Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Free EA - Piggy n The Middle (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=587001)

Egosuma Mar 14, 2017 10:42am | Post# 1241

I am curious to which pair and which settings you use.
My gain is also about 50%, but my DD has been as high as 70%.

On average, I also have 10-15 % drawdown , but in 6 months I have encountered a much higher DD twice.
Overall I am happy with the results, but reading your postm things could be tweaked a bit better.

NB: I do trade in both directions, as opposed to your previous post. Drawdown did occur when the direction "bounces" of a support level.

thorn Mar 14, 2017 1:54pm | Post# 1242

I am curious to which pair and which settings you use..
Actually its "pairs". I never traded just one pair. Usually 3-4 at a time with reduced lot size (.01-.03) and I only trade one direction. Usually non correlated pairs although sometime I do trade correlated pairs but in opposite directions. Mostly look for the longer term trend and trade in that direction. Or for correlated pairs look for 2 that are ranging and trade one long/one short.Does it always work? No. I am under no illusion its perfect. I have been busy doing other stuff since the new year so I dont really monitor the demo much any more. Its been pretty much running pure mechanical. I will link the demo below and you can see the difference. Aug-Dec I was controlling EA and pairs traded. From Jan to present it was just going by itself with the same 4 pairs and no input from me. Me having control, the returns were much better. That is why I think a pure mechanical, set and forget grid is not that great. By monitoring it you can change lot size/grid space/TP and the pairs you want by reading what each pair is doing at the current time. I also would close the whole grid down when it reached a certain equity level. That way you could reset everything with a fresh grid. So if 1 or 2 pairs were not performing as expected, you were not locked into just waiting months for a retrace. More flexibility.
https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/off-the-grid/1768367

Egosuma Mar 14, 2017 5:11pm | Post# 1243

1 Attachment(s)
thx. I took the opportunity to also open a myfxbook.
Strange though, the balance is displayed incorrectly. The starting balance is way too high, which is somehow corrected in the end.
Click to Enlarge

Name: myfxbook.JPG
Size: 40 KB
Maybe it will sort out itself after a while.

Anyways, thanks for the tips.
For AUD/NZD I could find nice settings as well, but the GBP/USD was more to my taste so I opted for that.
For USD/JPY I have not found settings that were withing my risk-appetite.

Basically, I backtested and optimized for various currencies, and find the best results with a drawdown of max 10k over a 5 year period.
I'll keep my pc counting the numbers for the CAD/CHF pair over the coming days

kornrogers Mar 15, 2017 5:44am | Post# 1244

I'm glad people still trying and using this EA, it's one of the best I ever used, and it's free I'm using this EA, but with some tweaks, just like thorn said, it's not possible to let this kind of EA run with "set and forget" so, we need to be able to analyze the pair range and have some notions about trends, supports and resistances.

Whenever a pair is at an extreme value, like for eur/usd when touched 1.0340(In my case I closed it at 1.04, cause I thought it would not go deeper) I closed the short side grid, and let only the buy side run.

Now you ask, what if the price broke the support. Well in that case I would have to risk and open the short side again. I know it's not a perfect solution, but it's working for me. It's a real account, I've doubled it in 4 months, withdraw half and let the rest run.

Good luck to everyone using this.

thorn Mar 16, 2017 7:47am | Post# 1245

I'm glad people still trying and using this EA, it's one of the best I ever used, and it's free I'm using this EA, but with some tweaks, just like thorn said, it's not possible to let this kind of EA run with "set and forget" so, we need to be able to analyze the pair range and have some notions about trends, supports and resistances. Whenever a pair is at an extreme value, like for eur/usd when touched 1.0340(In my case I closed it at 1.04, cause I thought it would not go deeper) I closed the short side grid, and let only the buy side...
I think there are many ways to use this EA. You used your brain and used it as a tool that works for you. Too many are just looking for that get rich overnight EA and can't be bothered to do the work required to make any EA work. Good luck and continued success.

shay14 Jul 29, 2017 1:11pm | Post# 1246

1 Attachment(s)
backltesting this ea with the same settings many are profitable

but mine always fails in the end, maybe its my platform?
Click to Enlarge

Name: TesterGraph.gif
Size: 8 KB

mostforex Nov 15, 2017 3:35am | Post# 1247

Hello KeyDuck

I am very new to the EA and their use.

Can you please explain how to use the mq4 file? I tried it in the expert folder but it was not doing anything.

Would you please help.

Thanks
Mostafa

Hutch Dec 3, 2017 2:56pm | Post# 1248

Hi Mostafa,

All mq4 files need to be compiled in order to use them in MT4. Just click on the mq4 file and the Meta Editor will appear. The Meta Editor will show you the title of the mq4 file and its coding. All you have to do is to press "Compile" or F7 and the Meta Editor will compile the file into a usable ex4 file. It is important to check if the file has been compiled properly by looking at the error log at the bottom of the Meta Editor. If errors are shown they need to be corrected in order to use the ex4 files. If there is no error but only warnings the ex4 will work but sometimes not exactly as intended. When the mq4 file has been compiled into an ex4 file all you have to do is to restart your MT4 platform in order to use the EA or indicator that you compiled. Happy trading.

mostforex Dec 4, 2017 4:36am | Post# 1249

Hello Hutch

Thank you very much for the explanation. It is really useful.

