Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Pivot Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=588764)

skippyone Nov 15, 2018 4:01am | Post# 22701

On GU again trend is bull Low of 126.80 weekly making higher highs and we are at 1.30 Are we in sink guys? Any confusion?Do I have to read another idiot proclaiming GU dropping to 115? or Euro to parity? These guys annoy the crap out of me and are mostly amateurish rookies. Stay focused.Watch PA read the calendar and be in "the know" what is happening now.Ignore the proclamations of amateurs
GU for me right now is all about BREXIT. Very volatile price action with ministers resigning left and right. I look forward to the day when fundamentals are back in play.

MoneyTalks58 Nov 15, 2018 4:06am | Post# 22702

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: YL5prt1.png
Size: 41 KB

J1mm Nov 15, 2018 4:08am | Post# 22703

{image}
Awesome catch

sharingan9 Nov 15, 2018 4:09am | Post# 22704

{quote} GU for me right now is all about BREXIT. Very volatile price action with ministers resigning left and right. I look forward to the day when fundamentals are back in play.
Yes. GU for me was bullish and I got some nice pips out of it but I wanted a bigger move. I closed it with good profit and I was going to reload but with this resignation I will wait and see what happens. I am still bullish on GU though.

https://www.forexfactory.com/news.php?do=news&id=848397

I hate trading gbp pairs with this brexit business. over 2 years and we are just now approaching a deal lol. However when you get a set up and your rules are met you take the trade.

1pipperhour Nov 15, 2018 4:19am | Post# 22705

It has been floating around some time now, but it sums up all this Brexit thing pretty good

LEAVER: I want an omelette.
REMAINER: Right. Itís just we havenít got any eggs.
LEAVER: Yes, we have. There they are. [HE POINTS AT A CAKE]
REMAINER: Theyíre in the cake.
LEAVER: Yes, get them out of the cake, please.
REMAINER: But we voted in 1974 to put them into a cake.
LEAVER: Yes, but that cake has got icing on it. Nobody said there was going to be icing on it.
REMAINER: Icing is good.
LEAVER: And there are raisins in it. I donít like raisins. Nobody mentioned raisins. I demand another vote.
DAVID CAMERON ENTERS.
DAVID CAMERON: OK.
DAVID CAMERON SCARPERS.
LEAVER: Right, whereís my omelette?
REMAINER: I told you, the eggs are in the cake.
LEAVER: Well, get them out.
EU: Itís our cake.
JEREMY CORBYN: Yes, get them out now.
REMAINER: I have absolutely no idea how to get them out. Donít you know how to get them out?
LEAVER: Yes! You just get them out and then you make an omelette.
REMAINER: But how?! Didnít you give this any thought?
LEAVER: Saboteur! Youíre talking eggs down. We could make omelettes before the eggs went into the cake, so thereís no reason why we canít make them now.
THERESA MAY: Itís OK, I can do it.
REMAINER: How?
THERESA MAY: There was a vote to remove the eggs from the cake, and so the eggs will be removed from the cake.
REMAINER: Yeah, butÖ
LEAVER: Hang on, if we take the eggs out of the cake, does that mean we donít have any cake? I didnít say I didnít want the cake, just the bits I donít like.
REMAINER: But you canít take the eggs out of the cake and then still have a cake.
LEAVER: You can. I saw the latest Bake Off and you can definitely make cakes without eggs in them. Itís just that theyíre horrible.
REMAINER: Fine. Take the eggs out. See what happens.
LEAVER: Itís not my responsibility to take the eggs out. Get on with it.
REMAINER: Why should I have to come up with some long-winded incredibly difficult chemical process to extract eggs that have bonded at the molecular level to the cake, while somehow still having the cake?
LEAVER: You lost, get over it.
THERESA MAY: By the way, Iíve started the clock on this.
REMAINER: So I assume you have a plan?
THERESA MAY: Actually, back in a bit. Just having another election.
REMAINER: Jeremy, are you going to sort this out?
JEREMY CORBYN: Yes. No. Maybe.
LEAVER: Whereís my omelette? I voted for an omelette.
REMAINER: This is ridiculous. This is never going to work. We should have another vote, or at least stop what weíre doing until we know how to get the eggs out of the cake while keeping the bits of the cake that we all like.
LEAVER/MAY/CORBYN: WE HAD A VOTE. STOP SABOTAGING THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE. EGGSIT MEANS EGGSIT.
REMAINER: Fine, Iím moving to France. The cakes are nicer there.
LEAVER: You canít. Weíve taken your freedom of movement.

