Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading with range bars ichimoku cloud & awesome oscillator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=583609)

Patje May 28, 2019 7:23am | Post# 4221

{quote} Is the drink for the grandson to keep him quiet?
probably for the dog haha

turnip15 May 28, 2019 1:46pm | Post# 4222

{quote} Is the drink for the grandson to keep him quiet?
Well - I could have done with the drink. We have just got back from dropping him and his dog off at his mums. Seven year olds seem to have limitless energy. Plus, my arm is an extra foot long from being pulled along by a strong and tireless mutt !

ichikuse Jun 10, 2019 4:20am | Post# 4223

1 Attachment(s)
Hi people.Just closed my GN buy about 12 minutes before GBP news.
Bought about 10 mins b4 London open.
Click to Enlarge

Name: gn.png
Size: 79 KB

CLTrader Jun 10, 2019 10:21am | Post# 4224

ichikuse,

You and RP have the patience of Saints. That +41.9 is less than 5 mins of price action on the NQ e-mini futures during its morning session these days.

Patje Jun 10, 2019 12:38pm | Post# 4225

ichikuse, You and RP have the patience of Saints. That +41.9 is less than 5 mins of price action on the NQ e-mini futures during its morning session these days.
Yeah but there is also a difference between ticks versus pips.... But I have to agree that nq futures are very brutal

ichikuse Jun 10, 2019 2:34pm | Post# 4226

ichikuse, You and RP have the patience of Saints. That +41.9 is less than 5 mins of price action on the NQ e-mini futures during its morning session these days.
What you are saying is tempting indeed.I love forex and gold but I feel that I could be profitable trading stocks too... Although I'm not sure about risk management on such instruments. Last week I decided to try a mouth-watering trade on the Dax and it fell as soon as I entered. I made very good money but to be honest I'm not yet used to the ticks.They scare me. WHY? Because I'm used to watching forex trades go against me 15 points and I just wait for price to turn and now with instruments like the dax and oil the same visual distance makes me uneasy. The question to you guys who trade stocks, oil, etc, what are your stop losses like? Are they in ticks or u just place the sl behind a bar or what?

ichikuse Jun 10, 2019 2:37pm | Post# 4227

{quote} Yeah but there is also a difference between ticks versus pips.... But I have to agree that nq futures are very brutal
Tell me about your stop loss/risk management when you trade the dax, dax expert

Patje Jun 10, 2019 3:31pm | Post# 4228

{quote} Tell me about your stop loss/risk management when you trade the dax, dax expert
It depends a bit.... If I trade in direction of the bias I am more confident then in countertrades.... Also depends on time frame....... But never more then 1% of balance.... In pips usually between 10 and 40 pips....

ichikuse Jun 18, 2019 5:38am | Post# 4229

{quote} It depends a bit.... If I trade in direction of the bias I am more confident then in countertrades.... Also depends on time frame....... But never more then 1% of balance.... In pips usually between 10 and 40 pips....
Thanks for the info.I think i will trade indices esp the dax sometime in the future.

ichikuse Jun 18, 2019 5:42am | Post# 4230

1 Attachment(s)
Hi people.I just want to highlight the importance of not forgetting to break even and checking news b4 trading.
I forgot to check news and bought EC.It was going up and took out the last session high.Then Draghi spoke.I think the market never expected Draghi's comments because the Euro was so bullish just b4 the speech.
So the whipsaw happened.Fortunately i had broken even after 15 pips and lost 1.4 pips.
Click to Enlarge

Name: ec.png
Size: 86 KB

ichikuse Jun 18, 2019 5:45am | Post# 4231

1 Attachment(s)
I have just closed my GN short.
The stocks are going crazy after Draghi's speech.I hope to see posts from people like Patje,Lemercenaire,Turnip etc....
EDIT:I entered a few pips late.
Click to Enlarge

Name: gn.png
Size: 83 KB

ichikuse Jun 18, 2019 6:01am | Post# 4232

1 Attachment(s)
I just need to say something about the trading journey.
Trading is rewarding if done well.If you have chosen trading, try not to give up, then come back after a year, or after some months,etc and starting again.
Rather, dont give up if you are frustrated,go to demo and carry on learning every day.The trading journey depends on the constant looking at charts and learning the price movements.So, if u quit and come back say after 1 year, that break in learning is detrimental to your advancement in the trading journey.
Since a colleague told me about online trading in 2017, i have rarely gone a single day(unless i have been angered by a whipsaw or gone thru something like a serious losing streak) without looking at charts,studying price movements and trying to improve.

Also, please note that seasoned traders do countetrend trading and trade against the trade or with it based on a lot of things like big round numbers etc.
Unless you are seasoned, if you are struggling and getting frustrated, please trade with the daily trend or 4h trend or 1 hour trend.
In forex trends are stubborn and can go on and on without sharp turns.
I never want to go against the 4h trend for example.When i do out of frustration waiting for trades i get burnt.Trend trading requires patience because out of the 14 instruments i watch, a day can go by without a good set up.
I am still working on this discipline too.

