Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Simple Method of trading the H1? (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=584175)

balloontree Mar 23, 2016 10:35am | Post# 1

Simple Method of trading the H1?

Could someone recommend some strategies that trade the H1? without the need of support and resistance? I will try to program an EA out of it.

roughtrader Mar 23, 2016 11:26am | Post# 2

Most all trading needs S/R, the only thing I can think of that doesn't involve support & resistance,
would be some kind of news release trading where you only trade the spike and then get out quickly,
you have to do some research and create a strategy like that, there is none in public circulation to my knowledge.

andoseg2 Mar 23, 2016 11:51am | Post# 3

Could someone recommend some strategies that trade the H1? without the need of support and resistance? I will try to program an EA out of it.
Do you have coding prophicieny ? Beginner/Advanced/Expert ?

balloontree Mar 23, 2016 5:22pm | Post# 4

{quote} Do you have coding prophicieny ? Beginner/Advanced/Expert ?

I think I'm Advanced.

I've written a EA from scratch which does martingale. I just need a good strategy to pair it up.

this martingale will
1) open up orders when it's racing to the TP
2) open up orders when it's moving away from the TP (the more it steps away, the wider the grid)
3) lot multiple by 1.6

when one order hits TP, all orders all close.

my current signal is the 3 EMA crossover; sometimes it can open up to 10 lots before closing. I need a signal that will be more sensitive.
of course i can setup my losing leg grid to a higher value

need ideas.

balloontree Mar 23, 2016 5:24pm | Post# 5

I know I can optimize it.
but I was wondering if there's a better signal.

for optimizing, I was thinking optimizing 3 months and use the settings to run a month.

btw. lotsize is $10,000 = 0.01 lot

andoseg2 Mar 24, 2016 1:52am | Post# 6

{quote} I think I'm Advanced. I've written a EA from scratch which does martingale. I just need a good strategy to pair it up. this martingale will 1) open up orders when it's racing to the TP 2) open up orders when it's moving away from the TP (the more it steps away, the wider the grid) 3) lot multiple by 1.6 when one order hits TP, all orders all close. my current signal is the 3 EMA crossover; sometimes it can open up to 10 lots before closing. I need a signal that will be more sensitive. of course i can setup my losing leg grid to a higher...
No. Strategies based on ema crosses and martingale are jokes.

Tell me, do you know create a EA that can monitorize custom timeframes ? E.g : 7m, 8m, 11m,123m, 321m, 666m, 432m and so on ? The EA should monitorize all timeframes same time.

balloontree Mar 24, 2016 2:37am | Post# 7

1 Attachment(s)
There's a guy who is using martingale and he said; martingale cannot help a bad signal.

I've drawn the start and end points for his signal - I didn't plot the points where he placed more martingale orders; blue means he placed buy orders, and red means placed sell orders and using martingale if it temporarily goes the other way.

Btw, even if he is long and prices go his way, he will also placed martingale orders when prices go higher.

I was wondering what's the logic for the signal.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 81 KB

balloontree Mar 24, 2016 6:12am | Post# 8

{quote} Tell me, do you know create a EA that can monitorize custom timeframes ? E.g : 7m, 8m, 11m,123m, 321m, 666m, 432m and so on ? The EA should monitorize all timeframes same time.
what do you want to do with the timeframes?
what's your buy/sell signal logic?

© Forex Factory