Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Pivot Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=588764)

1pipperhour May 13, 2019 9:39am | Post# 30441

Taking some beating this month because of YEN.

Swede May 13, 2019 9:46am | Post# 30442

1 Attachment(s)
Prepare for a wild ride today....Politics in full play....Pompeo meetings regarding Iran...China retaliates with its own tariff increases, NY markets under extreme pressure with Dow down almost 2 %....not a good trading environment unless your on the right side that is..not sure I should be in this one but for now ok.....
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCADH1.png
Size: 61 KB

Swede May 13, 2019 9:51am | Post# 30443

1 Attachment(s)
Message to self...."Watching Euro....fibs and pivots...ADR....entries if any will be very conservative and price action will dictate around key areas."...
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDDaily.png
Size: 58 KB

Hyperfire May 13, 2019 10:00am | Post# 30444

1 Attachment(s)
Greetings everyone.
Hope every of you doing good

Here my report done for the day.

Sadly miss the EU.

Regards
Click to Enlarge

Name: report.png
Size: 7 KB

Swede May 13, 2019 10:42am | Post# 30445

1 Attachment(s)
This is just and example of a trade I would not have considered normally...but I have been working with harmonics recently and a picture perfect pattern completed a few hours ago exactly at the weekly pivot....the results are obvious (should have loaded up but caution is the rule today for me)
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPNZDH1.png
Size: 51 KB

asgharhussai May 13, 2019 11:06am | Post# 30446

2 Attachment(s)
NU
UC
Click to Enlarge

Name: 05.jpg
Size: 160 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 04.jpg
Size: 164 KB

asgharhussai May 13, 2019 11:13am | Post# 30447

2 Attachment(s)
EU
Also going in good condition
and going to close AU
Click to Enlarge

Name: 06.jpg
Size: 178 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 07.jpg
Size: 161 KB

bubincka May 13, 2019 12:05pm | Post# 30448

I'm fully loaded with JPY shorts.

I strongly believed in a deal between China and US and I was wrong.
Now the best thing I can do is to remain on the sidelines managing actively my DD.

There are many good setup on A, N and C pairs, but current market is 100% driven by trade war and there's not a lot we can do.

kik May 13, 2019 12:14pm | Post# 30449

There are many good setup on A, N and C pairs, but current market is 100% driven by trade war and there's not a lot we can do.
yes...I also, but managing the DD in EA is very painful

Pent56 May 13, 2019 12:20pm | Post# 30450

I'm fully loaded with JPY shorts. I strongly believed in a deal between China and US and I was wrong. Now the best thing I can do is to remain on the sidelines managing actively my DD. There are many good setup on A, N and C pairs, but current market is 100% driven by trade war and there's not a lot we can do.
Yeah I took a loss on my JPY shorts last week. Nothing major & just my trading business 'overheads'.

I owned a delicatessen & café for 12 years. The overheads in that business (rent, business rates, 20% VAT, staff wages & pensions etc etc) were in a different league compared to what I might occasionally incur trading. My P&L for this, my trading business, is a lot easier to manage!

ikdenk May 13, 2019 12:25pm | Post# 30451

I'm fully loaded with JPY shorts. I strongly believed in a deal between China and US and I was wrong. Now the best thing I can do is to remain on the sidelines managing actively my DD. There are many good setup on A, N and C pairs, but current market is 100% driven by trade war and there's not a lot we can do.
According to the latest issue of The Economist, even if a deal is struck, the deep differences in economic models means that their trading relations will be unstable for years to come.

ikdenk May 13, 2019 12:27pm | Post# 30452

EU Also going in good condition and going to close AU {image} {image}
What do the two blue dots in your AUSUSD chart represent, please?

Another well executed trade BTW, great entry and well kept until S61.

ikdenk May 13, 2019 12:37pm | Post# 30453

1 Attachment(s)
The market still in risk off mode, JPY and CHF strong buys ... take care guys. Eu also is recovering ground, maybe is a new safe heaven like in the past
Look at the divergence in the currencies during the day so far.

This based on the movement of all 28 pairs over a period of 200 hours.

jpy and chf gaining strongly, gbp down. Gold is also up. If there is real panic the usd will go to the top, being the world's reserve currency.Click to Enlarge

Name: currencies13.5.PNG
Size: 11 KB

Romanov102 May 13, 2019 12:58pm | Post# 30454

2 Attachment(s)
Yen is Strong right now with market volatility. Here's two more harmonic patterns. AJ H4 and NJ Daily. I'm still holding these in a draw down. I only entered a small position and can wait. Fortunately I have some CFD Indicies shorts on the S&P, NQ, and Ger DAX that are offsetting it.
Click to Enlarge

Name: AJDPH4130519.jpg
Size: 257 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: NJDP130519.jpg
Size: 247 KB

asgharhussai May 13, 2019 1:28pm | Post# 30455

1 Attachment(s)
Closed All
Click to Enlarge

Name: 08.jpg
Size: 29 KB

Romanov102 May 13, 2019 1:31pm | Post# 30456

And as far as Cad is concerned we have double trouble......Not only the effect of US Tariffs on China, now China has stopped the import of Canadian Canola effecting 2.7 BILLION worth of exports in retaliation for the arrest on behalf of US, the CFO of Huawei (Meng). So, even with great jobs report last week Cad may not necessarily strengthen against the USD.....we shall see....but caution is the word for anyone thinking of large position size short CAD/USD. IMHO THAT IS
That Huawei arrest in Vancouver has been very expensive for Canada, another current government blunder. The Chinese also stopped importing Canadian pork. I also sometimes question the data releases that come out in the news calendar and wonder how much manipulation is going on with the figures. The transportation sector is really bad right now. If the US and Canadian economies are adding employment numbers and going as strong as they are reported to be, then why is the Transportation sector down so bad. Here's a story that I believe more accurately depicts the current state of the North American economy. https://wolfstreet.com/2019/03/18/de...based-economy/ And here's a website for traders to bookmark, its the DAT freight index they report truckload freight monthly it can give you an accurate picture of the current state of the economy. Currently there is a 53.5% decrease in spot market truckloads in Apr 2019 compared to Apr 2018. https://www.dat.com/industry-trends/trendlines If the movement of goods are down that dramatically, then the economy is nowhere near as healthy as "they'd" like you to believe.

DiamondMiner May 13, 2019 1:43pm | Post# 30457

1 Attachment(s)
Got AJ buy however in DD on EA Short
Click to Enlarge

Name: AJ BUY.jpg
Size: 91 KB

Swede May 13, 2019 2:13pm | Post# 30458

Closed All {image}
Very nice work !!

emmkwad May 13, 2019 2:21pm | Post# 30459

1 Attachment(s)
Closed Gold