Look at the attached euraud chart.fROM 5 JUNE 2019 TO 18 JUNE 2019 PA is above the kumo cloud and there is no need to sell at all unless u r a seasoned scalper.Trade with the trend until you are ready to countertrend trade if u want to also countertrend trade.
Click to Enlarge

Name: ea.png
Size: 97 KB

lemercenaire Jun 18, 2019 7:40am | Post# 4233

{quote} Thanks for the info.I think i will trade indices esp the dax sometime in the future.
You will kill it on this method via The DAX.

Just let the initial madness get out the way if you want to be extra safe and trade the reaction.

ichikuse Jun 18, 2019 7:44am | Post# 4234

{quote} You will kill it on this method via The DAX. Just let the initial madness get out the way if you want to be extra safe and trade the reaction.
Thanks.I have been experimenting with the Dax and have had good results.I think my challenge trading the Dax at the moment is that i am still in full employment and indices need to be watched much more than forex where i can check a trade after some time even 30 mins.
There is a guy i have seen trading indices on ichimoku 15m cloud breakouts.I would prefer that but that needs a much bigger account than i have to absorb the drawdowns.

lemercenaire Jun 18, 2019 7:48am | Post# 4235

{quote} Thanks.I have been experimenting with the Dax and have had good results.I think my challenge is that i am still in full employment and indices need to be watched much more than forex where i can check a trade after some time even 30 mins.
Yes, I would agree with that.

However, I run the US2K easily on the H4. Ok, it's not exactly how this is run here but the principles are the same.

lemercenaire Jun 18, 2019 8:04am | Post# 4236

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Thanks.I have been experimenting with the Dax and have had good results.I think my challenge trading the Dax at the moment is that i am still in full employment and indices need to be watched much more than forex where i can check a trade after some time even 30 mins. There is a guy i have seen trading indices on ichimoku 15m cloud breakouts.I would prefer that but that needs a much bigger account than i have to absorb the drawdowns.
Here's a couple of examples.

The first is The Russ2k, where I have 2 trades running just now. One is at +21.4 and the other +27.2 and I barely look at them.

Russ2K H4 In play. Sitting at +21.4 and +27.2

Click to Enlarge

Name: RUSS2K-H4-BigBoyPants-egforyou18thJune19tworunningat+21.4+27.2.png
Size: 102 KB

Now The DAX with the same method.

DAX H4

Click to Enlarge

Name: DAXH4-BigBoyPants-egforyou18thJune19.png
Size: 95 KB

I am not in on this just now but could quite easily have been. I tend to forget to check for long time frame set ups as just too busy scalping but what it can do for you is act as an effective hedge while those same scalp trades are being played out on the 1-min charts, so I can be bagging as price moves both for and against me.

As I said, this is not the exact method as RP's and if anyone objects I will of course delete these posts. I simply wanted to show that it would be possible for someone using the method here to adapt it to the H4 and up by picking the right instruments.

turnip15 Jun 18, 2019 8:14am | Post# 4237

{quote} What you are saying is tempting indeed.I love forex and gold but I feel that I could be profitable trading stocks too... Although I'm not sure about risk management on such instruments. Last week I decided to try a mouth-watering trade on the Dax and it fell as soon as I entered. I made very good money but to be honest I'm not yet used to the ticks.They scare me. WHY? Because I'm used to watching forex trades go against me 15 points and I just wait for price to turn and now with instruments like the dax and oil the same visual distance makes...
Read this thread by "Oldtraderman" for tips on real trading and stops plus discipline.
showthread.php

turnip15 Jun 18, 2019 8:19am | Post# 4238

1 Attachment(s)
UK Morning - Dax chart:

If Dax did this everyday

Click to Enlarge

Name: Germany 30_20190618_12.52.png
Size: 165 KB

ichikuse Jun 18, 2019 9:36am | Post# 4239

{quote} Read this thread by "Oldtraderman" for tips on real trading and stops plus discipline. showthread.php
Thanks Turnip.

ichikuse Jun 18, 2019 9:42am | Post# 4240

{quote} Here's a couple of examples. The first is The Russ2k, where I have 2 trades running just now. One is at +21.4 and the other +27.2 and I barely look at them. Russ2K H4 In play. Sitting at +21.4 and +27.2 {image} Now The DAX with the same method. DAX H4 {image} I am not in on this just now but could quite easily have been. I tend to forget to check for long time frame set ups as just too busy scalping but what it can do for you is act as an effective hedge while those same scalp trades are being played out on the 1-min charts, so I can be...
Thanks.I dont think RP would object to such posts because this thread has higher time frame posts from years ago.
I also think it is quite revealing to show how the smaller time frames behave as higher time frames on the ichimoku which also refutes the suggestion by some thAT the ichimoku cannot be used on smaller time frames.

According to Wikipedia the founder of the ichimoku,Hosoda " spent 30 years perfecting the technique before releasing his findings to the general public in the late 1960s".This system is ....im lost for words

© Forex Factory