Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Free EA - Piggy n The Middle (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=587001)

tillionaire Aug 5, 2016 10:12pm | Post# 1101

Hey guys! I have a question about an EA I am looking to develop. I'm new to coding and am having a couple problems with getting it to work correctly. Here is the setup, it's very simple, Renkos and Triangular Moving Averages. I simply would like a position automatically taken on the first band with option to set SL and TP for different pairs. This is currently a 1p renko so for ex. I would proably have a stop of 4-5p and a target of 8-10p. This is incredibly effective for 2p renkos aswell where Sl and Target will also be a little higher. I have...
Not going to lie, this looks priomising, looking out for your EA soon!

FXCyborg Aug 5, 2016 10:48pm | Post# 1102

Hey guys! I have a question about an EA I am looking to develop. I'm new to coding and am having a couple problems with getting it to work correctly. Here is the setup, it's very simple, Renkos and Triangular Moving Averages. I simply would like a position automatically taken on the first band with option to set SL and TP for different pairs. This is currently a 1p renko so for ex. I would proably have a stop of 4-5p and a target of 8-10p. This is incredibly effective for 2p renkos aswell where Sl and Target will also be a little higher. I have...
take it else where man, dont hijack other people's threads, create your own

fibo38 Aug 6, 2016 3:37am | Post# 1103

first off, i gave u the set, if ur not capable of punching those numbers in the input settings, then there's nothing I can do to help you. and GBP/JPY is not a 30 pip spread. and the results are fine, i've already done the testing, in fact for the past 4 months. you just got here. learn to test before you make assumptions.
I put the parameters as you said well. The account Blow.
Please make a screen shot of your settings

goldcourse Aug 7, 2016 12:14am | Post# 1104

Update....
Aug 1 to Aug 5

DD for the week did not exceed 18%
Profit for the week was +8.36%
Accumulated profit is now +119.71%

FXCyborg Aug 7, 2016 6:10pm | Post# 1105

{quote} I put the parameters as you said well. The account Blow. Please make a screen shot of your settings
then you did it wrong, i told you what the settings are, im not stupid, im not incapable of knowing what the settings are for the last two months, its not like i can forget the settings.

rsharpe30 Aug 8, 2016 6:28am | Post# 1106

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone,

I started testing the EA on Friday and basically just trying to get a feel for it with the stated inputs (from post 22 and 37). Weird this is, on EURUSD and GPBUSD, using version 4-2, if I have my settings as shown in the attachment, no positions are ever opened, no matter how much price action there is.

Am I doing something fundamentally wrong? If I use 0.5 or 2.0 as the round number, a crazy number of positions are opened. Way too many I think.
Click to Enlarge

Name: p-i-m-ea.jpg
Size: 63 KB

Kubez Aug 8, 2016 7:10am | Post# 1107

Put whole numbers in the RoundNumberPips parameter.

rsharpe30 Aug 8, 2016 7:59am | Post# 1108

Put whole numbers in the RoundNumberPips parameter.
Cheers mate, figured that out a few minutes before I saw your post. Not so fast and furious now which is likely a good thing.

I do have another question - how come I can never backtest this EA? Everytime I try it simply finishes with having taken no trades.

Cheers.

keydcuk Aug 8, 2016 10:56am | Post# 1109

{quote} Hi, did it work with you?
No, this never worked for me. I don't know why I can't get multipair to work right. It is not something that has ever been successful with EAs I have tried programming.

Daniel

paqralos Aug 8, 2016 11:00am | Post# 1110

Hi,

I am wondering this EA works on any pair of currency?

Thank you.

keydcuk Aug 8, 2016 11:05am | Post# 1111

Hi Everyone, I started testing the EA on Friday and basically just trying to get a feel for it with the stated inputs (from post 22 and 37). Weird this is, on EURUSD and GPBUSD, using version 4-2, if I have my settings as shown in the attachment, no positions are ever opened, no matter how much price action there is. Am I doing something fundamentally wrong? If I use 0.5 or 2.0 as the round number, a crazy number of positions are opened. Way too many I think. {image}
In version 4-2, you just need to put round numbers in pip value and nothing else. If you use 0.5, the grid size is 0.5 pips, 2.0 is 2.0 pips. If you are looking for 50 pips or 200 pips, you simply need to use 50 or 200 at the round numbers input.

Daniel

keydcuk Aug 8, 2016 11:07am | Post# 1112

Hi, I am wondering this EA works on any pair of currency? Thank you.
Yes, there should be no problem with any currency that your MT4 supports.

Daniel

paqralos Aug 8, 2016 11:28am | Post# 1113

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Yes, there should be no problem with any currency that your MT4 supports. Daniel

I am trying on yadix demo account. I have the EA running however, in MT4 it says EA initialized, however no trade was made so far.

Any idea why?

Thanks.

Edited:

I have been using this EA since yesterday. May i know why it doesn't SL?
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_20160809-100159.png
Size: 262 KB

jonirrenicus Aug 9, 2016 3:34am | Post# 1114

4 Attachment(s)
Don't talk, just try...
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 82 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 81 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot3.png
Size: 98 KB
Shit in the middle V1.ex4

dokopy Aug 9, 2016 4:36am | Post# 1115

{quote} You are right, in this case is another grid EA with a diferent concept and I think the programmers can convine this to reduce the DD or avoid bad signal. Here the EA {file}
It is better GridMaster or Piggy?

Magregus Aug 11, 2016 1:12am | Post# 1116

Guys Try this at $10k balance. UPTREND LONG = 0.03 lots UPTREND SHORT = 0.01 lots DOWNTREND LONG = 0.01 lots DOWNTREND SHORT = 0.03 lots Net TP = 30 Rounding = 20 Here's my results after 60 days or so, you'll be surprised {image}
Are you still running this test? How's it going after last week?

goldcourse Aug 13, 2016 10:17pm | Post# 1117

Update....
Aug 8 to Aug 12

DD for the week went as high as 48%
Profit for the week was +5.06%
Accumulated profit is now +124.77%

jonirrenicus Aug 17, 2016 2:47am | Post# 1118

Update.... Aug 8 to Aug 12 DD for the week went as high as 48% Profit for the week was +5.06% Accumulated profit is now +124.77%
wont last too long... ive already gave up on this system

Egosuma Aug 17, 2016 3:21am | Post# 1119

2 Attachment(s)
Again my orders were not closed at the same level in a live account, resulting in a small net loss instead of a profit;
Do you have any suggestions on how we can deal with this?
I already mailed my broker for advice (fxcm) but am waiting for reply)
Name:  close_1.jpg
Views: 1832
Size:  14 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: close_2.jpg
Size: 74 KB

thorn Aug 17, 2016 6:55am | Post# 1120

Again my orders were not closed at the same level in a live account, resulting in a small net loss instead of a profit; Do you have any suggestions on how we can deal with this? I already mailed my broker for advice (fxcm) but am waiting for reply) {image} {image}
Happens in demo also. Only seen this with many open orders and a quick price move. May just be the speed the EA closes trades. Price may be moving faster than the EA can close them?

© Forex Factory