This is my thought process and I could be wrong
GU 2325 still holding
UC fact already touched S61 suggest likely price go further up 40's then break south of it today.
As a general rule I prefer not sell at the bottom or buy the tops in Pivot zone.There is no EDGE

When we trade according to these rules your winning % is exponentially increased and your DD minimized.That's the key repetition of the Edge over large sample size.

What above means you might get lucky scoring selling at the bottom or buying the tops here and there but over 50 trades you will accumulate large losses.That's what I mean large sample size.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDM5.png
Size: 49 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCADH1.png
Size: 57 KB

YoungET Apr 8, 2020 7:26am | Post# 36374

2 Attachment(s)
I don't trade this system to a tee, but Pivots are a high priority in my swing entries whether they be short or long term. Just closed out a quick EA short, and have now entered a AN short, highly plausible they pull up for another high before the push down, but more than willing to crack another entry if that occurs.

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURAUDM15.png
Size: 42 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDNZDH1.png
Size: 66 KB

fribes Apr 8, 2020 7:34am | Post# 36375

Hello All,

I took a short Aud/Jpy trade last night GMT time at 67.40 as stocks were rolling over. Took it down from the R61 level but my lesson here is i should of used the next tech level to reduce risk or close trade. I thought the current positive sentiment was overdone and we may drop lower today but markets still positive so i got stopped at small win after being 80 pips up on all 4 trades.

Bill

GreenEarth Apr 8, 2020 7:58am | Post# 36376

This is what I see on USDCAD, {image} {image}
Hi Pivoters.
Never ceases to amaze me of the talent that exists on this thread.
Egbert posted this UC chart on April 5th. NAILED IT !!!!!!
Excellent job Egbert !!!!!
GE

TerryDawe Apr 8, 2020 10:46am | Post# 36377

During NY likely USD bulls come out to play hence dont be early bird special buying GU EU and rest of majors now. GU could drop below 23 and EU reach 830 This is my thought process and I could be wrong GU 2325 still holding UC fact already touched S61 suggest likely price go further up 40's then break south of it today. As a general rule I prefer not sell at the bottom or buy the tops in Pivot zone.There is no EDGE When we trade according to these rules your winning % is exponentially increased and your DD minimized.That's the key repetition of...
When you say pivot zone, does that mean the area between pivot and next S or R?
Also would you mind sharing the ema you have on your charts that changes colour as it moves up and down and changes direction?
Disregard second request, it looks like the 21ema.

Regards
Terry

TerryDawe Apr 8, 2020 10:50am | Post# 36378

1 Attachment(s)
short GA on break below S38.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPAUDH1.png
Size: 36 KB

craigl76 Apr 8, 2020 10:51am | Post# 36379

My trades using the ema21
https://i.gyazo.com/a174eaeb1ac2ff2d...9eadc84e97.png
https://i.gyazo.com/4843fea8509733d7...327e484cf9.png
https://i.gyazo.com/1e997e0a6a56b8d4...b3e41da123.png

https://i.gyazo.com/c9029c47e278ccd8...8130e131dc.png

https://i.gyazo.com/9b7ffff6207c6937...bd2092f721.png

https://i.gyazo.com/fa9bbf82ee263e6e...34001a3471.png

https://i.gyazo.com/9141568973a7f271...5e1aff3368.png

all these trades went well got some good pips
any thoughts from anyone will be welcome ty
Craig

Nostromo Apr 8, 2020 11:26am | Post# 36380

My trades using the ema21 {image} . {image} . {image} . {image} . {image} . {image} . {image} all these trades went well got some good pips any thoughts from anyone will be welcome ty Craig
Is your daily open line set correctly? (Looks like you are in UK at a guess) should be set to 5pm EST.

© Forex Factory