Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Pivot Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=588764)

bubincka Nov 15, 2019 8:55am | Post# 32721

Looks like Boris Johnson took a a page from Trump manipulating the market. Just STFU After I get out of GBP trades I am done trading it until this shit gets sorted out {image}
Yes, in a matter of minutes without any apparent reason in the market (at least known to me) you can see GBP jump up and down like a crazy horse.
I'm still trapped in GC and GA for a mix of greed and supposed patience I avoid to exit in profit a couple of times, maybe it's better to stay out.

Egbert Nov 15, 2019 9:04am | Post# 32722

1 Attachment(s)
Let's pull pips from the markets before the weekend!
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDJPYM30.1.png
Size: 150 KB

Davit Nov 15, 2019 9:13am | Post# 32723

1 Attachment(s)
Can't makes sense of it.Anyone from UK? Why is this positive for GBP
It spiking crazy
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 63 KB

bubincka Nov 15, 2019 9:26am | Post# 32724

1 Attachment(s)
Can't makes sense of it.Anyone from UK? Why is this positive for GBP It spiking crazy {image}
That's why sometimes it's better to take a moderate profit instead of waiting mega pips.
And this is even more true when GBP is involved.

I'm long EG targeting WS61 and all of a sudden it drops like a stone.
In the end no big surprise, it's forex that every time teaches a new lesson.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURGBPH1.png
Size: 63 KB

Pent56 Nov 15, 2019 10:06am | Post# 32725

Can't makes sense of it.Anyone from UK? Why is this positive for GBP It spiking crazy {image}
It's good news for Boris and the Conservative Party. People who vote for the Brexit Party will definitely NOT vote for Labour or the Liberal Democrats.

The reason Brexit Party members are standing down is to help support the Conservative candidates in the regions that are a close call between the other parties thus essentially giving the Conservatives their members votes.

They want to get Brexit done and their best bet is to help Boris now.

Davit Nov 15, 2019 10:19am | Post# 32726

{quote} It's good news for Boris and the Conservative Party. People who vote for the Brexit Party will definitely NOT vote for Labour or the Liberal Democrats. The reason Brexit Party members are standing down is to help support the Conservative candidates in the regions that are a close call between the other parties thus essentially giving the Conservatives their members votes. They want to get Brexit done and their best bet is to help Boris now.
Your posts are gold! Thank you

ppxdf Nov 15, 2019 10:34am | Post# 32727

AUD should recover soon.Job was only few k's off and unemployment slightly red.Not bad considering Euro zone unemployment numbers and here in US slowing down economy will start showing its ugly face soon.Its coming.Its going to be race to the bottom again ...except Yen Swiss and Euro which are already bottom... Days of green numbers on retail spending, jobs employment will be over ....soon it will be who is less fked up... {image}

you said that yesterday !!!
The Australian dollar is consolidating yesterday's loss, the largest in four months after the disappointing employment data were reported.
If I see AU, The market does not appear to have completed its adjustment, and resistance is now pegged near S78 $ 0.6800.
I hope agreement between the US and China come as positive next week,

According to what US presidential aide Kudlow said, suggesting that a major call will be held today, is helping to sustain sentiment over the weekend.

ppxdf Nov 15, 2019 12:07pm | Post# 32728

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} I will remove my table. In contact with Oanda, I need to correct my table because Each currency pair will have a different lend/borrow rate each currency pair will have different financing rates. For example 14 November: Instrument Long % Short% AUD/CAD -1.77% -0.39% AUD/CHF 0.69% -2.91% AUD/HKD -4.02% 0.22% AUD/JPY 0.19% -2.39% AUD/NZD -1.21% -1.00% AUD/SGD -2.11% -1.12% AUD/USD -1.75% -0.41% CAD/CHF 1.40% -3.55% CAD/HKD -3.31% -0.43% CAD/JPY 0.88% -3.01% CAD/SGD -1.39% -1.75% CHF/HKD -5.81% 2.02% CHF/JPY -1.63 -0.57% CHF/ZAR -9.96% 5.54%...
Oanda.Costs.SWAPS.POSITIVE.pdf

For example, It's a little tricky to open a long EURCAD position, and keep it open after 5 pm. If not sure will earn € 345.64 over a month.
These are some pairs and directions that I consider not trading if I have a chance of not close before 5 pm
Tues 5pm 1 day
Wed 5pm 3 days
Thurs 5pm 1 day
Fri 5pm 1 day
Sat 5pm 0 days
Sun 5pm 0 days
Basically, on Wednesday I will be charged 3 times the rate.

RieseP Nov 15, 2019 1:25pm | Post# 32729

{quote} It's good news for Boris and the Conservative Party. People who vote for the Brexit Party will definitely NOT vote for Labour or the Liberal Democrats. The reason Brexit Party members are standing down is to help support the Conservative candidates in the regions that are a close call between the other parties thus essentially giving the Conservatives their members votes. They want to get Brexit done and their best bet is to help Boris now.
Everyone is so sick and tired of hearing about Brexit and the consequences that the mentality has shifted to just get it done and then see what happens. I believe short term it will effect our economy against the other players, but in the long term it will have a greater effect in the long run.

