Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Free EA - Piggy n The Middle (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=587001)

goldcourse Jul 31, 2016 4:14am | Post# 1061

Update....
July 25 to July 29

On Wed. July 27, the account balance doubled from when the demo started.
Therefore,I increase the lot size to 0.02.

DD for the week did not exceed 15%
Profit for the week was +13.56%
Accumulated profit is now +111.35%

thorn Jul 31, 2016 10:51am | Post# 1062

2 Attachment(s)
Update.... July 25 to July 29 On Wed. July 27, the account balance doubled from when the demo started. Therefore,I increase the lot size to 0.02. DD for the week did not exceed 15% Profit for the week was +13.56% Accumulated profit is now +111.35%
Nice results Gold. Do you still use the settings from post 938? Do you trade just A/U? Are your draw down stats real time or just when a position closes like the strategy tester? I am trading a set up like yours except I am running multiple pairs at once. Using a 5k demo though. Only difference is my TP settings are always equal to or a few pips lower than the grid size. Figure less open positions in the red if price turn against you.

Only trading this way for few weeks but happy with the results. I did alot of testing on this EA, so I came up with my own ideas how to trade this. My 2 screens below is my acct info for July and the equity graph. The one spike down early on was more my fault than the EA. Forgot to take my comp off sleep mode so there was a bunch of built up trades that were not managed. The EA did manage to rescue me from my own stupidity!!

Name:  July_results_piggy.png
Views: 1861
Size:  54 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: July_eq.png
Size: 33 KB

D.s Jul 31, 2016 11:37am | Post# 1063

I tested the Piggy EA, results are good but the equity curve falls too much. Its practically dangerous. A little more fall and account is blown. Only suitable if accont size is large enough.
For small account size this EA TCL1 is much better. Check out here what other members have their view on this...
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...18#post9058418

thorn Jul 31, 2016 12:14pm | Post# 1064

I tested the Piggy EA, results are good but the equity curve falls too much. Its practically dangerous. A little more fall and account is blown. Only suitable if accont size is large enough. For small account size this EA TCL1 is much better. Check out here what other members have their view on this... http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...18#post9058418
"Its practically dangerous". Interesting. Your EA shows a 68% DD and you dont consider that dangerous. Not to mention the only results you show is few tradse over small time period. A new user jumping into other threads to promote their "still in progress" EA runs up red flags. Perhaps your intentions are good but you should start your own thread and not troll others. I have not experienced large DD using piggy. Its not set and forget, you need to manage it constantly.

D.s Jul 31, 2016 12:38pm | Post# 1065

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} "Its practically dangerous". Interesting. Your EA shows a 68% DD and you dont consider that dangerous. Not to mention the only results you show is few tradse over small time period. A new user jumping into other threads to promote their "still in progress" EA runs up red flags. Perhaps your intentions are good but you should start your own thread and not troll others. I have not experienced large DD using piggy. Its not set and forget, you need to manage it constantly.
Sorry for the old test result. Current dd is max 39%.
Click to Enlarge

Name: dd.JPG
Size: 77 KB

thorn Jul 31, 2016 4:21pm | Post# 1066

{quote} Sorry for the old test result. Current dd is max 39%. {image}
Getting better. I would have to take a look. I could cherry pick many tests on piggy that make it look like a millionaire maker. But one test is not reality. I hope your 100 starting balance is just for testing? There is no way any sane person would trade a grid system with that low a balance, even at .01 lots. If your max DD in that short time frame is more than your starting balance, you just got lucky the account was not blown up.

Ezios Jul 31, 2016 4:28pm | Post# 1067

to me this kind of ea must test in cent accounts or big demo accounts
first of going real and lose all the money

goldcourse Jul 31, 2016 8:31pm | Post# 1068

{quote} Nice results Gold. Do you still use the settings from post 938? Do you trade just A/U? Are your draw down stats real time or just when a position closes like the strategy tester? I am trading a set up like yours except I am running multiple pairs at once. Using a 5k demo though. Only difference is my TP settings are always equal to or a few pips lower than the grid size. Figure less open positions in the red if price turn against you. Only trading this way for few weeks but happy with the results. I did alot of testing on this EA, so I came...
thorn,

1).New settings is in post#952...TP 30(Buy & Sell) , RoundNumbersPips to 20.
2).Yes, only AU.
3).I take the max DD for the whole week.

Good luck !

thorn Jul 31, 2016 9:09pm | Post# 1069

{quote} thorn, 1).New settings is in post#952...TP 30(Buy & Sell) , RoundNumbersPips to 20. 2).Yes, only AU. 3).I take the max DD for the whole week. Good luck !
Thanks Gold. Good luck to you also. A/U looks like a good choice. Slight up trend for the year, but enough retraces to keep you raking in the pips.

dbr222 Aug 1, 2016 3:27am | Post# 1070

{quote} I don't know if this will do what you are looking for but you can give it a try and let us know your testing. You will need to enter whatever currency pairs you are using in the exact format that your broker has them in your MT4 without using any spaces. Example: EURGBPecn,GBPUSDecn,GBPJPYecn It is important that you use the same format and also no spaces between commas or it has no chance of working. In the past, I struggled a bit with a multi currency EA I tried to build but please give this a go and let us know how it works out. Daniel...
Hi Keydcuk,

one question - somehow the EA is not opening any trade despite running on multiple pairs. Anyone else also having the same problem?

