Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Plan the Trade (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=582121)

onejester Sep 18, 2019 5:30pm | Post# 12501

Gone, but not forgotten. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say a little bit of him and all he shared will live on in all of us.

focusonmoney Sep 18, 2019 6:26pm | Post# 12502

R.I.P cable guy.

Paulnz57 Sep 19, 2019 9:18am | Post# 12503

Never met CG but I wish I had based on his presence here and the good words spoken of him by others that knew him better than me, RIP CG, you were a valiant fighter and man of strong character, thoughts are with all your family and close friends.

goma Sep 19, 2019 10:38am | Post# 12504

1 Attachment(s)
logged in at the open, missed 2 long setups after accumulation, waiting for more econ data to come out.
good luck
regards
goma
Click to Enlarge

Name: NQ 12-19 (20 Second) 2019_09_19 (7_32_23 AM).png
Size: 37 KB

turnip15 Sep 20, 2019 7:36am | Post# 12505

Never met CG but I wish I had based on his presence here and the good words spoken of him by others that knew him better than me, RIP CG, you were a valiant fighter and man of strong character, thoughts are with all your family and close friends.
Just seen this upon returning from holiday. Loved reading his posts - a decent human being. RIP Cableguy.

erasmus66 Sep 20, 2019 9:17am | Post# 12506

anyone tried cts data feed?

goma Sep 20, 2019 10:21am | Post# 12507

2 Attachment(s)
2 missed and a brain fart, no trades made. must be too many witches today. tight opening during the first 5 minutes.
good luck
regards
goma
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture-1.PNG
Size: 140 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture-2.PNG
Size: 167 KB

goma Sep 25, 2019 11:02am | Post# 12508

1 Attachment(s)
been too busy of a month, not trading. things are easing up a bit so will have more time to sit in front of the NY open. missed several attempts today
mostly due to too greedy, but volatility is pretty high for planning a trade. only 5 trades so far this month for a total of 35 plus T. my view of the
morning below. hope others are profitable in this market.
good luck
regards
goma
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture-4.PNG
Size: 157 KB

goma Sep 25, 2019 1:39pm | Post# 12509

1 Attachment(s)
came back for a later view. 2 trades, minus 4 and plus 7. didn't do anything for my average but it slowed down enough to spot 1-2-3's and 2Bs.
practice spotting in real time takes practice or I get rusty (and sent back to the minor leagues)
good luck
regards
goma
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture-5.PNG
Size: 163 KB

ophelimity Sep 25, 2019 9:06pm | Post# 12510

Curious where did Divergence go? another forum? Peace guys.

onejester Sep 26, 2019 10:21am | Post# 12511

1 Attachment(s)
Dunno if anybody is still here, but I basically had to readapt and I'm back to testing in sim for a short while. This slippage business changed everything for me, so I had to readapt, hopefully it will be for the better...

Did anybody try the Rithmic feed? Would be interested in seeing some charts.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 16.20.46.png
Size: 33 KB

goma Sep 26, 2019 10:52am | Post# 12512

1 Attachment(s)
Dunno if anybody is still here, but I basically had to re adapt and I'm back to testing in sim for a short while. This slippage business changed everything for me, so I had to re adapt, hopefully it will be for the better... Did anybody try the Rithmic feed? Would be interested in seeing some charts. {image}
still here, at least until the end of the year. if the thread dies out I'll go back to the occasional lurking like most seem to do. still with continuum (CQG). slippage has been minimal and only on exits, limit entries and stops no problems. just getting back to regular time watching/trading price action. one trade
this morning for plus 5. end of the quarter coming up, a bit more volatility than usual.
good luck
regards
goma
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture-6.PNG
Size: 147 KB

erasmus66 Sep 26, 2019 2:35pm | Post# 12513

Dunno if anybody is still here, but I basically had to readapt and I'm back to testing in sim for a short while. This slippage business changed everything for me, so I had to readapt, hopefully it will be for the better... Did anybody try the Rithmic feed? Would be interested in seeing some charts. {image}

just getting set up with rithmic oj .. will post chart when up and running

erasmus66 Sep 26, 2019 2:35pm | Post# 12514

Dunno if anybody is still here, but I basically had to readapt and I'm back to testing in sim for a short while. This slippage business changed everything for me, so I had to readapt, hopefully it will be for the better... Did anybody try the Rithmic feed? Would be interested in seeing some charts. {image}
what time frame is your chart .. 20 sec?

goma Sep 30, 2019 11:42am | Post# 12515

1 Attachment(s)
sat down an hour late today, but looked like window dressing was the theme of the morning. didn't have confidence in entries (all the blue lines)
or missed a few. took one for plus 5T. tmro is a new month and quarter. only made 9 trades this month, very erratic on my part for plus 39T net after
costs, losses and commissions. only 4.3333 per trade average. need to be more patient. hope you all did better.
good luck
regards
goma
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture-7.PNG
Size: 162 KB

Divergence Sep 30, 2019 12:23pm | Post# 12516

seems like the thread has run its coarse. I miss him greatly had only 3 losing trades this month hope you guys are doing well good luck

onejester Sep 30, 2019 2:15pm | Post# 12517

{quote} what time frame is your chart .. 20 sec?
30 sec. Thanks, appreciate it. I had never considered that the data feed could have had implications but I'm keen to see what your candles look like as I know you questioned this ages ago.

onejester Sep 30, 2019 2:49pm | Post# 12518

seems like the thread has run its coarse. I miss him greatly had only 3 losing trades this month hope you guys are doing well good luck
I think we all do. Do you think it is wrong for us to continue posting here?

goma Oct 2, 2019 11:05am | Post# 12519

difficult question for me to answer. I didn't know the man but have read many of his posts and value his inputs. those who knew him well, this thread is obviously
a reminder of their loss of his friendship. at over 12 thousand posts it is obviously an important topic. prehaps a new thread we can move to and continue
to practice improve and share from what we have learnt here?
good luck
regards
goma

onejester Oct 2, 2019 1:54pm | Post# 12520

I don't think it is as complicated as that. I think there are some who couldn't make it work, and have lost their motivation and given up. Then there are others who have probably made it work and can't be bothered to post any more. Personally I think it is a shame nobody (other than Harold) fed back as to their consistency. I suspect reading between the lines that there was a lack of it. Demons, or discipline...

I'm well on the way to fixing my slippage problem, but I'll continue in sim until I have it sorted. I'll pop up again on another thread (if any of you guys decide to start one) when I'm live. Although not futures, Steve Patts thread is a good place to hang out. I might be wrong, but I don't see a lot of BS going on there https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...9#post12519909

Or

Inserted Video
for Harold's Youtube channel

Ras, if you get rithmic up and running, please PM me a link

Any of the other posters on this thread have any recommendations along similar lines, might be nice to finish with them.

Thanks guys

© Forex Factory