Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/71-trading-systems)
-   -   Pivot Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/588764-pivot-trading)

Pivoter Jan 19, 2021 9:07am | Post# 38021

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: 19-01-_2021_15-04-48.jpg
Size: 115 KB

Davit Jan 19, 2021 1:07pm | Post# 38022

1 Attachment(s)
Example of easy trade today.
ADR Pivot providing resistance.Easy $$
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDCADM5.png
Size: 59 KB

DiamondMiner Jan 19, 2021 5:19pm | Post# 38023

2 Attachment(s)
Enjoy the Weekend Reading Mark Douglas'es last book, The Definitive Guide to Mastering the Psychology of Trading In my opinion Mark Douglas was one of the greats to make the awareness and importance of the psychology of the trade known. 3687699{image} "It is with great sadness that we have to inform you that Mark Douglas passed away suddenly," We've learned that Mark died in the evening on September 12 at his home in Scottsdale Arizone.Sep 15, 2015
Mark Douglas was my greatest mentor
Trading in the Zone (1).pdf
The Definitive Guide to Mastering the Psychology of Trading by Mark Douglas (1).pdf

Egbert Jan 20, 2021 10:11am | Post# 38024

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURCADM30.png
Size: 51 KB

Egbert Jan 20, 2021 12:34pm | Post# 38025

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Size: 52 KB

Wesleyaso Jan 21, 2021 1:17pm | Post# 38026

1 Attachment(s)
EUR/AUD .
CLOSED ...Click to Enlarge

Name: Captura de Tela (111).png
Size: 62 KB

Davit Jan 21, 2021 2:25pm | Post# 38027

1 Attachment(s)
EUR/AUD . CLOSED ...{image}
Hit this today a lot.

Took 44 trades today all hit profit. Not showing off just showing what's possible Trading pivots.Keep it up
Dont look for home runs.Small moves repeated over and over piles up quick.Sometimes like today there were no big moves then you adapt to order flow of the market.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 27 KB

Davit Jan 21, 2021 2:32pm | Post# 38028

{image}
Egbert you are doing super! Great job!

I like your chart want to ask if you can share your modified angelator indi and template that would be great.Thank you!

Davit Jan 21, 2021 2:34pm | Post# 38029

{image}
Just so you know I was not asking posting image of events.Its your analyses and thoughts that matter.Lots of my examples on this thread.

Egbert Jan 21, 2021 2:46pm | Post# 38030

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Egbert you are doing super! Great job! I like your chart want to ask if you can share your modified angelator indi and template that would be great.Thank you!

There you go.
Pivot Davit.tpl
TMS_Angleator.ex4

fribes Jan 21, 2021 2:47pm | Post# 38031

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Davit and Egbert,

I have been trying to follow the pivot levels along with S/D levels so can enter on small timeframes for high R/R.

Got in AUD/CAD couple times and EUR/NZD too last couple of days.

The market today was fighting and no clear runs especially waiting on ECB, CAD data etc. I was wondering Davit whether you take advantage of these times because i was feeling the EUR/NZD was wanting to run higher but was just going to play about around the S38 until ECB. I was thinking i should be taking advantage of this however i didn't. Just wondered when you have mentioned previously you trade in and out of pivots sometimes. Is it these small swings you take advantage of or do you just load up at the bottom of swings and wait for the break? Image below to explain what i mean.

Also wanted to say sorry for your loss hope your holding up. Our family have been through alot too, stay safe and strong bud.

Bill
Click to Enlarge

Name: 74bbe806beb3bb2ddb98a61e3266c9b4.png
Size: 127 KB

Egbert Jan 21, 2021 2:53pm | Post# 38032

1 Attachment(s)

Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCADM30.png
Size: 51 KB

Davit Jan 21, 2021 2:57pm | Post# 38033

Hi Davit and Egbert, I have been trying to follow the pivot levels along with S/D levels so can enter on small timeframes for high R/R. Got in AUD/CAD couple times and EUR/NZD too last couple of days. The market today was fighting and no clear runs especially waiting on ECB, CAD data etc. I was wondering Davit whether you take advantage of these times because i was feeling the EUR/NZD was wanting to run higher but was just going to play about around the S38 until ECB. I was thinking i should be taking advantage of this however i didn't. Just wondered...
Major part of the system is price action.Its hard me explaining everything I do because lot of it is second nature to me and intuitive after 10yrs of trading.
Spend time watching order flow specially around pivots whole numbers and cluster of S/R that are obvious.If price can't break then it retreats.Its simple no need to complicate.I adapt myself to the market in range PA I get in and out and on strong moves stay longer even weeks.Thank you for condolences.

fribes Jan 21, 2021 3:03pm | Post# 38034

Thanks Davit, yep makes sense. Noticing many spikes recently been some decent swings.

@egbert yes was looking at the USD/CAD but sometimes i wonder whether it will keep going lower based on the recent meeting/data etc so need to be on the ball and start trading closer to pivot levels. Onto this strategy full time now so looking to try look ahead trade into and out of data events using pivots. Hoping to get some decent early entries.

Davit Jan 21, 2021 3:34pm | Post# 38035

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Davit, yep makes sense. Noticing many spikes recently been some decent swings. @egbert yes was looking at the USD/CAD but sometimes i wonder whether it will keep going lower based on the recent meeting/data etc so need to be on the ball and start trading closer to pivot levels. Onto this strategy full time now so looking to try look ahead trade into and out of data events using pivots. Hoping to get some decent early entries.
when you see this.Trade it.Its my favorite range market situation. "safest" trades are IMO commodity pairs against eachother. AC NC AN
I made shitload trading this set up. If move is 20-30 pips or less then you increase lot size to compensate smaller moves. 2lots at 20pip move is 40pips on 1lot.Bigger the move smaller relative lot size.Small moves bigger lots.This eliminates the concept that you need 70-100pip moves to make money.You dont.You increase position size on smaller moves hence any day is good day to trade.
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDCADH1.png
Size: 65 KB

fribes Jan 21, 2021 11:03pm | Post# 38036

- iT'S OK FOUND THESE

Hi Davit, thanks yes been trading that AUD/CAD recently some great moves. Will practice more. I can't seem to find the news indicator you guys use on the MT4 any chance you could point me in right direction. Will share any setups but want to make sure use same template as you guys. I don't seem to have the ADR indicator that shows the lines rather than figures top left and also the news indicator. Everything else is fine.

Egbert Jan 21, 2021 11:56pm | Post# 38037

1 Attachment(s)

Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCADM30.png
Size: 55 KB

Pivoter Jan 22, 2021 1:24am | Post# 38038

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: 22-01-_2021_07-22-38.jpg
Size: 395 KB

Egbert Jan 22, 2021 1:45am | Post# 38039

2 Attachment(s)

Click to Enlarge

Size: 54 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot.png
Size: 15 KB

fribes Jan 22, 2021 2:13am | Post# 38040

Hello Egbert,

Amazing trading mate you seem to be smashing pivots!!

All the Best,
Bill

© Forex Factory