Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Pivot Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=588764)

Mundo Dec 3, 2019 12:33am | Post# 33001

Seen this before...where one commodity goes the others follow. Strong NZD...AUD followed. Now looking for strong CAD next. Let's see if it plays out.

bubincka Dec 3, 2019 4:11am | Post# 33002

1 Attachment(s)
If it wasn't for the upcoming election this would have been an excellent spot to short GC.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDH4.png
Size: 57 KB

Davit Dec 3, 2019 5:09am | Post# 33003

1 Attachment(s)
For those who are worried on NC or AC and all CAD pairs keep in mind Key date for correction is weds so relax.If you must take a loss take 25% then wait
Part of becoming a mentally tough trader is situations just like this.Think of it as mind test how much pain you can take.
If you cant take a loss or manage trades or be able to withstand a position then this may not be for you.
I took a 20k loss when China Trade war started and had many Yen positions. Tough but cut it came right back recovered and never looked back.Same time had serious family health issues dble the pain....Well survived ...

Back of your mind you should be aware Elliot Wave theory.Nothing goes up straight line.There are corrections.Most moves are compromised of 5 waves.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 14 KB

Davit Dec 3, 2019 5:31am | Post# 33004

1 Attachment(s)
AC almost a sure thing
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDCADH4.png
Size: 54 KB

Davit Dec 3, 2019 5:40am | Post# 33005

You want inspiration? How about being down 25points on Superball then believing it you can win and actually doing it.
Patriots are my home team Funny part the Falcons Owner players were already celebrating....
Inserted Video

ppxdf Dec 3, 2019 5:53am | Post# 33006

Finland PM Rinne said to be preparing to resign
watching EUR pairs

bubincka Dec 3, 2019 7:26am | Post# 33007

1 Attachment(s)
EG and GC are enticing too.
Again, close election day is preventing me from taking position for the moment.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURGBPDaily.png
Size: 50 KB

GreenEarth Dec 3, 2019 7:27am | Post# 33008

For those who are worried on NC or AC and all CAD pairs keep in mind Key date for correction is weds so relax.If you must take a loss take 25% then wait Part of becoming a mentally tough trader is situations just like this.Think of it as mind test how much pain you can take. If you cant take a loss or manage trades or be able to withstand a position then this may not be for you. I took a 20k loss when China Trade war started and had many Yen positions. Tough but cut it came right back recovered and never looked back.Same time had serious family...
Awesome support Davit !!!

Is anyone trading NZD/USD ?

Keep on truckin' fellow trading guru's !!!!
GE

koziolq Dec 3, 2019 8:43am | Post# 33009

{quote} Awesome support Davit !!! Is anyone trading NZD/USD ? Keep on truckin' fellow trading guru's !!!! GE
Im having some open positions on EU, EC, NU, AC.

not touching GBP at the moment but I see there are few perfect set ups. Too big risk, even to enter with small positions imho.

green pips to all.

Romanov102 Dec 3, 2019 9:03am | Post# 33010

1 Attachment(s)
Hello! Hopefully I should have some more time to start posting some charts again. Website construction and launch was a very time consuming process. Yes elections coming up and BOC tomorrow. GC H4 Deep Crab and ADR in the Red.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GCDPH4031219.jpg
Size: 227 KB

MoneyTalks58 Dec 3, 2019 2:52pm | Post# 33011

For those who are worried on NC or AC and all CAD pairs keep in mind Key date for correction is weds so relax.If you must take a loss take 25% then wait Part of becoming a mentally tough trader is situations just like this.Think of it as mind test how much pain you can take. If you cant take a loss or manage trades or be able to withstand a position then this may not be for you. I took a 20k loss when China Trade war started and had many Yen positions. Tough but cut it came right back recovered and never looked back.Same time had serious family...
This is the most critical aspect of this trading method I think. Thanks.

MoneyTalks58 Dec 3, 2019 6:10pm | Post# 33012

1 Attachment(s)
This also looks reasonable for me.
Click to Enlarge

Name: C0FC1B45-D8E9-4B92-96B3-6BDD968035BA.png
Size: 276 KB

Davit Dec 3, 2019 6:26pm | Post# 33013

Hi Guys I am excited tonight AUD GDP anything better then severe red should propel AN north.Its already on the move.Love to get out of this trade.

