Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Pivot Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=588764)

shotshell Dec 20, 2018 10:46am | Post# 23661

1 Attachment(s)
Finally E/C has rolled over
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 640 KB

bubincka Dec 20, 2018 11:13am | Post# 23662

CJ is sinking like a rock now beyond WS200.
CAD is inherently weak during this period, it depends too much on oil price that is and remains low.
Let's see if tomorrow news expcted to print green will bring some relief.

darksize Dec 20, 2018 11:25am | Post# 23663

1 Attachment(s)
WTI {image}
Closed trade with small loss
Click to Enlarge

Name: WTIM15.png
Size: 68 KB

Apiga Dec 20, 2018 11:31am | Post# 23664

2 Attachment(s)
Hi there,

Attachment 3138322

Wanted to share the PivotsP indicator just created. Draws lines for all popular techniques, camarilla, woodie, fibo.
I hope it will be useful. Feedback appreciated.
PivotPoints.All-In-One.ex4

darksize Dec 20, 2018 11:39am | Post# 23665

Hi there, {image} Wanted to share the PivotsP indicator just created. Draws lines for all popular techniques, camarilla, woodie, fibo. I hope it will be useful. Feedback appreciated. {file}
Looks like interesting location for long entry too.

Cryptosurf Dec 20, 2018 11:43am | Post# 23666

{quote} Closed trade with small loss {image}
PA is choppy af today

RieseP Dec 20, 2018 11:46am | Post# 23667

{quote} PA is choppy af today
Own up, who closed there trades on a loss or whos in massive DD. People Sure gone quiet.

OhComeOn Dec 20, 2018 11:57am | Post# 23668

Just waiting on EC here, finished my other trades.

bubincka Dec 20, 2018 12:02pm | Post# 23669

18% DD, not good I can only learn from this, I’m holding on my E/C shorts and got into too early on my A/J longs. I think I need to stop opening so many postions
Hi RieseP

I think what you're saying is a matter that relates to many traders here, myself included.

It's always difficult to read charts and understand if and when PA is close to a reversal or more trend is there to come.
Weekly pivots are a very good roadmap, but of course can't predict the future.
A good mix of knowing fundamentals and following their evolution plus considering PA at extreme levels can add some more clues.

With respect to the issue of jumping on many trades we need to reinforce patience and discipline.

Best regards,
Bubincka

RieseP Dec 20, 2018 12:10pm | Post# 23670

{quote} Hi RieseP I think what you're saying is a matter that relates to many traders here, myself included. It's always difficult to read charts and understand if and when PA is close to a reversal or more trend is there to come. Weekly pivots are a very good roadmap, but of course can't predict the future. A good mix of knowing fundamentals and following their evolution plus considering PA at extreme levels can add some more clues. With respect to the issue of jumping on many trades we need to reinforce patience and discipline....
Thanks Bub,

your right and I honestly believe you have to make mistakes in order to learn, you have to be willing to get your fingers burnt from time to time. It easy to talk theoretical about the markets but when your trading live and your in the zone its completely different and especially of the back of few consecutive wins you begin to let ego take over and so you jump in trades with out doing your due dillgence.

Im trying to learn a craft and learn my own style and that takes time.

Im student to the game

Cryptosurf Dec 20, 2018 12:30pm | Post# 23671

{quote} Own up, who closed there trades on a loss or whos in massive DD. People Sure gone quiet.
Im sure some are getting nut kicked after yesterdays FOMC banga lol.

On a side note, i find it keeps me out of trouble trading WTI and Natty on the 5M candle, with fib pivots set on 4H.
Trade the distribution/decline only is there's a late markup in the previous 4h period.

Cryptosurf Dec 20, 2018 12:32pm | Post# 23672

2 Attachment(s)
18% DD, not good I can only learn from this, I’m holding on my E/C shorts and got into too early on my A/J longs. I think I need to stop opening so many postions
Heres the problem, get in the habit of looking left on the higher TF's for trouble areas. AJ may have a bounce soon, EC blew thru the previous highs.

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURCAD_Daily.png
Size: 79 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDJPY_Daily.png
Size: 83 KB

bubincka Dec 20, 2018 12:52pm | Post# 23673

{quote} Heres the problem, get in the habit of looking left on the higher TF's for trouble areas. AJ may have a bounce soon, EC blew thru the previous highs. {image} {image}
Hi Cryptosurf,

I agree with you that sometimes looking left on the higher TF's can generate bad entries by fooling the trader making him believe that since PA is at extreme level a reversal is imminent. And for EC and AJ you brought as examples you're right.

At the same time I continue to believe that looking left on the higher TF's can be a valuable behaviour at the condition that you don't simply enter into a trade because of what you saw left. Usual PA reading, ADR exceeded, 61/100 pivots levels + weekly calendar give the big picture, then is up to the trader pull the trigger or stay on the sidelines.

Best regards,
Bubincka

Merka Dec 20, 2018 1:09pm | Post# 23674

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Heres the problem, get in the habit of looking left on the higher TF's for trouble areas. AJ may have a bounce soon, EC blew thru the previous highs. {image} {image}
Very likely price will reverse from first D supply zone marked that is also embedded in a W supply zone as it's overstretched and above WR161.
If that supply fails we have another D&W supply just above.
Cheers
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURCADDaily 20-12-2018.png
Size: 50 KB

Cryptosurf Dec 20, 2018 1:25pm | Post# 23675

{quote} Hi Cryptosurf, I agree with you that sometimes looking left on the higher TF's can generate bad entries by fooling the trader making him believe that since PA is at extreme level a reversal is imminent.
That's not what i was saying at all.
AJ showed there were previous lows that could be tested, blowing thru the weekly S100.
EC tested previous highs and blew thru weekly R100.

The problem people run into, is using these levels as hard confirmations. PA will always be the hard confirmation.
Trade the hard PA rejection on these levels, and if they fail then get out.

Cryptosurf Dec 20, 2018 1:39pm | Post# 23676

1 Attachment(s)
Its also good to keep an eye on GOLD when trading any XXXJPY pairs. Often due to the Yen Carry Trade, PA will mirror.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Yen Carry.png
Size: 78 KB

zzz18 Dec 20, 2018 2:07pm | Post# 23677

Its also good to keep an eye on GOLD when trading any XXXJPY pairs. Often due to the Yen Carry Trade, PA will mirror. {image}
Really cool , thanks bro

1pipperhour Dec 20, 2018 2:14pm | Post# 23678

EC bloodbath ...

Cryptosurf Dec 20, 2018 2:22pm | Post# 23679

EC bloodbath ...
The bigger the run, the harder the fall.
Lets see if this snaps back with tomorrows CAD data.

milicentfx Dec 20, 2018 2:25pm | Post# 23680

EC bloodbath ...
The bigger the run, the harder the fall.
Lets see if this snaps back with tomorrows CAD data.

.....remember......big boys are gone......

© Forex Factory