Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/71-trading-systems)
-   -   Pivot Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/588764-pivot-trading)

Blackopal Oct 4, 2016 3:37am | Post# 3521

Wow sterling was smashed. No trade.

Yeah new post brexit low. I'm seeing 40 points below old low. Untouchable for me at the moment. Anything goes from here.

Blackopal Oct 4, 2016 3:57am | Post# 3522

1 Attachment(s)
Only trade I've made today. 2nd short entry just now. TP weekly pivot.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 40 KB

mackem73 Oct 4, 2016 3:58am | Post# 3523

2 Attachment(s)
Good morning all,

Just back from my mini break and I am still having problems getting my pip counter to work, have deleted and re-installed 4 times now with V3 template. Attached is old one on my demo which works fine. New one on my live is missing pip counter and also the pivots are not setting as before. Any suggestions anyone?

Many thanks

Shaun
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 124 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 125 KB

mraam Oct 4, 2016 6:21am | Post# 3524

Good morning all, Just back from my mini break and I am still having problems getting my pip counter to work, have deleted and re-installed 4 times now with V3 template. Attached is old one on my demo which works fine. New one on my live is missing pip counter and also the pivots are not setting as before. Any suggestions anyone? Many thanks Shaun {image} {image}
Shaun,

1) Is demo and live from same broker? If no then you can try the suggestions given by Nico, some posts back. Edit - http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...42#post9152342
2) No idea on the pipcounter, but Davit's pipmeter on page 1 works fine, try dragging that into the chart window - allow dll's (and) external imports.

Cheers
MR

hammadshahir Oct 4, 2016 7:19am | Post# 3525

1 Attachment(s)
USDCHF .... Initiating small trade at R78 level.
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCHF.png
Size: 29 KB

hammadshahir Oct 4, 2016 7:21am | Post# 3526

1 Attachment(s)
I sense a small divergence on Gold Hourly Chart.

LONG from here.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Gold.png
Size: 31 KB

andy_l Oct 4, 2016 7:48am | Post# 3527

1 Attachment(s)
Long EU.. w/ small lot
still listen to MD.. about Price Movement part 3/4
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDmH1.png
Size: 42 KB

Davit Oct 4, 2016 7:48am | Post# 3528

GM pivoters
I hope nobody got burn on GU.Honestly did not expect this kind of massacre
EG at 78 which I am short
Short on AU .Lots of scared money has gone into AUD "safe" currency but nothing is safe for long.This should get smashed to 75 by Friday or Friday.
At least that's what I am anticipating.
If you are DD on EG which I am ATMI would hold for now.This is slow moving pair which in greater scheme of things why I like slow movers.Pound is extremely oversold and should stabilize now

mch1970 Oct 4, 2016 8:00am | Post# 3529

GM pivoters I hope nobody got burn on GU.Honestly did not expect this kind of massacre EG at 78 which I am short Short on AU .Lots of scared money has gone into AUD "safe" currency but nothing is safe for long.This should get smashed to 75 by Friday or Friday. At least that's what I am anticipating. If you are DD on EG which I am ATMI would hold for now.This is slow moving pair which in greater scheme of things why I like slow movers.Pound is extremely oversold and should stabilize now
Also Short EG at 78 and short AU at just below R38. Looking at ACHF as well, as just in between R61 and 78.
Small positions so DD manageable.

mraam Oct 4, 2016 8:07am | Post# 3530

GM pivoters I hope nobody got burn on GU.Honestly did not expect this kind of massacre EG at 78 which I am short Short on AU .Lots of scared money has gone into AUD "safe" currency but nothing is safe for long.This should get smashed to 75 by Friday or Friday. At least that's what I am anticipating. If you are DD on EG which I am ATMI would hold for now.This is slow moving pair which in greater scheme of things why I like slow movers.Pound is extremely oversold and should stabilize now
Evening D,

If you noticed past few weeks, even all the good data coming out of UK isant pushing the pound up. TM's announcement that the exit process could take longer than initially expected pushed the pound to new depths, http://www.bbc.com/news/business-37538459. The bottom may yet be far away.

Cheers
MR

Blackopal Oct 4, 2016 8:09am | Post# 3531

1 Attachment(s)
I sense a small divergence on Gold Hourly Chart. LONG from here. {image}

Hi hammadshair

I'm pretty sure from memory divergence is one of your preferred indicators. I'm not seeing much in PA to suggest an upswing, but gold is at the bottom of about a 4 month range, and has had several substantial bounces from here, lowest off of about $1300 (S61), so maybe SL below that? I like the yellow stuff too. Good luck Buddy.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png

Dildubai Oct 4, 2016 8:11am | Post# 3532

1 Attachment(s)
USDCHF .... Initiating small trade at R78 level. {image}
Is your pivot correct or mine?

Seems a lot of difference
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCHFH1.png

Davit Oct 4, 2016 8:16am | Post# 3533

{quote} Evening D, If you noticed past few weeks, even all the good data coming out of UK isant pushing the pound up. TM's announcement that the exit process could take longer than initially expected pushed the pound to new depths, http://www.bbc.com/news/business-37538459. The bottom may yet be far away. Cheers MR
there are also always corrections as well.Just something to keep in mind

Davit Oct 4, 2016 8:17am | Post# 3534

{quote} Also Short EG at 78 and short AU at just below R38. Looking at ACHF as well, as just in between R61 and 78. Small positions so DD manageable.

Blackopal Oct 4, 2016 8:19am | Post# 3535

{quote} Is your pivot correct or mine? Seems a lot of difference {image}

Hi Bud. His pivot on that chart is within 5 points of mine and his gold chart almost exactly same as mine. So either he and I are both out or yours may need some tweaking.

Amion Oct 4, 2016 8:20am | Post# 3536

1 Attachment(s)
[email protected] [email protected]

hope this is correct davit.

for some reason my news dont work. someone knows a solution?
Click to Enlarge

Name: Unbenannt.PNG
Size: 71 KB

Dildubai Oct 4, 2016 8:26am | Post# 3537

{quote} Hi Bud. His pivot on that chart is within 5 points of mine and his gold chart almost exactly same as mine. So either he and I are both out or yours may need some tweaking.
Thanks. I did some tweaking and got the pivots almost matching with him. Thanks

DD

Davit Oct 4, 2016 8:29am | Post# 3538

Got to say one thing.People who truly understand how I trade and mind set required will and do appreciate it.Honestly I have not found any thread that addresses not only tech side of trading but psychological aspects as well.To me this is correct organic way to see the market since market is nothing but emotions.Not saying this for ego boast but just being honest.
green pips

mraam Oct 4, 2016 8:29am | Post# 3539

{quote} there are also always corrections as well.Just something to keep in mind
Absolutely.. That is what youve been trying to advocate from Day 1

Cheers

Davit Oct 4, 2016 8:33am | Post# 3540

AU on the move south

© Forex Factory