Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading with range bars ichimoku cloud & awesome oscillator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=583609)

turnip15 May 16, 2019 4:35am | Post# 4201

{quote} I think overall, running the way you are here - looking for longer trades to hold for a time - is not suited to The DAX at this time of the morning. It needs a hit-and-run approach to take advantage of the mad moves that will kill you here. For instance, compare how at the same time slot today, I had 7 trades for +52.5 so definitely a case of horses-for-courses.
I agree. Maybe "nibbles" as opposed to big bites is a more practical approach. I note that my "bigger bite" approach seems better later in the morning judging by the last few weeks charts. Yes -hit and run - put probability in one's favour ?

lemercenaire May 16, 2019 4:41am | Post# 4202

{quote} I agree. Maybe "nibbles" as opposed to big bites is a more practical approach. I note that my "bigger bite" approach seems better later in the morning judging by the last few weeks charts. Yes -hit and run - put probability in one's favour ?
As we've talked about before, the one thing you can be sure of with The DAX, is that it will move. You may not know which way but it'll go, lol.

Also, if you are taking profit where you can and then adding into momentum, then you will still catch those long moves that tend to come later in the morning.

lemercenaire May 16, 2019 4:45am | Post# 4203

The US30 was rock-solid this morning.

Patje May 16, 2019 5:29am | Post# 4204

{quote} I think overall, running the way you are here - looking for longer trades to hold for a time - is not suited to The DAX at this time of the morning. It needs a hit-and-run approach to take advantage of the mad moves that will kill you here. For instance, compare how at the same time slot today, I had 7 trades for +52.5 so definitely a case of horses-for-courses.
Lem.... you have some very impressive results...and a interesting tradingstyle....

as for me i have a road map of instruments.....and i am trying to find out each day wich one is in control....somedays its smooth on the 1 min and some MA's holding the move...like this morning nq and snp builded a base/ support... and went straight up....

like for instance here on the 15 min nq ....you see where buyers took control....
https://www.tradingview.com/x/fMouGIzh

so switched back to the 1 min and looked for entry's .....break, pullback to ma and enter....
https://www.tradingview.com/x/0ZCP3UqZ

lemercenaire May 16, 2019 5:39am | Post# 4205

{quote} Lem.... you have some very impressive results...and a interesting tradingstyle.... as for me i have a road map of instruments.....and i am trying to find out each day wich one is in control....somedays its smooth on the 1 min and some MA's holding the move...like this morning nq and snp builded a base/ support... and went straight up.... like for instance here on the 15 min nq ....you see where buyers took control.... https://www.tradingview.com/x/fMouGIzh[/highlight]...
Cheers. As you've seen on the other thread(s), all of my methods share a base DNA and so I am not forever trying to retune my brain to see the market in a different way each day. I may vary the speed of the action I get involved in (though even that, not so much any more) but it all comes down to pa and a line-in-the-sand basically, with my main backbone coming from establishing a directional bias and then entering down at the razor's edge.

Your posted charts may be different but I certainly recognise the lineage.

turnip15 May 16, 2019 10:18am | Post# 4206

1 Attachment(s)
Demo...DOW Micro-Futures....nice long
EDIT--Most US indices had a similar pattern it seems.
Click to Enlarge

Name: DOWTHurs.png
Size: 127 KB

Patje May 16, 2019 10:42am | Post# 4207

Demo...DOW Micro-Futures....nice long EDIT--Most US indices had a similar pattern it seems. {image}
nice man.... yeah it was a beautifull day..........do you like the micro's?

turnip15 May 16, 2019 11:17am | Post# 4208

{quote} nice man.... yeah it was a beautifull day..........do you like the micro's?
Too early to say but people frequently tell me that Futures are superior to Spread betting -( UK only I believe)so I thought I would demo them for a while. Pleased so far.

lemercenaire May 16, 2019 11:41am | Post# 4209

{quote} Too early to say but people frequently tell me that Futures are superior to Spread betting -( UK only I believe)so I thought I would demo them for a while. Pleased so far.
You can spread bet futures as well, T. Best of both worlds.

CLTrader May 16, 2019 3:02pm | Post# 4210

CFD places in Europe / Australia were already encountered in the US in the late 1800's / early 1900's. They were known as bucket shops.

