Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Pivot Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=588764)

fibo38 Apr 30, 2019 1:22pm | Post# 29681

2 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPCADH1.png
Size: 74 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: EURAUDH1.png
Size: 65 KB

v2vboni Apr 30, 2019 1:37pm | Post# 29682

4 Attachment(s)
News Events indicator: updates

1. ...now with first-row news line on-chartClick to Enlarge

Name: New_News_Events.jpg
Size: 100 KBName:  New_News_hover2_Events.jpg
Views: 2298
Size:  48 KB
    News_Events.ex4
  2. classic version without tooltip and news line on-chartNews.ex4

Hyperfire Apr 30, 2019 1:37pm | Post# 29683

1 Attachment(s)
Greetings someone watching NU currently ?
near R38 we also have news ahead, seems interesting set-up will form sooner.
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDUSDH4.png
Size: 59 KB

r61 Apr 30, 2019 1:39pm | Post# 29684

1 Attachment(s)
Loaded some longs on AJ

Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDJPYH1.png
Size: 63 KB

Egbert Apr 30, 2019 2:00pm | Post# 29685

1 Attachment(s)
Just for the PEOPLE that do not believe but complain, and I crop the picture just for them.
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCAD.M30.png
Size: 58 KB

Hyperfire Apr 30, 2019 2:05pm | Post# 29686

Just for the PEOPLE that do not believe but complain, and I crop the picture just for them. {image}
Nice catch i was late, during this day can't watch chart properly so most of opportunity already goes.
Patience and more of them will come for sure !

Glad you and other catch it !!!!

Mundo Apr 30, 2019 2:55pm | Post# 29687

{quote} i am deciding my moves on Davit's strategy watching PA always and also focused on the swings for example you can see this PA is bearish and WP is my entry point because you can see on H4 tf PA touched several time to WP but not able to break it means i can enter from that point {image}
That would be playing with fire IMO

Davit Apr 30, 2019 3:02pm | Post# 29688

{quote} And I thought "forex diva" was somebody else..... ;-) If you make money the way you claim to make money critics would pearl off your skin like it's made out of teflon. But the hardest thing is the point where you have to admit that the market is efficient and you have wasted a lot of your time chasing the dream they sell you 24/7. It's highly unlikely that you will be an exception Davit.... And yes, spend your time with your family and dedicate it to your real job.... the income you generate there has a far better risk/reward than anything...
you are wrong as simple as that and you are removed.

Mundo Apr 30, 2019 3:02pm | Post# 29689

Greetings someone watching NU currently ? near R38 we also have news ahead, seems interesting set-up will form sooner. {image}
I am waiting on news because this could very well head north, along with EU and AU which I am seeing heading north as well. Also I see what is called mirror trade...which is basically similar moves mirroring each other...NU move up from S38 is similar to move down from R38...now consolidating...guess what might be the next move...

RieseP Apr 30, 2019 3:04pm | Post# 29690

{quote} That would be playing with fire IMO
I agree its not to say it couldnt work and people have shown good results trading like this. Different horses for different courses

Davit Apr 30, 2019 3:05pm | Post# 29691

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys thanks for well wishes and support.It really gave me new confidence to continue since this is becoming something really beautiful and profitable.

You guys are correct.Going to focus on my trading and people who get it.If you dont then it has nothing to do with me.

With that closed GU with beautiful profit. Almost 2k today. Missed the short on EC because was at work.
Still DD on AJ but 2lots. Not 40 lots as some idiot claimed name starting with H. You'll read lot of BS what I do.Almost all get it wrong.

Find it amusing the guy claiming he worked for a bank for 15 years and all Fibs are BS according to him and here I am CNTtrader, MrPip Scott making good money trading exactly that Fibs! Have over 10k trades over 4 year period all based on Fibs and PA. Its really ironic....
MA are BS,Fibs are BS,Pivots are BS,techinals are BS,News are BS Elliot waves are BS and yet there are many many traders trading some components of these successfully. In the heart of it its you the Trader that makes it work!
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 7 KB

RieseP Apr 30, 2019 3:09pm | Post# 29692

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} I am waiting on news because this could very well head north, along with EU and AU which I am seeing heading north as well. Also I see what is called mirror trade...which is basically similar moves mirroring each other...NU move up from S38 is similar to move down from R38...now consolidating...guess what might be the next move...
I agree especially kiwi which i think has been oversold, with the Yen on holidays is this the next safe haven after heavy week of fundies?

And Davit your part of the furniture here at FF. it's crucial we have guidance in order succeed in our journey.......Take you back page 4.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 71 KB

Davit Apr 30, 2019 3:22pm | Post# 29693

{quote} I agree especially kiwi which i think has been oversold, with the Yen on holidays is this the next safe haven after heavy week of fundies? And Davit your part of the furniture here at FF. Just like the other Gurus you mentioned it's crucial we have guidance in order succeed in our journey.......Take you back page 4. {image}
I strongly dislike "gurus" find it offensive and I think my friends as well.Lets keep that out of it please.

