Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading with range bars ichimoku cloud & awesome oscillator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=583609)

lemercenaire May 7, 2019 1:24pm | Post# 4181

Anyone - Playing with E Micros on web based browser with AMP Euro ( MT5 only or web based mt5 only with IMAC) How do I save charts for printing on FF forums ??
If it's web based, save to your MS Cloud account, pull out to your desktop and then edit/upload to FF from there as usual.

If on a Chromebook, then you'll be saving to your Google Cloud account.

turnip15 May 10, 2019 8:53am | Post# 4182

Anyone - Playing with E Micros on web based browser with AMP Euro ( Limited to web based MT5 only because I have an iMac - AMP Europe's MT5-full version non web based -is for Windows only) How do I save charts for printing on FF forums ??
Forget that. I have cleaned an old Laptop and re-installed Windows. Then downloaded AMP Futures ( Europe) and their MT5, to play with the Micro Futures - less hassle for me than trying to do so on my iMac. A cheap way to see how these Futures trade against a Spread Bet broker such as IG etc in the UK.

https://ampglobal.com

lemercenaire May 10, 2019 9:05am | Post# 4183

{quote} Forget that. I have cleaned an old Laptop and re-installed Windows. Then downloaded AMP Futures ( Europe) and their MT5, to play with the Micro Futures - less hassle for me than trying to do so on my iMac. A cheap way to see how these Futures trade against a Spread Bet broker such as IG etc in the UK. https://ampglobal.com
As we talked about off screen, you are one of a handful of friends here and there who are investigating this and it will be interesting to hear your thoughts on it.

turnip15 May 10, 2019 2:29pm | Post# 4184

1 Attachment(s)
DEMO : Micro Future in action -not bad for a new member to the Futures club. Micro Dow:
Click to Enlarge

Name: AMP Global (EU) MetaTrader 5 Futures, FX, CFDs, Cryptos.png
Size: 176 KB

lemercenaire May 10, 2019 2:36pm | Post# 4185

DEMO : Micro Future in action -not bad for a new member to the Futures club. Micro Dow: {image}
DOW looked smooth as silk today, nicely done, T.

turnip15 May 13, 2019 5:55am | Post# 4186

1 Attachment(s)
Dax for this morning was down hill. Oh to get this everyday Consider it as an infrequent present from Dax

EDIT 11:10 am UK time): Actually, a lot of instruments nose dived this morning here and the USA ( Dow for example). Our FTSE had a similar pattern to Dax but more "raggedy."
Click to Enlarge

Name: Germany 30_20190513_10.52.png
Size: 182 KB

turnip15 May 13, 2019 5:37pm | Post# 4187

1 Attachment(s)
Not traded but part of a test and a reality check : Three stop out and two wins = overall loss - not as easy as this mornings Dax.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Wall Street_20190513_22.34.png
Size: 189 KB

turnip15 May 14, 2019 9:48am | Post# 4188

1 Attachment(s)
Dow Micro Future demo:
Anyone tried new Micro futures ?
Click to Enlarge

Name: DOW.jpg
Size: 785 KB

Minnesota May 14, 2019 10:42am | Post# 4189

Dow Micro Future demo: Anyone tried new Micro futures ? {image}
I'm looking into the micros too, the liquidity looks good. AMP seems pretty good but the range bar charts on MT5 don't work offline like MT4. TOS is perfect but I talked to TD Ameritrade which is currently charging 2.25 per contract. They will figure out a lower commission structure for micros by the end if the week.

turnip15 May 14, 2019 10:59am | Post# 4190

1 Attachment(s)
Dow Micro Future demo: Anyone tried new Micro futures ? {image}

Later that afternoon :-)
Click to Enlarge

Name: DOW2.png
Size: 149 KB

alcol May 14, 2019 10:45pm | Post# 4191

2 Attachment(s)
Two trades today. Click to Enlarge

Name: Annotation 2019-05-15 hkg33.png
Size: 66 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: gbpaud150519.PNG
Size: 64 KB

alcol May 15, 2019 4:02am | Post# 4192

1 Attachment(s)
First live trade on the Dax. Out way to early.Click to Enlarge

Name: dax1505.png
Size: 61 KB

turnip15 May 15, 2019 6:32am | Post# 4193

1 Attachment(s)
First live trade on the Dax. Out way to early.{image}
A good run down Alcol
Click to Enlarge

Name: Germany 30_20190515_09.09.png
Size: 162 KB

turnip15 May 15, 2019 11:26am | Post# 4194

1 Attachment(s)
Demo Micro DOW FUTURE.

One short loser -price flat then climbs rapidly - settles down and we get a long.
Maybe I got in late ?

( Chart via MT5 which is all you get with AMP Futures EUROPE. )
Click to Enlarge

Name: DOWWeds.png
Size: 126 KB

turnip15 May 15, 2019 11:33am | Post# 4195

1 Attachment(s)
Demo Micro DOW FUTURE. One short loser -price flat then climbs rapidly - settles down and we get a long. Maybe I got in late ? ( Chart via MT5 which is all you get with AMP Futures EUROPE. ) {image}
AND - the Demo MICRO NAS Future - better action - upwards- than Dow ?
Click to Enlarge

Name: NASMICRO.png
Size: 113 KB

Patje May 15, 2019 1:24pm | Post# 4196

{quote} AND - the Demo MICRO NAS Future - better action - upwards- than Dow ? {image}
Today much smoother as the Dow.... Was like milking the cow.... So many add on at retrace to the Ema... And trending like hell.... Awesome day...... BTW you could also open an account at normal amp..... There you have a lot of choices in platforms.... Nice results today T....

turnip15 May 15, 2019 2:56pm | Post# 4197

{quote} Today much smoother as the Dow.... Was like milking the cow.... So many add on at retrace to the Ema... And trending like hell.... Awesome day...... BTW you could also open an account at normal amp..... There you have a lot of choices in platforms.... Nice results today T....
I am in the UK. I was told by USA AMP rep. that it's easier to trade with AMP Europe because you can fund your account via bank card unlike the USA Amp account which can only be funded by wire.

Patje May 16, 2019 2:36am | Post# 4198

{quote} I am in the UK. I was told by USA AMP rep. that it's easier to trade with AMP Europe because you can fund your account via bank card unlike the USA Amp account which can only be funded by wire.
yeah....if you are happy with MT5...i would stick with amp europe.....if you prefer another platform.... ...

you have to choose between easy funding or wide choice of different platforms.... as i am not a big fan of MT.....i go with amp us.....just do where you feel comfortable with

turnip15 May 16, 2019 4:24am | Post# 4199

1 Attachment(s)
Tougher Dax for me this UK morning
One break even, one winner and one loser.....overall loss today. Puts into perspective the odd day where Dax or Dow just goes up or down like an escalator or moves enough for ten pip targets
Click to Enlarge

Name: Germany 30_20190516_09.21.png
Size: 191 KB

lemercenaire May 16, 2019 4:31am | Post# 4200

Tougher Dax for me this UK morning One break even, one winner and one loser.....overall loss today. Puts into perspective the odd day where Dax or Dow just goes up or down like an escalator or moves enough for ten pip targets {image}
I think overall, running the way you are here - looking for longer trades to hold for a time - is not suited to The DAX at this time of the morning. It needs a hit-and-run approach to take advantage of the mad moves that will kill you here.

For instance, compare how at the same time slot today, I had 7 trades for +52.5 so definitely a case of horses-for-courses.

© Forex Factory