The Wiki page explains it:

"Bucket shop" is a defined term in the many U.S. states that criminalize the operation of a bucket shop.[6] Typically the criminal law definition refers to an operation in which the customer is sold what is supposed to be a derivative interest in a security or commodity future, but there is no transaction made on any exchange. The transaction goes "in the bucket" and is never executed. Because no trading of actual securities occurs, the customer is essentially betting against the bucket shop operator in a game based on abstract security prices. While trading in a legitimate exchange also provides a similar game or wagering aspect, the one distinctive characteristic of a bucket shop is the mimicry of trading securities when no actual securities are traded. The bucket shop's exchange is a fiction, which the parties agree to imagine as following the events occurring in a real exchange. Alternatively, the bucket shop operator "literally 'plays the bank,' as in a gambling house, against the customer". [7]

Bucketing of orders violates several provisions of U.S. securities law.[8][9] These prohibitions apply to legitimate brokerages as well as bucket shops."

alcol May 16, 2019 11:09pm | Post# 4211

When you talk of spread betting........ is that CFD'S you are referring to. I have an account with FXCM who only offer CFD'S to trade the indice's. Is there any advantage in opening another account that offers futures. Have been looking at Interactive brokers who do offer a wider range of instruments.

bapakjason May 17, 2019 12:18am | Post# 4212

{quote} Too early to say but people frequently tell me that Futures are superior to Spread betting -( UK only I believe)so I thought I would demo them for a while. Pleased so far.
Got an email from AMP yesterday saying they were setting micro commission at $0.33 per side for a contract. Not too bad . . . .

CLTrader May 17, 2019 2:35am | Post# 4213

0.33 per side for the micros is a very good price. Interactive Brokers in the US charges 0.47.

alcol, yes, spread betting is just another phrase for CFD. Two interesting notes. Interactive Brokers is a highly reputable international brokerage firm. They offer CFD's in Europe, but of course, not in the US. So my post above is not to suggest that CFD's are illegal in the sense that there is nefarious activity on the part of the provider; however, it does mean that they do not provide the same transaction safeguards that a regulated exchange has been setup for both buyers and sellers. In other words, they are simulating a real exchange with the difference (from a real one) being that the other side of your risk is entirely theirs where their money is backed by either their own assets or those of their other CFD customers.

Second, FXCM used to be a Forex provider in the US until the govt found they were committing massive fraud to their customers in the form of spread manipulation. Their activities probably never would have been discovered were it not for having been required to be regulated by US securities laws to operate there in the first place. And THAT'S why you can't find many Forex brokers who will accept US customers. It's because the majority of them don't want to come under the scrutiny of US securities laws.

Same thing with binary options providers. Nadex, a subsidiary of IG Group (from the UK), is one of just two providers in the US. While they are fully regulated in the US and provide all of the necessary transaction safeguards of a regulated exchange, Nadex still has horrible bid/ask spreads. They're so bad that your win rate would have to be a long-term 70%+ just to turn a profit.

Note: Back to my original post about bucket shops in the US. They were all eventually shut down because rampant fraud was taking place.

turnip15 May 17, 2019 6:20am | Post# 4214

1 Attachment(s)
two failures -two gainers.
Enjoy your weekend people.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Germany 30_20190517_11.18.png
Size: 210 KB

turnip15 May 17, 2019 10:50am | Post# 4215

1 Attachment(s)
Demo - Friday Micro-DOW.... Nice run up?
Click to Enlarge

Name: DOWFRiday.png
Size: 130 KB

turnip15 May 21, 2019 7:49am | Post# 4216

1 Attachment(s)
Mixed bag -muddle headed today ! Stops to close maybe ?
Click to Enlarge

Name: Germany 30_20190521_12.46.png
Size: 214 KB

turnip15 May 21, 2019 10:13am | Post# 4217

Looking at the Dow Micro's. So far the one minute candles are very big so I am standing aside for now.

turnip15 May 21, 2019 11:42am | Post# 4218

1 Attachment(s)
Looking at the Dow Micro's. So far the one minute candles are very big so I am standing aside for now.

Demo Micro Dow -UK time
Huge candles so I would wait -then Long appeared later as price climbed the moving average. Comments ?
Anyone there ?
Click to Enlarge

Name: MONDOW.png
Size: 206 KB

turnip15 May 28, 2019 5:03am | Post# 4219

1 Attachment(s)
UK Time - Morning Dax.
Not bad considering I have the Grandson here plus his lunatic one year old Labrador
Click to Enlarge

Name: Germany 30_20190528_09.58.png
Size: 188 KB

lemercenaire May 28, 2019 7:01am | Post# 4220

UK Time - Morning Dax. Not bad considering I have the Grandson here plus his lunatic one year old Labrador {image}
Is the drink for the grandson to keep him quiet?

© Forex Factory