I think severe weather cross the country was a contributor of weak CAD less driving less gas used.We got hit hard almost 2 feet some places 3 feet of snow
I am almost certain good correction coming tomorrow after the rate.Market usually react to facts.Same rate would be great.I dont expect a change end of the year and BOC made no statement or hints that they are thinking cutting...

USD should recover after Fridays NFP projection is green. Markets usually mark up then dump or mark down then up.If you look at AN it was mark down for weeks and now seating very harmonic levels to bounce north

Davit Dec 3, 2019 7:32pm | Post# 33014

Red but slightly.Will hold AN to see how this goes next few days
very likely its priced in already.

bubincka Dec 4, 2019 3:29am | Post# 33015

Red but slightly.Will hold AN to see how this goes next few days very likely its priced in already.
I'm holding AN long too, taking some losses and still in DD.

I'm beginning to dislike this pair, at least in this particular period when well over traditional fundamentals it's too much influenced by US/China trade deal that in turn it's in the hands of fickle Trump that every day says something different. I understand that he probably has a plan tied to his re-election, but for traders it's as unpredictable as complicated.

On a side note happy I succeeded in staying out from GBP pairs avoiding to short them even if in good spots.

1pipperhour Dec 4, 2019 3:33am | Post# 33016

Finland PM Rinne said to be preparing to resign watching EUR pairs
Finland's economy is so small (6 million people only) compared to France or Germany. It will have no effect.

koziolq Dec 4, 2019 4:23am | Post# 33017

A good slide on EC! Will have to wait a bit longer on AC - entered market too early. There will be a bigger move down after rate announcement - just like Davit mentioned. Holding my positions in place.

Gmo Dec 4, 2019 8:30am | Post# 33018

1 Attachment(s)
AUDNZD
With reluctance I post this. I know some are caught on the wrong side of AN.
Davit's preference is not to buy NZD but Sell. In AN he refers to not going Short. Yes, I did.
To qualify this I look very hard at PA at what Davit terms "Outer Limits". I have added to this PA failure at levels described by Cryptosurf.
November 25, I posted AN with monthly pivots!
I am sure Davit looked at this post and I can conclude what he has stated before! Weekly pivots and PA. Wasting time with Monthly & Daily Pivots! I agree! Thank you Davit.
In the November 25 post and subsequently I was never able to observe a bottom forming in D or H4. Is it starting now?
However, tonight's news may work for AUD????
I simply maintained the trades Short as shown in the image. To me these were conservative trades especially with AN.
It is not opportune to hold any longer. I accept the trades as shown and am not after any record at all.
Click to Enlarge

Name: AN.png
Size: 844 KB

Cryptosurf Dec 4, 2019 8:41am | Post# 33019

AUDNZD With reluctance I post this. I know some are caught on the wrong side of AN. Davit's preference is not to buy NZD but Sell. In AN he refers to not going Short. Yes, I did. To qualify this I look very hard at PA at what Davit terms "Outer Limits". I have added to this PA failure at levels described by Cryptosurf. November 25, I posted AN with monthly pivots! I am sure Davit looked at this post and I can conclude what he has stated before! Weekly pivots and PA. Wasting time with Monthly & Daily Pivots! I agree! Thank you Davit. In the November...
Well done, you smashed it!

bubincka Dec 4, 2019 9:53am | Post# 33020

AUDNZD... In the November 25 post and subsequently I was never able to observe a bottom forming in D or H4...{image}
Sometimes one of the worst trader's illnesses is to see what he wants instead of what it really is.
Mind plays tricks and illusions.

A sort of bias that comes from somewhere inside your head that prevents you from seeing things as they really are.
And every little sign that supports this bias is given enormous importance while at the same time macroscopic moves against are minimized or even ignored.

I believe this happens or has happened to everyone here and it is one of the reasons why psychology is the most important part of trading, at least for me.

© Forex Factory