Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Pivot Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=588764)

Davit Feb 15, 2020 8:50am | Post# 34641

{quote} Hello Davit, I expect the data on the German Flash Manufactoring PMI is really bad. The German economy is not doing well at the Moment. EUR is in bad shape. But there might be a reaction to the North (but not for a Long time). Best regards, Renko
In my experience somehow markets find a way to correct.Same thing when AUD got overstretched because of virus fears when it looked hopeless miraculously corrected and virus actually is getting bigger issue still. Its possible the bad news whatever that is already priced in.
ECB on Thurs might be decisive if they show some courage less dovish then Euro should rebound.
regards

russian30 Feb 15, 2020 9:17am | Post# 34642

I think some core group members here are ready to take this higher level.We need to find great A+ set ups maybe once a week and hit it harder then normal. Generating 20% a month or close there.That's my goal this year. Taking 45k to 200k If I fall slight short on my goal that's fine.Most dont make any profit anyway... Killer set up last week was E crosses specially EA EC EN tremendous drop.I think what sidestepped me hitting harder was the virus factor...in retrospect market did not care...
I'm in for this

russian30 Feb 15, 2020 9:19am | Post# 34643

My results this week. Holding DD on EG and EC. {image}
Nice work.

ppxdf Feb 15, 2020 10:38am | Post# 34644

my focus this week will be on GBP. ( I am holding short GC and GU)
the reason is i see some interesting moves in the GBP since brexit was voted.
some negative comments from UK and EU with regards trade negociations and each time, more downside in the GBP.
we have seen some upside this week from the surprise resign that high level member of the economy.
that guy that was changed has the prospects of more fiscal stimulus, so the market see reason to buy GBP. So, BOE migh not to cut rates in 2020

on this week a lot economic data regarding gbp (retails sales,jobs reports, CPI and flash PMI numbers for feb.
I am hold GU&GC short and I remember that in january one of the reasons that the market cut back on their expectations for a rate cut in
jan meeting was due a much better than expected PMI print.

renkotop Feb 15, 2020 10:58am | Post# 34645

{quote} I'm in for this
I also would like to be in.
Best regards,
Renko

bojack34 Feb 15, 2020 9:20pm | Post# 34646

It feels like the thread is having a lot more "other" stuff lately than normal. All this COT stuff....etc. I remember when it was ONLY price action and pivots, and if you wasn't using the template provided you weren't allowed to post at all. With all of this new info being posted it's for sure going to confuse the trader who is still trying to learn Davit's pivot strategy. Price Action, Pivots, Location, News

ppxdf Feb 15, 2020 9:34pm | Post# 34647

It feels like the thread is having a lot more "other" stuff lately than normal. All this COT stuff....etc. I remember when it was ONLY price action and pivots, and if you wasn't using the template provided you weren't allowed to post at all. With all of this new info being posted it's for sure going to confuse the trader who is still trying to learn Davit's pivot strategy. Price Action, Pivots, Location, News
I am going to delete them.
I sincerely hope that you feel better.

ShanA Feb 15, 2020 9:37pm | Post# 34648

It feels like the thread is having a lot more "other" stuff lately than normal. All this COT stuff....etc.
looks like you have started to trade recently.
when you are getting experience about the market, it starts to make sense of all the " other stuff" talking here
member ppxdf is doing an excellent job with providing useful " other stuff " for us and showing the importance of " other stuff" with PIVOT trading
try to follow " other stuff" also. if not you will start to wonder when your account get blown up, ' what the fuck just now did happen"

ShanA Feb 15, 2020 9:40pm | Post# 34649

{quote} I am going to delete them. I sincerely hope that you feel better.
dont delete them. please post them back.
one person opinion , doesn't represent thousands of people's opinion
those charts were very useful for all of us.
please post them back

Davit Feb 15, 2020 9:48pm | Post# 34650

Hi guys
Just to clarify. Core method principles are solidly traded PPE Pivot /Price Action/ Events

Extra info other key members post is up to you if you find them useful or not.I traded years without any Cot Report but I am open to see how our key core members think and act.I learn from them as they learn from me....

This thread has involved on very high level.Core members performing exceptionally well and its testament to the fact that there is synergy here

ppxdf Feb 15, 2020 10:08pm | Post# 34651

I have 2 support subscriptions. I pay $ 133 / month monthly.
Sometimes I post something that I consider relevant, but I usually delete it less than 1 hour when I realize that the post was useless, when no one comments or show any sign that the information was interesting.
That way, it doesn't really confuse people and let's make the topic cleaner with relevant things.

Davit Feb 15, 2020 10:13pm | Post# 34652

In memory of Leonard Cohen whom I deeply loved as an artist and a poet
Inserted Video

artestine Feb 16, 2020 3:40am | Post# 34653

AUD, EUR, GBP have lots of data incoming this week. CAD and USD less, but with some important one.

Tue
AUD Monetary Policy Meeting Minutes On the last OCR announce Lowe gave positive inputs on the australian economy, although coronovirus problem. These positive feelings should continue, but the most important data to watch is the employment change, later this week.
EUR German ZEW Economic Sentiment Forecast of 20 from 26.7 Five consecutive green data with an overall increase from -44.1 in Aug 2019 to 26.7 in Jan 2020. Negative data are expected. However, Eur is very overstreched, so a negative read could have little or no impact.

