Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/71-trading-systems)
-   -   Pivot Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/588764-pivot-trading)

messicr Oct 10, 2016 4:20am | Post# 3781

{quote} Pips will change when you have a trade open. It shows how many pips from entry DD
thank you for reply . But I have opened .

Ibar51 Oct 10, 2016 4:46am | Post# 3782

{quote} thank you for reply . But I have opened .
You could try reloading it. Have you allowed DLL imports

mackem73 Oct 10, 2016 4:51am | Post# 3783

Why the pips can not change? HELP ME!!! {image}
Hi,

I have had the same problem, ive tried various things to fix it, but had no success. If you find an answer give me the heads up on it please,

regards

Shaun

Arjun-LE1 Oct 10, 2016 4:59am | Post# 3784

2 Attachment(s)
Why the pips can not change? HELP ME!!! {image}

Try to install this
pipsometer_decimal_edit_2.ex4
pipsometer_decimal_edit_2.mq4

messicr Oct 10, 2016 5:03am | Post# 3785

{quote} Try to install this {file} {file}
thank you ! I got it!
mackem73 try this one from Arjun-LE1.

Arjun-LE1 Oct 10, 2016 5:20am | Post# 3786

Im short on GBPNZD at 17330

Hi Chiny,

It would be good to post your chart when entring trades.

Since I don't trade this pairs, your chart will let me analyse your entries, giving comments or trade ideas.

I believe , one of purpose of this thread is help each other in making profit, and assist if need to analyse trade entries.

Sincerely

Arjun.

Arjun-LE1 Oct 10, 2016 5:34am | Post# 3787

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi Chiny, It would be good to post your chart when entring trades. Since I don't trade this pairs, your chart will let me analyse your entries, giving comments or trade ideas. I believe , one of purpose of this thread is help each other in making profit, and assist if need to analyse trade entries. Sincerely Arjun.
GBP NZD - this poor guy got beaten up last week, and need to recover some ground before resume its direction.

Went almost touching Monthly S161, and shoot up pass S100

Today it passed S78 and will soon test S61 zone, meeting PPA Pin bar as resistance now.

Analyse your 240 m chart. Let see what you think about this pair.

Cheers
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBP NZD.png
Size: 29 KB

mackem73 Oct 10, 2016 6:42am | Post# 3788

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} GBP NZD - this poor guy got beaten up last week, and need to recover some ground before resume its direction. Went almost touching Monthly S161, and shoot up pass S100 Today it passed S78 and will soon test S61 zone, meeting PPA Pin bar as resistance now. Analyse your 240 m chart. Let see what you think about this pair. Cheers {image}
Hi,

Our Pivots are miles apart? Dont know what is going on with my indis

Regards

Shaun
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 81 KB

Roger27 Oct 10, 2016 6:43am | Post# 3789

Hi STEVE2010, you have a very good indicator PIVOT POINTS, there is a possibility you shared it, we would be very grateful.

Arjun-LE1 Oct 10, 2016 6:46am | Post# 3790

{quote} Hi, Our Pivots are miles apart? Dont know what is going on with my indis Regards Shaun {image}

Yours are weekly Pivot

Mine is Monthly.

Whenever I analyse Daily Chart, I use Monthly Pivot.

240M Chart below , I'm using Weekly Pivot.

Cheers

Arjun

andy_l Oct 10, 2016 6:49am | Post# 3791

Every new week start.. I have to refresh my Mt4 WP, by change the TF for every pair in the platform ( I use default setting --> broker's candle = True) .
Then the WP will adjust to the latest pivot based on last week data..

Jz share my experience

mackem73 Oct 10, 2016 6:50am | Post# 3792

{quote} Yours are weekly Pivot Mine is Monthly. Whenever I analyse Daily Chart, I use Monthly Pivot. 240M Chart below , I'm using Weekly Pivot. Cheers Arjun
Are your weekly pivots matching mine Arjun? I tried the pip Indy, but still not working on mine,

Regards

Shaun

Arjun-LE1 Oct 10, 2016 6:56am | Post# 3793

{quote} Are your weekly pivots matching mine Arjun? I tried the pip Indy, but still not working on mine, Regards Shaun
Hard to tell coz I need to see you post 240M Chart to compare with mine 240M.

Arjun-LE1 Oct 10, 2016 6:59am | Post# 3794

Every new week start.. I have to refresh my Mt4 WP, by change the TF for every pair in the platform . Then the WP will adjust to the latest pivot based on last week data.. Jz share my experience
Bapak Andy,

yes. That's normal

Arjun-LE1 Oct 10, 2016 7:08am | Post# 3795

1 Attachment(s)
Money Management by managing your trades.

This is my alive trade. I may close all the losing trade, if it doesn't shows sign of reversal, and let the profitable run.

By doing this . i may loose small, but potentially win big.

The risk for all this trade is 0.2% of my account. I can adbsorbed 600 pips drawdown, which will cost me 1.5% of my account.

But, normally i don't wait the DD gets bigger. Let my energy focus the profitable trade suffice to make me profit by end of the week.

NOTE : All profits/Loss are in PIPS not EUR Dollar.
Click to Enlarge

Name: pips.png
Size: 63 KB

mackem73 Oct 10, 2016 7:23am | Post# 3796

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hard to tell coz I need to see you post 240M Chart to compare with mine 240M.
Here you go Arjun thanks
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 82 KB

Arjun-LE1 Oct 10, 2016 7:27am | Post# 3797

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Here you go Arjun thanks {image}
Exactly like photocopy
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPNZD Weekly Pivot.png
Size: 34 KB

mackem73 Oct 10, 2016 7:41am | Post# 3798

{quote} Exactly like photocopy {image}
Cheers Arjun

chiny-fx Oct 10, 2016 7:56am | Post# 3799

Money Management by managing your trades. This is my alive trade. I may close all the losing trade, if it doesn't shows sign of reversal, and let the profitable run. By doing this . i may loose small, but potentially win big. The risk for all this trade is 0.2% of my account. I can adbsorbed 600 pips drawdown, which will cost me 1.5% of my account. But, normally i don't wait the DD gets bigger. Let my energy focus the profitable trade suffice to make me profit by end of the week. NOTE : All profits/Loss are in PIPS not EUR Dollar. {image}
I appreciate the honesty here and the fact that folks are prepared to show live trades - well done sir

Davit Oct 10, 2016 8:29am | Post# 3800

2 Attachment(s)
GM guys
Arjun nice have you back posting. With US holiday not much is moving but looking at few things.

EA Would it break the WP? previously could not.
E/CHF look left yellow box

Personally love to see EA break WP and head south creating opportunity to go long.I cashed last swing but got out too early which I never forgot...
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURAUDH1.png
Size: 32 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURCHFH1.png
Size: 35 KB

© Forex Factory