Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading with range bars ichimoku cloud & awesome oscillator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=583609)

ichikuse Jul 29, 2017 1:00pm | Post# 2141

{quote} I gave the trade about a 55 pip Stop loss, knowing the CAD news would be out soon. I stayed in the trade because: 1) oil had been climbing steadily that day, ad has been trending stronger. 2) CAD had been strong that day. 3) The downtrend had been reliable for the past several hours. 4) The 15 min. top was rounded. 5) The last 2-3 five min. candles were showing a peak and starting a swing back down 10-15 minutes before the news came out. 6) More often than not the CAD news I've traded has moved in a single direction when the news is released....
Now i understand your logic behind the trade!Helpful indeed.Thanks.

ichikuse Aug 1, 2017 3:39am | Post# 2142

2 Attachment(s)
Hi guys! I am excited to post my first results ever after i came across this awesome thread about a month or so ago! I used the power indicator and noticed that AUD was on the backfoot and the fact that the RBA statement was dovish helped make the trades highly probable.I took the trades at about ten minutes after London open.
My local time is only one hour ahead of London.

I made 20 pips on EURAUD and 23 pips on GBPAUD in ABOUT ten minutes! RP thanks for sharing this!As for my charts i like to incorporate the 200 EMA because it really helps me gauge the trend.I never trade against it and i have noticed that when price breaks above or below both the cloud and the EMA, the breakout is highly probable.

As for my exit i just decided to exit both trades when price on GBPAUD was struggling to break today's high.My understanding is that daily highs and lows are psychological levels and price tends to retrace when it initially reaches those.Please someone tell me if this is correct.

To everyone on the thread i say thank you and i wish you all the best.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURAUD.jpg
Size: 112 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPAUD.jpg
Size: 110 KB

alcol Aug 1, 2017 4:31am | Post# 2143

Nice to see a plan come together. Well done.

civilpes2001 Aug 1, 2017 11:41pm | Post# 2144

Hi guys! I am excited to post my first results ever after i came across this awesome thread about a month or so ago! I used the power indicator and noticed that AUD was on the backfoot and the fact that the RBA statement was dovish helped make the trades highly probable.I took the trades at about ten minutes after London open. My local time is only one hour ahead of London. I made 20 pips on EURAUD and 23 pips on GBPAUD in ABOUT ten minutes! RP thanks for sharing this!As for my charts i like to incorporate the 200 EMA because it really helps me...

Hi,

Could you please tell me which time frame you are using to check the strength of the currency, is it 4hr, 1hr or 15min.??

ichikuse Aug 2, 2017 8:38am | Post# 2145

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi, Could you please tell me which time frame you are using to check the strength of the currency, is it 4hr, 1hr or 15min.??
Hi Civil.
Rockypoint said he looks at the 4h,1h and 15 min.
I also do the same.My own opinion is that the 1h might be more effective followed by the 15 min.
For example today at about 30 mins before London open the Euro went on a crazy bullish move against other currencies and this lasted approximately one hour 45 minutes after London open and then the euro took a dive and began a crazy bearish move against other currencies.
If you look at the charts as i write this 5 and a half hours after London open you will see that if you rely on the 4h chart you will conclude wrongly that the Euro is very strong currently which is not true.The one hour chart is more representative of the current scenario.
Name:  1h.jpg
Views: 1613
Size:  33 KB
Name:  4h.jpg
Views: 1603
Size:  36 KB

rockypoint Aug 4, 2017 5:10pm | Post# 2146

Hello to everyone. Have had an old friend living with me, while i'm teaching him to scalp for extra income. Its been 2 weeks and next week will be the last.
Its gone well and he's been averaging 100usd a day profit. Not major bucks but adding it to social security and a small pension makes life easier.

Anyway since I haven't been teaching him the system on this thread I haven't been posting anything, plus time of year makes scalping easier. Should get back to normal after Labor Day.

ichikuse Aug 4, 2017 6:30pm | Post# 2147

Hello to everyone. Have had an old friend living with me, while i'm teaching him to scalp for extra income. Its been 2 weeks and next week will be the last. Its gone well and he's been averaging 100usd a day profit. Not major bucks but adding it to social security and a small pension makes life easier. Anyway since I haven't been teaching him the system on this thread I haven't been posting anything, plus time of year makes scalping easier. Should get back to normal after Labor Day.
Hi RP 100usd is not small at all especially when that target is averaged consistently. The friend you are teaching is very fortunate. I know this thread is for the awesome oscillator and ichimoku but if you don't mind please post one or two charts of the scalping method you are teaching and the rules. That would be very helpful for us to also substitute strategies especially with the big money traders going on holiday . We can then privately go on to learn the system without having to shift attention to it on this thread unless you as the thread starter are fine with that.

