Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Pivot Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=588764)

Davit Apr 12, 2019 4:08pm | Post# 28681

1 Attachment(s)
I may let this run to next week
classic Pivot trading example
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDCADH1.png
Size: 36 KB

Davit Apr 12, 2019 4:14pm | Post# 28682

{quote} Not only dairy farming, I was recently cheif engineer at a hop processing factory, quite different to the wine we produce also, come on down some time and I will show you around. Enjoy your weekend.
I heard NZ has best roads for motorcycling.That's my passion sure would be lovely see the country on 2wheels
Thanks for the offer!

Davit Apr 12, 2019 4:17pm | Post# 28683

{quote} Hello friend I didnt trade manual so often since a while due to some other work,but when i do trade... pivots are always on my chart. saw a lot of mess from trolls and no matter what they will say for me guidance from pivots does work. for me and for many others who really mastered this method. next week on a short holidays but will try post more from my manual trading, and since i will have more time yes i will participate more. cheers P.S. someone asked i think one indicator for show profit in money, i have one but dont calculate commissions...
Trolls are just nuisance.They don't bother me. One in particular (you know who it is) reads me religiously even going back years posts.Talk about dedication to the craft of trolling

If only those energies were focused on productive endeavors

v2vboni Apr 12, 2019 4:21pm | Post# 28684

1 Attachment(s)
AU: M30 TF

...that R38 pullback was pretty strong rejection. However, congrats to those who shorted at R100 yesterday.
Click to Enlarge

Name: au_v2v.jpg
Size: 450 KB

Davit Apr 12, 2019 4:24pm | Post# 28685

AU: M30 TF ...that R38 pullback was pretty strong rejection. However, congrats to those who shorted at R100 yesterday. {image}
To an intelligent people Pivots are goldmine to less keen ones bunch of lines!

Thanks for your work on news indi

Davit Apr 12, 2019 4:26pm | Post# 28686

1 Attachment(s)
this should be on your radar next week AJ
Why I didnt short it? Didn't see PA also remember we went over crosses and majors. UJ was not badging down
There is nothing random what I do
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDJPYH1.png
Size: 32 KB

ikdenk Apr 12, 2019 9:07pm | Post# 28687

Every time I said ď I am done for the week ď new set ups shows up . I donít like to trade Fridayís , swaps over weekend ............
This is a misconception.

There are NO swaps over the weekend. That's why you pay triple swaps at the Wednesday close, they compensate for Saturday and Sunday.

Bobby.fx Apr 13, 2019 3:18am | Post# 28688

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} you need to read this book to get confidence.Its life paradigm shift "We are not our mistakes!" Phase of Success- The word Ďsuccessí is used to describe eight stages that a person must go through on their quest to becoming a confident version of themselves with a positive self-image. Becoming this person is necessary for achieving any version of success. Success stands for (S)ense of direction, as in your goals, (U)nderstanding the needs of yourself and others, (C)ourage, (C)ompassion, (E)steem and self-respect, (S)elf-acceptance, or learning...
Psycho-Cybernetics.pdf

Paolino Apr 13, 2019 3:56am | Post# 28689

Updatesprevious post deleted) 07:23 AM Friday, April 12, 2019 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) Code optimization Removed Global Variables dependency for XML update/check Updated News Box Settings. (1) News.ex4 ─ classic ( web XML update/check run/reset timer from an on-load event ) {file} (2) News_Event.ex4 ─ classic but with button control for impact selection ( web XML update/check run/reset timer from an on-load event and when switching from News OFF to ON ) {file} {image}
Thank you very much for your indi. Really appreciated.
Is there the possibility to insert vertical lines on chart with tooltip and colors according to news importance?
Otherwise I could try to enhance this feature if I could have source code.
Anyway, well done!

Davit Apr 13, 2019 5:33am | Post# 28690

Just a reminder guys

Do your calendar events if you want to succeed as a trader.Being ignorant is NOT an EDGE

Success is a habit here!Develop it and get addicted to it.

Davit Apr 13, 2019 5:57am | Post# 28691

You going to read lot of BS in this forums people labeling common support Resistance levels with different labels naming channels etc.
Its important to focus what we do here.

I dislike BS and my approach to trading is real as it gets.No fluff no self promotion no self flattery.
Stick to it.

koziolq Apr 13, 2019 5:59am | Post# 28692

1 Attachment(s)
Seems like this month is going to be very fruitful - thanks to ALL.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-04-13 o 11.20.09.png
Size: 56 KB

ppxdf Apr 13, 2019 9:16am | Post# 28693

1 Attachment(s)
i am using this template to prepare my calendar events
14.to.20.calendar.event.xlsx

shotshell Apr 13, 2019 10:01am | Post# 28694

i am using this template to prepare my calendar events {file}

Thanks!!

denisius Apr 13, 2019 12:15pm | Post# 28695

I usually trying to keep myself away from FF and trading thoughts on weekend, just to clear my mind and reset before next week but this calendar is exciting too much . A, E, C , U - all of them in my radar. Now look closely. All 4 currencies made magor moves in one direction. A was strong , C was weak, U mixed but strong and E mixed. This is what I think means PA developing. I am not trading G pairs. Not that I donít know what to do with it, just I donít see a reason to risk. Let Brexit settles and then I can continue to trade it. Remember people who askedĒ should I hold UJĒ you saw what happened. The more and more every week I understand what Patience means really. Not hour not day-can be weeks of watching and waiting for perfect set up. And right now a lot of pairs in major reversal levels. I wish I can take vacation earlier to trade full week and pay full attention to market. I will probably concentrate on A and C pairs.

