Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Free EA - Piggy n The Middle (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=587001)

Ezios Aug 2, 2016 10:01am | Post# 1081

looking so at the first there is a space more in the world st ep is step
if you leave the space the variable name is not valid

keydcuk Aug 2, 2016 11:23am | Post# 1082

{quote} Thanks very much Daniel for prompt building that. Just to confirm with you, In your new description: Trend_Lot_Size=Buy_Lot_Grid_Step_Up/Sell_Lot_Grid_Step_Down AntiTrend_Lot_Size=Sell_Lot_Grid_Step_Up/Buy_Lot_Grid_Step_Down is that right?
Yes, this is right.

Daniel

fmaher Aug 2, 2016 2:36pm | Post# 1083

7 Attachment(s)
{quote} Yes, this is right. Daniel

Daniel, I did optimization test but with the best setting on simplified version I get completely different results on original version. MT4 platform has been disconnected from broker during backtest then nothing has changed for both tests. Here is the results:

Original version:
Name:  019.png
Views: 2016
Size:  79 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 013.png
Size: 63 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 014.png
Size: 34 KB

Simplex Version:
Name:  017.png
Views: 2016
Size:  65 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 015.png
Size: 63 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 016.png
Size: 30 KB

And here is backtest setting:
Click to Enlarge

Name: 018.png
Size: 38 KB

It seems that there is somthing wrong in grid size calculation in simplex version.

keydcuk Aug 4, 2016 7:31am | Post# 1084

{quote} Daniel, I did optimization test but with the best setting on simplified version I get completely different results on original version. MT4 platform has been disconnected from broker during backtest then nothing has changed for both tests. Here is the results: Original version: {image} {image} {image} Simplex Version: {image} {image} {image} And here is backtest setting: {image} It seems that there is somthing wrong in grid size calculation in simplex version.
I don't know what to say as there is very little changes from one version to another. They both have the same configuration as far as blocks go and the inputs have simply been amalgamated as per what you were looking for. The only difference I noticed that was different is that the TP settings were set to be a sum of profit to pips greater than the input setting and I have changed it to what it should have been which is greater or equal to the input setting. This should bare no great change in the test results. I don't know what else to think about other than if the grid size is a bit smaller, then MT4 might simulate PA differently on both tests but this still should be not much different as it is only a grid and not an EA based on indicators.

If I knew what I could do to help, I would. I don't think there is anything I can help with as both EAs are pretty much the same.

Daniel

dbr222 Aug 4, 2016 8:18am | Post# 1085

{quote} Did you set on the input your trading pairs? Also, be aware of the default setting of grid size. It may not have hit a round number. I am going to try it myself. I have not tried it. I don't know if it will work. I have not done a multipair EA that works correctly yet. Daniel
Hi,

did it work with you?

fmaher Aug 4, 2016 2:18pm | Post# 1086

{quote} I don't know what to say as there is very little changes from one version to another. They both have the same configuration as far as blocks go and the inputs have simply been amalgamated as per what you were looking for. The only difference I noticed that was different is that the TP settings were set to be a sum of profit to pips greater than the input setting and I have changed it to what it should have been which is greater or equal to the input setting. This should bare no great change in the test results. I don't know what else to...

Thanks for your clarification Daniel. If you would test both EA's with identical setting you will see this dramatic difference. Data has been imported from tickstory so tests has been done with highest quality of data and broker should be disconnected on MT4 platform to avoid live conversion rates and spreads.

Egosuma Aug 5, 2016 4:38am | Post# 1087

Now trading live , first results are surprising.
After the quantative easing anouncement yesterday a spike appeared down on GBP/USD. My sell positions closed at a loss ?!?

So what happened...
- Close order was send from my comp to the broker
- By the time broker received the close, the market had jumped back
- Due to the spike, the spread was increased.

My ideas to improve on this; can we maybe add the following functionality
- is there a type of order that sais: "Close at this level, or do not close the position" Some sort of "pending close". Maybe update the limit level of the orders instead of closing?
- Incorporate the spread-cost in the take profit? ie: if take profit is set at 50, then new take profit would be spread+take profit

I did not notice this type of behaviour during my testing. Even in the brexit event it did not occur. Apparently, test-environment is not as production-like as I thought it was.

FXCyborg Aug 5, 2016 4:43am | Post# 1088

1 Attachment(s)
Guys

Try this at $10k balance.