rockypoint Aug 6, 2017 4:10pm | Post# 2148

2 Attachment(s)
A couple of people have asked for example of scalping method I'm teaching my friend. So here it is, just note that this chart was by far the best trading day he had. he was able to to keep his win rate at 70% and averaged 11 pips per win and 4 pips per loss. the chart should speak for itself as far as rules go, if anyone has questions feel free to ask.
Click to Enlarge

Name: template.PNG
Size: 94 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: scalp.png
Size: 95 KB

ichikuse Aug 6, 2017 4:57pm | Post# 2149

A couple of people have asked for example of scalping method I'm teaching my friend. So here it is, just note that this chart was by far the best trading day he had. he was able to to keep his win rate at 70% and averaged 11 pips per win and 4 pips per loss. the chart should speak for itself as far as rules go, if anyone has questions feel free to ask. {image} {image}
Hi RP. I am so grateful!!! It takes hard work to develop these successful strategies and to simply share without asking for anything in return that's another level of selflessness.

Solomadjan Aug 7, 2017 6:26am | Post# 2150

A couple of people have asked for example of scalping method I'm teaching my friend. So here it is, just note that this chart was by far the best trading day he had. he was able to to keep his win rate at 70% and averaged 11 pips per win and 4 pips per loss. the chart should speak for itself as far as rules go, if anyone has questions feel free to ask. {image} {image}
What period of RSI we can use in mt4, it has only one period instead of three in TOS?

chaveznqoos Aug 7, 2017 8:04am | Post# 2151

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} What period of RSI we can use in mt4, it has only one period instead of three in TOS?
45 and 55 are the levels of the RSI---
Name:  rsi.png
Views: 1330
Size:  8 KB

ichikuse Aug 7, 2017 8:16am | Post# 2152

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} What period of RSI we can use in mt4, it has only one period instead of three in TOS?
Hi Solo,change the default 14 value to 8 as in RP's chart and then add the 45 and 55(by altering the default 30 and 70) as shown by Chavez
Click to Enlarge

Name: rsi.jpg
Size: 36 KB

ichikuse Aug 7, 2017 8:27am | Post# 2153

1 Attachment(s)
MT4 users like me if you need a color changing RSI as RP's you may try the one attached here.It seems to be working well.Try it.
RSI-TC_NEW.ex4

chaveznqoos Aug 7, 2017 8:29am | Post# 2154

MT4 users like me if you need a color changing RSI as RP's you may try the one attached here.It seems to be working well.Try it. {file}

Solomadjan Aug 7, 2017 9:15am | Post# 2155

{quote} 45 and 55 are the levels of the RSI--- {image}
{quote} Hi Solo,change the default 14 value to 8 as in RP's chart and then add the 45 and 55(by altering the default 30 and 70) as shown by Chavez {image}
Ok, thanks guys

turnip15 Aug 7, 2017 10:55am | Post# 2156

Trying to set up Range Bars on MT4 !!
Got the offline chart but it is dead -does not update in line with one minute chart?
What am I doing wrong ??
Thanks for any help.

EDIT..MT4

turnip15 Aug 7, 2017 2:37pm | Post# 2157

Trying to set up Range Bars on MT4 !! Got the offline chart but it is dead -does not update in line with one minute chart? What am I doing wrong ?? Thanks for any help. EDIT..MT4
Cancel that -found them on OVO.cz with instructions that even I could follow :-)
Thanks anyway.

ichikuse Aug 8, 2017 6:19am | Post# 2158

1 Attachment(s)
Just closed out a trade a few minutes ago and made 14 pips on GBPNZD. Decided to close the trade when price broke trendline i had drawn and also because of bullish divergence.
I also did not think bears would prevail at what i think is major support (GBPJPY was simultaneously struggling to go below 144.000) given current lack of high liquidity and non market moving news.
RP, do you think my reasons for exiting the trade are valid?
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_3.jpg
Size: 126 KB

ichikuse Aug 8, 2017 7:16am | Post# 2159

1 Attachment(s)
Just closed out a USDJPY trade for 15 pips.I get nervous when price is around a past resistance level.I have to master the act of holding a trade because it looks like usdjpy might continue lower than my exit.
Click to Enlarge

Name: usd.jpg
Size: 150 KB

rockypoint Aug 8, 2017 1:40pm | Post# 2160

Ichikuse, Your reasoning was just fine.

© Forex Factory