Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading with range bars ichimoku cloud & awesome oscillator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=583609)

rockypoint Mar 18, 2016 3:39pm | Post# 1

Trading with range bars ichimoku cloud & awesome oscillator

1 Attachment(s)
This a first post on a new thread that is an off shoot of big income from a small account-m1 trading system.

I will begin posting my trades here next week.

Just so every one know and understands i have no interest in selling any trading systems, signals or mirror trading
services.

This thread is solely for helping each other with what can be a very frustrating hobby/business trading.

The system template is simple.

Candles, use i/2 min or range bars
indicators: Ichimoku cloud settings 9, 16, 52
awesome oscillator std. Settings

below is image of what my charts look like:
Click to Enlarge

Name: S59.png
Size: 74 KB

skdew Mar 18, 2016 3:48pm | Post# 2

I enjoyed reading your post in the other thread - I like your patience and discipline!

rockypoint Mar 18, 2016 3:53pm | Post# 3

Why some people were getting blocked from previous thread I have no clue.

Lets just have some fun exchanging ideas and information on trading.

Lets see if we can find any ways to improve the system and our trading.

Only thing I would ask is no ea's please, I really don't like them.

rockypoint Mar 18, 2016 3:57pm | Post# 4

Every one have a great weekend. Me I'm ready for a huge steak, a baked potato and some ice cold beer tonight. Now its time for the gym.

golden-way Mar 18, 2016 4:45pm | Post# 5

1 Attachment(s)
Hey again fellows
RP this is what i have send to you by Messages... and it wasnt just me having the issue ,
tnx for doing this thread by the way
Click to Enlarge

Name: 55.JPG
Size: 68 KB

golden-way Mar 18, 2016 4:53pm | Post# 6

1 Attachment(s)
this is todays gbp chart....
i think my tp was little tight ...
any tips for sticking more with the green side of market?
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDM2.png
Size: 55 KB

Korndawg Mar 18, 2016 5:29pm | Post# 7

This a first post on a new thread that is an off shoot of big income from a small account-m1 trading system. I will begin posting my trades here next week. Just so every one know and understands i have no interest in selling any trading systems, signals or mirror trading services. This thread is solely for helping each other with what can be a very frustrating hobby/business trading. The system template is simple. Candles, use i/2 min or range bars indicators: Ichimoku cloud settings 9, 16, 52 awesome oscillator std. Settings below is image of what...
Glad you did this Rocky, was thinking that...not sure why it was in the commercial area anyway.....thanks and always look forward to your charts and comments...have a good one....ciao

Korndawg Mar 18, 2016 5:31pm | Post# 8

one other question for anyone....when I used to get in the forums the first post was on the last page and the last was on page 1....but now its changed....anyone know how to reset or get it back that way...thought there used to be some setting that has last post first....but can't find it...

Forexmeoff Mar 19, 2016 1:08am | Post# 9

what size range bars are preferable please....for Mt4 need to specify in pips eg...3 ....or 2.5 pips.....etc

What is the moving average....?

Looks like your question of how to stay in longer for more profit ( golden way )...... Can be answered by closing when the candle closes below ...or above that Moving average

golden-way Mar 19, 2016 5:21am | Post# 10

1 Attachment(s)
i dont knw if i have the right settings on my chart yet, because mt4 and thinkorswim platform have some differences,
its 5 tick per bar Forexmeoff
no you need to set candles to range bars... there are EAs and INDIs in past foroum u cand find out...

what exactly is this line on your chart rocky ?
Click to Enlarge

Name: S59.png
Size: 106 KB

Forexmeoff Mar 19, 2016 5:44am | Post# 11

thanks, have range indicator. 5 ticks.....that is 0.5 pips.....so half a pip. Will check it out....that's a small range bar. On mt4 1 pip is 10 ticks or 10 of the last decimal place for 5 digit brokers if you take my meaning...that's how I understand it anyway. Maybe it's five pips range bar. If the thread starter can confirm it will be clear.

golden-way Mar 19, 2016 8:16am | Post# 12

in version i use its 5 pips either, half a pip is so small and hard to trade !

longman72 Mar 19, 2016 1:15pm | Post# 13

Thanks for starting this thread Rockypoint,

I was also blocked on the last one. It is a rare thing to find someone these days who is willing to share and teach a profitable system without wanting something back.

Hope the steak and beers went down well!

Sure sound like you live the life over there in Mexico!
!

rockypoint Mar 19, 2016 1:24pm | Post# 14

1 Attachment(s)
Hey GW, the line on my chart is tenkan or more accurately the tenkan sen or turning line it is essentially a moving average the is computed by
using the highest high and lowest low over 9 bars, if you compare it to 9 period SMA you will see the tenkan shows more areas of flattening. The flattening of the tenkan is indicative of price ranging.

As far as staying in trades longer, I don't normally set up tp orders ahead of time, I use previous s/r or swing highs/lows as targets if it breaks through I'll stay in and see what happens with next target. Also you can use the tenkan below is an example of use the tenkan flattening during
a trade and using it as s/r areas and waiting for breaks which came time after time.(obviously this does not happen very often) but it does occur
more often on a smaller scale.
Click to Enlarge

Name: S23.png
Size: 70 KB

rockypoint Mar 19, 2016 1:31pm | Post# 15

Hey Longman, thanks for the kind words. Mexico has been great and the people are so nice. We hung at a local cantina last night drinking negro
modelo on tap for 10 peros a mug(.55usd) and dancing to the band.

Forexmeoff Mar 19, 2016 3:06pm | Post# 16

Hey GW, the line on my chart is tenkan or more accurately the tenkan sen or turning line it is essentially a moving average the is computed by using the highest high and lowest low over 9 bars, if you compare it to 9 period SMA you will see the tenkan shows more areas of flattening. The flattening of the tenkan is indicative of price ranging. As far as staying in trades longer, I don't normally set up tp orders ahead of time, I use previous s/r or swing highs/lows as targets if it breaks through I'll stay in and see what happens with next target....
Could you answer the range bar question please. How many pips for range bars mt4.

kthrapp350 Mar 19, 2016 3:21pm | Post# 17

1 Attachment(s)
This is how I lay out my screens. Watch five pairs at a time. Similar charts to RP
Click to Enlarge

Name: image.jpeg
Size: 1.8 MB

kthrapp350 Mar 19, 2016 3:22pm | Post# 18

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: image.jpeg
Size: 1.7 MB

rockypoint Mar 19, 2016 3:26pm | Post# 19

Tos is a 5 decimal platform 10 ticks equal 1 pip, i generally use 50 ticks bars, sometimes that is too large and i will try
25 ticks or atr.

golden-way Mar 19, 2016 3:28pm | Post# 20

3 Attachment(s)
thanx RP that is very help full
i feel having more trouble with situations like below... (when market has no good move) to get it out with small profit or small loss,
it happend to me for number of times that ended with BE or much bigger loss !
could u plz explain about this too?
cheers
Click to Enlarge

Name: s92 (.png
Size: 89 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: s87.png
Size: 76 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: S89.png
Size: 76 KB

© Forex Factory