Davit Apr 30, 2019 3:25pm | Post# 29694

{quote} Hey Davit, keep the winners mentality brotha! Winners know! Winners understand their sphere of influence and pursue the awesome experience! Winners understand that accomplishing something of insignificance doesn't really feel like a win at all. They rarely waste time with boring or mundane projects or initiatives that don't hold their interest. In fact they find ways to execute mundane things with little effort. Life is finite. Winners invest their time and energy in the things that excite them and as a result reap benefit for themselves...
Thank you my friend.You always pop over in most critical times! Means a lot to me.

To amuse you.You may want to read this.
These theories don't work and never will. Elliot (Elliot Wave) made no money from his theory and neither will you. As for the Fibonacci number sequence This was devised in the 12th century, to solve a problem to do with the copulation of rabbits and has nothing to do with finance. NOTHING. It's complete bullshit. Leave the above theories to the dreamers and traders who believe it's easy to make money. When you trade you are involved in trading odds NOT certainties, don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise. If markets moved to a scientific...

Davit Apr 30, 2019 3:29pm | Post# 29695

USDCAD looking good {image} Closed UC with 841 Pips up 4.59% for April, I'm still learning but getting better every month with the help of you guys. Thanks Davit !!!! {image}
That's beautiful and you deserve it buddy! I think this might be your biggest gain if I am not mistaken

Davit Apr 30, 2019 3:36pm | Post# 29696

Pay close attention to US Personal Spending negative data. Market did not get the numbers to confirm survey expectation. There is economic growth and job creation but no positive evidence of consumer spending. All the positive outcomes might eventually mean nothing if people are not spending and might not help the FED change from neutral position. I am looking to see dollar strength early to go dollar short towards mid to end of week but being very selective on trades taken and aiming for 20 - 25 average...
1st Thank you for your support.It really showed you are a man with character!I noticed very nice progression of your thought process and see you growing as a trader.This is kind of things I look for others a keen observations that creates pathways to get in sink with order flow, market sentiment.
Why I insist you guys do the calendar.It has larger ramifications

Davit Apr 30, 2019 3:41pm | Post# 29697

EN NU AU AC EJ {image} {image} {image} {image} {image}
You are hitting all the cylinders.Very well done!You have been very consistent and that's something special.

Davit Apr 30, 2019 4:29pm | Post# 29698

Looks like one of my trolls was here claiming he followed my system for 3years and was not successful. Fair but real question is was he really following my system or failing to apply my rules.
There are many many senior pivot traders here are trading the system successfully and consistently.How is it possible that for some it works and others it did not.
For the answer look what the successful pivoters are doing right and look what failed pivot traders doing wrong.

This brings back to Turtle experiment Worth the read (google it and read it). Majority of selected participants failed even with thousands of trading capital not of their own provided and hands on training as well.Majority could not follow the rules.These were bright people carefully screened out.It all came down to execution.Majority could not execute the core principle of Turtle Trading.
Same here it all comes down to executing the principles of pivot trading.

Below one of the most consistent Pivot traders here. There are many many more but just using him as an example.
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...5#post12230995
Ask him what's his secret!
I am happy to be part of the best thread of FF. Profit this week . (04/14 to 04/19 Gain: 3,69% -- us$ 767.84) Profit PARTIAL this month April . (04/01 to 04/18 Gain: 10,32% -- us$ 2,145.18) AVERAGE 11 weeks . (us$ 7,354.64 / 11 weeks -- us$ 668.00) Thanks God, Thank you Davit, and also thanks to you that, in some way, also contributes to the consistency of this thread . !!!! {image} {image} {image} {image} {image} {image} {image}

Husky77 Apr 30, 2019 4:38pm | Post# 29699

Looks like one of my trolls was here claiming he followed my system for 3years and was not successful. Fair but real question is was he really following my system or failing to apply my rules. There are many many senior pivot traders here are trading the system successfully and consistently.How is it possible that for some it works and others it did not. For the answer look what the successful pivoters are doing right and look what failed pivot traders doing wrong. This brings back to Turtle experiment Worth the read (google it and read it). Majority...
If we talk about same guy i was commented in other thread than that was really funny. how the heck to follow one system based on weekly levels and zones and only after 3 years you figured it doesnt work,i had so much fun on this one. for this system you dont need much to see if there 's a problem between screen and chair,then you can take some proper action. but 3 years to figure ? ... damn what if system was based on monthly pivots what then? hahahaha

Davit Apr 30, 2019 4:45pm | Post# 29700

{quote} If we talk about same guy i was commented in other thread than that was really funny. how the heck to follow one system based on weekly levels and zones and only after 3 years you figured it doesnt work,i had so much fun on this one. for this system you dont need much to see if there 's a problem between screen and chair,then you can take some proper action. but 3 years to figure ? ... damn what if system was based on monthly pivots what then? hahahaha
I suspect he was lying and also claiming back testing it did not work! Dahhh I already have my opinion posted here about back testing.Claims sometimes I took trades at WP or 38 and not part of the system...Yes I covered that as well which tells me the guy was lying.If you had been here for 3 years you would of seen the context of all those trades at WP and 38 where majority are range market situations which I covered.
Bottom line the guy was lying thoroughly or totally inept.

© Forex Factory