Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Pivot Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=588764)

Davit Mar 29, 2018 8:04am | Post# 16701

{quote} Hmmm... in last week Davit you sold EURCAD just before big red news and you earned 100 pips in moment.. so whats the different now ? Please, i can't figure it out...
difference was where price was.You seem to be little defensive! Its your money do as you like!

Davit Mar 29, 2018 8:10am | Post# 16702

Just a small part of me (as a dedicated pivot point trader of many years) thought ffs man, why are you sharing this? when I first saw your thread, Im not as generous as you ;-) But tbh pivot point traders, particularly in the institutional, HFT/algo space, have been busily running automated programmes (based around taking small rapid profits) using daily pivots, S+R for many, many years. Carry on with the good work and sharing this will Im sure not only obtain you a deserved rep., but may lead onto other approaches in the not too distant future,...
Thank you friend and lots of green pips

denisius Mar 29, 2018 8:11am | Post# 16703

{quote} difference was where price was.You seem to be little defensive! Its your money do as you like!
remember I was like that too. Asking same exact question. Now I understand your frustration well.

zegarek1989 Mar 29, 2018 8:18am | Post# 16704

{quote} difference was where price was.You seem to be little defensive! Its your money do as you like!
No, not any case. Iam learning from you. Just wanna understand when enter before red news and when abandon trade.

Davit Mar 29, 2018 8:21am | Post# 16705

Would love to see very green GDP on CAD that would help AUD as well
AN might push to 700+ by tomorrow maybe

pgr45za Mar 29, 2018 8:31am | Post# 16706

CAD bad, USD better.

Davit Mar 29, 2018 8:36am | Post# 16707

CAD numbers were not good but not terrible either which explains why all CAD pairs are in limbo now

harrypuru Mar 29, 2018 8:43am | Post# 16708

2 Attachment(s)
I strongly believe Davit Pivot's one of best System!!!. Thank you Davit and God bless up!!!
Click to Enlarge

Name: EA.png
Size: 18 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: AC-spike.png
Size: 18 KB

pgr45za Mar 29, 2018 8:43am | Post# 16709

CAD numbers were not good but not terrible either which explains why all CAD pairs are in limbo now
Most desks are closed in Europe. Winding down for Easter holidays. Back on Tue.

sonseeker Mar 29, 2018 9:10am | Post# 16710

AN hovering close to weekly pivot closed all positions for profitable trade.

Arturke Mar 29, 2018 9:11am | Post# 16711

1 Attachment(s)
hey Davit i see you smart guy, maybe you can tell me what do you think for example before news price in down trend and below PIVOT after news price jump suddently up that means price goes down anyway eventualy?
Click to Enlarge

Name: usdcad-m15-admiral-markets.png
Size: 52 KB

scalpfx Mar 29, 2018 9:14am | Post# 16712

{quote} hey Davit i see you smart guy, maybe you can tell me what do you think for example before news price in down trend and below PIVOT after news price jump suddently up that means price goes down anyway eventualy? {image}

.....you asked for it .....

zegarek1989 Mar 29, 2018 9:15am | Post# 16713

Because last week price was already Hitted R61 and now this week is not clearly? Because is bouncing from R.38 to S.38 ??

Davit Mar 29, 2018 9:17am | Post# 16714

{quote} hey Davit i see you smart guy, maybe you can tell me what do you think for example before news price in down trend and below PIVOT after news price jump suddently up that means price goes down any way eventualy? {image}
I don't know how USD will perform next month and I don't know the future.I am serious and people who claim to know the future are full of shit.What I know over series of trades I can hit 80% winners on my system.

This is a paradigm shift when you are confident you can make money without knowing the future.Its truly worth pondering!
You might think I just post below to make myself smart.Not the case I passionately and truly believe in Mark Douglas truths and his philosophy.
To me honest trading is understanding probability and randomness.Its accepting the fact you don't know the future until that moment comes you may struggle....maybe years

Five fundamental truths:
1. Anything can happen.
2. You don’t need to know what is going to happen next in order to make money.
3. There is a random distribution between wins and losses for any given set of variables that
define an edge.
4. An edge is nothing more than an indication of a higher probability of one thing happening
over another.
5. Every moment in the market is unique.
– Mark Douglas

Arturke Mar 29, 2018 9:21am | Post# 16715

{quote} I don't know how USD will perform next month and I don't know the future.I am serious and people who claim to know the future are full of shit.What I know over series of trades I can hit 80% winners on my system. This is a paradigm shift when you are confident you can make money without knowing the future.Its truly worth pondering! Five fundamental truths: 1. Anything can happen. 2. You dont need to know what is going to happen next in order to make money. 3. There is a random distribution between wins and losses for any given set of variables...
okay lets put away dogmatism and look at the numbers they will tell you the truth the idea is simple down trend and price are below pivot, news realase, price suddenly jumps up is it looking little bit awkward?

bojack34 Mar 29, 2018 9:23am | Post# 16716

{quote} okay lets put away dogmatism and look at the numbers they will tell you the truth the idea is simple down trend and price are below pivot, news realase, price suddenly jumps up is it looking little bit awkward?
.....and here it comes........I have a feeling I know whats going to happen next.

Davit Mar 29, 2018 9:25am | Post# 16717

{quote} okay lets put away dogmatism and look at the numbers they will tell you the truth the idea is simple down trend and price are below pivot, news realase, price suddenly jumps up is it looking little bit awkward?
If you are worried UC trades there is great chance price hitting 29 or 2880 again by tomorrow.I personally would not worry.
Bigger trend is UP weekly and monthly....
Price jumps up because of NEWS! Its not awkward its expected!
Do you pay attention or you just type without thinking.Price can do anything anytime! That's random nature of the market!

and it was not dogmatism! Just wasted 10 minutes from my life!

you are removed

Arturke Mar 29, 2018 9:28am | Post# 16718

{quote} If you are worried UC trades there is great chance price hitting 29 or 2880 again by tomorrow.I personally would not worry. Bigger trend is UP weekly and monthly....
its looking like a spark, UC numbers are worse than before compared that was even worse before

pgr45za Mar 29, 2018 9:41am | Post# 16719

{quote} its looking like a spark, UC numbers are worse than before compared that expecting better than was before
You gotta own your trade.
Take responsibility.
Do your due diligence.
If you have to ask about where others (incl. Davit) think it's headed, then you may not be ready for this thread.

Davit Mar 29, 2018 9:49am | Post# 16720

{quote} You gotta own your trade. Take responsibility. Do your due diligence. If you have to ask about where others (incl. Davit) think it's headed, then you may not be ready for this thread.
Exactly FF is full crystal ball bullshiters projecting mambo jumbo scaring the crap of each other EU to parity AU 68C USD down to shambles etc etc.
Its frustrating to convey an alternative view that is rooted in truth!The reason is every simplton thinks he knows more then the other creates a snow ball effect.
I tried here to create professional environment but its not easy!!Still get lot of idiots with their baggage.
Biggest thing one can admit in trading is "I don't know the future" trust me that's a fantastic paradigm shift great starting point until then struggle will continue.
This is not to be confused trading uniformed blindly.Its understanding probability and randomness of the market.Healthy appreciation and then we attack the probabilities! This is different way of looking at price.Much more realistic.

© Forex Factory