BarmyBoris Army 🥳

Davit Nov 15, 2019 1:58pm | Post# 32730

1 Attachment(s)
closed AN small gain enough for fees
Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 2387
Size:  4 KB

Halfcents Nov 15, 2019 3:24pm | Post# 32731

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} That's why sometimes it's better to take a moderate profit instead of waiting mega pips. And this is even more true when GBP is involved. I'm long EG targeting WS61 and all of a sudden it drops like a stone. In the end no big surprise, it's forex that every time teaches a new lesson. {image}
personally I'm cautious on GBP pairs. For EURGBP, it looks like there is still some room south, and considering it hasnt made any higher high.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURGBPbDaily.png
Size: 47 KB

Davit Nov 15, 2019 3:53pm | Post# 32732

{quote} personally I'm cautious on GBP pairs. For EURGBP, it looks like there is still some room south, and considering it hasnt made any higher high. {image}
agree I closed my EG in profit and left it alone.Love to get out of GC before any Brexit positive deal....Plenty of time to Dec12 but hate getting my money tight up in DD
We may see correction next week and after GC I am done with GBP until things get sorted out.Nobody knows in case of deal how far it will jump. 145 GU? possible

ppxdf Nov 15, 2019 4:33pm | Post# 32733

One more week, one more learning. Remember guys, we are in the best thread of FF.
Do not forget the recommendation number 1 of our master.
DO your CALENDAR OF ECONOMIC EVENTS.
We always need to advance things, to advance market reactions.
This practice is very important for our growth.
I am a pilot, and the first thing we learn in aviation is always being ready to react with the right sequence of procedures. WE HAVE TO REDUCE THE CHANCES OF BEING SURPRISED

Euro for next week show me some green optimism. Not sure that. we need to study during the weekend
The Market is like an eagle eye . Probably the Market see it since the week start

EUR French Flash Services..................... PMI..... 53.0.....52.9
EUR French Flash Manufacturing .............PMI...... 50.9.....50.73
EUR German Flash Manufacturing........... PMI...... 42.9....42.1
EUR German Flash Services................... PMI...... 52.0.....51.6
EUR Flash Manufacturing...................... PMI...... 46.4.... 45.9
EUR Flash Services.............................. PMI..... 52.4.....52.2

cheeers
helio

MrAussieFX Nov 15, 2019 5:29pm | Post# 32734

1 Attachment(s)
Closed all the trades for the week. Don't want open trades over the weekend will enter again if I get an opportunity and a good price.

UC opportunity mentioned in post #32,665

Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCAD H4 DEEP CRAB CLOSED TRADE 16 NOV 2019.png
Size: 195 KB

Kindest regards

Tintman7 Nov 15, 2019 6:08pm | Post# 32735

1 Attachment(s)
Good evening all.
I had a good week but made a few mistakes by setting my stop loss to close on my EA and EN trades this week. I got in a little early and then for what ever reason i had the stop close. Just didn't catch it in time......My mistake and i own it. Normally don't set them close at all so not sure what i was thinking. But i stayed with the week and finished well even with that loss. Moving on

Heard this today "Live in the Vision, not in the Circumstance" Just made me think.

Next week is a new week,

My results.

Have a good weekend.

Cheers
Name:  11.11.PNG
Views: 2114
Size:  3 KB

Egbert Nov 16, 2019 5:05am | Post# 32736

4 Attachment(s)
To much bullish, look at all those green arrows all time frames. Maybe R100 {image}
Just my thinking, I'll wait for R61
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPCADM30.png
Size: 140 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPCADM30.1.png
Size: 160 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPCADDaily.png
Size: 165 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-11-16 (3).png
Size: 56 KB

Egbert Nov 16, 2019 6:08am | Post# 32737

2 Attachment(s)
Hopefully this can go down on Tuesday with AUD red news, for me to get in lower. Or will the MM push it down before time, hoping for something positive from the minutes. Got my target, let the MM show their hand.

That's why with pivots I've got an ACE up my sleeve.
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDNZDDaily.png
Size: 142 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-11-16 (2).png
Size: 18 KB

Davit Nov 16, 2019 2:23pm | Post# 32738

One more week, one more learning. Remember guys, we are in the best thread of FF. Do not forget the recommendation number 1 of our master. DO your CALENDAR OF ECONOMIC EVENTS. We always need to advance things, to advance market reactions. This practice is very important for our growth. I am a pilot, and the first thing we learn in aviation is always being ready to react with the right sequence of procedures. WE HAVE TO REDUCE THE CHANCES OF BEING SURPRISED Euro for next week show me some green optimism. Not sure that. we need to study during the...
Thank you friend yes its very important the Events! and how that effects price.

huatboyz Nov 16, 2019 6:18pm | Post# 32739

1 Attachment(s)
It has been a tough 2 weeks, but nonetheless I want to share my performance for the last 2 weeks to motivate everyone.

Thank you Davit!
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 14 KB

Davit Nov 16, 2019 7:04pm | Post# 32740

It has been a tough 2 weeks, but nonetheless I want to share my performance for the last 2 weeks to motivate everyone. Thank you Davit! {image}
Good results although dont understand why such few trades in 2 weeks and why the "struggle"
Are you doing the calendar? Are you aware? Be aware what's coming!

© Forex Factory