UPTREND LONG = 0.03 lots
UPTREND SHORT = 0.01 lots
DOWNTREND LONG = 0.01 lots
DOWNTREND SHORT = 0.03 lots

Net TP = 30
Rounding = 20

Here's my results after 60 days or so, you'll be surprised
Name:  ea.png
Views: 2343
Size:  9 KB

FXCyborg Aug 5, 2016 4:44am | Post# 1089

. Even in the brexit event it did not occur. Apparently, test-environment is not as production-like as I thought it was.
My settings made over 10,000 pips that day.

fibo38 Aug 5, 2016 5:20am | Post# 1090

Guys Try this at $10k balance. UPTREND LONG = 0.03 lots UPTREND SHORT = 0.01 lots DOWNTREND LONG = 0.01 lots DOWNTREND SHORT = 0.03 lots Net TP = 30 Rounding = 20 Here's my results after 60 days or so, you'll be surprised {image}
Good !!. What version are used ?
What pair ?
Can you share your set ?
Thanks,

FXCyborg Aug 5, 2016 5:31am | Post# 1091

{quote} Good !!. What version are used ? What pair ? Can you share your set ? Thanks,
GBP/JPY

v4.2

I just told u the set above

fibo38 Aug 5, 2016 7:44am | Post# 1092

{quote} GBP/JPY v4.2 I just told u the set above
What time frame are used ?
Thanks

FXCyborg Aug 5, 2016 8:13am | Post# 1093

doesn't matter, its not based on time frames

fibo38 Aug 5, 2016 11:09am | Post# 1094

Guys Try this at $10k balance. UPTREND LONG = 0.03 lots UPTREND SHORT = 0.01 lots DOWNTREND LONG = 0.01 lots DOWNTREND SHORT = 0.03 lots Net TP = 30 Rounding = 20 Here's my results after 60 days or so, you'll be surprised {image}
I made back 99% quality test GBP/JPY Spread 30 pips (3 pips in 5 digits) Year 2016, with the configuration you provided. The result is not to walk the same.
I have requested the set and not send.
In this forum is to help and share. Not to make them envy. What you post is not real.
I'm already a little tired. Good day makey
Thanks,

FXCyborg Aug 5, 2016 11:51am | Post# 1095

first off, i gave u the set, if ur not capable of punching those numbers in the input settings, then there's nothing I can do to help you.
and GBP/JPY is not a 30 pip spread.

and the results are fine, i've already done the testing, in fact for the past 4 months. you just got here. learn to test before you make assumptions.

kornrogers Aug 5, 2016 11:59am | Post# 1096

Hello FXCyborg, I like your idea. I think that concept in trending situation will work. Maybe in ranging also, gonna test it.

givik Aug 5, 2016 1:38pm | Post# 1097

first off, i gave u the set, if ur not capable of punching those numbers in the input settings, then there's nothing I can do to help you. and GBP/JPY is not a 30 pip spread. and the results are fine, i've already done the testing, in fact for the past 4 months. you just got here. learn to test before you make assumptions.
It is VERY VERY profitable its configuration but has strong tendencies breaks

givik Aug 5, 2016 2:03pm | Post# 1098

[quote = FXCyborg; 9069684] En primer lugar, me dio au el conjunto, si no ur capaz de perforar esos nmeros en la configuracin de entrada, entonces no hay nada que pueda hacer para ayudarte. y el GBP / JPY no es una extensin de 30 pips. y los resultados estn muy bien, ya he hecho la prueba, de hecho durante los ltimos 4 meses. acabas de llegar. aprender a prueba antes de hacer suposiciones. [/ quote]

Friend found a solution for configuration and very very profitable is to operate from 16 GTM to 5 GTM

raymondspart Aug 5, 2016 4:39pm | Post# 1099

2 Attachment(s)
Hey guys! I have a question about an EA I am looking to develop. I'm new to coding and am having a couple problems with getting it to work correctly.

Here is the setup, it's very simple,

Renkos and Triangular Moving Averages.

I simply would like a position automatically taken on the first band with option to set SL and TP for different pairs. This is currently a 1p renko so for ex. I would proably have a stop of 4-5p and a target of 8-10p. This is incredibly effective for 2p renkos aswell where Sl and Target will also be a little higher.

I have been manually trading this strategy on several pairs and it has been very profitable. Can anyone help? It's probably not difficult to do, I just don't have the experience.

Thanks in advance!

You can contact me at { email address deleted by staff }
Click to Enlarge

Name: GJ-EA.png
Size: 40 KB
Name:  TMA BANDS.PNG
Views: 1822
Size:  29 KB

thorn Aug 5, 2016 5:35pm | Post# 1100

Tested those settings in past and they worked well with a larger grid step (100). How was the drawdown with a small 20 pip grid? In backtest I always found such small steps will eventually kill the account once a drawn out trend happens.

© Forex Factory