Davit Apr 13, 2019 2:24pm | Post# 28696

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Sure am!! It was a huge mistake getting in too early, but I think I've learnt a few things from it. I'm jotting it down on my notebook - Importance of DOL and PA during these times - Look for low ADR pairs, although slow at times it will get me thinking dynamically and hopefully allow me to build some good practices - MM and Risk. I've never used trade manager, usually stops but I may consider this when I'm rushed in for work - Fundies rule, the spike up on EN was unjustified (apart from WTI hitting lows). Hang in there, have enough rounds...
I was thinking about you today actually.You have displayed classic case of someone over trading.Position too large and you wet your pants and make stupid decisions. Reduce until you can trade with peace of mind.This is critical.

We were on same trade your mindset was "please let me get out without a loss" Mine was let me wait as long as I can to milk this bitch dry."
You got out 6740-45 I think I am almost certain I got out at 6698 average price significant difference.
That's the difference.Same trade 2 very different mindsets 2 different outcomes. You made 35 something I made 575
This on top I had 40 other trades running....
Work on this.Reduce!until you can relax and maximize profits.
cheers

This is general for everyone

Your broker loves it when you use high leverage or bigger positions.Its good business for them because chances of busting the account is huge.
They never tell you reduce its not their interest....

Contrary to popular beliefs reducing position is critical of growing the account.This you rarely read about it.
Even here at FF trade explorer section you read incredible % gains which are almost all high leverage small accounts however how many have been around more then a year? Exactly cycle of gain and bust and back to rat race.Get smart understand the reality of the industry.
Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1594
Size:  14 KB

Husky77 Apr 13, 2019 2:35pm | Post# 28697

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} I was thinking about you today actually.You have displayed classic case of someone over trading.Position too large and you wet your pants and make stupid decisions. Reduce until you can trade with peace of mind.This is critical. We were on same trade your mindset was "please let me get out without a loss" Mine was let me wait as long as I can to milk this bitch dry." You got out 6740-45 I think I am almost certain I got out at 6704 significant difference. That's the difference.Same trade 2 very different mindset 2 different outcomes. You...
that DO hard to break was a sign for probable more up movement of price.
some who are new to this might need more patience and let price travel more far from pivot before to start any entries hunt.

this should be on your radar next week AJ Why I didnt short it? Didn't see PA also remember we went over crosses and majors. UJ was not badging down There is nothing random what I do {image}
I'm on this since we got out from the previous range zone. curios where price will head with the data will come next week. seems they are confident in some expectations.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_4.jpg
Size: 282 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_3.jpg
Size: 487 KB

Davit Apr 13, 2019 2:48pm | Post# 28698

I usually trying to keep myself away from FF and trading thoughts on weekend, just to clear my mind and reset before next week but this calendar is exciting too much . A, E, C , U - all of them in my radar. Now look closely. All 4 currencies made magor moves in one direction. A was strong , C was weak, U mixed but strong and E mixed. This is what I think means PA developing. I am not trading G pairs. Not that I donít know what to do with it, just I donít see a reason to risk. Let Brexit settles and then I can continue to trade it. Remember...
now your job is do your analyses and get in sink with the market.
Agree should be profitable week.

Davit Apr 13, 2019 2:59pm | Post# 28699

{quote} that DO hard to break was a sign for probable more up movement of price. some who are new to this might need more patience and let price travel more far from pivot before to start any entries hunt. {quote} I'm on this since we got out from the previous range zone. curios where price will head with the data will come next week. seems they are confident in some expectations. {image} {image}
My approach to calendar events is simple
I educate myself what's coming up.Loosely plan scenarios what could happen then watch the market and react to it LIVE.
Nobody can predict the outcome or market reaction however you being informed have a better idea and confidence then someone being ignorant.
I don't know the future and I don't need to know it to make money.Seems paradoxical but that's pure trading.Every second is unknown.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy(the market) for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.” (Classic loser in trading)

Sun Tzu

above quote explains my core trading principles.

EcoTrader Apr 13, 2019 2:59pm | Post# 28700

{quote} that DO hard to break was a sign for probable more up movement of price. some who are new to this might need more patience and let price travel more far from pivot before to start any entries hunt. {quote} I'm on this since we got out from the previous range zone. curios where price will head with the data will come next week. seems they are confident in some expectations. {image} {image}

The rba are watching employment very very closely. It is the last straw that will force their hand if it starts to deteriorate. So long as there isn't a strong risk on profile that would soften the blow, a bad number would be a sell for sure but a great number might catapult it out of that range. Going to be a good week if there are deviations

© Forex Factory