Thanks for your help!

keydcuk Aug 1, 2016 8:51am | Post# 1071

{quote} Hi Keydcuk, one question - somehow the EA is not opening any trade despite running on multiple pairs. Anyone else also having the same problem? Thanks for your help!
Did you set on the input your trading pairs? Also, be aware of the default setting of grid size. It may not have hit a round number.

I am going to try it myself. I have not tried it. I don't know if it will work. I have not done a multipair EA that works correctly yet.

Daniel

D.s Aug 1, 2016 9:44am | Post# 1072

{quote} Getting better. I would have to take a look. I could cherry pick many tests on piggy that make it look like a millionaire maker. But one test is not reality. I hope your 100 starting balance is just for testing? There is no way any sane person would trade a grid system with that low a balance, even at .01 lots. If your max DD in that short time frame is more than your starting balance, you just got lucky the account was not blown up.
I know this seems like madness but i will really trade with a small live account of $100. This system is not a grid trading entirely. Its a composite of multiple strategy interlocked with one another to form a optimal strategy as per the real market scenario. Grid is just a part of it. If you observe correctly, it will not take all trades with the grid size you have mentioned in the settings. Once it starts trading all the settings change internally until profit is obtained.

kornrogers Aug 1, 2016 10:03am | Post# 1073

D.s I kindly ask you to stop spamming other threads with your EA. Please don't get offended, i find your EA interesting, but if you want to discuss it please create a thread about it.

Thanks.

D.s Aug 1, 2016 10:19am | Post# 1074

D.s I kindly ask you to stop spamming other threads with your EA. Please don't get offended, i find your EA interesting, but if you want to discuss it please create a thread about it. Thanks.
No offence... sorry if it disturbed you. thanks for suggesting. I will create a separate thread.

kornrogers Aug 1, 2016 10:20am | Post# 1075

Thanks, will join it.

fmaher Aug 1, 2016 8:43pm | Post# 1076

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Daniel, thanks for your great EA. I am currently doing extensive backtest on your EA using optimzation feature in MT4, however because of too many variables it takes weeks to finish backtest due to hundredes of passes. I wonder if you could merge some parameters into one as we normally set take profit for buy/sell equally and lot size is also equally for Sell Step down/Buy step up. My suggestion is like the attached picture:

Name:  2016-08-02_1.png
Views: 1628
Size:  90 KB

keydcuk Aug 2, 2016 6:31am | Post# 1077

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Daniel, thanks for your great EA. I am currently doing extensive backtest on your EA using optimzation feature in MT4, however because of too many variables it takes weeks to finish backtest due to hundredes of passes. I wonder if you could merge some parameters into one as we normally set take profit for buy/sell equally and lot size is also equally for Sell Step down/Buy step up. My suggestion is like the attached picture: {image}
The other version is good in case you want to put weight to the buy and sell positions going in grid trend, but here is the simple version of the EA.

Daniel
Piggy n The Middle v4-2 (simple).mq4

fmaher Aug 2, 2016 6:59am | Post# 1078

{quote} The other version is good in case you want to put weight to the buy and sell positions going in grid trend, but here is the simple version of the EA. Daniel {file}
Thanks for the simple version Daniel. This EA generate great results with big grid size and low TP as it makes room to increase lot sizes. During my backtests I noticed that with TP around %30 of Grid size we can increase Buy_Lot_Grid_Step_Up/Sell_Lot_Grid_Step_Down together as well as Sell_Lot_Grid_Step_Up/Buy_Lot_Grid_Step_Down. As you mentioned, by putting weight on buy and sells we get better results, So according to the screenshot I attached we still need to have two lot sizing parameters separately in order to put weight. So Ea could have two parameter for lot sizing and one for TP (3 instead of 6).

keydcuk Aug 2, 2016 7:23am | Post# 1079

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Thanks for the simple version Daniel. This EA generate great results with big grid size and low TP as it makes room to increase lot sizes. During my backtests I noticed that with TP around %30 of Grid size we can increase Buy_Lot_Grid_Step_Up/Sell_Lot_Grid_Step_Down together as well as Sell_Lot_Grid_Step_Up/Buy_Lot_Grid_Step_Down. As you mentioned, by putting weight on buy and sells we get better results, So according to the screenshot I attached we still need to have two lot sizing parameters separately in order to put weight. So Ea could...
Sorry, I looked at your screenshot too quickly.

Here's the attached.

Daniel
Piggy n The Middle v4-2 (simplex).mq4

fmaher Aug 2, 2016 9:52am | Post# 1080

{quote} Sorry, I looked at your screenshot too quickly. Here's the attached. Daniel {file}
Thanks very much Daniel for prompt building that. Just to confirm with you, In your new description:

Trend_Lot_Size=Buy_Lot_Grid_Step_Up/Sell_Lot_Grid_Step_Down
AntiTrend_Lot_Size=Sell_Lot_Grid_Step_Up/Buy_Lot_Grid_Step_Down

is that right?

© Forex Factory