ranilo.vince Nov 15, 2018 4:38am | Post# 22706

{image}
Nice trade!

Well, make sure you lock in your profits coz GBP pairs are insane right now. You'll never know in a blink of an eye, you're already negative.

bubincka Nov 15, 2018 5:01am | Post# 22707

2 Attachment(s)
When BREXIT dust will finally settle down in whatever way and we'll be back to fundamentals we'll be presented with some good opportunities to buy GBP dips.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GN.jpg
Size: 147 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GA.jpg
Size: 151 KB

Husky77 Nov 15, 2018 5:02am | Post# 22708

2 Attachment(s)
overall i am bullish on pound , but for the moment just play what i can get...
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_5.jpg
Size: 447 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_4.jpg
Size: 436 KB

MoneyTalks58 Nov 15, 2018 5:06am | Post# 22709

{quote} Nice trade! Well, make sure you lock in your profits coz GBP pairs are insane right now. You'll never know in a blink of an eye, you're already negative.
Yeah already closed. That was enough.

skippyone Nov 15, 2018 5:23am | Post# 22710

So 2 senior ministers and 2 junior ministers now resigned. Prime Minister speech in 10 mins in house of commons should be interesting. In other news UJ continuing to move down.

fibo38 Nov 15, 2018 7:15am | Post# 22711

1 Attachment(s)
EN
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURNZDDaily.png
Size: 65 KB

J1mm Nov 15, 2018 8:14am | Post# 22712

NZDCAD hovering around R78, a breach down .90 could be a good starting point to build shorts.

J1mm Nov 15, 2018 9:53am | Post# 22713

UJ Shorts closed at S38, started to open shorts at R38 ,good pips

General Lee Nov 15, 2018 10:01am | Post# 22714

UJ Shorts closed at S38, started to open shorts at R38 ,good pips
my target s100

J1mm Nov 15, 2018 10:19am | Post# 22715

{quote} my target s100
*Reopens new batch* HAHA

Yeap, now I'm just going to trade pullbacks if new trend starts, but the counter trend trade, for me its done

Kobza1984 Nov 15, 2018 10:26am | Post# 22716

1 Attachment(s)
well, sorry about harmonics indi thats the first (but for me it is very helpfull thing/tool) second, price reached level that i am usually pass (but PA at lower TF is good, very good), third there is the boogey man Brexit... if is not, just call it textbook SHORT!
Click to Enlarge

Name: EGtoPIVOT.jpg
Size: 317 KB

Davit Nov 15, 2018 10:27am | Post# 22717

When there is carnage look for opportunities EG should be on watch list
its at extreme pivots now

bubincka Nov 15, 2018 11:00am | Post# 22718

1 Attachment(s)
When there is carnage look for opportunities EG should be on watch list its at extreme pivots now
It went up more than three times 20 days daily ADR, extreme levels for GA & GN too.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EG.jpg
Size: 138 KB

fxbarwise Nov 15, 2018 11:24am | Post# 22719

1 Attachment(s)
Remember this post?
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 13 KB

I think now is an opportune time to look for longs on GBP pairs - setup looking good for this now.

fxbarwise Nov 15, 2018 11:30am | Post# 22720

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} It went up more than three times 20 days daily ADR, extreme levels for GA & GN too. {image}
Smiling because I caught most of the initial move - just one position though.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURGBP_H1_strategy name_20181115182816.gif
Size: 31 KB

© Forex Factory