Wed
AUD Wage Price Index q/q Forecast of 0.5% from 0.5% A positive data could give some strength to AUD. Note: data of 0.4 or less have come out only 2 times (both in 2016) in the last 20 years.
GBP CPI y/y Forecast of 1.7% from 1.3% Positive data are expected here. Generally it sounds a mixed bag between y/y data and m/m data (check FXStreet for full data). Anyway I consider CPI more important than PPI, so I see more positive expectations.
GBP PPI input m/m Forecast of -0.5% from 0.1%
CAD CPI m/m forecast of 0.3% from 0.0% Positive expectations from all calendars. This could give strength to my UC shorts. I will watch AC, NC and GC if some good opportunities appear
USD Core PPI m/m Forecast of 0.2% from 0.1% With the actual USD I don't think that this will have impact with a positive data
USD PPI m/m Forecast of 0.1% from 0.1%
USD FOMC Meeting Minutes Could they say something about future possible rate cut due to coronavirus problem? In this case USD could really go down quickly

Thu
AUD Employment Change Forecast of 10K (30K FXStreet) from 28.9K
AUD Unemployment Rate Forecast of 5.2% from 5.1% Unemployment Rate decreased for two consecutive months, could it stay at 5.1%? Negative data are expected. To watch
GBP Retail Sales m/m Forecast of 0.7% from -0.6% Very positive expectations. This could drive up GBP a little bit to sell it at a better price. I watch GC
EUR ECB Monetary Policy Meeting Accounts Not much to say. Economic growth in EZ is really really weak. Anyway, EUR is extremely oversold, so this could be an opportunity for a retracement

Fri
EUR French Flash Services PMI Forecast of 51.4 from 51
EUR French Flash Manufacturing PMI Forecast of 50.8 from 51.1
EUR German Flash Manufacturing PMI Forecast of 44.8 from 45.3
EUR German Flash Services PMI Forecast of 53.9 from 54.2 The same idea of Thursday. Expectations here are not so great, but with the actual price of EUR, also the smallest green data could give some strength
GBP Flash Manufacturing PMI Forecast of 49.7 from 50.0 Negative expectations to give some help on EG and GC?
GBP Flash Services PMI Forecast of 53.4 from 53.9
CAD Core Retail Sales m/m Forecast of 0.4% from 0.2% Mixed data. Important to watch for our CAD positions.
CAD Retail Sales m/m Forecast of 0.1% from 0.9%
USD Flash Manufacturing PMI m/m Forecast of 51.5 from 51.9 Last opportunity of the week to see USD weakening

Coronavirus topic. Reading different news, long story short, I cought various negative news, BUT, I noted the general idea that the contagiuos is weaker in the last days and signs of slowing down are more frequent. Of course we have always have to wait for more info.
In the meanwhile, I am spotting different great scenarios on AC, AU, GC, NC, UC.

renkotop Feb 16, 2020 3:43am | Post# 34654

1 Attachment(s)
Results last week are mixed.
Still in DD because of AUD and NZD shorts

Best regards,
Renko
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_2.png
Size: 31 KB

Davit Feb 16, 2020 7:07am | Post# 34655

Results last week are mixed. Still in DD because of AUD and NZD shorts Best regards, Renko {image}
Market still bullish on USD fears of virus...global slow down...however be wary USD index is way up 99.16 and poised to correct
Should EU rally from its extreme lows that may trigger other majors to rally likewise.Not saying to scare you but usually the case.

renkotop Feb 16, 2020 7:17am | Post# 34656

{quote} Market still bullish on USD fears of virus...global slow down...however be wary USD index is way up 99.16 and poised to correct Should EU rally from its extreme lows that may trigger other majors to rally likewise.Not saying to scare you but usually the case.
Thank you for that Information. To be honest i never had a look on the USD index…. It' s a learning process for me!

Josti Feb 16, 2020 7:53am | Post# 34657

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a chart of the USD index. We are nearly at last years highs in september and october.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 31 KB

Davit Feb 16, 2020 8:16am | Post# 34658

2 Attachment(s)
Been obsessing on BMW R9T
IMO best retro motorcycle.Just drop dead gorgeous and performance to match.Not too pricey about 13k.Those wheels and tank gives me a boner

Got to be motivated to make more money

Gold color scheme stunning as well
Click to Enlarge

Name: 5e27f6909b7bd87936236e67.jpg
Size: 97 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: IMG_0072.jpg
Size: 109 KB

bojack34 Feb 16, 2020 11:55am | Post# 34659

{quote} I am going to delete them. I sincerely hope that you feel better.
please don't delete them over my post. I know that my opinion doesn't hold any merit here, especially over your's. You are a valued member here and you should continue helping everyone as you have been. I probably shouldn't have posted what I did, but I still stand by my post. I want to thank you and every other valued member on this thread for their continued help. Keep up the good work everyone! My apologies.

ppxdf Feb 16, 2020 1:30pm | Post# 34660

my focus this week will be on GBP. ( I am holding short GC and GU) the reason is i see some interesting moves in the GBP since brexit was voted. some negative comments from UK and EU with regards trade negociations and each time, more downside in the GBP. we have seen some upside this week from the surprise resign that high level member of the economy. that guy that was changed has the prospects of more fiscal stimulus, so the market see reason to buy GBP. So, BOE migh not to cut rates in 2020 on this week a lot economic data regarding gbp (retails...

Inserted Video

© Forex Factory