However, I have one more question. How can I stop the EA at anytime I do not want to trade or at high risk news moments.

Thanks again
Mostafa

FXCyborg Nov 11, 2018 2:07am | Post# 1250

{quote} I am using a smaller grid size now. You are right about the MM. Had to go a bit more conservative to make the smaller grid work. 20-50 depending on pair. Small account (5k) and 50:1 leverage. Trade Multiple pairs(3-5)/small lot size, trade in one direction only. Using a U.S broker so no hedging. Thought this would be a difficult work around but I actually prefer the one direction grid over Bi-directional. Usually trade in direction of major trend but sometimes will trade bounces off support areas. Have a large TP target but usually end up...
K guys, this will not work on small balances on all pairs... you're going to need to use a nano account (1 cent a pip) to run this on a live with small balances, Standard/ECN accounts 1:100 leverage not suitable, need 1:500 leverage, use one pair until you double the account.. its going to take a while.

I spent the last 5 months testing every variable there is --- and one thing to take from it all, is use a larger balance, $50K or higher, if you're able to obtain those funds, then in 12 months you'll be on the start of a journey as that of a Millionaire.

I have it on a live account and I've already configured it to make about 40% a month. On my demo, its made more than 125% so far of profit

FXCyborg Nov 11, 2018 2:37am | Post# 1251

1 Attachment(s)
Here's what my demo looks like.

Its been configured to make over 27% compounded each month. And I have a live account with a little over $75K in it.

Thanks to whomever made this, nice work I had a similar bot a LONG time ago, worked well for a while but it wasn't good enough for smaller balances. It required at least $20K to use.

I have deduced that there is no way to make money from this on 1:100 to 1:300 leverages. Higher leverages are needed to stay within the Margin Level Percentage (aim to stay above 500% margin at all times. and make it fit until you can place it on more pairs.)

To run this on 30 pairs, you'll need a minimum of $6,000 via a nano account (1 cent per pip), 1:500 leverage (or higher), 10% Margin Stop out level as the default 50% margin call level is for most brokers, but can be changed. The DD on this one will be quite high using lots of pairs. I would suggest to stay with the pairs that move the most each day, ie, GBP/NZD, GBP/CAD, GBP/CHF, EUR/NZD, etc, even some exotics will work out well too.

To remain safe, leave it on GBP/NZD pair and a $6k nano account could add approx 10% to your balance after 4 trading weeks. When your balance doubles, add another pair.. keep doing this for a while until you have most if not all of the larger fluctuating pairs.

Then if you're at the stage where all the faster and larger moving pairs are working nicely for you and your balance for example is $18,000 for a 200% ROI, add one more pair and wait for the $18K balance to double again to $36K when you're using pairs that dont move so much, cos you're going to be left in these for a while since some will have its volume exhausting, when it reaches $72K, move the money into a ECN 1:500 account on the same pairs, same settings... and watch it grow

GL
Name:  Screenshot1.png
Views: 2248
Size:  13 KB

chrisdk2017 Nov 11, 2018 1:05pm | Post# 1252

To remain safe, leave it on GBP/NZD pair and a $6k nano account could add approx 10% to your balance after 4 trading weeks.
Default settings or settings as mentioned in post 1088?

danjuma Nov 27, 2018 6:47am | Post# 1253

1 Attachment(s)
Would anybody be kind enough to modify keydcuk EA below to have the option to input stop loss for individual trades/orders? Just so that one can have an emergency stop loss in place in case a trade goes in the wrong direction for several 100s pips and never retrace enough. Thank you.
Piggy n The Middle v4-2.mq4

Ironshirow Dec 5, 2018 4:52pm | Post# 1254

Hi, Anybody can help me to start with EA?

I have downloaded EA Piggy in the versione The Middle v4-2.mq4 and I have started on GbpJpy but the EA has open only 2 position in the afternoon.
Is it normal?

The EA start with manual order?

Thank

danjuma Dec 11, 2018 7:48am | Post# 1255

Has anybody attempted to modify keydcuk original EA (or even come up with a new EA) that trades according @timmy methodology as outlined in his following posts:

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...24#post8875224
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...23#post8877223
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...05#post8881205
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...74#post8884674
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...11#post8917411
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...82#post8918582

Ironshirow Dec 12, 2018 7:27am | Post# 1256

Im using Carneiro setting {image}
Where can I find Cainero setting?

Thanks

busych1ld Apr 5, 2019 10:27am | Post# 1257

Here's what my demo looks like. Its been configured to make over 27% compounded each month. And I have a live account with a little over $75K in it. Thanks to whomever made this, nice work I had a similar bot a LONG time ago, worked well for a while but it wasn't good enough for smaller balances. It required at least $20K to use. I have deduced that there is no way to make money from this on 1:100 to 1:300 leverages. Higher leverages are needed to stay within the Margin Level Percentage (aim to stay above 500% margin at all...
Hi FXCyborg,
Could you explain me how you managed to double your account in 5 weeks ?
What settings are you using?

Thanks in advance!

© Forex Factory