Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Pivot Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=588764)

forexdg Dec 19, 2018 2:53pm | Post# 23601

hi Davit and members of thread
I like idea of use net to catch more fish by use pivots
I dont trade this system yet because I dont understand it entire
its easy to understand what Davit say about enter and add at important pivots 61 and 78 and 100
i understand this part but I dont understand some charts of Davit when he enter at other pivots
Im guessing this is profesional entries and for newbies of this system its good to use only entry at 61 and 78 and 100 until we master this type of entrys
I will prepare charts when I am ready for trade the system, unfortunately Im not ready yet and need more study
good trading for everyone!

shotshell Dec 19, 2018 2:58pm | Post# 23602

EURCAD Waiting patiently for the candle on the H4 to close then i go all out
I don't get it -E/U pukes & goes to hell in a handbasket but E/C is more or less stable in comparison after the FOMC news. Anyone care to explain to me why?

armaros Dec 19, 2018 3:13pm | Post# 23603

It's a very tricky day.

Neil0163 Dec 19, 2018 3:23pm | Post# 23604

{quote} I don't get it -E/U pukes & goes to hell in a handbasket but E/C is more or less stable in comparison after the FOMC news. Anyone care to explain to me why?
Some form of manipulation/postion postioning by bigger funds?

Cryptosurf Dec 19, 2018 3:28pm | Post# 23605

{quote} Some form of manipulation/postion postioning by bigger funds?
Not really, this was all happening during Fed Powell speech and Q&A. Indexes were crashing affecting USD. CAD wouldn't be affected.

Edit: When Indexes crash, USD rally's sending XXXUSD pairs south.

OhComeOn Dec 19, 2018 3:29pm | Post# 23606

{quote} I don't get it -E/U pukes & goes to hell in a handbasket but E/C is more or less stable in comparison after the FOMC news. Anyone care to explain to me why?
Oh this is easy, its because your broker just likes to mess with you. Happens all the time right? Everything lines up perfect, you are positioned perfect, and BAM, nothing happens while the other pairs moves like crazy. HAHAHAHA seriously, I have no idea.

Cryptosurf Dec 19, 2018 3:32pm | Post# 23607

{quote} Oh this is easy, its because your broker just likes to mess with you. Happens all the time right? Everything lines up perfect, you are positioned perfect, and BAM, nothing happens while the other pairs moves like crazy. HAHAHAHA seriously, I have no idea.
Were you guys unaware what today was (FOMC) and what affect it may have on the market?

OhComeOn Dec 19, 2018 3:36pm | Post# 23608

{quote} Were you guys unaware what today was (FOMC) and what affect it may have on the market?
What is this FOMC you speak of Crypto? LOL Yes I was aware, I am in EC because I wanted to avoid some of that craziness this week. I am in a good mood today, it has been a good week, I am breathing, and looking forward to next year.

Davit Dec 19, 2018 3:39pm | Post# 23609

hi guys just got back from work
FYI I work 30-35hrs a week NOT 70hrs
Anyone caught massive drop on AC?

RieseP Dec 19, 2018 3:39pm | Post# 23610

Just sit tight, let markets settle and take advantage of it. The way I see it for myself is I can have a opinion on how the markets should act with the big fundamentals but sometimes a pair can print red and the pair goes north, leaving you scratching your head .

So I generally just try get a rough idea but let the markets do itís thing, Iím in DD but no more than 7%. I can afford to wait for the perfect set up .

Unless your a market Wiz Kid, sit in sidelines and wait for the perfect strike.

Neil0163 Dec 19, 2018 3:43pm | Post# 23611

hi guys just got back from work FYI I work 30-35hrs a week NOT 70hrs Anyone caught massive drop on AC?
closed out early due to cad news today made profit but if id have held that would have been nice

Davit Dec 19, 2018 3:49pm | Post# 23612

once things settle down CAD will rebound strongly and already is heading that way hence no rush to get out
Crude hit bottom and correction is due

Powell is overly optimistic but reality is going to bite soon.His reckless hikes are going to tank the markets and economy and American public is once again going to hold the brown bag

Here is what I don't understand how can Feds raise rates when global economy is slowing down.We are not in a cocoon soon or later outside forces are going to slow our economy as well hence why exhilarate the process? Its bewildering to me

GreenEarth Dec 19, 2018 3:53pm | Post# 23613

No Davit , actually I was sitting on the sidelines , missed the quick drop. Oil , as you know is still under tremendous pressure. Quickly broke $48/bbl , and quickly retreated.
Actually , I caught your post the other day about oil getting close.
Thin markets.
Quite comfortable sitting right now due to PATIENCE that I developed due to your thread.

Regards ,
GE

Davit Dec 19, 2018 3:56pm | Post# 23614

1 Attachment(s)
No Davit , actually I was sitting on the sidelines , missed the quick drop. Oil , as you know is still under tremendous pressure. Quickly broke $48/bbl , and quickly retreated. Actually , I caught your post the other day about oil getting close. Thin markets. Quite comfortable sitting right now due to PATIENCE that I developed due to your thread. Regards , GE
That's great attitude and behavior AJ worth a look
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDJPYDaily.png
Size: 49 KB

Davit Dec 19, 2018 4:19pm | Post# 23615

1 Attachment(s)
Once again we don't sell at Key S pivots 61-100 and we don't buy at R61-100
There are no exceptions just DON'T
Don't fall for any Moving average! Forces that can move price are not moving averages!There is a reason that my chart/ system does not have MA's
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDJPYDaily.png
Size: 54 KB

Davit Dec 19, 2018 4:48pm | Post# 23616

1 Attachment(s)
Finally the darling of the "safe Heaven" currency NZD is showing cracks! Great because I am selling shit loads of it
Got tired of love it had been getting!I sensed it was too good to be true!Finally Dairy king is falling!

AN longs and NC shorts looking lot better
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 2 KB

Cryptosurf Dec 19, 2018 4:50pm | Post# 23617

Once again we don't sell at Key S pivots 61-100 and we don't buy at R61-100 There are no exceptions just DON'T Don't fall for any Moving average! Forces that can move price are not moving averages!There is a reason that my chart/ system does not have MA's {image}
Exactly this. If anything pivots will keep you on side with the basic rule of buying at support, selling at resistance.

Davit Dec 19, 2018 4:57pm | Post# 23618

Loaded up on AJ nice spot
with +swap its great trade IMO

RieseP Dec 19, 2018 4:58pm | Post# 23619

Anyone looking at U/C?

Davit Dec 19, 2018 4:59pm | Post# 23620

Anyone looking at U/C?
Been short

© Forex Factory