Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Pivot Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=588764)

Ibar51 May 29, 2017 10:14pm | Post# 9701

1 Attachment(s)
EJ going south targeting 120 still in DD EG
Click to Enlarge

Name: ej.jpg
Size: 230 KB

Davit May 30, 2017 2:16am | Post# 9702

1 Attachment(s)
Closed my EA happy with it +1129pips
might reload on bounce this was my 4th batch this month on EA
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURAUDM15.png
Size: 31 KB

vickym May 30, 2017 5:25am | Post# 9703

1 Attachment(s)
EC looks like moving south {image}
Closed +540 pips. EA still in DD but manageable for now - I feel Euro might drop further during NFP data on Fri, plan to hold until then at least.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURCADH4.png
Size: 48 KB

Davit May 30, 2017 7:57am | Post# 9704

Nice work guys
Missed the spike on EA and still might go up testing WP again
Right now I had the best month so far this year.Really pleased.I had a goal certain amount to make by June and I exceeded it by good chunk.

Davit May 30, 2017 8:14am | Post# 9705

I was thinking about Sniper's orders
(Sell orders [EA,EU,EC,EJ,EZ,EG )and even though he is great and probably will work out but in terms of risk exposure this is something I don't recommend.
Should Euro really get strong then your compounded losses on 6 pairs will make a dent on account.
I try most limit myself to 3 pairs on any same currency even then I usually try to limit to 2.I don't like over exposure. Trading to me is about controlling risk profits take care of themselves.

Davit May 30, 2017 8:27am | Post# 9706

1 Attachment(s)
Have not exactly counted % gain yet but its over 20% this month
no spikes or deep valleys just study upward gains
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 13 KB

Davit May 30, 2017 8:31am | Post# 9707

1 Attachment(s)
I missed my reload on EA on WP however market seems in a limbo on Euro bears and bulls polling pushing
Not getting in yet since clearly no side is winning
daily is red but h1 green so there might be another bull spike
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURAUDM15.png
Size: 41 KB

Davit May 30, 2017 8:41am | Post# 9708

1 Attachment(s)
LOve AC and I usually always sell AC never buy so its on my watch list
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDCADH4.png
Size: 41 KB

Davit May 30, 2017 8:43am | Post# 9709

1 Attachment(s)
NC is double top and its on my watch list
I try to get this exact because hate paying swap on highest interest rate currency.In short its not something you want to hold for weeks
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDCADDaily.png
Size: 47 KB

Davit May 30, 2017 8:57am | Post# 9710

Just want to share from my experince
When selling usually after London close prices tend to drift down.When there are no new buyers price usually declines due to profit taking from earlier bulls hence if you have a DD at 9am you might be in profit at 4pm afternoon.Something to keep in mind.
Example EC at 1.5053 most likely will be under 1.50 by 4pm

Davit May 30, 2017 9:05am | Post# 9711

1 Attachment(s)
some basics on ADR
When a pair travels 69 last 20days and its hitting close to it and very near major pivot and major structures like dble tops your ears and eyes should be ready!
NC at 55 is close and getting close to exhaustion level. Going back to lack of liquidity after London. Could NC push upwards after London? It could but unlikely hence by 4pm this could be 25% in correction.
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDCADH1.png
Size: 45 KB

Davit May 30, 2017 9:13am | Post# 9712

guys its not a peep show 84 viewers and not 1 comment. WTF

Albergo May 30, 2017 9:19am | Post# 9713

Hi there Davit

I just discovered this thread so I am catching up, I'll be posting as soon as a put the pieces together.

Cheers,

boyce May 30, 2017 9:26am | Post# 9714

May I ask what your transaction is based on?

nightpipper7 May 30, 2017 9:36am | Post# 9715

Nice spike on EC, adr over 100%
Building some shorts near pivot

liamseden May 30, 2017 9:39am | Post# 9716

Hi everyone, hope you do well.
Last week was very good, this week i'm watching AN EA and NC.

USDCAD : I have DD on UC shorts and i consider cutting it as i see bullish USD as the NFP is approaching, will search for a better setup after.
EURCAD : Still holding my shorts , actually on huge profits ( +1xxx pips).
AUDNZD : On for 50% of my total intended entries, this is the best pair as it moves slowly.
EURGBP : DD is healing, but nothing to be worried about, will hedge if it changes direction.
: EURAUD ( for quick shorts)

Congratulations Davit, awesome results and no losses.

Lazar87 May 30, 2017 9:40am | Post# 9717

{quote} sure its the same chart I use on all time frames.Zooming out you can see S/R pivots better then drop down to 15min for entry Beauty of pivots don't change until week is over unlike repainting indicators lines are there no matter which TF you look. {image}
Davit, I started reading your thread! Great trading technique, but sometimes hard to understand due to language and spelling - for example NOT " better then", but "better THAN ......", . Perhaps English is not your mother tongue. Where are you from?

sniperdebt May 30, 2017 9:45am | Post# 9718

I was thinking about Sniper's orders (Sell orders [EA,EU,EC,EJ,EZ,EG )and even though he is great and probably will work out but in terms of risk exposure this is something I don't recommend. Should Euro really get strong then your compounded losses on 6 pairs will make a dent on account. I try most limit myself to 3 pairs on any same currency even then I usually try to limit to 2.I don't like over exposure. Trading to me is about controlling risk profits take care of themselves.
Completely agree with Davit.

To all Pivot'er please don't follow my EUR* orders if you don't have any a Money Managements strategy.Traders will take care serious to their trading plan to protect their portfolio. The place orders;EUR* [EZ,EC,EA,EU,EJ] that have been made recently is due to several reasons:

1. I've positive profit on EG,UC & XAUUSD.
2. I'll move to BE [EZ,EC,EJ] once it turn to profit. Let profits run on. <-----> risk free.
3. No more new orders make until July;Q2 target achieved.

And last but not least

Do not give in to Greed.

Albergo May 30, 2017 10:23am | Post# 9719

2 Attachment(s)
Hey guys,

I'm just starting out so excuse the rookie questions.
Could someone please tell me if I have the correct settings for the pivot indicator?
My broker time and my current time are both -7 hrs to NY.
Also should the daily open match my broker's open (Broker's 00:00 is NY 17:00)?
Picture one is of the result I got with NZDCAD H1 to compare with Davit's chart above. I have some 18+ pips added with a -7hrs setting.
Picture two shows the period separators with the open matching my broker's and the settings of the automatic pivot indicator.

Any help is appreciated,

Thank you
Click to Enlarge

Name: DAV1.png
Size: 72 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: DAV2.png
Size: 126 KB

Lazar87 May 30, 2017 10:23am | Post# 9720

Hi everyone,
I notice a lot of pairs are at pivot right now - EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDCHF, EURCAD.

© Forex Factory